Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    same, I do it ear by ear and also abuse the slow option - sometimes Roz and Ferdinand talk to fast.

2. YumenoJigen

YumenoJigen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Slow option... hum... I certainly hadn't thought about it. Thanks.

Now, since I'm rereading part 4, the 1st and 2nd book of part 5, the SS in korean, plus listening to drama cd 7 (all at at the same time) my sense of chronology is completely messed up.
    So I wish to clarify a few things concerning the timeline of the end of part 4 and part 5 and hope you will help me.

Winter : Ferdinand leaves of Ahrensbach, Gieselfried (old Aub Ahrensbach) dies before he arrives, Rozemyne starts her 3rd year at the academy, and Dietlinde her last year.

Interduchy tournament: Dietlinde graduates.

Spring : Brunhilde gets engaged to Sylvester. Clarissa comes to Ehrenfest. - Rozemyne goes to the Archduke Conference for Sigiswald and Adolphine's marriage, and she is made to tour the shrines. It's decided she'll be adopted into the royal family and become Sigiswald's 3rd wife. Return to Ehrenfest

Summer/autumn: preparation for the handover, and for Rozemyne's departure. In Ahrensbach, Dietlinde and Leonzio grow closer.

Winter : Rozemyne starts her 4th year, is taken to Gramps, and returns early spring I'd guess.

The preparations for her departure continue, now coupled with Ehrenfest's defense against Georgine's attack.... Until she learns of Ferdinand's crisis and goes to save him.

Now, someone please remind me where goes Gieselfried's funeral, and the arrival of Lanzenave in all this?

Kaylee likes this.
  3. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Death : 4-9 timeline
    Funeral :
    Fanbook 5 Q&A says summer - or you can check Ss49. 5-6 timeline.

Lanzeneve Arrival its tricky the boat or delegation? its 568 (messenger) but they already had presence last year. So this is Spring (3 transition to yr 4), the funeral is Summer (4thyr of Roz). Winter (4) is Roz receiving Gh. Another boat arrival is also Winter when Zergius calls them from the Interduchy. When Roz saves Ferdinand and saves the kidnapped women they say its already Spring.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    Kaylee likes this.
  4. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All info below was based on my understanding on web novel and Korean SS mtl

Gieselfried's death's accurate date is unknown since Georgine controls the information, it was just mentioned to Ferdinand that it was before his arrival in Ahrenbach.

- After 3rd Year Academy -
    The funeral was in summer when Sylvester went [where Sylvester and Heistiz both observes the closeness between Leonzio and Dietlinde from their own SS pov].

- 4th Year Academy -
    Lanzenave's arrival reported by Stahrl was around the time when Ferdinand was looking for Rozemyne and working at Hilsur's workshop (creating the magic tool shmil) so it was a day or few days after graduation ceremony and the students preparing to go back to their own duchy (Dietlinde went ahead to Ahrenbach). The arrival was supposed to be on spring but they went ahead to timing the absence of Ferdinand.

Rozemyne's return from gramps was the day (or few days) after the celebration of spring, so it was before winter baptism which is at the end of winter. It was mentioned that she had (approximately) a month to prepare for Georgine's attack (which is estimated to be during spring).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  5. YumenoJigen

YumenoJigen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, in the winter of Rozemyne's 3rd year at the academy :
    Gieselfried dies. Ferdinand arrives in Ahrensbach. Dietlinde graduates.

Spring
    Adolphine and Sigiswald marry. Ferdinand and Dietlinde should have married too, but it was postponed. Lanzenave's advance party with Leonzio likely arrive around that time.

Summer
    Gieselfried's funeral. Leonzio and Dietlinde getting along.

Rozemyne's 4th year Academy
    Rozemyne disappears. At the Interduchy Tournament Ferdinand tries to find out what happened to her and stay with Hishrur. Dietlinde returned ahead of time to welcome the official Lanzenave delegation, which is reported a little too late too ferdinand.

Is that right? Did I make any mistake? Also, when do you think Alstede started dyeing the foundation? It's been a long time since I've read the WN and I've forgotten if there's any mention of that here, or maybe some SS.

Kaylee, teal08 and saix2 like this.
  6. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    when Ferdinand leaves Roz was in transition from 2nd yr to 3rd yr. Letitia was 8yrs old when they first met. I guess this is the only thing confusing.

About Alsted maybe around end of 5-3? Retainers such as Martina just want to end their nightmare serving with Dietrend (thats the gist I got from her Ss). Dietrend started hatching eggs that time coz she thinks she will be Zent. I just don't like the way they ridiculed Ferdinand on that Ss but they deserved what's coming to them.

7. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was mentioned in Martina's POV (Dietlinde's side servant) that Aub Ahrenbach died by end of autumn, before Ferdinand went to Ahrenbach (It was 1st week of winter, which was before winter social circle begins because Ferdinand was supposed to be introduced to many Ahrenbach nobles by Gieselfried as much as possible, to be rooted/have many connections before he died).

I also think that Alstede dyed the foundation by spring since they can't attend the arcduke conference without an Aub.

8. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A few of my favorites from the Q&A section of the fanbook released yesterday. As usual, the Q&A is very meaty:

1. The riding dress Rozemyne wore on the last two books' cover (&drama cd covers) is actually Florencia's. She temporarily lent Rozemyne several of her old dresses because Rozemyne doesn't have dresses that fit her status and new size.

2. Professor Hilschur was once Karsteid aide, but only half a year after she started serving Karsteid, Sylvester was born and Karsteid was reduced into archnoble and his retinue was disbanded. This caused to Hilschur's dissatisfaction towards the archducal couple, which led to her decision to move to the Central.

3. [Q] What did Ferdinand think when he pinched Rozemyne's cheek after she saved him?
    [A] : "Not as squishy as before."

3. During the book 5-9, in the mana replenishing room, Ferdinand said to Rozemyne: "Do you..." (君は私を...) but he never finished the sentence. According to the author, Ferdinand originally wanted to say, "Do you no longer need me?" (君は私を必要としないのか?)

4. During the book 5-9, after they saved Leticia and other kidnapped Arlenbach's girls, Ferdinand gave a secret order to Eckhart. The order is: "Eliminate anyone who gets in the way."

5. If a male student develops secondary puberty (the ability to sense other people's mana) during the school term, their adult attendant would arrange a visit to the Central's temple, where a gray priestess would teach them the 'matter of the bedroom.' According to the author, since Ferdinand is also a male student, he naturally has also received this education. (this one makes me laugh so hard. Up until now, I always thought Ferdinand is almost a wizard :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

6. An If scenario if Rozemyne didn't make it in time and Ferdinand was already dead when she reached Arlenbach: she would complete her Mestionora's tome using Ferdinand's feystone, and then immediately rushed to the Central, ignoring Arlenbach's nobles who were still under attack and the kidnapped Leticia. After finding Dietriende and seeing that she has no remorse, Rozemyne would go berserk and kill Dietrinde with her mana. In any case, Leontzio and Silvasio's plan would still be thwarted --> mistranslation on my part. It's supposed to be: "In the end, she was defeated by Silvasio" so yeah, it's a bad end.

7. During his school day, Ferdinand was often invited to tea parties by royal princesses. One of them, who invited Ferdinand to perform harspiel music, was originated from Adalgiza and actually Ferdinand's younger sister from the same mother (though the author didn't specify if either of them was aware of this relationship)

8. If Ferdinand's original plan from book 2 went through and Myne ended up as Karsteid's adopted daughter (instead of his real daughter+Sylvester's adopted daughter), some people would gossip about her origin, but they wouldn't go as far as investigate it. At most, they would suspect that she was either Karsteid or Sylvester's illegitimate daughter (acknowledge as an adopted daughter to avoid scandal/family feud), or they would think that she came from the same origin as Ferdinand because she was previously under his care (Ferdinand came to Ehrenfest seemingly out of nowhere, because no nobles knew about his mother or background).

9. The treatment of the women in Adalgiza is so horrible, which makes me wonder about their lives in Lanzenabe. It's almost to the point of brainwashing. Not only do they have to accept different men and give birth to as many children as possible, but they also seem to accept their own death (aka becoming a feystone) as a matter-of-factly. For example, if new princesses come from Lanzenabe, the old princesses would be turned into feystones. The only exception was if they were pregnant, which in that case they were allowed to live until half a year after the baby was born.

10. The reason Sylvester conveyed Sigwalt's (aka the gold dust prince) courting necklace as a mere 'token of permission from the royal family' to Rozemyne was that he was pissed off by Sigwalt. Unlike the engagement necklace, which both parties have to accept especially in the case of political marriage, receiving or rejecting a courting necklace is totally up to the woman's feelings. The way Sigwalt hands it over to Sylvester to be given to Rozemyne as a 'royal family token' means that Rozemyne has no choice but to accept, making it look like she was in mutual love with Sigwalt. Since the prince wants to play it this way, Sylvester simply makes the necklace just a 'royal family token.' No more, no less.

12. If Veronica was not arrested and Wilfried's lack of education was exposed during his debut, Veronice would try to snatch Merchior away from Florencia to be raised as the heir.
    --> this one makes me extremely angry. How many children did this hag want to destroy before she was satisfied:mad:? Moreover, I thought she loves Wilfried, but it turns out that her love actually still has prerequisites? And she is okay with replacing Wilfried with his brother once he was proven to be useless to her?

13. Hartmut frequently commissioned Rozemyne's paintings from Wilma. Most of them were kept in his hidden room, but he openly displayed several paintings in his bedroom at his parent's home :ROFLMAO:

14. Philine develops the ability to sense other people's mana at the end of her fourth term in the royal academy. Among fellow retainers, she could sense the mana of: Damuel, Roderick, Judith, Gretia, and Laurentz (barely) --> Laurentz one surprised me, honestly, because it was said that his family has high mana compared to average mednobles. Philine can sense his but not Lizeletta or Angelica means that his mana is below them. Though he is still in a growth phase, so Philine eventually won't be able to sense his mana.

15. [Q] Damuel has served Rozemyne since she was a child. What does he feel about Rozemyne's sudden growth?
    [A] He has seen how sad Rozemyne was seeing her peers growing up, leaving her behind. So he is genuinely happy for her --> Damuel is such a good big bro :)

16. [Q] It is said that Aurelia's (Lampricht's wife) face resembles Gabriela (Veronica's mother, the Arlenbach princess that forcefully married into Ehrenfest and started the faction war with Laizegang). But Aurelia is such a docile person despite the bad rumors about her, could it be that Gabriela's personality was actually also not bad?
    [A]: Well, she is a straightforward person who lives true to her feelings, very much like Dietrinde
    --> This one cracks me up. The first half seems to be a compliment, but when the author likened Gabriela with Dietrinde....

17. Rozemyne would no longer have contact with Freida once she moved to Alexandria. Moreover, their relationship grew distant mostly because of Freida's decision. After Myne entering the temple in book 2, Freida's grandfather warned her to keep her distance from Myne because they cannot predict who and how she would get involved with nobles. Freida was precocious for her age and was raised to be a calculating merchant, so she no longer associated herself with Myne barred from the occasional chat in Guild Hall (i.e. she no longer invite Myne to her house). After Myne was adopted by Sylvester, Freida was too awkward to restart her friendship with Myne, so their relationship remained just as co-investors in the Italian Restaurant and nothing more. Freida was already an adult in the winter of the book 5-8, so she should be preparing to move to Henrick (Damuel's brother) manor as his concubine during the events in book 5-8 forward.

18. Bonus trivia about Damuel (from the previous fanbook): His name was originally not Damuel (I forgot what, but it seems to be either Samuel or Damiel), but the author mistakenly typed his name wrong and it was already too late when she noticed it, so she simply thought "Oh well, no harm. Damuel it is." and let him have the mistyped name :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Once pitiful, always pitiful.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  9. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    so thats what he is been doing for 2 days

No!!!!!

Coz they still going around the shrine this time, Gervagio won't get Gh but there is still Laobrute so I don't think this will end well.

oh thats very disturbing.

Kaylee and teal08 like this.
  10. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not in a perverted way, no, I'm sure of that. Though I won't be surprised if he built some kind of shrine to store and worship the paintings...

Jukki and teal08 like this.
  11. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 1st half upto the hidden room one was expected, it was somewhat mentioned that Hartmut comissioned Wilma about Rozemyne's paintings somewhere.. The last part was unexpected, I wonder if his parents knew the room contents and can no longer stop the runaway :blobsweat:
    I also remember Otelie's reaction during her son's name dedication to Rozemyne :blobjoy: she gently turning her gaze away..

How? I can't imagine..
    How about before he pinched her cheek, what was he thinking? :blobthinkingsmirk:
    It was expected as her role was finished long ago. It's just that i'm more worried about Rozemyne's relationship with Gilberta people (Otto and Corina) or Rozemain's income from her ongoing investments in Ehrenfest, will it still continue? :hmm:

Same reaction :notlikeblob: I don't need these kind of info

Does the collateral royal family get adopted/married into the main royal family and treated them as ordinary Jurgensmidth royal family? I remember that they were either married by Aub (if there are willing to take them) or become a central side servant and not totally treat them as Jurgensmidth royal family :hmm:

Kaylee likes this.
  12. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems I have mistranslated :facepalm:. It was written 最終的にはジェルバージオに敗北して終了です which I initially translated as 'In the end, Silvasio lost' but actually means, "In the end, she lost to Silvasio."

The girls have never truly been treated as royalty by other royals, but on the outside, they were still collateral royals, so normal nobles give them the treatment their status deserves. The girls also received baptism and entered the royal academy like normal nobles, but if they couldn't secure a marriage before graduation, they would be returned to the Adalgiza as either 'flower' or feystones.

Kaylee, teal08 and saix2 like this.
  13. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    I really cant imagine Roz winning in that scenario even though she killed Dietrend. If she is 2-5 days early, Dunkel wont go with her to Central, Georgene will win at Ehrenfest. The reason they didnt lost at Ahrensbach/Illgner/Gerlach border is becoz of reinforcements. They will be over run at Ehrenfest. Central aristrocrats are already hypnotize by Turk, Traokvar and Sigizwald will hide in their bunkers. Ignoring the leaving Lanzeneve ship means it will go back with reinforcements. Its the end of Yurgen and Roz and most of the Royal family female members will be thrown at AdalGiza or Temple Brothel as requested by Immanuel.

Sorry haha about the Hartmunt reaction I still cant shrug my long time theory of him to be hidden villain.

Ok I retract my No comment after rereading my initial reaction. I suddenly remember if Myne become a gray priestess and not a blue shrine maiden... Central orphans had that tough life.

Kaylee likes this.
  14. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking a little similar.. I was always wondering if he'll betray Rozemyne one day since the author letting him know about the temple entrance to the foundation magic (not only on any duchy, but also Jurgensmidth's) since he was present during Rozemyne's disappearance by pouring magic to Mestionora and deduced that the library was related to Ahrenbach's foundation entryway...
    (due to Rozemain's carelessness)
    When Rozemyne is acting related to foundation magic, she's careless about people around her that she didn't even order their silence about the important information related to foundation magic (including Hartmut or even Hannelore/Heistiz when they were about to transfer to Ehrenfest city from Gerlach):facepalm: Unlike Ferdinand, who only takes the dedicated people and orders their silence upon arriving, even letting them go about face :blobsweat:

Kaylee and saix2 like this.
  15. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    I also wonder of the full contents of Ferdinand and Hartmunt contract. Coz that was the leash holding him back blackmailing Roz. Sorry Hartmunt fans. My first impressions dont really change that much...

Kaylee and teal08 like this.
  16. Neuthue

Neuthue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is official art.

This is one of the small things I like about Sylvester; he can't say no but does the second-best thing to try to salvage the situation.

I'm not really a Hartmut fan, but I have never seen him as someone who would harm or betray Roz; he gave her his name stone after discovering her origins and even added a few restrictions to the contract to protect Roz in his priv. SS. Would he go behind her back to improve her chances for anything she needs? - without a doubt, but after the Traugott incident, he learned that he can't go around like that if he wants her to accept him as a retainer.

Kaylee, saix2 and Jukki like this.
  17. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kaylee, Jukki and raremonkey like this.
  18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure, from Sylvester and Rozemain, this is what he scares the most since both are the ones he cares about.

But, eliminate who? I'd understand if they are the Lanzenave's people/soldier.
    Ahrenbach? So, how they'll get in the way?
    From the sentence, I took it as AFTER the whole thing is finished, right? The girls are saved and in the port side waiting or already in the castle waiting/resting for Ehrehfest's side to come to ask them question? Then, the people Eckhart might find 'gets in the way' should be Ahrensbach, the girls' family or other traitor nobles that want to cut the loose end?

Hmm.....maybe they accept the death in exchange of the 'children production' fate and being seen by their people as feystone.

Well, Sylvester is very much pised off with how they threat Ferdinand, and now his adopted daughter too??

I want one ss of Wilfred coming to talk to her. Either talking how her plan with him fall through, or how his pov is the result of her education, or maybe he still thinks of her as grandmother.

So, it meant, Philine's mana is higher than the ones she can sense?
    Wont it put her marriage (pregnancy) with Damuel in danger?

saix2 and teal08 like this.
  19. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same Question :)

I think Philine's is more on lesser mana, since the mana sensing is between 70%-120%/130% of your own mana and she just starting to sense others people's mana.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    Jukki, saix2 and Kaylee like this.
  20. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once again, I realize, I'm disliking Aldophine more and more.
    She's just so selfish.