Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No ,it's not a bad omen. Handkerchief given to knight is a symbol of a lady's favor toward that knight.

Hi, welcome :blobsmilehappy: sadly there are no news when the translation will be released. But we all hope that since Amazon releases the book in parts maybe the translation process has already started and we will get first part (season) of the book 2 in the 1st or 2nd quater of next year.

monkeyluv, Asias, Bluecattea and 12 others like this.
  2. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 202

Max only wanted Riftan to be known as her husband, not as the hero who brought the fate of the Roviden continent. Max asked Ruth if Riftan had the same idea as him to return the sword to the church. But Ruth just said that riftan is a person who won't take risks against a legend that doesn't necessarily happen. Hearing that, Max was a bit doubtful and asked if Riftan had not discussed it with Ruth before. Ruth explained that riftan is a person who will not explain in detail about the decisions he makes. Even Ruth hasn't met Riftan for a long time because he was busy meeting high nobles.

Max felt that Riftan should have discussed with them before carrying out his plan. But ruth dashed her hopes by saying that max shouldn't expect such thing from her husband. Ruth advised her, he knew that Riftan was used to making his own decisions in life. He also didn't talk about his every move. And that can't be changed overnight. So Ruth told Maxi not to get upset and try to understand her husband.

Max blushed. SHe understood that Riftan had tried hard to acknowledge and accept her for who she was. Whereas she tries to change her husband too much. Max is finally trying to understand the riftan's actions. Ruth told maxi to cheer up riftan so that riftan could be excited to win. Riftan accepts maxi as a wizard. Now it's Max's turn to accept Riftan as a knight.

High-ranking knights could directly qualify for the finals without fighting in the preliminaries. Max waited in the waiting room and found a riftan leaning against the wall sharpening his sword. He didn't show any expression instead he looked bored. Two young servants helped put him in a protective suit. Max walked to meet Riftan. Her husband's eyes widened because he was surprised to see Maxi in the crowd. He didn't seem happy to see Max there especially after the kidnapping incident yesterday. Maxi showed the handkerchief that she wanted to give to Riftan and told him to raise his hand. She tied the white handkerchief to her husband's gloves. Maxi said that it was a form of wishing him victory and everyone did it. Riftan finally looked around him and found the same sight. The knights wore handkerchiefs on their wrists. Riftan was grateful for maxi's gift but maxi felt that his words were very bland.

She tested her husband by asking if Riftan really liked what she had given him. Riftan replied that he was afraid that if his handkerchief was dirty, it would be difficult to clean it. Maxi told him not to think about it. The normal handkerchief is dirty and she will provide another replacement handkerchief for her husband.

The officers called out the names of Riftan and his opponent. Riftan told Max to immediately return to her room. Maxi protested that she had gone so far to watch the show and support riftan. But Riftan doesn't like that Maxi is in the crowd. Maxi chases riftan who will soon enter the battle arena. SHe told riftan to be careful. But Riftan even interpreted the sentence to mean his handkerchief. Riftan promised not to stain it with blood. Max gets annoyed hearing that. Riftan pulled her waist quickly and kissed her briefly. This made Maxi blush.

Garow is worried about Maxi, who doesn't want to return to the palace to follow her husband's orders. Max felt it was ridiculous if the husband was fighting and the wife didn't even show her face there. Max headed to where the audience was gathered and she was amazed by the thousands of people who were there. Anette, sidina and twin godric called her. They praised the action of riftan. The match took place as fast as lightning, so many did not realize that it was over. Sidina told that when Riftan drew his sword, his opponent immediately flew in the sky as if he had been hit by magic. Max felt her worry was so absurd. That day riftan had defeated 3 people in less than a minute

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  3. emptycan_princess

emptycan_princess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    throwback to the day when riftan participating in the same competition with one sole reason : MAXI. but at that time he get disapointed becoz cannot see the lady with veil next to the damn duke. well riffy baby, now she is there for you... only for you... so you better focus, coz maybe after you win the competition, you can kiss her in front of the audience. things that you are unable to do back then :aww::aww:

4. JosianeLoures

JosianeLoures Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

In one of the comments in Ridibooks, it is said that the kiss given to Maxi was longer than the battles Riftan faced :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

emdl07, Asias, manlyman and 4 others like this.
  6. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    maxi realized that she was complaining about useless worries
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

7. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    I have only one bone to pick with the chapter :ROFLMAO:, why maids help Riftan with gear/armor that was always squires job.

emdl07, Primmrjss, Asias and 9 others like this.
  8. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at how KSJ wrote this chapter - there are a few comedic parts and no tension at all, i think everything will go smoothly n Riftan will definitely win. Maxi wasnt able to see Riftan’s first match because she was on the way to her seat after wishing goodluck to Riftan. But she saw the other matches after that.

emdl07, Primmrjss, Asias and 12 others like this.
  9. IraHera

IraHera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks Kimmy. This chapter is worth the wait.. :)

emdl07, Asias, Bluecattea and 8 others like this.
  10. MARSEA12

MARSEA12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand Riftan, he doesn't want his wife to see the competition, you literally in the past went to the competition so you can see she was there and she wasn't and now this time she's here. Riftan you should be proud that your wife is supporting you than being to overprotective.

emdl07, Primmrjss, Asias and 9 others like this.
  11. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    the ideal couple is when each other can accept and understand their partners. :love:

I think in this chapter, we should give appreciation to Ruth, who is always wise to calm Max down. He also advised her that Riftan's character had always been like that and that it would not change overnight. Instead of worrying about him, it's better for maxi to encourage and support her husband. :)

It made Maxi realize that she also had to accept her husband as he was without much complacent like Riftan always did. So there's no debate, it's not important anymore just because of differences of opinion. They have reached harmony as a couple.

Riftan accepted her as a wizard. And maxi will also accept him as a knight. Such a Beautiful view;)

12. sendyv

sendyv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my translation mentioned “the boys” so maybe it’s a translation issue.

also, did y’all notice that Sidina alluded to Riftan’s previous tournament before the RDK?? Maybe things will start to come up about their past! She said that he “was once famous for finishing the race in an instant.”

And I totally loved how Maxi realized that Riftan accepted her as a wizard and she must learn to accept him as a knight :aww:

emdl07, Primmrjss, Asias and 16 others like this.
  13. IraHera

IraHera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahaha!

Asias, AlmaBerkana and JosianeLoures like this.
  14. athena1979

athena1979 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @kim rabbit and @Ames2021, countless thank you for your precious spoiler. @EnterYourNickname, thanks for the information. @emptycan_princess, coz' Kim Soo Ji uses parallelism, I agree it's going to be Maxi's turn to kiss her hubby. @MARSEA12, ;) I assume, he's still worried if Maxi's going to be harmed by his "haters" :D @Ames2021, I'm completely relieved and glad to read that Maxi has only missed the 1st match. Honestly, I'm a bit stress coz' soon Riff's going to face his "hater" Richt :rolleyes::) However, I keep trusting in Kim Soo Ji's closed happy ending promise. Finally, dear Kim Soo Ji, kamsahimnida, thank you.

emdl07, Asias, AlmaBerkana and 4 others like this.
  15. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some parts inside Riftan will never change, for example his overly protective instinct towards Maxi. He didnt even tell her he was joining the sword competition, reminding me of book 1 when Riftan avoided telling Maxi any of his problems because he wanted to solve it all himself. Deep inside, he is still the old Riftan, who wants to be the protector, problem solver n provider for Maxi. All these while, he had to accept and tolerates Maxi being a wizard, Maxi working hard in battlefields and surrounded by dangers of death in wars. So he is now working so hard to not let that to happen again, thus he is actively involving himself with the peace treaty works n joining the sword competition.

emdl07, LadyStarbuck, sendyv and 11 others like this.
  16. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, I've edited the summary from maids to servants. I thought at first both had the same meaning. It seems different

17. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    @Jos
    Seriously??? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

18. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    @kim rabbit and @Ames2021, ....completely agree with you! @Ames2021, I believe time will change him and so will Maxi. @kim rabbit, I think the correct one is neither maid nor servant but squires. For, as long as I remember during Middle Ages, knights need someone who help them with their suit of armour.

emdl07, sendyv, Asias and 3 others like this.
  19. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    Character development in UTOT exists and is realistic. Riftan joins the competition to protect maxi. If it turns out that Maxi was dragged into danger because she was in the crowd at the competition, then Riftan must have thought that his efforts to participate in the competition were futile. Max safety comes first

emdl07, Lizaa, sendyv and 12 others like this.
  20. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    Maids, servants, squires..In the end once the official translation is out we will get the polished version and our translations won't have differences ;):ROFLMAO:

emdl07, sendyv, Asias and 8 others like this.