Discussion CN novels - Author's Theater

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ReaderReader, Nov 24, 2022.

1. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoy reading the small snippets of the " Author's Theatre " where the characters interact with each other on a slightly more aware of them selves basis or in Alternative Universes

They always get cut out of the official novel release ( I get this ) but that's a bit sad ...

Just like the small character doodles of Manhwa/hua/ga artists draw at the end of a chapter novel authors have this ..

I can only remember seeing these in CN novels tho

Do you guys like reading them or consider it a hassle to read ? There are also translators that do not translate them

luoxinle and Cutting_bamboo like this.
  2. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Since they're not canon, I don't care if they get cut off from official releases. I do think they can be a nice comic relief, like a behind-the-scenes sort of feel. So I don't mind them. Usually, I read them, but if I'm in a hurry for the next chapter, I'd skip them so they don't break my immersion. I'd rather have them in fan translations since it's the author's words, it's only respectful to leave them in. You can say I don't feel too strongly about it.

luoxinle likes this.
  3. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    they can be cute, i don't particularly care for them.

4. Cyltea

Cyltea New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Neutral. :cookie:
    Speaking of what the author did at the end of the chapter, I dislike the manhua one where author gives multiple choice though. Like:

What will character A do in next chapter?
    a. A will kick B.
    b. A will kiss B.
    c. A will run away.

Honestly don't get what's the use of this... (Never seen this kind on novel though).

5. sevenlights_lu0

sevenlights_lu0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to read them, I want to know how the author thinks of their own character. It is sad they get taken out of releases but the author's thoughts are entertaining and so are the conversations between the characters in the mini theatre.

ReaderReader likes this.
  6. ReaderReader

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's an example
    This is from 2ha Ch90

Author’s Notes:

Mini-theatre [ Each character asks to be enlightened ]

Chu Wanning: Heard that everyone thinks that I don’t have enough top energy, heh, please enlighten me.

Weiyu : Heard that everyone thinks that my bedroom skills aren’t good, heh, please enlighten me.

Xue Meng: Heard that everyone thinks that I’m not straight enough, heh, please enlighten me.

Shi Mei: Heard that everyone thinks that I’m a black-hearted lotus, heh, please enlighten me.

Ye Wangxi: Heard that everyone thinks that I’m a girl, heh, please enlighten me.

Mei Hanxue: Heard that everyone thinks that I’ve already made an appearance in the novel, heh, please enlighten me.

Meatbun: That bro surnamed Mei at the end, no one thinks that you’ve already appeared, heh, if you’re not happy with that, come hit me.

Ash_Kira, hypersniper159 and Cyltea like this.
  7. Cyltea

Cyltea New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, most of the time they're funny:blob_grin:.
    Though sometimes they give (minor) spoiler too...

8. ReaderReader

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I also find that annoying but most of the time it's more the publisher that adds them and most of the time it's none of the options being given ...

9. Cutting_bamboo

Cutting_bamboo [Cold snow during spring] [Big Boss]

Reading List:
    Link
    I also like it very much. Whether it be in novels or manhua/ga/hwa

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    this cat first read similar stuff on shoujo manga~ you know the type of only one volume be it compilation or just one story~
    it can be interesting or just redundant~

Tearmoon Empire vol 4 afterword~

11. CherryVodka

CherryVodka Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those are really fun to read, the alleviate my mood and make me smile :meowpuffymelt:

12. NormieEater

NormieEater Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love 'em. They're like after/side stories in that they tend to be more entertaining and higher quality (on average) than the actual story. Which makes sense if you think about it. Longer-running series are written regardless of an author's current motivation. So they include sections where the author was in a slump, or wasn't yet certain of where they wanted to take the story. Extra content, on the other hand, is just stuff the author wanted to write on the spur of the moment. It's typically more inspired and less constrained, so it's consistently enjoyable to write and to read.