Discussion Rereading

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Reinhardt, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you just finished a novel, how long would you usually wait before rereading this novel that you just finished? Just curious how long you other readers wait.

2. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually when I can't find any good novel to supplements my desire to read.

3. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    depends in my need to read a good fantasy book. Sometimes I reread books for months at a time, especially when I was younger. I usually reread a novel I love once a read.

4. historicalbean

historicalbean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least 6months with a few novels in between in order for me to fully enjoy the novel again. But if it’s something long like trash of the count’s family, I can reread after like 2-3 months because there’s so much story there that I pick up on stuff I didn’t before.

5. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never. I only re-read stories that I hadn't finished and haven't read in a long time. For example, if I was reading a novel that was on-going and got kind of bored of following it and I stopped reading it for 1-2 years, I'll probably re-read the story, if I liked it enough in the past. If not, I'll just wing it and try to remember the plot as I read the end of the story.

But I might re-read individual chapters, if I bookmarked one or marked it as important in some way

Blossom_Honey, Ash_Kira and elideli like this.
  6. Amplify

Amplify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost never re-read and it's only to refresh myself on a series I liked and has been on long term hiatus if I do, I don't think I've re-read anything in 4 or 5 years at all now though as there's way too much good shit on my backlog as it is.

7. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    I never reread. I don’t know what it is, but I don't feel a need to read it again. That goes for tv shows as well

8. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Never. I don't reread

9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost never re-read stuff... If I do, it's usually a few years after I first read it.

Last work I remember re-experimenting was the Madoka Magica anime, which I re-watched some 8 or so years after I first watched it.

10. Chuly

Chuly New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes if i really like what i read i can reread immediately after i finished.

11. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't reread nearly as much as I should. I have a long list of books that I plan to go back to but I keep finding myself reading vastly inferior books just because they're new to me. So it's been a couple of years since I've gone back to fully reread any book. What I do instead though, is to go and reread passages or shorter segments of older books. I do this all the time, and I'll sometimes do it right after finishing a book.

12. youmee

youmee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I barely reread novels however, when I really enjoyed reading a novel, I would wait at least 2-4 years (or maybe 5??) before I reread the novel again. What I like to achieve is for me to forget those details first and read the book again so I can at least enjoy reading and reminiscing those scenes I've read before.

13. aqouze

aqouze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i do not like it that much i will never touch it again

if i like it... then depends on the content.. if it's tragic story and sad ending.. I will leave for few years.
    But if it has light heart moment, usually I re-read it immediately but i will not finish it on 2nd read.

14. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally I won't reread, but for some reason if it's slice of life I've had times when I'd reach the latest chapter and then just go straight back to the beginning and start over immediately. Slice of life or episodic or R-18.

15. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I feel like it, there are novels that interest me a lot and rereading is like going through memory lane.
    I haven't found any decent novels for months and I've reread a lot of novels just going through my list, sometimes I reread it thrice.

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    wait? not really~ this cat reread based on mood~ there some stories this cat read multiple times~ exclude re read for refresh memory during translation baka to test 3 times, I'm cool salted fish (mtl) twice, the king avatar twice, Odette err a naive girl adventure on another world (mtl) 3 times, slayers before the darn vol 16 pop up twice then bunch of other~

17. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    • When I can't find new stuff to read but want something
    • When a new volume comes out I want to get refreshed
    • Searching for snippets
    • Comparing anime and novel, manga and novel

18. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    I reread manga & rewatch anime

but I’ve probably only reread a finished book if it was homework ( which frankly happened multiple times since I’ve had to reread the princess bride & Macbeth & Romeo Juliet & multiple others... twice as assignments from different teachers/professors in different years/classes... like ok I wished I could just skip second time around but haha no can do cuz inclass reading )

I do reread books if I’m not finished with it and can’t remember where I’m at or what’s it about though quite often.