Recommendations BL where MC's true personnality is uncoverded

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ylfalaya, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Ylfalaya

Ylfalaya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi !

So i'm into several tropes of BL novels, and one of them is when the MC is hiding his real personnality (for whatever reason, usually it's bc he's a world traveler who has to seduce one character before going into the next world), and well i really like it when during his act, he makes a mistake, and the ML understand that MC is just acting.

So far i've only found one novel with this trope, i don't remember the name but it was MC who went into a dating video game, choose one character and do everything to seduce him (like marying him against his will lmao) and then one day mc get blocked inside and when he's not near the ML the world is just blank... anyway, i'm straying away from the subject.

So i don't know many novels with this trope also bc i hate the trope where he doesn't get discovered. I don't like it when MC plays a role from beginning to end, and i can't really distinguish just from the summary which novel has which trope soooo... here i am !

Thanks in advance for your help :D !
    Have a good day/night !

2. etsuhun

etsuhun Mer-Mer-Mer-Merm4id!

Reading List:
    Link
    The Days I Clear Escape Games Pretending to be an NPC
    is probably the closest thing to what you described... but the mc is way too good at acting that
    the ml will only know that its him because he pays way too much attention on him that he notices his little quirks + intuition of an older player + simply bc hes the ml

Ylfalaya likes this.
  3. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ylfalaya likes this.
  4. sailboater

sailboater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as a captain you must be cold
    • soft silly mc pretends to be a cold president type bc hes rly young but wants to be taken seriously in the esports industry. i dont think mc specifically makes a mistake, but ml feels like mc is fake, and then he sees a comment during a livestream that said something like "the microphone hit [mcs] face and he pretended like he didnt notice haha so cute]" so i guess that counts as a mistake? HOWEVER its not very far in yet so i would put this lower down on ur tbr
    married thrice to the salted fish
    • def less pronounced, but mc is a black hearted person who pretends to be good bc he is a doctor and bc his parents are kind hearted. ml loves it when mc "does bad things" however, bc ml was a transmigrator he knew that mc was black hearted from the beginning
    monochrome rumour (also a manhwa!)
    • mc transmigrates into this guy's body after they are both involved in a car crash. ml resents the owner of mc's new body bc he took mc away from him (unrequited love), but then he makes a deal with mc for information and starts realizing that mc isnt dead but changed bodies
    i thought i had more tbh but i dont so good luck

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    Giratina and Ylfalaya like this.