Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    eliminate who?
    This is a political strat btw. All politicians also do this during chaos/disruptions. Like in a supposed siege of a city. If that politician had a list of possible threat to his reign he and his goons/retainers will go with the flow. In this case maybe Eckhart has a long list of anti-Ferdinand politicians. Killing them in the span of 2 days (during Lanzeneve attack and Ahrensbach rebellion). Then blame it all on the crisis. Coz once they (Roz/Fer) take office officially they will be neutral and cant take further murderous actions during their reign. They need a just cause to eliminate them. They have like 2 winters to observe Ahrensbach nobility.

Nabeyaki Udon and Kaylee like this.
  2. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kindly elaborate your opinion, i'm curious as well :lordmeow:
    Maybe you'll change your perspective once part XI is out since many readers are requesting for her perspective in part XI (though it's going to be a special SS bundled outside the book I think):blobsweat_2:
    I even haven't read her SS about her behind the scenes marriage situation with Sigiswald yet.. I wonder if someone would give even the mtl of it or a link to read it.

There are too many aspect to be covered in the words 'eliminate the hindrance' (figuratively or literally):blobsweat:
    It could be politically or romantic perspective hindrance.. or those already in the prison, or those surviving Lanzenave, or those as you mentioned the opposition faction.. That's why I'm confused which one as well :hmm:

3. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe s/he read this

I like Adolphine than Eglantine. She (A) maybe dead set on copying rinsham and wanting to be close to Roz but she never meant to do personal harm unlike (E) where she choose to force her wishes without explaining anything and making Fer their hostage (collective punishment).
    (off course this is opinion only for Main story - opinion for additional story may differ if author choose to expand her role in the sequel or spinoff)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    teal08, Jukki and Neuthue like this.
  4. Neuthue

Neuthue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Adolphine; she is way better than Eglantine.
    After FB7, we all know that Sigiswald's middle duchy wife planned the pregnancy to harass her as the new first wife. At the same time, Adolphine did everything to save the royal family's ass - look at the Ahrenback Aub's funeral, where the first prince made another blunder. What did she get in return? - treated as a consolidation prize and a pretty face, nothing more; her achievements and feelings were not considered. She deserves better.

If rebelling against the bad treatment is selfish, I do not know what to say to you.

5. YumenoJigen

YumenoJigen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's normal to try and secure a better future for yourself, especially in the AOB world where even your own family often see you as just a tool, and a woman's happiness usually depends on her marriage partner. Adolphine is wise and capable but she's always beaten down, and she's entirely right in her criticism of Sigiswald. I had a blast when she prayed to the goddess of parting upon her marriage :blobrofl: It's good that her prayers will be answered. It was also fun that both Adolphine and Rozemine held their ground against him and firmly told him how unreasonable he was. And they both compound their own potions lol. I do see these two as getting along.... more honestly at least than Rozemyne would with Eglantine considering what situation Eglantine forced Rozemyne into. I do wonder if Adolphine will learn the truth about the palace that was to be gifted to Rozemyne on Academy grounds... :hmm:

About Hartmut... I can't see him betraying Rozemyne either, given how devoted he is to her, and his antics are always fun to read about. I mean, do you see Eckhart betraying Ferdinand? I understand though if people worried about how far his fanaticism could take him... in various directions. He would crossdress despite not being suited for it, which would cause problems. Staining his hands.... would not make his mistress happy, but that would surely be to protect her in some way. That said, I do see him pushing her around to some extent in order to further his own goal of spreading and strengthening his cult worshipping Goddess Rozemyne... just like he did when teaching the orphanage kids how to pray and acting like he was taking those kids' future hostage when she told him to stop.

He also said he wanted to spread that person's splendor to downtown. I can imagine teaching the commoners reading, and as the printing industry spreads in alexandria, him making some sort of book teaching the commoners all about the glory of Saint Rozemyne who became the Aub.... especially if he takes a leaf from her book, and make picture books about her, like she had done picture books about the gods... as that would make it harder for Rozemyne to sneak into downtown... I'm not sure he could keep it a secret though :blob_tilt::hmm: Someone would surely stop him and chew him out before it came to that :blobnom: Well, Clarissa would be sure to support him in this endeavor lol.

Callumcortes, Jukki and saix2 like this.
  6. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeking their own happiness in a bussiness arranged marriage is acceptable.
    Seeking their own happiness but not willing to put the effort to understand your spouse but only to ridicule while still wanting to take benefit from said marriage is where I found her person as selfish.

And then, when the whole thing goes down and it doesnt bring her family's benefit, she immediately proposes divorce to escape friendly fire to her family and her happiness. Even before that, she creates amulets and pray to related god to annul the marriage.
    I mean, she agrees with the marriage because it brings her duchy great things from the demand or compensation. And she knows, entering another family means she'd need to help them too. But she's just unwilling to be mana batery.

For me, she and Sigswald are similar. Both are unwilling to listen to others. They both are too used to be in command and ordering other to do what they want. Just like how she's been doing to her brother. When the husband she marries is someone not to her expectation and someone she cannot control for her status is lower than him, she just gives up. I thought she's only selfish with people that cannot say no to her, like Ortwin.
    Is there anyone who would shout when the marriage partner is not as your expectation in that society? She's lucky to have privilege.

Yes, Adolphine is educated to be the one to rule. She has pride. She doesnt bow to anyone she considers lower than her. That's how, she despises Sigswald whom she thinks brainless. After she finds him like that, she loses her interest for the marriage only the word of 'bring benefit to our duchy' is the one tied her. That's how her person is. And that's how Sigswald is. Both are like that because they are taught from childhood to adult of people's expectation and their birth status brings. The same with Anastasius, but he's willing to bow for the sake of love.

Well, this is my impression of her after I read her ss pov.

saix2 likes this.
  7. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, let's try an in-depth analysis of Adolphine (btw, I am in support of her, so do fix me if I made wrong interpretation).

First of all, Aldolphine has never wanted to marry into royalty. She enjoyed her life in
    her duchy, and even wanted to become Aub. However, her duchy needs a daughter to marry a prince to balance the power with Dunkelfelger and Klansberg. Status-wise and age-wise, Adolphine is the only candidate, so she has no choice but to accept as this is her dutyas the daughter of Aub. This means that in Adolphine's view, her marriage is a purely political one. Once it no longer brings benefits to her duchy, it is a given that the marriage be dissolved.

She might see her marriage a bit more positively if only the husband treats her well.
    But as we all know, Anastasius is madly in love with Eglantine and Sigwalz only has throne in his eyes, so both of them only court Eglantine and paid no attention to Adolphine, not even sending her a single gift or letter. Prior to Anastasius's engagement with Eglantine, Adolphine's brother noted his surprise when he found out that his sister has, despite her status as a royal fiancee, never been treated like a proper fiancee by her betrothed-to-be. Adolphine understands the reasoning behind the princes' behavior, but it is only natural that she doesn't feel good about it, especially because she is also Eglantine's friend and thus see how ardent were the princes in courting her.

Later, when Adolphine is properly engaged with Sigwalz and started her marriage preparation, it becomes more apparent how Sigwalz doesn't have an ounce of consideration toward her. There are many incidents, small to medium ones, that annoy Adolphine, but the biggest is the one before the wedding. That day, Sigwalz summons her to his palace (pretty rude, because he didn't even ask if Adolphine was busy or not and directly send a messenger to fetch her), only to announce that his second wife is pregnant and thus he cannot share a bed with Adolphine until the baby was born. Adolphine was stunned and asked if this means that their wedding is going to be postponed. Sigwalz instead looks confused and says why should it be postponed? You do know that the royalty is in dire need of mana, right? Needless to say, Adolphine returned home very pissed off, and even her father the Aub — who dismissed Adolphine's previous complaints of Sigwalz as her expressing dissatisfaction of getting married off duchy — was totally speechless after listening to Adolphine's report, and finally had to admit that his daughter is right. But the engagement still has to go on, because this is a contract with the royal family.

Why is Sigwalz's action such a big matter? First, he let his second wife pregnant just before marrying a first wife. This is a breach of etiquette because the newly-married first wife, the one with higher status to be noted, will be left cold during the pregnancy. If such a thing happened, the groom's family should offer an apology and compensation, and postponing the wedding is also acceptable. But during the conversation, Sigwalz didn't show Adolphine even the slightest bit of apology and only announced the fact as if it is the most natural thing for Adolphine to be considerate to him without him needing to do the same. Moreover, when he said that the wedding cannot be postponed because of the royal family's need for mana, it implies that he saw Aldolphine just as a mana battery, not an equal partner. This is degrading, because once again, Adolphine is married as his first wife, bringing with her the support of her Duchy.

With all of this, is it strange that Adolphine sees her marriage with a 100% mercenary view? 'If you cannot fulfill the promised clauses then the contract is void' kind of thing. Like Rozemyne would later note, once Sigwalz is reduced from prince to aub, he could no longer give Adolphine's duchy the support he promised because that can only be given by his status as prince or king. On the contrary, he would have to ask for support for his duchy, which... make the marriage one-sidedly benefit Sigwalz.

tl;dr: Adolphine marries Sigwalz purely out of her duty for her duchy, and totally rejects him on a personal level. Once the marriage no longer brings benefits to her duchy, it is only normal for her to divorce him.

Side note: I agree that we need another Adolphine's pov. What particularly intrigued me is her remark when Sigwalz accused her of being power-hungry when she asked for a divorce right after it was decided that Sigwalz's royalty status would be gone. She said to him, "Have we truly been a husband and wife?" --> which implied more things have happened after their wedding.

8. YumenoJigen

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with everything you said, @nesi
    Besides, Adolphine and here retainers were basically confined to the mansion and not told anything. I think we can say Sigiswald is the one who's truly selfish, and self-serving here. He says he respects Adolphine, Rozemyne, and their respective duchies, yet we need only look at how he actually treats them. I don't think you can respect someone who doesn't respect you. He makes Adolphine fulfill her duties as a royal when he doesn't fulfill his own duties. I feel he truly sees both Adolphine and Rozemine as only mana batteries.
    And Eglantine is one who also considered Rozemyne as a battery, being the first to say her mana was necessary to the royal family, and making her Sigiswald's 3rd wife without caring how she (Rozemyne) or Ehrenfest would suffer as a result. She also made (or try to make) various other unreasonable demands like having Rozemyne and Ehrenfest continue with the rituals at the Academy over the years.

I don't remember Adolphine acting that way, though. More like she protected Rozemyne at tea parties, and Sylvester at the funeral of aub ahrensbach?

Still... the more I read about Sigiswald, or Adolphine's (true) assessment of him, the more I recall someone saying in this thread that he and Willfried are the same, both arrogantly expecting others to bow down to them simply because of their position and simply accept whatever is asked of them, not even noticing how unreasonable and disrespectful, if not downright insulting, they're being...

Nabeyaki Udon, teal08, renuac and 3 others like this.
  9. Tiilka

Tiilka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Siggy is a complete and utter ass. He wants the throne.
    Even in the end when Rozemyne lays down the God’s rules, he keeps trying to marry Rozemyne so he can be Zent. He doesn’t want to put in the effort to get the book himself. Adolphine is intelligent and ambitious and she is forced to marry a man who does not respect her and is cruising on nepotism for his livelihood. I admit her stealing (poorly)the rinsham recipe from Rozemyne made me dislike her but she isn’t actually evil ( like Deitlande). And nobody deserves to be stuck with Siggy. It was a political marriage to bring her duchy more power, since he ends up becoming the Aub of a new and lesser duchy, there is zero advantage to her duchy. And since she could not care less about him as a husband. She took the hit to her rep (she is pretty much unmarryable now) and gained land for her duchy that she can be leib of.
    good for Adolphine!

10. Neuthue

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me see if I understood your points right @Kaylee:
    Political marriage is a contract where you provide a "service" of support for equal benefits.
    According to you, if the husband breached the contract (meaning: not providing the agreed-upon benefits), should the wife just shut up and take it without any moves to null the agreement? And if the breached contract not only brings none of the agreed-upon benefits but entails harassment and abuse, the poor girl shall just shut up and take it as it is?
    Did I understand you correctly? - you are entitled to your opinion, but if I get that right, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your take on her.

I, too, agree with everything you said, @nesi.

Nabeyaki Udon, renuac, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  11. mtlpurgatory

mtlpurgatory Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Political marriages are essentially business agreements. Selfish or not, it is considered unwise to stick with a business agreement that will not provide enough benefits to whichever partner.

Naturally, Sigiswald would consider it beneficial if Adolphine stays as his first wife. But the same cannot be said for Adolphine, not only because of his rank downgrade but also because Sigiswald does not appear to have sound management ability.

MTL has been a struggle for me, but I did get the impression that Sigiswald would do poorly as a leader.

It is one thing to be Selfish and Capable. Another thing to be Selfish and Incompetent.

12. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Wilfred still has a chance, like I said before maybe a person like Adolphine will whipped him into shape :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

I don't like him to end up like Dietrend and Sigizwald (it seems he is going to have his first public beating soon). Besides the poor boy needs a slight push. If this happened its better to leave Ehrenfest (give up being Gieb) and the clutches of hiding Veronica supporters. Just like what Consztance did. He is going to be compared to Charlotte then Melchior. My boy just need to stay away or leave. Let her be the Florencia that will change Sylvester (just like that). There was a time I tried to ship him with Brunhilde since I saw reaction from him, but that ends now :blobsmirk::blobsmirk::blobsmirk::blobsmirk:

So yeah I'm still team Ortwin :blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco:even though Hannelore seems ok marrying her 2-3 cousins (Razantlak, Kentrips or Laofre) in the latest chapter. How fast her mind change.

Ortwin slightly afraid from Adolphine discipling him is a sign of respect between 2 siblings although he hate it at first (tough love).

Neuthue and Jukki like this.
  13. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she even do something to make him sees from her point? The way I read it, she just shut up and take it as it is. He doesnt try and she doesnt try. Both just wants to rule over others.

Why dont we agree to disagree.
    One thing to let your opinion out and be heard but another to blast someone's that doesnt sit with you.
    Yes, that's how I took yours writings, especially since you named me.

Yes, I think that's the ss.

saix2 likes this.
  14. Neuthue

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure thing, we strongly disagree on this.

It's only natural that I name you if I want to address your point since no one but you is of this opinion so far - should I talk to the air?
    If I wanted to make fun of you, blast or trample you in the mud, I would start by doubting your understanding of the text or reading comprehension.
    It is considered a basic courtesy here (more like expected, to be honest) that you summarize and thereby try to understand the other party's point of view. After understanding it, you can voice your agreement or disagreement - I did this.

Yes, she does, multiple times. She acted against him repeatedly, expressing her disagreement and objection in noble language, not only to the husband and his family but even to her father before and after the marriage ceremony. I do not know whether you read MTL or the original; without that information, there is no reason for me to comment on this anymore.

Edit: I can't wait for her bonus SS

Nabeyaki Udon, teal08, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  15. YumenoJigen

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to read the fanbook 3 that came out today, but it doesn't seem to be available on amazon kindle for some obscure reason. Is it the case only for me, or does that happen to you guys either?
    I'm not sure this is a problem that'll resolve itself by waiting. Guess I'll need to buy it from another source :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

saix2 likes this.
  16. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
  17. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SS from Immanuel's POV enjoy :blobpopcorn_cool:
    https://m.blog.naver.com/wldms3040/222941285289?referrerCode=1

I'm not sure if this is a summary or the whole SS, nevertheless.. enjoy new info ::blobpeaking::
    Hmm..:blobthinkingsmirk: if would be good for Wilfried if it happens, since Wilfried did say that he'll welcome Giebe from other duchy if someone would want to marry him as Giebe, the condition is just that it shouldn't hinder his arcduke candidate siblings and create chaos to Ehrenfest.. but it won't bring any benefits to Adolphine except for a possibility to be closer to Rozemyne as an Ehrenfest citizen.

Jukki and saix2 like this.
  18. YumenoJigen

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm... this seems to be a single page taken from the whole SS. Just a tiny little snippet.

I also wanted to thank you both saix2 and teal08 for your help and advice earlier and now.

I ended up taking the fanbook from kobo, which was cheaper, and downloading kobo desktop since I don't have a kobo e-reader.

And I bought and read j-novel's P5 V1. Now, got a question. It concerns the story about Dunkelung and Herrshen in Muriella's SS. Is it just my imagination, or do you also think it is based on Hartmut and Clarissa?
    And after Restilaut being disappointed that he can't see Wilma's pictures of Rozemyne.... Was wondering how those two would react if they knew of Hartmut already commissioning such painting from Wilma..... :blobartist::blobawkward:

Jukki and saix2 like this.
  19. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    only a few days left, killing temple staff (head/chief) is normal specially if they are planning soemthing big. Cant wait to read his whole PoV. He is such a let down for me, I mean, Idk what happened to him yet after story but I didnt like the way author kinda destroy the build up If you know what I mean ..
    ---

well I'm open for Wilfred jumping other Duchy. But yeah like some fans point out in other forums (my local one) he is going to be out of place (research fanatics) on Drevanchel..... Its really hard to think of ways to make his future stable (via theories)...

-----
    In the meantime while waiting
    "Puggo, how's the oven?"

"I think it's getting better, how about Ella?"

"Perfect. Then, this, please."

I quickly put the flat plate with the cookie dough in the oven and locked the door. After that, while waiting for it to be grilled, the two of them quickly washed the cooking utensils. Right now, Rose Mine is making cookies to share in the children's room.

In the castle, the kitchen on the ground floor of the northern outbuilding is our workplace. Prepare breakfast or lunch, or make sweets for the tea party. I sometimes go to the kitchen of the main building to help prepare dinner, but since we are often in the temple, our position is a bit different from the other court cooks. He was truly Rose Mine-sama's exclusive cook.

"Even so, it's been fun. The House of Nobility is a place that you can't go to unless you're a chef with a high reputation among the court cooks. What kind of place is it? I'm looking forward to it."

Yesterday, Rosemine-sama ordered me to accompany her to the aristocratic house, and Ella, who was looking forward to it, was cute, so I crossed my arms and thought about it. She told the court cook that going to the aristocratic house is an honor for her to be recognized as the representative of the estate for being able to cook dishes that can be served in other lands. Every year, the chefs are anxious to see who will be chosen. In that situation, instead of being a court cook, Rose Mine-sama's exclusive job is going.

.....The jealousy and jealousy must be amazing.

In fact, there are many men who are targeting Ella. A court cook is an overwhelmingly male job, and Ella likes Rose Mine. She bestows her cooking utensils for Ella, and never sends her exclusive female possessions out of her sight. If anything happens, she takes care of it right away. Rosemine-sama's handling of exclusive possessions is well known even to the castle's handymen. Because of that, there are quite a few people who want to have a relationship with an exclusive because they want to catch the eyes of Rose Mine-sama. I thought of the court cooks going to the aristocratic house this time.

"The attention is on the veil. Should I put a nail in it?"

"Eh? What's wrong all of a sudden?"

Bale is a man with a kind and refreshing smile who seduced Ella until two years ago. It's also a shame that he's good-looking and good at work. Others are married people, so I think they are the ones I should be most wary of.

"Hey, I've never been seduced by Veil, and I'm not the kind of person who deserves to be punished while working or in a place where Rosemine-sama can see me? I'm afraid I'll have a hard time working because of strange teasing, so don't talk nonsense. ."

When she first entered the kitchen of the castle, it was difficult because it was male-centered, but now Ella is said to be respected in her own way. In my eyes, I can see some parts that I look down on because of gender, but she says she's so good that Ella says it can't compare to the lower town.

"Hey, are you listening? It's the first day of Fugo, and I'm on the same day as Rosemine-sama, so don't say unnecessary things while I'm gone."

“Yes, yes, I am listening.”

......But, after all, I think it's good to drive nails into Veil.

He has a face that women would like, and his age is closer to Ella than mine. If you flirt with her, she might fall for Ella. For me, who has been dumped by her lover many times, I want to avoid any strange interference before her marriage.

On the day of the move, I headed to the castle's handyman's resting place with my luggage to bring to the aristocratic house. There were also five court cooks who were also carrying luggage.

"Ah, Fugo. Please take good care of me from now on."

The gentle greeting stopped when the castle attendant entered. It seems to move to this member. With the guidance of the attendant, I walked down the aisle of the handyman dragon in a direction I didn't normally use at all. I wanted to ask where they were going, but perhaps because there was an aristocratic attendant, everyone's expressions were stiff, so I was in no situation to open my mouth.

“Please be quiet from here on.”

Climbing the stairs, no matter how you look at it, it was a passageway for nobles. I really don't know where it's taking me. I thought there would be something like a wagon for a handyman dragon, but the place I arrived was in a dark room. There are two knights in the room further back, and their eyes are fierce.

"There are 6 cooks who will transfer today. The other one is supposed to move on the same day as Rose Mine."

The attendant contacted the knight and immediately left the room. The engineer looked at us and said, "There are three of us." Unlike me, who had no idea what three people were, the other cooks seemed to understand. The three elders, carrying their luggage, walked to the center of the intricate pattern in the back room. Bale told me in a small voice, "We're coming later. Watch what we do," so I stopped right there.

The moment the knight did something, sparks of strange colors such as black and gold burst out from the pattern on the floor. I don't think it's a flame because it's not red, but the swaying movement was similar.

......what is this? What starts!?

In a moment of surprise, the figures of the three disappeared as if they were wrapped in strangely colored flames. I want to scream but I can't It feels like the first time I rode Rosemine-sama's rider and flew through the sky. I don't know too much, so I can't speak.

However, people other than me didn't look flustered at all. this is the normal look I didn't want to show my fear to Vail, so I desperately bluffed.

.....Calm down. Haven't I seen something similar before?

At the harvest festival I went with Rosemine-sama, I saw the magic tools that nobles used to transport items collected as taxes. It's probably the same as that.

"Okay. The next three."

The knight gave the instructions shortly after the strange flame disappeared. Around that time, the next load to be carried began to be moved into the room.

......It's only humans that are carried, they don't disappear. Like luggage, we are only carried.

Advising myself like that in my heart, I followed the veil and carefully climbed onto the pattern.

"Unwind, stick closer to the center. Jim's sticking out."

"That...yes!"

I don't want to think about what will happen to the luggage that sticks out. I stuck to the center where possible. Unusually colored flames spewed out, and my eyes staggered. After feeling like my head was spinning, I saw the room again. It's a similar room, but the knight's face is different, and the items in the room are slightly different.

"Foogo, don't be dazed. Let's go."

"Don't be in too much of a hurry, Vail. It's your first time, so it's dizzy, right? I'll go first, so Vail should explain things to Pugo."

Having said that, I left the room carrying my luggage. Like the castle, there was a waiting room. Coming out of there, it was a hallway that nobles would walk through.

“It’s clean, but I can’t calm down because I think we’ll get scolded if we walk.

“Perhaps they wanted to keep the handyman from coming around here, but there is no passage for the handyman dragon.”

After endlessly walking the veil and the long hallway, I saw a ridiculously tall staircase. There was also a figure of a castle attendant nearby. At first glance, it seemed as if they were walking down the hallway aimlessly here and there.

“What is that person doing?”

"I'm cleaning before the youngsters arrive."

I thought cleaning meant sweeping with a broom or wiping with a rag, but I was surprised to see how she controlled the magic ball while walking gracefully. The attendants of the temple had the same method as us, but it seems that the nobles' cleaning method was completely different from ours.

"So, from the room hidden in the shadow of this staircase, it leads to the passageway of the handyman dragon. Look, this sign looks like a castle, right?"

The place used by the nobles has double wire, but the door leading to the passage of the handyman dragon doesn't have it. When I opened the door and went inside, there was an elevator much bigger than the one in the castle.

“In the castle, each individual room has an elevator, but here there is a big one at the end of the building, so you can load and unload several people at once. "

Saying to teach me how to use it, Bale pulled the chain to raise the pedestal and put his luggage on the elevator. I put the same load on, and Veil started to go down the stairs in the same room. For some reason, I felt relieved at the familiar stairway of the handyman dragon.

When I pulled the chain at the place where I went down the stairs, our luggage came down. I got out of the room on the stairs with the luggage and started walking down the aisle. Arriving at the corner, Veil slaps his hand lightly on the wall.

"This is the food storage, turn here and go inward to the kitchen. Above the kitchen is the dining room. Don't break our room and go straight."

A long hallway leads to the kitchen. I don't know where and how far is the food warehouse and the kitchen. I looked up where there was a restaurant.

“It looks quite spacious, how many people come to the House of Nobility?”

"Aren't there about 60 to 70 young boys? If you include the attendant and the handyman, you need about 200 meals. It's quite a big deal. Unlike before, it's made with Rosemine-sama's recipe."

The dish devised by Rosemine-nim involves a lot of preparation, and it takes a lot of work to make broth, such as consommé.

"It's delicious, but making it is a big deal, right? By the way, starting this year, two lord candidates enrolled in the aristocratic house, and they said they would introduce Rosemine-sama's recipe to Taryeong."

"Ask for more cooks."

"So, aren't you guys here?"

It is said that there were 5 cooks and handymen so far. We've been added to that, Bale said. Court cooks know how nobles react to new tastes. It is said that he was able to anticipate that there would be no way it would be the same as it used to be because of the sudden increase in applications and invitations to the tea party in Taryeong.

“If you want to show off a new confection at a tea party, you want a cook who is familiar with it. I negotiated with the attendant to turn Ella into the aristocratic house. Then, they said that if we work together, a new recipe might come into our hands... It's been two years. . Something has increased, right?"

"That's impossible. Me and Ella are also bound by contract magic."

Actually, I can teach you anything other than the dishes I learned from Rosemine-sama, but if I teach you one thing, the demand for all of them will grow, and I'm afraid that a new recipe made using the consommé devised by Rosemine-sama might fall under contract magic.

"Contract magic... Even though Rosemine is a child, she is careful and scary."

"Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do something like the lord's adopted daughter."

Bale replied, "Is that so?" Looking at his profile, I thought that now was the only time to drive in his nails. Ella stopped, but when she heard that "I negotiated to release Ella," it's natural to be worried. Of course, she's also in the mood to brag that she's marrying me.

"Hey, Veil. I, in the summer, I'm going to marry Ella. I've already gotten permission from Rosemine-sama."

"Huh? You haven't married yet? What have you been doing for two years?"

Instead of an expression of resentment, he made an expression of surprise, rather I was taken aback.

“You guys were in the temple until Rosemine-sama woke up, right? So, I thought you got married a long time ago.

"It's noisy. I couldn't get married until I got permission from the owner."

I also wanted to do it as soon as possible. However, in the temple, everyone said, "After Rosemine-sama wakes up."

“Well, is there such a rule for being exclusive? It’s annoying.”

"That... that's right. But, now that it's like that, please don't approach Ella."

I calmed myself down and said what I wanted to say the most, but I got a blank look on my face, as if I couldn't understand what Bale had heard.

After a few seconds of silence, he started laughing as if he had realized something.

"Your grim eyes, did you mean that? There's no such thing. I married Nari, the laundry manager, last summer."

"ok?"

"The couple are here together, so there's no way I'll approach Ella in that sense."

Surprisingly, it seems that Bale is already married. For the others, it was more than a year ago, so the only ones who didn't know were us, who hadn't been to the castle in two years. A strange sense of defeat spread through her heart, such as her swinging vigilance and her overtaken marriage.

..........shit! Do not laugh!

Needless to say, I was scolded by Ella, who arrived a few days later.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    teal08, raremonkey and Jukki like this.
  20. teal08

teal08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All credits to saix2 since i'm only a web novel reader, my timeline summary help are based on web novel mtl :derpyblob: (unless the English ver. of part 5 released :blobsweat_2:) so all your questions just now.. I don't even know the details (i'm curious about the answers as well :blobpopcorn:)

I would like Restilaut to met Wilma, introduced by Hartmut (not by Rozemyne) as fellow Rozemyne fans :meowgrin: it would be fun just imagining~