LCD How to Survive at the Academy

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by harleyrea, May 20, 2022.

1. HanBoitheLamb

HanBoitheLamb Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well she and Lucy from what I can tell
    Edit: Lets go Lucy lazy bastards for life wooooo

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2022
  2. lovecall

lovecall Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @galaxy123 Thanks.

@Daoist Ghoul To be honest, for me, the 3 main girls + the Princess of charity is so good of a partner. If I was Ed, I would be hardly able to choose between them, too (Sorry for being a scumbug, haha.). Each girl is someone I would love to be with for mutual supports, mutual encouraging, and so on.

1. Yenika: I would love to enjoy helping and being helped by this angelic girl, and maybe help and teach her how to adapt in the real world while still preserving her own charms. And my gain from being with her is her presence itself and that angelic smile that will almost always brighten my days.

2. Lucy: This one is a bit more complicated. I would love to help her find the other meanings of her life apart from magic which she is already good at, and Ed (In this case, it is me in the hypothetical situation). I just want her to enjoy life more and do not obsess over only one or two things. Because when she lost those things, she will also effectively lose the meaning of her life. And I can never be with her forever throughout her life. The future is so uncertain after all.

And, hell, I would get an almost perfect physical protection, too (Plus, a free magic teacher!), so, it is not like I gain nothing from being with her, haha. ^^

3. Lortel: This one is in the similar vein as Lucy. While I don't mind her being such a cold-blooded merchant and all, I would prefer it if she let it rest for a bit. I am of the religion that talk of the Middle way. Being too strained or too laxed is not good for you. Lortel is being too strained in this case. I would like to - with my presence, supports, and encouraging - make her relax herself a little more on that front.

Although, from her positions, she will likely meet with more trashy people than good people, I don't want her to let that reasonable bias, to prevent her from finding good people in her lines of works, too. I want her to find and judge those people correctly.

And, of course, I would also gain something from her, first is financial supports, second is that I will not likely ever be cheated, haha (What with your girl being a genius merchant and negotiator and all.) So, yes, we have something to gain from being with each other. And I do believe being with her is a worthwhile thing.

4. Penia: To be honest, I am a bit bias towards her. Her personality is kinda my type. However, even after throwing those biases out of the way, she is still a girl I would want to be with. I want to support her in realizing her ideals and prevent her from making mistakes because she is too idealistic. I also want to teach her how to bend, but not break her idealism when the circumstances call for it.

In short, she has so much charisma that she just attracts me in being with her. The story said her older sister has more charisma as an emperor, but I disagree. The true leader is the one who is always humble but knows everything better than everyone. And knows when to be arrogant when they have to be even if they are usually so humble.

In the final analysis, she will gain my supports to realize her ideals. The supports that using wisdom, prudence, and righteousness in a balanced way. And I will not have to always be right, we each could have been right. We just exchange our viewpoints and solutions on matters and choose the best ones for it after considering all pros and cons of each solution.

That would be what we would gain from each other. A helper to help her realizing her ideals for her. An opportunity to being a part of the EPIC for me. Though, there is a little drawback in that we may not have enough personal time together, but that is still an acceptable thing for me. We will still have enough time together, albeit that most of it is not romantic and only consists of works.

As you can see, we all have something to gain from being together. I believe that is what love and relationships should be like.

So, which girl would be your choice? For me, all 4 are about even and I can't choose (Again, sorry for being a scumbag), each has their own pros and cons that reaches the same level overall.

P.S. You may think I am being too idealistic, but I believe that is exactly the reason I said this story will always be one of my all-time favs.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  3. AaronValacirca

AaronValacirca Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having read the whole thing, personally, I believe Yennekar beats all of the other potential love interests BY FAR in regards to who deserves to be with Ed, and if the series wasn't going for a harem-end it should've gone with Yennekar for the end-girl. In fact, I think the series would've been WAYYY better if it wasn't a harem-end, and Ed rejected all the other girls, keeping their relationships platonic to stay true to Yennekar instead.

- Yennekar's the one who developed feelings for Ed first among the girls.
    - Yennekar's kiss flustered Ed, and left an awkward atmosphere between them for days to sort their feelings, when neither of Lortel's kisses affected Ed at all.
    - Yennekar was the one recognized to be closest towards Ed, and was even called as such by Ziggs when he got the wrong idea about the situation and thought she was hunting down Tanya to avenge Ed's death, and was giving her a speech to calm down her supposed grief and rage.
    - Yennekar is willing to die for Ed, fully trusting him no matter the circumstances, even when she doesn't understand what was going on-- the scene where she grabbed the Phoenix Ring from Ed's pocket to push herself past her limits to summon the Highest-ranking Water Spirit and hundreds of other spirits to stop the Holy Knights from chasing them during the time-loop, risking her life from the backlash and going blind was insane. She didn't have the same Aspect magic Ed or Lucy did, this was all fresh and the 'first time' for her, all happening within a few hours with no preparation or idea of what was really going on. Ed just said he needed help and she was 100% there for him from the beginning.
    - Yennekar was the first person for Ed to fall in love with too, and the only reason why he hadn't progressed their relationship forward sooner after the game's scenario was completed and he had essentially guaranteed his survival is because of how shitty he felt it was that he'd have to ask her to tolerate his future relationships with other women that he'd undoubtedly have to get involved in due to his position. Again, Ed himself admits this.

*Post-Yennekar-discussion-harem-rant:
    Man, why'd this series have to guarantee a harem-end if they were going to give Ed this awesome sense of responsibility? Yes, its a fantasy world with different values, but Ed still treasures the values he's cultivated from Earth, so it matters. Like, holy hell I'm impressed by this. Instead of immediately abandoning the values he's grown up with going 'yay its legal to have a harem here~!' like most fantasy novels, a protagonist that actually values and appreciates monogamy? Harem-ends always undermine any romance themes-- 'Oh yeah I love you, but I don't love you enough to stay devoted to only you'. I know Ed is kind of being forced into this ending, but it still leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.

Second place is Lucy, her "I want to die in your arms" and "I feel so empty without you" scene (though it was explicitly stated those lines were made without any romantic intentions) during the time-loop give her big points, her devotion towards Ed does as well, but her lack of understanding of her own emotions, the innocence that seems to permeate through all her actions, as well the way she needs to be constantly taken care of, and tossed out of places constantly like a nuisance makes her feel more like a pet cat or a clueless little sister that's imprinted on Ed rather than a love interest. She still gets second place though because she had more of an impact on important events (battling gods, evil dragons, holy knights, acting as a living nuclear warhead deterrent to protect Ed from major powers, etc.) in comparison to Lortel-- who was just a support character throughout the important events providing Ed with crafting supplies. Might change opinion depending on how good Lucy's Gaiden is, depending if we ever get one.

Third Place is Lortel, she gets points for how forward she is-- having kissed Ed twice, and how open she is about her intentions towards him. She gets a lot of screen time, and even got two story arcs, but her dynamic and feelings towards Ed have always felt... one sided to me. Ed wasn't flustered at all from either of her kisses. He was more troubled than flustered from the first due to his reluctance to be involved with the main cast, and the second one made during the time-loop just had so terrible timing that he had other things he had to prioritize over it almost immediately as if it had never happened. Even during Lortel's second arc where she had the "You're mine, and I'm yours" moment with Ed, it felt so one-sided for an emotional moment. Ed admitted he was definitely one of Lortel's 'people' that she could always trust forever, but he also went on to prove right after that her secretary Lienna was one as well, and that she shouldn't live life thinking that she'd never be able to forge bonds like that with other people besides him, seeing as Lienna and the foundation she's built in her company were made way before she they had even met. Also though this isn't a romance thing, she lost a lot of points for not having much of a direct impact on any of the major events that weren't explicitly her arcs. She got Ed his crafting materials for his works... and that's about it. She isn't strong enough to be involved in any of the major fights besides the scripted end fight with the 'main character party' against the dragon, and she's a constant damsel in distress in all of her own arcs. She helped with finding the artifacts in the time-loop arcs, but that was a minor -if important- role at most. You could say she provides political/monetary support, but that stuff doesn't really stand out all that much. Maybe this opinion of mine will change over the course of her Gaiden arc... if it ever finishes, 'cause unfortunately the six chapters we have so far kind of fall flat to me.

Fourth place is Clarisse the Saintess. She had her time-loop arc and then was promptly forgotten for the rest of the series, having a small amount of screen time when everyone was fighting for Ed at the Rothtaylor Mansion. Heck the Saintess didn't even have much screentime when she and Ed went to the freaking HOLY TEMPLE to get more political support for Penia, as that arc was more for Lucy's character development than anything. She gets points for how close she got to Ed during the time-loop, that's it. Political potential love interest, not one I'd cheer for.

Tied for last place. Regarding Princess Penia...To be honest she didn't feel like a love interest at all to me throughout the series until her small scene near the climax. I thought they were building her up to be one at first in the beginning of the series, and then she just fell away into the background. Political potential love interest, not one I'd cheer for.

Tied for last place. Penia's eldest sister whose name I forget was more of an enemy until she tricked herself into falling in-love with Ed through her own delusions. Only interested in Ed because of his determination to stay loyal to Penia's faction, and his constant rejection of her offers feeding into her love to steal things that aren't hers (Yes, she's pretty much an NTL protagonist). Political potential love interest, not one I'd cheer for.

Not even in the rankings. Yennekar's friend who has a crush on Ed. Can't remember her name, only putting her in here 'cause I know some people will ask about her. Got close to Ed to see if he was good enough for Yennekar, became conscious of him instead. Background character that was never treated like a serious love interest throughout the novel. Its a school crush she'll probably grow out of.

Okay, that's my two cents on the matter. Please note this is all my personal opinion on my own interpretation of the novel's events.

4. HanBoitheLamb

HanBoitheLamb Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand that one scene with Lucy was less a romantic implication and more a show of their bond. Having only been able to read ReaperScans do they have their moments? It seems they do as many here seem to rank her very highly but I'm not sure

5. AaronValacirca

AaronValacirca Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *read the spoilers in my previous post, it has everything.

Personally? I don't see their relationship as romantic at all. Lucy is a cat that's imprinted on Ed due to his similarities to her grandfather/master-- that's the closest interpretation I have for their dynamic. She seems to awaken to some feelings after the time-loop arc, but its never acted upon in a romantic way besides hissing at the other girls to stay away every now and then.

To give some perspective, Lucy even sneaks into Ed's bed on a few occasions, but it doesn't feel romantic IN THE SLIGHTEST. Most of the time she does it just to help fix Ed from the magical backlash he receives from using the Phoenix Ring, and the one time I recall it happening where it wasn't for that was in the Holy Temple, and Ed wasn't even a little bit conscious or embarrassed by it at all. It doesn't feel romantic. Ed just doesn't see Lucy as a love interest.

I think most of her popularity comes from how much of a MAJOR MILITARY IMPACT she has during almost every arc, battling final bosses and acting as a living nuclear deterrent to keep political powers from getting their hooks into Ed. She's freaking awesome in that sense.

If Lucy ever gets a Gaiden Post-epilogue arc, that might change, but for now... yeah.

6. HanBoitheLamb

HanBoitheLamb Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I suppose it all has to do with one's perspective of romance in the end. And judging by well Ed just being Ed he really couldn't act on Lucy's advances since she was also a major character throughout the whole story like Lortel even if he wanted to. The only one he could have done that for is Yenneka as she was no longer important to the story
    Edit: Spending time together even if it isn't romantic initially is also a way for the author to portray romance. IMO Lucy is the type of character that doesn't understand that kind of stuff and Ed not wanting to get too close to her as she was still a major story character. Also like a lot of protagonists Ed is a bit of a dense idiot as he literally had to be fucking kissed to understand their intentions so no way he would have had realized Lucy of all people had feelings for him. The way he saw it he feeds Lucy she gives him an atomic nuke

7. lovecall

Reading List:
    Link
    @AaronValacirca
    One thing to say before I reply to you in detail later on, bro (still busy).

It is unfair to decide Yenika as the best by including her Gaiden.

All the Gaidens should be excluded in the analysis in my opinion, since they are still not finished yet. You should just consider things from all of the main story to give a more objective (unbiased) analysis on the matter. Since, like you said yourself, things may change once we know about all of their Gaidens.

Personally, I could counter some of your points reasonably (that even you may agree with), but I will just do it later in my next reply.

8. AaronValacirca

AaronValacirca Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to "counter any of my points". I stated in my earlier post that everything I said was based off of my own interpretation of the events that happened in the novel, not to be taken as absolute facts to start online arguments with strangers.

Just as how Ed's relationship with Yennekar was established in her Gaiden arc, Lortel's will probably be established at the end of hers (if it ever finishes, most likely by revealing how deep her feelings are in the notebook, thus awakening Ed's feelings or something). Same with Lucy, the princesses, and the Saintess as well.

You're still getting the harem-end that you want. Even if I say the relationships Ed developed with the girls besides Yennekar didn't feel romantic to me, the Gaiden arcs exist solely to induct them into his harem anyways. We all know it :blobexpressionless:

9. lovecall

Reading List:
    Link
    I would correct you that the harem-end is not exactly what I want. It is just that it is the best ending you could get from the novel. (In my opinion, just from reading the main story parts.)

What I want, is not a harem-end, but a best possible ending. It is just that, that ending happens to be a harem-end for this story in my opinion.

I have seen so many shitty harem-end in other novels, and I would prefer a one-romantic-partner ending from them (The other stories). But, not in this story. In my opinion, Harem-end is the best ending for it.

And no, the word counter actually meant that I could argue why I don't think the situation is like what you were saying in my opinion with reasons you said there (Flawed reasonings in my opinion). I never want to win or say I am right. I just want to exchange our opinions on the matter as fellow fans of the story.

P. S. Arguing for exchanging of views, not for winning or losing. In the end, we may likely agree to disagree, but at the very least, we both will know what the other thinks on the matter.

Please looking forward to my detail reply on the matter. It will be soon.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  10. lovecall

Reading List:
    Link
    - Yennekar's the one who developed feelings for Ed first among the girls. I don't remember exactly, but Lucy, Yenica, and Lortel were all starting to have an interaction with Ed in a friendly manner at almost the same time. Hell, If I remember correctly, Lucy interacted with Ed earlier than Yenica.

- Yennekar's kiss flustered Ed, and left an awkward atmosphere between them for days to sort their feelings, when neither of Lortel's kisses affected Ed at all. How would you know it did not affect Ed (Lortel's kisses)? Ed is a very strict person with himself from his time as a soldier, so he is good at supressing his feelings when the timing is not appropriate for it. Just blindly believing in the narration without ever question it is naive. There is a thing called unreliable narrator in writing techniques. Also, the one kissing him was Yenika, that angelic girl. I bet he felt bad for corrupting her as compared to the sly fox Lortel.

- Yennekar was the one recognized to be closest towards Ed, and was even called as such by Ziggs when he got the wrong idea about the situation and thought she was hunting down Tanya to avenge Ed's death, and was giving her a speech to calm down her supposed grief and rage. Well, I want to point out that the one who actually was out for blood to try to get a revenge for Ed in that certain incident is Lucy. XD

- Yennekar is willing to die for Ed, fully trusting him no matter the circumstances, even when she doesn't understand what was going on. Agree, but it is not so different for Lucy. And, although, Lortel is a bit more calculating, she is willing to betray the first princess to help Ed in that Roth Taylor massacre incident. Why would she be willing to abandon the chance to make the first princess owe her a favor? Monetary or personal profits? Nah, I don't think it is just that.

- the scene where she grabbed the Phoenix Ring from Ed's pocket to push herself past her limits to summon the Highest-ranking Water Spirit and hundreds of other spirits to stop the Holy Knights from chasing them during the time-loop, risking her life from the backlash and going blind was insane. She didn't have the same Aspect magic Ed or Lucy did, this was all fresh and the 'first time' for her, all happening within a few hours with no preparation or idea of what was really going on. Ed just said he needed help and she was 100% there for him from the beginning. Lucy took that same level of risks when fighting with Slyvania for the second time. She fought again even if she was already heavily injured and could lose her consciousness at any time. Even sacrifice her ability to use magic for several years - very similar to vision or the ability to walk for her - for Ed's sake. Not to mention the first time they fought, she willingly burned her hand just to try to keep her promise with Ed even if she half-thought he was already dead and is willing to DIE for him until he asked her to LIVE for him. As for Lortel, she was willing to leave the spotlight (Fame) of the stage to be with Ed. That monologue gave shivers running down my spine, to be honest.

- Yennekar was the first person for Ed to fall in love with too, and the only reason why he hadn't progressed their relationship forward sooner after the game's scenario was completed and he had essentially guaranteed his survival is because of how shitty he felt it was that he'd have to ask her to tolerate his future relationships with other women that he'd undoubtedly have to get involved in due to his position. Again, Ed himself admits this. I bet he does not feel that different towards the other two girls. "The only reason why he hadn't progressed their relationship forward sooner after the game's scenario was completed and he had essentially guaranteed his survival is because of how shitty he felt it was that he'd have to ask her to tolerate his future relationships with other women that he'd undoubtedly have to get involved in."

Though, of course, he would be more worried about it with Yenica than the other two because Lucy seemed relatively chill about it and Lortel gave an impression of being quite accepting of it. Yenica is so angelic after all. A lot of people would feel guilty when doing bad things to her than they usually would be when doing the exact same thing to the others.

*Post-Yennekar-discussion-harem-rant:
    Man, why'd this series have to guarantee a harem-end if they were going to give Ed this awesome sense of responsibility? Yes, its a fantasy world with different values, but Ed still treasures the values he's cultivated from Earth, so it matters. Like, holy hell I'm impressed by this. Instead of immediately abandoning the values he's grown up with going 'yay its legal to have a harem here~!' like most fantasy novels, a protagonist that actually values and appreciates monogamy? Harem-ends always undermine any romance themes-- 'Oh yeah I love you, but I don't love you enough to stay devoted to only you'. I know Ed is kind of being forced into this ending, but it still leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth. I would say Ed is not exactly what you said here. I think he is a bit similar to me. Though, of course, I would never be as hard-working as he is. In my opinion, he does not exactly appreciate monogamy, but a value of "BE FAITHFUL AND TRUTHFUL TO YOUR PARTNERS." The problem is "WHO is his actual real partner?" My answer to that would be, "THE THREE OF THEM."

I think he is the kind of person who would agree if one of his girls wanted to also be with another man apart from him and told him about it, given that their stories (the girl and the other boy) and relationship with each other were touching enough. Of course, I am not encouraging orgy here, I hate those. But, that just how Ed and I are. He values more about the nature of the bonds he has with them instead of stupid conventional values most people hold. Given that it is reasonable enough, of course.

Like, if one of the girls said, "he is handsome, I want to be with them too," Ed would ask the girl to fuck off and just be with that other man instead of him. But, if, for example, that boy was her beloved childhood friend who sacrificed himself for her that she had thought were already dead (More likely for Lortel's case, though I don't believe the example could really happen to her), then Ed is likely to accept that and agree to let her have a relationship with both that boy and him at the same time.

So, yes. That is my opinion on the matter. Maybe I am wrong, who knows.

Second place is Lucy, her "I want to die in your arms" and "I feel so empty without you" scene (though it was explicitly stated those lines were made without any romantic intentions) during the time-loop give her big points, her devotion towards Ed does as well, but her lack of understanding of her own emotions, the innocence that seems to permeate through all her actions, as well the way she needs to be constantly taken care of, and tossed out of places constantly like a nuisance makes her feel more like a pet cat or a clueless little sister that's imprinted on Ed rather than a love interest. She still gets second place though because she had more of an impact on important events (battling gods, evil dragons, holy knights, acting as a living nuclear warhead deterrent to protect Ed from major powers, etc.) in comparison to Lortel-- who was just a support character throughout the important events providing Ed with crafting supplies. Might change opinion depending on how good Lucy's Gaiden is, depending if we ever get one. I understood something from your words here. You have a narrowed view of what a romantic love is. Romantic love could have gone in many more ways than you think it is. Try watching or reading The Pet of Sakurasou to see what i meant. And, yes, Lucy and Ed has a Unique type of Romantic Love, but it is one nonetheless.

Third Place is Lortel, she gets points for how forward she is-- having kissed Ed twice, and how open she is about her intentions towards him. She gets a lot of screen time, and even got two story arcs, but her dynamic and feelings towards Ed have always felt... one sided to me. Ed wasn't flustered at all from either of her kisses. He was more troubled than flustered from the first due to his reluctance to be involved with the main cast, and the second one made during the time-loop just had so terrible timing that he had other things he had to prioritize over it almost immediately as if it had never happened. Even during Lortel's second arc where she had the "You're mine, and I'm yours" moment with Ed, it felt so one-sided for an emotional moment. Ed admitted he was definitely one of Lortel's 'people' that she could always trust forever, but he also went on to prove right after that her secretary Lienna was one as well, and that she shouldn't live life thinking that she'd never be able to forge bonds like that with other people besides him, seeing as Lienna and the foundation she's built in her company were made way before she they had even met. Also though this isn't a romance thing, she lost a lot of points for not having much of a direct impact on any of the major events that weren't explicitly her arcs. She got Ed his crafting materials for his works... and that's about it. She isn't strong enough to be involved in any of the major fights besides the scripted end fight with the 'main character party' against the dragon, and she's a constant damsel in distress in all of her own arcs. She helped with finding the artifacts in the time-loop arcs, but that was a minor -if important- role at most. You could say she provides political/monetary support, but that stuff doesn't really stand out all that much. Maybe this opinion of mine will change over the course of her Gaiden arc... if it ever finishes, 'cause unfortunately the six chapters we have so far kind of fall flat to me. He told her not to care about him only and look at her surroundings too because he truly cared about Lortel. He would not say that if he did not really care about her. His love and good intentions for her was the real deal. And, nah, I think it is appropriate to write her as a damsel in distress because she is usually so strong otherwise. There needs to be something like that to make the love between her and Ed more convincing. Good job writing it for the Author.

Fourth place is Clarisse the Saintess. She had her time-loop arc and then was promptly forgotten for the rest of the series, having a small amount of screen time when everyone was fighting for Ed at the Rothtaylor Mansion. Heck the Saintess didn't even have much screentime when she and Ed went to the freaking HOLY TEMPLE to get more political support for Penia, as that arc was more for Lucy's character development than anything. She gets points for how close she got to Ed during the time-loop, that's it. Political potential love interest, not one I'd cheer for. I would disagree with the ranking. Her love is more one-sided compared to Princess Penia. At the very least, Ed thought of Princess Penia better than he had thought of her. Though, of course, in the likeliness, she is more likely than Princess Penia simply because Princess Penia is the future emperor. (See my Harem's Analysis post)

Tied for last place. Regarding Princess Penia...To be honest she didn't feel like a love interest at all to me throughout the series until her small scene near the climax. I thought they were building her up to be one at first in the beginning of the series, and then she just fell away into the background. Political potential love interest, not one I'd cheer for. Both secretly and openly admired each other. Is that not enough for love to bloom?

Tied for last place. Penia's eldest sister whose name I forget was more of an enemy until she tricked herself into falling in-love with Ed through her own delusions. Only interested in Ed because of his determination to stay loyal to Penia's faction, and his constant rejection of her offers feeding into her love to steal things that aren't hers (Yes, she's pretty much an NTL protagonist). Political potential love interest, not one I'd cheer for. Hell, Ed kind of hated her guts. Though, of course, it is more possible than the last one because of her activeness. Also, she may fall out of love from Ed, too. It is very possible. Her loving Ed is kind of a BS to begin with.

Not even in the rankings. Yennekar's friend who has a crush on Ed. Can't remember her name, only putting her in here 'cause I know some people will ask about her. Got close to Ed to see if he was good enough for Yennekar, became conscious of him instead. Background character that was never treated like a serious love interest throughout the novel. Its a school crush she'll probably grow out of. Ed and her are very similar to each other. I think they both would make a good couple and supporting partner of each other. Unfortunately, the barrier is too high (He is my best friend's man). So, nope, not happening. In case it happened though, it would be one of the greatest like-minded couples I have ever read in fictions.

I think your views on Romance is too conventional and not that romantic. That is my guess on why you are seeing the matter such as you have said there.

For me, the first 3 girls are about the same for Ed. Princess Penia is kind of my personal bias on the matter when I thought of myself as Ed. Still, she would just be at around the same level as the first three for that Ed (me), nothing more.

Feel free to share your opinions on the matter, basically, everyone. Did I miss something? Tell me in your own reply.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  11. HanBoitheLamb

HanBoitheLamb Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh unrelated but it says 'adapted to manhwa' was it announced or is it wrong or is it currently only in kr

12. herc1997

herc1997 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    reaper scans just announced that webtoon licensed the novel so they can't translate anymore,i hope that another person picks up the translation even if it is unnoficial

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    theseniorsenor likes this.
  13. theseniorsenor

theseniorsenor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't Webtoon a site for manhwa/comics. Do they translate novels too?

14. herc1997

herc1997 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No,but they got the rights to the entire work but they will only translate the manhwa and if reaper scans tried to translate the novel webtoon could sue them

15. HanBoitheLamb

HanBoitheLamb Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So does that mean its becoming a manhwa?

16. Hanada

Hanada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this a guess or a spoiler

17. galaxy123

galaxy123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a spoiler, there's a MTL for this

18. Reaper Scans

Reaper Scans Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. That's not how licensing rights work. You can get license for just a part of an IP. Except for rare circumstance, a company isn't going to acquire more rights than they have to due to the cost.
    2. They will be releasing the novel. That's why my group dropped the novel. Please do not make false speculations.

19. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please keep the discussion to LCD content. For discussion that hasn't been translated yet, you could use spoiler subforum.

Thanks

20. Daoist Ghoul

Daoist Ghoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but when did webtoon started translating novels? are they getting into this market or will they translate via webnovel?