Spoiler the youngest son of suyang

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Wick, Jan 12, 2018.

1. aqouze

aqouze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I made a summary for MC girlfriend appearance here for fun because I still cannot move on after finish reading mtl.
    Actually, I don't really like romance much but I like her because she is not intrude into the main story much and kind of likable.

Her name is Seo Min-young
    MC will met her in Law School in first year.
    She is very popular with the boys because of her beauty..

MC attend event hold by senior for freshmen and start giving away expensive laptop that cost 3million won each to 200students... so everyone can remember his identity and as the advertisement for new product.

Some students reject his laptop...
    MC make a list of everyone name and try to approach them one by one.
    Seo Min-young is one of them that reject. MC originally though it is because of pride like others
    But she bluntly said she does not know how to use laptop so it is useless so MC just go speechless.

Then Seo Min-young just joke back that do not stare at her otherwise it shakes her heart.

MC rarely attend class, he only go for exam

After one of the college final exam,
    MC got invited to drink in some local restaurant next to their college...
    i think it is similar to Japanese local izagaya? but I don't know how to called it in Korea.

MC will made joke on his chaebol status but everyone just believe it's real..haha
    Then MC's college friend will be surprise that MC also eat simple food like other people
    (I wish Manhwa will keep this scene, i'm really looking forward to this one... manhwa already cut all of his school detail)

Then Seo Min-young show up. She said hi to MC, MC remember her but already forgot her name lol
    She sit there drank a little then the guys around table start mocking them as couple and MC complain that is is 3rd time they met.
    When she is about to leave, she grab MC to talk alone and..... cornering him in dating her....

It's very weird.. she start by explaining her family is the family of law.
    And how busy her life is because It's her family tradition to pass some law exam before graduation.
    So she will not have time to date him...

MC just froze with confusion and she complaint about his reaction to her confession.
    MC said he has both money and power while she only has power.. like he has more qualification
    but Seo Min-young just said that it's about MC's handsome face... it's the only qualification of man and she is weak to handsome man

Then she just conclude for MC that since she doesn't have a time to date let's meet once a month.
    MC is like what the heck is this but ok with her in the end....
    Then MC said that on their date he will send a car,
    Seo Min-young couldn't understand the concept of sending a car... then MC remind her he is Chaebol

She ask MC to keep it secret but when they go back to the restaurant. Seo Min-young just announce their dating in front of everyone.
    MC go what the heck again with her stunt.

I think MC is weirder to accept her sudden confession... but they match because both of them are busy with their own things.

MC met Seo Min-young and novel start to remind reader that they still meet once a month... She passed the exam
    I already forgot she existed.... she is MIA for almost 100chapters

Grandpa, dad, mom, aunt and bro and shows up together...
    Grandpa and aunt seem not caring while dad and mom feel confuse with grandpa showing up.

They became center of attention and the reporter start to camp outside campus.... since it is rare for grandpa to leave home.

MC try to get Seo Min-young to run away but too late.. (I think he still remember how his mom was treated badly because poorer family background... actually MC's mom is the daughter of rich family but not at the level of Chaebol)

MC was forced to introduce Seo Min-young to his family.
    But grandpa already knew Seo Min-young and even her parent
    When MC is shocked, then grandpa said he even know MC lunch menu

MC's family treat Seo Min-young well here.
    Actually somewhere either before or after graduation MC give her an apartment near her workplace. She look stunt and MC remind her that he is Chaebol so it is pretty normal.

MC now inherited Sunyang Finance from grandpa. MC also manage it well, passing so many incident and become famous in the economic world as rising star...and MC has good reputation in social life.

The people at MC's father company asking to get MC interview in one entertainment show.
    MC try to reject but fail because MC's father is very determine.

But the interview did not go well because assigned PD has directed script in his head and try to direct MC to answer on what he want.
    MC get angry and complain to his father. Their interview suppose to be 20mins but because of bad PD... MC's father can only got 6minutes

so MC's father fill another 14minutes by Seo Min-young and he also get permission the supreme judge to air Seo Min-young
    Seo Min-young actually not appear here at all, just the name being mention so everyone know MC has judge as girlfriend.

I'm not sure if I miss her being mention somewhere but she really gone MIA again for almost 100 chapters...
    She is not show up in Grandpa's funeral or during MC's sad time when Grandpa is passing away...

When MC is young, if he went on some business trip, sometime he will try to create family trip for his parent+his bro... but now he just went on trip with the security team..and play with the security team......

Both MC and Seo Min-young are workaholic with no hobby.

MC visit Seo Min-young in court house. He said he came here 3-4times but the attention from people looking at MC still strong
    MC also sit in her trial and watch then Seo Min-young suddenly give her trial a break for one hour

MC and Seo Min-young went for quick lunch then MC just said let's get married very bluntly... in front of hotdog, gyoza and kimchi...
    Seo Min-young ask what is marriage to MC. Is it his life task? or because MC think she need it?
    MC said something romantic i guess... but it's mtl so it's roughly translated as Marriage is a process to make 3rd person become a 2nd person. And MC promise to become the 2nd person next to her.

Seo Min-young did not say yes or no but.... drag him to ward office to sign marriage paper because the trial only has 1hour break... after finishing marriage paper Seo Min-young run back to trial and MC need to shout to her to come back to his home tonight.

MC.. just marriage like that... a president of Sunyang Finance...owner of Miracle Investment...and a top rank billionaire of Korea
    Seo Min-young is like a typhoon, all MC and Seo Min-young's friend/families just as shock as the reader...

MC go back to parent home, meeting his parent and big bro...The mom got serious like her son's wedding is her duty but MC said it's ok... the company will handle all the plan. Everyone can just follow the plan....MC dad then understand that MC's wedding need to be plan properly because it is company's image and can be use for advertisement.

MC said sorry to his bro to get marry first but the bro just joke back why MC need to crawl into prison instead of staying in flower field.

Well... MC did not lost this chance... he held wedding at Sunyang Hotel, the dress also from Sunyang... and had honeymoon at MC's resort in Malaysia. MC also has power to control how much media can show in the news... like how many photo, which one and what in the content.

The company plan out pure concept for their wedding and MC need to confirm if Seo Min-young ok. Since it will not be extra luxurious as it is once in life time...(The company requested MC to ask the bride)

And of course... our bride was like... you said you hired professional why ask me... just use them since we pay.

Their wedding guests... are full of legal professions and head of business persons
    After the wedding Seo, Min-young ask to visit Grandpa Tomb...

Then Seo Min-young revealed that she learnt from her parent recently that MC's Grandpa did list prospect marriage for MC since MC was young... and Seo Min-young is in the top of the list.. because they happen to be in same school so the match maker think it is easier to do.
    (It's mtl... so I'm not sure it's match maker or the fortune teller...)

So now Seo Min-young want to show MC's Grandpa that this is the outcome
    MC regret that if he know they will end up marring each other... he should do it sooner when Grandpa still alive.

Seo Min-young and MC then kick off for honeymoon in Malaysia. They met Oh-seihyun, a retired CEO there.

And It's the full week vacation for MC for the first time without work.

Then her role end after marriage, she is not appearing again until the ending.....

Actually no one appear in the ending except MC and group of security personal... I think he is around 33-35years old.

The relationship in this novel is rarely shown... since author's focus is on investing..
    I wish for more side story about MC interacting with families and friends

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  2. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    The 1st episode of the kdrama came out!!!

https://www.viki.com/tv/38899c
    Also available on viu in certain regions

I'm rather anxious about the 2nd episode watching the teaser at the end, it seems they tweaked the story, since I remember novel-wise it was pretty smooth sailing for young MC.

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  3. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    And yeah my worries came true, kdrama took out the toy horse scene, and there's no MC being the greedy richest kid.

Now just praying the webtoon stays faithful to the novel (or a TL translates the novel )

4. aqouze

aqouze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find that webtoon move in super fast pace, lot of scene that I wanna see is gone....
    For example: When MC's oldest cousin brought him to play with girls in the villa...
    MC chat with one of the girl then when MC learnt that she is underage.. he feel angry
    It's pretty minor event that was cut off from webtoon... but it make MC more humane...

MC is like money making machine but from time to time, there will be small event that show his humanity side.
    So i hope webtoon will keep them. I kind of adore MC from those small scene while reading it.

schmawesome and Rumby like this.
  5. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Ikr! I’d love it if they could kept every detail, but JP is listed as the adaption writer and worked on other action webtoon so I’m guessing JP will focus on action & fast pace... so not super promising unless the novel author is having some input then got some hope on the humane moments.
    but seeing how safe the kdrama is playing out.... I guess wouldn’t be surprised if the webtoon follows suit & cut out more of similar situations of underage kids..

Though understandably, I sympathize with the artist in cutting scenes out since I assume they don’t have a huge team like the kdrama, and I pray artist won’t be overworked.

I definitely can’t put hopes on the kdrama for the pacing since that is 16 episodes. That one will definitely cut stuff besides already adding filler.
    Haven’t watched episode 3 of the drama yet but seeing confused comments over lack of explanations and people hating the female lead / not good chemistry in the romance.

Rin.rinaaa and aqouze like this.
  6. aqouze

aqouze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cannot watch the drama because it's not available in my region. I will camp for drama's review here :)

7. dasmier

dasmier New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the novel already completed? Really want to know how novel without any romance or family feeling ended..

8. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh besides Viki & viu, you probably can watch it on sites
    Like gohittv & dramacool & myasiantv but idk if they would be blocked in your area
    I heard it’s also on Disney+ & Netflix in some areas but idk where exactly

Hopefully it becomes available in your region soon though, would love to know if any of the filler was actually from the novel as I haven’t read the entire novel yet

Yes this is a completed novel . Not fully translated though ^^

There are some spoilers in previous posts about both family and romance (one right on this page aquoze shared) but you can quote & ask the ppl who read it about certain spoilers you wanna know more about. Idk though if they’ll answer or remember though cuz the novel has been out for few years already.

I frankly have not read the full novel as I pretty much stopped in the middle when my brain melted from reading machine translation lol
    So don’t got spoilers but love reading them^^

aqouze likes this.
  9. aqouze

aqouze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, there is family feeling but very subtle...and super small.
    I think the story only focus mainly on 2 main relationships.
    MC start off as the feeling of wanting to take advantage from Grandpa and think on how to act in a way Grandpa like
    However, from the long course of interaction... MC will grow closer to Grandpa... He will start to see Grandpa's affection and love

As for Grandpa, he start off look like very heartless person but he actually love all of his children and grandchildren
    He just do not show because of his position. But we can see from his actions.

MC's parent does not get any stake in Sunyang and jobless in the beginning but they still living good life... MC and his big bro also study in expensive private primary school. They live in expensive area, have maids and drivers. So I guess Grandpa still support them financially.

The oldest cousin also had lot of scandals and Grandpa always clean up for him most of the time.
    He got some punishment in a way that will make him grow, like banning him from entering Korea and forcing him to be in Europe without family's power. So the oldest cousin can to be more independent.

Most of Grandpa's child (MC's aunt and uncle) are not expert at managing compare to MC.
    When MC's aunt has trouble managing Sunyang's hotel & GolfClub & department store. She try to get finance support from Grandpa but Grandpa stop helping her because it is like keep throwing money in loss capital.

MC jump in that time then gobble all the Aunt's stake using Miracle Investment
    Grandpa know Miracle Investment belong to MC...so Grandpa did not step in. I think Grandpa can see that it will be gobble up by other business in the future when he is not around. So better let it go to one of his bloodline now.

Grandpa also ask MC to treat her well and also not to be too cruel to other family members...
    MC promise Grandpa that aunt will remain as CEO and have same luxurious life as before.
    (MC's aunt will become one of MC supporter later... she will slowly treat MC as real family)

Grandpa will pass away around chapter 2xx... before he pass away, MC's brother want to visit Grandpa but he is not comfortable to go alone... As in his childhood, Grandpa held grudge against him as their parent marry because having him in his mom's tummy. So Big bro ask to go with MC.

Then they found that Grandpa prepare to leave things for every grandchild who does not inherit Sunyang's stock. MC's brother got a nice house in Gangnam because he live and work there. Grandpa also said sorry to MC's brother for his past action.

Actually, the story really show a lot of Grandpa's moment so may be he is main family feel here.

They will start off professional like relationship.
    O-seihyun keep mentioning about his wife and child but never show them to MC from start to finish
    But both of them seem to be a good friend as they work together a very long time.

When MC hit 20, O-seihyun also want MC to try first alcohol but MC already tried it with his cousins
    When MC move out and got his own house, O-seihyun also visit and tour around MC's house then sneakily looking for the girl's trace in this house. (MC has massage's bed that he hire professional trainer but O-seihyun try to make it sound more dirty as special massage)

And after O-seihyun retired being CEO of Miracle Investment.
    They still interact and meet with each other and discuss things from time to time.
    He has more screen time than MC's dad+mom+bro

And the rest of the crew... they do exist in background...
    We will only know how is their relationship from their conversation once or twice in the whole novel.

Dad has a bit more conversation as he own broadcasting station.
    When MC got his own house. Dad is happy saying we got a free shooting location of actual young CEO house now...(MC rejected instantly)
    And sometime dad will want to interview or shoot his own son (MC end up allowing few interview and one shooting)

I also read from mtl so my brain did not function with the financial stuff too.
    I plan to understand what's going on with the webtoon/drama.

When MC was in college.. around 20-21years old, he want to invest in google.
    He did not remember the founder name... only recall the university they are in... so he went there and going through the thesis paper of everyone to find google algorithm. Then he caught 2google founders and become first investor.

Near the ending, MC visit Google's founder in US and calling reporter there to show that he is first Google's investor, and showing off his wealth. People kind of know he is real Miracle's owner.
    He also announce there that he will become Sunyang's president.

About the pair of oldest uncle-cousin's villain... i think one of them go to prison...I don't understand what's going on with mtl.. but from what i grasp (May not correct) it's seem like it's from their own scandal... and MC is the one to make it expose somehow... i think he got help from prosecutor using his university connection as junior/senior

Then combining Miracle's stock and MC's stock in Sunyang, MC got highest stake and become Sunyang President.

In the ending scene, he go to the place where he die in previous life. It is the life that no one know and never existed.
    MC is with group of security personals. But he ask them to step back to be alone in his though.

MC used to have nightmare with bullet and dying scene in his past life. But it's already gone long time ago.
    He is not sure if his revenge end when that nightmare stop or when occupying all Sunyang Group.
    But MC will let go of his past here because he is now Jin Dojun.

..this ending scene is super short, i was like ....what? Are you serious? where is the side story...? where is the conclusion of big bro life...?
    But it's how this novel executed from beginning to end... author only focus on main story, so ok author... i give up and will just read your next story instead.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  10. acexdeuce

acexdeuce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i logged in just to say thank you for the spoiler! i needed it so badly. The drama made me anxious whether or not the grandpa is going to be MC's enemy..but i'm relieved now. Phew..

aqouze likes this.
  11. aqouze

aqouze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how Grandpa is not mindless power hungry character. He has some personalities in both evil side and soft side.
    They will not be enemy but more like rival in a friendly way since Miracle Investment is not part of Sunyang.

12. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG the novel got an official english translation according to mangaupdates on the yonder app
    I downloaded the app on my emulator and (it's on the explore > trending > #17 ranking 'Reborn Rich ' since using search just kept me in a loop for some reason)
    it seems to have up to ch 83 on there but it seems u can only unlocked 1 chapter free daily unless you buy coins

Also webtoon is also being officially translated
    English, S.Chinese, T.Chinese, Indonesian, Thai

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    aqouze likes this.
  13. Paris_Eve

Paris_Eve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks Guys for the Spoiler. Now I can just be patient since now I know the whole story point. It will be a fun ride to read the Webtoon Each Week.

aqouze likes this.
  14. aqouze

aqouze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thank you!! I really want the translation.

btw, The author new’s work “chaebol family genius director” also mention about the youngest son of sunyang too. He release one chapter a day so i guess we may get completed book after a year :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    edrea and Rumby like this.
  15. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the grandpa was ill, he made MC promise that he would take care of the family (and not to be too cruel towards them). MC promises to be be patient with the future harassments of the family.

I was upset in this part but I can understand him. In the end, the family’s behavior was the result of his indifference and lack of love but he can’t make his grandson bear the consequences of his mistakes….

…but I’m glad how this ended:
    - before dying, the grandpa told Do Jun to live like a villain, freeing his grandson from the promise.

Later I read (MTL, so it’s not precise) that the resentful grandma buried the grandpa in a distant place making Do jun very upset and resentful because he can’t even go to find his grandpa often.
    It’s good that Do Jun sent the grandma abroad forever

16. Taoiiii

Taoiiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I’m gonna need some new spoilers. In the novel does the grandpa have delirium as well? And what’s the deal with the oldest cousin? When does he get found out that he was the one who tried to kill his grandfather?

also if anybody knows what chap of the novel is the latest drama episode that would be amazing!

17. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the chairman knew from the start who the culprit was.
    On the drama the grandma appears from the start but in the novel appears only near grandpa’s death since she lives in Europe. She hated her husband to the point she was happy that he died.

Rumby likes this.
  18. Djuehehejehe

Djuehehejehe New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who got the sunyang financial company MC or his older brother

19. Djuehehejehe

Djuehehejehe New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me MC take over sunyang financial company or not

20. Djuehehejehe