Spoiler Born As The Hidden Daughter Of A Villainess And The Male Lead

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a LOT of lore. Thank you. Now, new questions showed up, in my case, did Gramps knew to a certain extent (afterall, his fief was... destroyed? Seized? Ruined?). And more importantly, did Roberick knew?

Jukki and Creolenerd like this.
  2. lavidaloca

lavidaloca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiron was surprised by Roberick's betrayal so I don't think he was aware of what was going to happen in advance. Mariette, on the other hand did know the future and I'll go into her story in another post.

Do you mean 'did Roberick know he was going to betray the Bastevans and collaborate with the king in advance?' Not sure what you're asking there.

Warning - the next part is going to trigger a lot of emotions. Prepare your tissues, stress balls, punching bags, knives etc.

Mariette from childhood was known to be caring, intelligent, and kind to everyone. Naiad the water spirit king praised Mariette to Edith as being someone who would never do evil. Both Roberick and Meinhardt had trauma scars from losing their families and Mariette was the one to bring them out of their shells by continuously reaching out to them.

As spirit elementalists grew up, no matter what country they're from, they all attended the academy in Lintera where they're trained. At the academy Mariette used Naiad's water powers to drench some bullies who were attacking Riat, a prince of Nisha who came from a country of Arcane worshippers. Riat and Mariette initially butted heads at the academy, and later became friends after Riat cleared up the misunderstanding that she hated him (she hated darkness, but not him specifically). Their relationship was essentially like Snape and Lily from Harry Potter. Riat fell in love with Mariette, but he knew she was in love with Roberick. At one point he confessed knowing he'd be rejected and Mariette explained to him that it was because darkness was everything she stood against.

Later Riat becomes King and loses touch with Mariette because he's busy with duties. A year later, he hears the news that the Bastevans were stripped of their title and Mariette was accused of being a villain. He snuck out of Nisha and found her pregnant with Roberick's child. Riat begged Mariette to run away with him to Nisha, and said he didn't care that Roberick was the father - it would be his child and he would elevate her status to queen. Mariette again rejected him saying she was against darkness and Riat regretfully left.
    [​IMG]

To provide some background, Lore, Spirit King of Wisdom, was Mariette's primary attribute. After the incident 70 years ago, Lore coordinated a plan in advance to try and save the world from Arcane's darkness, using Mariette as his instrument. Lore told Mariette about his plans and also showed her the future where she knew she would die in advance. Mariette later revealed this info to Meinhardt who helped her in the fight against darkness.

Chastia's former husband and Alea's biological father, Carlisle Pryum was an Arcane worshipper and blessed by darkness spirits. He died in a fire at home and when they investigated the house, they found a warehouse of spells, painted symbols etc. In the village where they settled, the villagers later deriled Chastia and threw garbage at her. Roberick finds her in that state one day after they've established a relationship and he's upset that she just shrugs off the incident. He goes out to confront the villagers about it and finds out the truth about Carlisle. In spite of knowing that Chastia was the wife of an Arcane worshipper, and Alea is the daughter of one, Roberick still took them in and formed a relationship with them. Hypocritically, Roberick hates Meinhardt for being the child of Arcane worshippers, especially after he helped Mariette in trying to bring down Chastia and Alea.

Unbeknownst to Chastia and Alea, they are Arcane's chess pieces to destroying the world. Lore, aware of this, has Mariette try and intervene to prevent destruction, but the plan failed and Mariette was branded as a villain. It's hinted throughout the story that Mariette was destined to have a difficult life, and it was also Edith's fate. After Mariette's death giving birth to Edith, Lore disappears from the continent. It's also noted that because Roberick chose Chastia and Alea in spite of being aware they were associated with darkness, he was abandoned by Illypia, spirit of Life, (and possibly also Ignis, spirit of Light - mtl was hard to understand) because they were directly against Arcane. Meinhardt later explains to Edith how this makes his soul unstable - hence a lot of his crazy actions.

You can skip the next part if you're not interested - not gonna have spoilers I didn't already post.
    My biggest complaint with the novel is that there's so many elements between the spirit kings, 3 generations of characters, and general world building. It really could've been shortened significantly and I have a feeling this is going to be a 200+ chapter novel.

Honestly, the novel feels like a very convoluted drawn out retelling of a Harry Potter-esque story.

Mariette = Lily
    Roberick = James Potter if he still had his ego and never matured
    Riat = Snape
    Edith = Harry Potter
    Meinhardt = Dumbledore?

Mariette sacrifices herself and gives birth to Edith who is potentially the future savior of the world as they know it. Mariette fell in love with Roberick, and Riat, blessed by darkness/evil, was the one who always loved her but had an unrequited love.

After Mariette died, Meinhardt watched Edith from the side, trying to guide her along the right path knowing that she was destined to help save the world and confront Arcane. Edith is constantly pushed into dangerous situations trying to learn more about the past and her deceased mom. Much of the truth of the previous history has been erased/censured due to hypocritical people in power. I'm probably missing more comparisons.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    AnnHime, Am_elf, its0k and 17 others like this.
  3. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

Judging from your recent spoilers, it seems my question, especially with regards to Roberick was answered. Essentially, it was the simple "Is this Roberick playing the long game and essentially was aware as a former protagonist". Still trash in the end. Props to his former protagonist status having relevance. But the heroic complex is a bit of a mix. Really, again props for not joining the bandwagon and hating the wife and daughter by extension like the rest of the world/villagers but him having a relationship in the end with Chastia was and still is a huge minus. Like, dude. Your own spirit is warning you not to be acquainted with these people.

Gahd, all these new names about other spirit users and all this Mariette rejecting Riat even though free translations haven't formally introduced these two (Meinhardt as well) yet. Feels weird it was wrong or against Mariette's beliefs not to choose Riat but Edith, her daughter would have her presumed ML be someone in the end controls both ice and darkness.

4. lavidaloca

Reading List:
    Link
    Going back to the present now.

After the engagement ceremony, Edith makes a plan to visit Litera with Essimed, hoping to find out more about her mother and Lore, spirit king of wisdom who blessed Mariette. On the way there, she's kidnapped by Riat, Emperor of Nisha and in Edith's words 'Mariette's stalker'. Riat runs the a major mercenary guild in Nisha and Emperor Oswald, using the excuse he couldn't kill Essimed himself because he resembled Elijah his late wife, requests the guild to kill Essimed for him. Riat brings them both back to Nisha and explains his academy story with Mariette. His intention was to have Edith inherit his throne and hide her away from all the political dangers and power struggles she's undergone since he couldn't save Mariette from dying. Edith rejects his offer and Riat comments how much she resembles her mother.

Roberick hears about the kidnapping and goes wild trying to find Edith. He tracks down Meinhardt and yells at him to explain where Edith is. Meinhardt in response tells him it was a mistake to tell Roberick about Edith, since he managed to lose his child. Shiorn recruits his old spirit warrior commander comrades (and Meinhardt joins the group along the way) to help him save Edith. They manage to free Edith and Essimed from magic inhibiting restraints and Edith summons Illypia. The grandma who freed them tell the kids to hide in the forest while the senior citizens fight off Riat and his men.

While waiting, one of Riat's men approaches them and it turns out he's Arcane in the flesh, and one of the people who helped kidnap them. Arcane calls Essimed 'his brother', asks him why he's wearing such a lowly skin (like why is he human I guess), and swears that he'll never lose his brother again, no matter what it takes. Illypia protects the kids saying it's not Arcane's time yet and Arcane eventually disappears.

The seniors eventually defeat Riat and Edith meets the heroes of the past. Frankly it was anticlimactic since they just ended up releasing Riat after it was explained he was commissioned to kill Essimed and wanted to protect Edith. Eventually the seniors head back to their homes and Edith returns with Essimed and Shiorn to the Duchy.

Back at the duchy, Chastia has been paranoid about the whole situation and since Edith's disappearance, she's been hoping that everything would go back to the way it was before once Roberick calmed down. She and Roberick had a strained relationship ever since he brought Edith, and she keeps trying to push to have Alea in power. Perion who was stripped of his job and banished from the duchy for his last confrontation with Edith, shows up in front of Chastia offering his unwavering support.

Oswald received a letter from Riat saying he wasn't able to kill Essimed and here's some gold to make up for it. Riat also warns him you better prepare a cover story because Roberick has been informed that Edith was kidnapped because you requested that your 2nd son was to be killed. Roberick shows up at imperial palace pissed at Oswald and causes chaos using his wind spirit. Oswald in response uses his fire power and Edith who was brought along, has to douse them both with water to stop the situation. Eventually Oswald is forced to swear he wouldn't make any future attempts to harm Essimed, but from that point, his relationship with Roberick is strained and he loses the support of Hailean.

Pipi1989, AnnHime, its0k and 16 others like this.
  5. lavidaloca

Reading List:
    Link
    Edith opts to live in the imperial palace and Shiorn is allowed to live there with her. She receives an invite from the Kandel family, but doesn't understand why everyone tells her to burn it. She receives another invite and summons Oried to gather information, but darkness emerges from the invitation and drags her into the past.

Edith witnesses the moment when men, women, and children are gathered to be sacrificed at the Kandel duchy for Meinhardt's sake (when he was around her age). Judith (spirit commander of electricity) intervenes and battles against Arcane there, and Meinhardt who was also pulled into the past with her, protects Edith from any aftereffects. Meanwhile Oried, to try and help Edith, unleashes his alter ego Yuhirian and somehow (i forget details) also ends up in the past.

Yuhirian ignores everyone/everything and brutally murders all the remaining Arcane worshippers there. Some stuff happens after he threatens to battle Arcane as well, and eventually Oried comes back (again forget deets). Edith in her desperation is able to use Illypia's spirit powers for the first time without having to summon the spirits. Eventually Edith, Meinhardt, and Oried make their way back to the present. Edith then begs Meinhardt to stop disappearing and stay with her instead. Meinhardt at first rejects her saying look at what happened to his great aunt Judith and Edith points out that it's not his fault Judith died. Eventually Meinhardt agrees to stay in the imperial palace with her. He then explains to her the history of her grandparents era and all the spoilers I mentioned earlier. Edith cries thinking about the sacrifice her mother had to make for Lore's mission and how she was branded as a villain for it.

On the side there's some minor events. Nobles are protesting to have Essimed installed as crown prince but Emperor Oswald is adamant that Valerian his first born already has the position. Roberick visits Edith monthly, and seeing Meinhardt next to Edith, starts acting aggressive saying think about who his family was. Edith calls Roberick out for his hypocrisy, saying you hate Meinhardt for being the child of Arcane worshippers but you married a woman and adopted a child who were formerly associated with an Arcane worshipper. Roberick is pissed and leaves.

Alea also visits and tells Valerian she supports him as crown prince, manipulating him into thinking that he should "rescue" Edith from Essimed. Alea is jealous but doesn't say anything about it and then meets up with Edith, where Edith calls out Alea for being the child of an Arcane worshipper. Alea asks so what? Even if you tell everyone, you'll bring down the Duchy of Hailean but it's your lineage as well. There's some back and forth between the 2 of them as Edith tries to grasp where Alea stands. After that nothing else major, and there's a 5 year time skip to when Edith turns 12 and Essimed turns 14.

Pipi1989, AnnHime, Am_elf and 19 others like this.
  6. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. Recently saw the fantranslations for ch.6-7. Any new spoilers post timeskip?

7. Th.ay

Th.ay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much to everyone who gave us spoilers! I read up to chapter 4, but I'm dropping. My blood pressure can't take it... (Grandpa, u r the best!)

datagirl, layyu and potatofriez like this.
  8. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    Same!! And the spoilers made mg blood pressure just pop.... They be annoying as hell like dude, GRANDPA AND EDITH ARE FINE W/O Y'ALL

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  9. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. Any new novel spoilers? @Korraa

10. Korraa

Korraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, I'm just not reading it tbh. It made me so angry to read it that i realized that I'll be more happy if i don't read it

PrettyAddict, datagirl, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  11. Korraa

Korraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On second thought though, the spoilers look pretty interesting, i think I'll have to pick it up again

Naenia likes this.
  12. friedbanana

friedbanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, me too. I can't handle to read it so here I am reading the spoilers instead. I'm gonna use inapppropriate words, I'm really pissed off right now. Hope that R and P something guy and their bitches get the retribution they deserve. Huuuhhh. So angry.

13. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel so stressed just reading the spoilers!! Can anyone just tell the ending

14. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch 157 is dated today, so I assume it is still ongoing.

15. friedbanana

friedbanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers of how robberick get f*ck up? Please tell me how this guy suffer...

Herbie420 and Naenia like this.
  16. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump

Requesting for new novel spoilers. Where are we at right now from this stressful story?

17. Naenia

Naenia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. Is the series still ongoing?

Naenia likes this.
  19. Nah

Nah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When will this AH father learn his mistake? Will he even has some redemption? How easy of him got raised in safety by a family he destroy later??! All for reason fall in love with oh so pitiful widowed ogFL. Then he cares so much to Edith, is he never feel guilty of making her mother miserable?
    All I can conclude is this AH father just full of himself. He chose who he want to share the affection, doesn't care with other who contributed so much for him. Disgusting F

TripleColor96, Jukki and Psyche Grace like this.
  20. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. Any new novel info?

Naenia and TripleColor96 like this.