Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that recklessness was testimony to Maxi's naivety/lack of experience. And it was a plot device, without it we would see Maxi only waiting&praying. I guess some people don't read books at all.. its common to see reckless/not so smart decisions made by characters so the plot isn't boring.

Bluecattea, Asias, emdl07 and 8 others like this.
  2. athena1979

athena1979 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @EnterYourNickname and @Ames2021, honestly, I wanna confess that both Maxi and Riftan are reckless. Although Maxi's thrice reckless than him. Please, stop blaming her! For, waiting for your either husband or boyfriend or son who have joined the war, is genuinely stressful and depressing. We have no idea whether they are still alive or aren't. I don't directly blame Maxi when she sneaked out from the monastery then joined Ethylene Castle war. It's also stated that the monastery doesn't wanna accept more people, anymore. Many people who wait for their family were being sent back to their hometown. Riftan might lose the war if Maxi went back to Anatole. He also would lose his best comrades and knights if Maxi didn't help him.

Bluecattea, Asias, emdl07 and 6 others like this.
  3. emptycan_princess

emptycan_princess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    joining the discussion, i personally dont think maxi is selfish either. to me she is just that innocent. not knowing how the world spins, and Riftan is the only person she rely on to. the only person that tought her what happiness is.

some readers do give harsh comments, either its for maxi or riftan. but really, both are just having so much going on in their lives. i hope people would read it trough, and finished book 1 & 2 + side story of Riftan POV.... if possible, then making comments. but then again the differences between reader opinion is what makes the discussion dynamic isnt it ?? :blobwink::blobwink:;);)

Bluecattea, Asias, sendyv and 7 others like this.
  4. honeybuttergarlic

honeybuttergarlic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. MARSEA12

MARSEA12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maxi was reckless following Riftan to war, I never saw her selfish doing those decisions and she would been dead worried and anxious if she didn't got new news about Riftan how he was doing, she disguise herself as a priest she wanted to know if he was okay and wanted to help. Every wife, mother, sister and etc. would be worried if their loved ones to war and don't what to do if they didn't hear the news and if Maxi didn't did what she did all of them could been dead even Riftan.

6. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  7. honeybuttergarlic

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 205 is up.. Richt vs Uslyn
    Nooo :cry: .. im too sad to even give a short comment :cry:

Asias, FionaBlack, emdl07 and 10 others like this.
  9. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the gothic-style letters are sometimes tricky to read. Hope this help:
    4: Kingdom of Whedon
    5: Bolose Royal Knights
    7: The Calypse Family
    8: Kingdom of Livandon

Those family/royal crest are very baroque in style (XVIII century vibes).
    Edit: interesting that Remdragon looks more like basilisk on the crest. Balto having image similar to Michael archangel hmmm :hmm: I'd never thought of that, not very nordic imagery, but can allude to their allegiance to old church.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    Asias, Primmrjss, sendyv and 5 others like this.
  10. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooo, if Kim Soo Ji "killed" even Uslyn, I would create a riot. I promise it :eek::eek::eek::cry::cry::cry: Uslyn isn't my fave but he is too valiant, gallant and beautiful to be killed then die :confused:

Asias, AlmaBerkana, MDE and 2 others like this.
  11. MARSEA12

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Usyln lost?

Sa12Ben18, hanwausus and athena1979 like this.
  12. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooo, so sorry, I have no idea why I feel like Uslyn might lose :eek::eek::eek::cry::cry::cry: However, I hope he were still alive.

13. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he lost to RIcht. He's not dead but he is badly injured.
    Im sad that Uslyn has to suffer like that.
    He has arm injuries and Ruth who is healing him also is not sure whether Uslyn can swing sword again after this.
    Maxi is so angry looking at Uslyn's head injury.
    Why KSJ .. why it must be RDK member? :cry:

Asias, emdl07, Primmrjss and 10 others like this.
  14. JosianeLoures

JosianeLoures Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick summary, Garrow asks to meet Ulysion after the confrontation with Serjour, Maxi wanted to accompany him, but Gabel and Garrow interrupt her, after all, the defeat would be even more bitter if the knight saw the lady.

Maxi continues to watch the other matches, which aren't as interesting. When they call Rich everyone is excited, but Maxi is surprised when she sees that the challenger is Ursuline.

Ursuline fights very well, his sword is 3 times faster than his opponent. When Ursuline finally slashes Rich's arm and everyone thinks the match is over, Rich keeps his sword in her wound and hits Ursuline in the head several times with the hilt of the sword. In terms of strength, the northerner is more threatening.

Then the northern pig diagonally hits his arm. The match ends and Maxi runs to the arena, if he was healed as he was, the knight would lose arm movement. She stops the priests from healing and Ursuline is carried out of the arena to preserve him arm. When she arrives at the infirmary Ruth has followed Maxi and deftly treats Ursuline.

Riftan asks if the knight would have problems wielding the sword, which Ruth replies that she can't be sure. Riftan leaves and Maxi follows him and the chapter ends.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  15. Selina-may

Selina-may Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks to your short summary :);), hope Kim rabbit will posting a spoiler for us.(y)

Asias, emdl07, AlmaBerkana and 6 others like this.
  16. honeybuttergarlic

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope Ruth uses the "troll recovery" magic. Uslin was severely hit in the head several times, and his arm was on the verge of amputation. Riftan gets calm when he's really angry, but he's very calm and calm now. Like the night before the storm.

17. JosianeLoures

JosianeLoures Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The summary was really quick, I hope @kim rabbit brings more information. I have an event to go to at work, unfortunately I can't go too far so as not to be late. :(

18. hanwausus

hanwausus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ksj added a few more lines. Riftan goes to Richt's side and Richt asks "How's your dog?"

SinFulHun, Asias, emdl07 and 9 others like this.
  19. MARSEA12

Reading List:
    Link
    Riftan is going to have a very tough duel with Richt, I hope Riftan defeats Richt.

Asias, emdl07, sendyv and 6 others like this.
  20. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ames2021, perhaps Kim Soo Ji lets Uslyn to be wounded in order to save Riftan, indirectly. I'm super grateful to learn, he is still alive. Hopefully, his injuries would be able to be cured. @JosianeLoures and @Ames2021, thanks for your spoiler.

Asias, emdl07, AlmaBerkana and 4 others like this.