Discussion Soft Drinks

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ReaderReader, Nov 27, 2022.

1. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you enjoy soft drinks ( soda ),is that what you would order at a restaurant ?

What are some local soft drinks that are available to you ?

Do you like ginger ale ? I've never had any well I don't really know what it is

I've also no clue on what a Dr Pepper is or cream soda, they might sell them here in Belgium but I've never stayed long at the soda isle .
    61DNBie9GhL._SL1000_.jpg
    Don't you think that the colour of MtDew looks super unnatural? Actually the colourants used in the US and EU are different too

Pepsi or Coke ? I've had CocaCola before but I don't think I've had pepsi before ..
    index.jpg

I've noticed that Coca Cola label colours changed a lot in Belgium with the years and is also differently named than in the US
    S7307165a08ea46b184628321eb943f82z.jpg
    Fanta has been rolling out all types of fruity flavours but I've only ever tried the orange one. In my brain Fanta = Orange colour = Orange flavour. Well I've only ever seen the orange and purple ? ones being sold

s-l1600.jpg

2. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Sprite, though I rarely drink softdrinks.

Shaiole and ReaderReader like this.
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
  4. LurkerIsBack

LurkerIsBack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mostly drink mineral water.
    Otherwise Coca-cola (quite liked cherry one), Pepsi, 7Up Mojito or Fanta mango dragon fruit.

Resplendor likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not quite sure what a soft drink is, tbh.

I mostly drink either water or milk. Sometimes juice, rarely tea.

Soda I drink when visiting someone if they're offering soda and are not offering any juice I like~

6. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Lessening sugary drinks for a healthier and slightly thinner life. I also wouldnt order it in a resto unless it comes with the meal coz it is much more pricey than if i just buy at a grocery.

Mostly will go for coke or royal though

simak likes this.
  7. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to drink a wide variety of sodas, mostly when I went out to lunch. Primarily clear 7-up/sprite unless I was making a float, then root beer. Back in college, I tried strawberry soda, which was surprisingly good since artificial flavors can go extremely wrong. The very occasional, melon soda & ramune were good. The one time I tried a coffee soda, it was just wrong: unsweetened black coffee + carbonation. Plus if you encounter a soda fountain machine, you can mix and match.

Soft = non-alcohol
    hard = hard liquor

8. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Mountain Dew looks about as unnatural as a lot of other foods do. Like imagine if there was just nachos left around in the bush. You 100% would not think that shit was natural. Anyway is nice.

9. reireina91

reireina91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love softdrink.... :aww::blobmelt:
    Especially Sprite.. but here we have Tebs.. it's tea with soda. My second favs..

10. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    Fanta grape, sprite, 7up, a&w root beer, maybe coke, sjora mango, minute maid (pulpy)
    those are the soft drinks I drink. but I dont get them frequently because my mom doesn't approve of that at home, and soft drinks cost more in fast food places.

11. Furrina

Furrina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    I
    have never of flavoured Fanta, it's just orange. I used to drink a lot when I was younger (we call all carbonated soft drinks "cold drinks" here) but now I only drink Coca cola or Sprite very occasionally because it makes me gassy.

Generally, I prefer non-carbonated flavour drinks like rasna/tang or coconut water.

12. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    I use to drink 1.5 to 2 litre per day during my engineering years (I know, Even I can't belive I have any liver or sugar problem). And my favourite drink was sprite (mint+rose syrup).

13. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    Ginger ale or ginger beer is definitely my favorite. They're both non-alcoholic. The difference is ginger ale is clear and usually sweeter. Ginger beer often has bits of ginger still floating around in it, is slightly cloudy and is significantly more spicy.
    You can make your own ginger ale/beer quite easily if you want to try it. It won't taste as good as the store bought, but is quite refreshing.
    You'll need:
    Ginger root
    Sugar
    Water
    Seltzer water or carbonated water.
    Optional: lemon juice, pineapple juice, or cinnamon.
    Also: Highly recommend a dash of salt to counter any bitterness.

Put equal portions of sugar and water into a sauce pan. Heat on low until clear.
    Grind at least a finger of fresh ginger into a paste and add it to the hot sugar water. You can use dried ground ginger for a milder flavor. The amount will depend on your tastes and amount of sugar water.
    Let this steep, off the stove, for at least 10 minutes, but you can leave it over night in the fridge for a more intense ginger flavor. This is also when you would add any additional juices or spices to make the flavor more complex. Once things are done steeping, filter your ginger syrup if so desired.
    Congratulations! You've made the base for ginger ale/beer.
    Put a good couple of dollops in the bottom of a glass, pour seltzer water on top and stir.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    ReaderReader likes this.
  14. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, here they put too many dangerous chemicals (that I call dangerous).

15. mangoberry

mangoberry beatsaber is too addictive...

Reading List:
    Link
    Sodas are cool, but I usually just get water.

16. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you lived a sheltered life where you weren’t allowed to drink fizzy drinks and was told they were really bad for you?

17. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I like flavored sparkling water more than soda. I’ll drink soda if offered but I usually just order water at restaurants. I like the ice brand shit they taste so much better. I like fruity shit

18. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Carbonated drink brands are dime a dozen in USA, your local grocery probably has its own knockoff brands.

In my place I mostly go for coke or mountain dew.

19. msbwhy

msbwhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't enjoy soft drink that much... I'd prefer water/tea/lemon tea at restaurant

20. Ruggit

Ruggit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the states, the majority of peoples favorite is pepsi or coke, however Dr. Pepper is the overall #1 I believe, since everyone generally has that at #2 behind the colas. I know Dr. Pepper is a staple in the south, much more than the colas, and in my life its the safest choice I suppose. As a kid, sprite was #1 for me, and I also very much enjoy some root beer. Other than that, any bottled sodas with Cane sugar (natural, good sugars [not good for you in large quantities, ofc, just better than synthetic/processed]) Like Jones [CRAZY carbonation] or IBC are always some of the best quality drinks. Finally, about your statement on Fanta, I'll credit my friend for this but some of their tropical flavors are very good, if you already like their orange. Specifically you should try their pineapple, its pretty damn good; not just a 'oh a different, worse tasting fanta'.
    FUN FACT: Dr. Pepper has a superhero story you can watch on YT, detailing the crazy cola wars between Coke & pepsi, and how all of the smaller, 'specialty' sodas acquired one another to become a competitor. Currently, they are owned by Keurig Dr Pepper