Spoiler Born As The Hidden Daughter Of A Villainess And The Male Lead

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Rose thorns

Rose thorns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please more spoilers?

2. Averyn

Averyn The Forum Lurker |ω・)ノ

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    More spoilers please~ :blobghostcat:

3. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you post an MTL or summary of chapters 3-5? Thanks in advance

Korraa likes this.
  4. Korraa

Korraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The raws are free till ch 5. You can read it on chrome and Google translate will do it's job

5. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading your comment again made me notice the spirit comment. Don't tell me THIS is the REAL reason why prequel ML wants his daughter back?

TripleColor96 and Kyrina like this.
  6. Raghadaaln

Raghadaaln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think so? Because he literally said he wants her because she has his blood and his adopted daughter though she is his daughter she doesn’t have his blood, when he thought she died he wanted to take her ashes so he can revive her he is that crazy about blood relations, I’m not sure but I think he seems disgusted when he talked about his daughter’s bio dad

7. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why has he not made a kid with his wife?

Hypothon likes this.
  8. Alicelz

Alicelz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because she can't give birth again, I don't remember is the reason stated or not

Rin.rinaaa and Raghadaaln like this.
  9. Raghadaaln

Raghadaaln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because of her ex? He was an abuser

10. Korraa

Korraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes her ex was an abusive man as hinted by ogML's disgust towards him. Also he does want FL because she has his blood but there was a breif mention of ogML's father and mother which makes me think that he does hold the feeling that since he grew up without his father, his daughter shouldn't. What he disregards is the fact that while his parents died in a malicious way, he was raised by a man who loved and raised him as his own son. His guardian, the Gramps was a man who even the emperor was wary of. Along with that, his fiancee really loved him.... A lot more than she should've. I'm not saying that he didn't suffer as a child, but what he got in return was way more than he deserved. Personally, i think he's a self victimising person. He loves to play the victim which he did through all that we've read till now. I think there was a sense of inferiority in him and when he saw that he was made the heir to such a powerful household that could challenge even the royal authority, he just got too arrogant. While looking at his personality, i don't even want to blame chastia, the ogFL for I'm sure he fed her all sorts of bs he himself made up about how cruel Marietta was. But I'm not taking her side either. I really hope that there's deep politics involved in this and if they serve me a plot like born as the daughter of the wicked woman, I'll just be tremendously disappointed

11. Rima96

Rima96 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a theory that Perion is behind Mariette's misdeeds. He is even willing to kill an innocent girl so that she does not take the place of the og fl daughter.

CharlieSierra, Th.ay and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  12. Korraa

Korraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, i don't think that's possible. If he was cunning enough to set up Mariette, he'd have made chastia fall in love with him instead. Yk, killing the ogML and then comforting chastia and making her love him instead

13. Glutton idiot

Glutton idiot Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    is the raws completed?

14. lavidaloca

lavidaloca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is ongoing on kakao. You can read a free chapter daily if you have an account using chrome > translate. Might need to adjust the text size though since English text is a lot bigger than Korean so it cuts off the last page if you don't adjust it.

OGFL becomes infertile so they adopted her daughter from a previous relationship - that's why dad is obsessed with Edith being his bloodline

I wouldn't be surprised if he was somehow involved in the gramp's duchy collapse. It's hinted he's done a bunch of dirty work before and he doesn't have any guilt for killing innocent people.

After the dad refuses to stop visiting Edith + gramps and even says that he'll bring Edith home, Perion decides to help them run away. He sets fire to the village where Edith lives using his fire spirit Ifrit and effectively kills all the village people to make it look like there were no survivors. After Roderick finds them again later and threatens to kill gramps, Edith agrees to go with the dad. Perion then decides to kill MC and uses Ifrit to set fire to the annex where she's staying. He kills all the knights and maids inside, but Edith is protected by spirits - spirit of life who's holding her on cover (dad's lost spirit) and water spirit who blessed her mom (blue on cover).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  15. Glutton idiot

Glutton idiot Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    i felt anger

16. Korraa

Korraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same bruh, the more I'm reading, the more anger i feel.... Gramps is truly a pitiful character.
    Not only did roberick betray him, but another guy who was saved by Mariette as a child and was raised by gramps (he spilled the beans about Edith being Mariette and roberick's daughter)
    . Also, chastia doesn't look like a good character, and there's conspiracy involved

17. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have any idea what Ifrit looks like? What about the last (earth) spirit in the cover? Why is he part of the cover? No wind spirit or dark/opposite of life/light spirit?

Bruh. Can't believe we're seeing mini-genocides (for a lack of better word atm) left and right and nobody is suspecting Perion whom I presume his spirit is at least known by other people (probably not public knowledge but at least by his squadmates). By the way, what happened to gramps after she decides to follow prequel ML to the duchy? Temporarily absent/removed from the plot? You mentioned MC lived in an annex, was she abused by the duchy people? No ally at all like a rando maid who tragically died on the fire?

And to @Korraa, who is the other betrayer who spilled the beans on MCs existence? The other person to betray Mariette? Who is he and what was his situation? Why the betrayal? Was it money? Life on the line?

Rima96 and Jukki like this.
  18. lavidaloca

lavidaloca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read far enough but I'll answer what I can.

I think the annex was a spot on the way to the duchy or a possibly a separate house? someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. Dad took all his knights to where MC + gramps were staying. Gramps tried to hide MC in a barrel or something and told her not to come out no matter what, but when she was found by dad and then saw gramps on his knees. Dad threatened to kill gramps and MC then agreed to go with dad. Both of them are brought along the way to the duchy and they stop by to rest, which is where Edith stayed in an annex, separately from gramps. And MC was woken up by Spirit of life during fire, then managed to summon water spirit based on her directions. No one else checked in because it was a controlled fire that targeted specific areas and you couldn't tell things were burning until it was too late. Right now, it's not clear what'll happen to gramps when they arrive.

People mentioned in comments on kkp that it could be earth spirit or darkness spirit so we'll need to see. Dad's spirit is wind (he's supposed to have 3 but I don't remember details). When he finds MC's house burnt to the ground he freaks out, but wind spirit told him that she was still alive and he pieces it together. There's a bunch of spirits that gramps told MC about but I don't remember all of them. Some of the kkp comments said something about the crown prince having an ice spirit? but again will need to read more.

The water spirit who saved MC also tells her that the mom was a kind person and would never have done evil so MC gets confused. MC was also told by Spirit of Life/King of spirits (white one on cover) that was destined to be hated, just like her mom so prob will see that in the duchy is my guess.

Pipi1989, AnnHime, Saisaka and 14 others like this.
  19. Korraa

Korraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't yet reached the part where they talk about the betrayer but guessing from roberick's hate for him, I'm guessing he spilled the beans when he was being threatened. They did say that only the betrayer stayed by gramps' side as roberick and emperor were trying to get rid of Gramps.
    Also mariette's other spirit, the spirit of wisdom is said to be among the strongest spirit king and had a close relationship with edith's spirit, the spirit of life. Now this is just MTL so idk, but i think spirit king of wisdom was also close to spirit king of wind(?) Which belongs to roberick. Also, spirit king of wisdom "can" have insight on future which again makes me wonder if Mariette knew about it all and whether there's a lot more to this.
    They stayed in an inn from where Gramps tried to contact a friend using his spirit but the letter was intercepted by someone so he couldn't receive help and then roberick came, Gramps stuffed Edith into a crate, she came out when roberick threatened to kill Gramps saying he brainwashed his daughter. Edith agreed to go with roberick and they stayed in the house of the mayor of the town where they kidnapped (because it was blackmailing and kidnapping) Edith. Perion set fire to the annex where Edith was staying and the rest goes on as explained earlier.

20. Rose thorns

Rose thorns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much, please keep up the spoilers if you can

Korraa likes this.