Discussion If you got transmigrated, would you want to go back to your own world?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by LeniSnow, Nov 28, 2022.

1. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's say, you got transmigrated to your ideal world, whether it's a novel, manga, game, etc, but no you're not the protagonist. If you accomplished enough task and gather power or energy would have enough to be able to come back to whichever time you got transferred of so no one in your life would know you have gone missing, saving heartaches from your loved ones. But then as you accomplish your goals, you're much more exposed to risk but also gains enough rewards to protect yourself. Risk life. To go back? Or stabilize your sense of belongingness and quality of life in your current world?

Would you do all of you can just to go back to your original world and come back to your family and friends. Let's do say you have loving family, parents or parent and great friends.

2. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on my relationship in this other world .. It's choosing before close family and other close family ...

If I could visit and keep my skills in both world 100% yes

sjmcc13, missluna, Gitami and 3 others like this.
  3. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    I would stay and live a simple life as a hermit/farmer.
    I don’t see much reason to go back. Although I won’t go in the first place, you would need truck-kun to isekai me.
    Basically just stay in one place and hope no one can move me.

4. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not, I have few enough close family/friends that whatever relationships I build in the other world could quite likely outweigh them.
    But a lot depends on that "ideal" part as well, if it would truly live up to that word it would have to be a lot more interesting than this world for me, though probably wouldn't be any kind of "story" world.

5. elideli

elideli keepin' an eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    I would 100% stay there. Rip to my family and friends I guess but even if I'm not the main protagonist of the ideal world (which let's be honest is probably for the best) stuff like having superpowers or simply the opportunity to craft an ideal life from scratch would far outweigh the cons of not going back to this world ever again.

Tsago, missluna, ReaderReader and 3 others like this.
  6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    It really depends. If the new world also has internet, movies, novels, good food, good nature and all that, and I'm also rich, I'll stay there. If it's some medieval age, I'm going back, thanks.

7. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    I will return if my sister is still here. Not to mention all the unfinished manga, anime, games, etc. They will be my reason and power to return. Especially my sister.

Traveling Chef and LeniSnow like this.
  8. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm.. I guess that if my close ones have already mourned me I wouldn't go back, I do not think that it's for their best if they saw a dead person come back to life

elideli and Traveling Chef like this.
  9. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    probably stay, I've gone through many transitioning experiences in this life already and I've grown to adapt and come to terms with the given situation. the thing I hate is the transitional period, so once I got used to living in the other world the chances of me coming back are slim to none.

elideli likes this.
  10. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d want to go back, I love my family too much

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    stay~
    basically move on~ but maybe this cat somehow will back later for reason unknown~ maybe this cat will become a novelist or any fiction story creator cuz this cat have quite a story to tell no? beside the mental skill or such can affect this cat to certain extent which maybe good or bad on long run~ not to mention the other possibility~

Traveling Chef likes this.
  12. inquisitive_68

inquisitive_68 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First if it's with system it's a no no I'll just be a ghost... But if it's just a Transmigration after death where you know the story (or not?) i might just start a new.... It's not like i don't have family or i don't love them. but for me what's gone is gone.....(i even have someone i love) but death will come eventually no

13. CherryVodka

CherryVodka Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes since I do not think that I would be able to survive in another world, novels should stay as novels

14. Today Also I Chug Vinegar

Today Also I Chug Vinegar It helps me digest reality

Reading List:
    Link
    I would not want to come back
    Letting go is very easy for me la~

15. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    This is really a no-brainer. Obviously I'd stay in my ideal world. It wouldn't be ideal without the people I love in it, so obviously they'd be there with me too and there'd be no reason to return.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  16. Yasi

Yasi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I got transmigrated I would be the side character that dies before the story starts.

missluna, Cutting_bamboo and elideli like this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigrated? As in... Possessing a person from a different world?

Oh, I'd totally want to go back. Like, I'd be taking over someone else's life. There's no way I'd be okay with that.

Reincarnation or being transported to another world though? Sure, I'd gladly choose to remain in my perfect dream world.

But if it comes at the cost of possessing someone? Then @HELL NO. Let the person get their body back. That's not my body and I'm not keeping it.

missluna likes this.
  18. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could be going into a corpse. They lived their life so no need to return.

I am going to stay and just periodically send gold back or if I only have one chance then send a lot of gold (or copper) with a letter or stone tablet saying isekaied, love and hugs kthxby.

19. msbwhy

msbwhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i get better life then i will never go back :blobhyperthink:

Cutting_bamboo likes this.
  20. ShadowAscetic

ShadowAscetic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I wouldn't bother to finish all those tasks to gain energy in the first place. I'm a salted fish, as long as I have stable food supply, nice housing with plenty sunlight, and fast internet connection, then I won't go back. Although I would occasionally miss my ten years friendship with my bestfriend but I think she would understand me 'cuz I know she would do the same

missluna and Cutting_bamboo like this.