Discussion Luo's Book Club (C-novels)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by luoxinle, Feb 2, 2022.

?

What novel should we read in September?

1. Cannon Fodder Fake Master Was Stunned After Being Reborn

2. Source Of Calamity

3. Outrageous

4. The Legend of Sun Knight

5. No vote

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh , it's still the same novel as September.. may I recommend a short story that's completed ? :blobsip:

2. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, October is going to be a no novel month, since I still haven't gotten my laptop fixed and so much time has gone by. However, yesterday I was able to borrow a laptop from a friend, so we will have a novel for November, which will probably be a short one.

Feel free to suggest short stories!

3. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Our next novel is I See You! Join the discussion thread here: ISY discussion thread.

It's only 15 chapters, so I hope a bunch of us will join the discussion!

Next month we will be back to voting. Thanks for sticking with it through my technical difficulties!

@amilhs @asriu @AsteriaHenituse @Avgust @ChocolatChan @Eccentricstate @elideli @ExiledMage @Glass Shard @Issis @Kaylee @LazyWalnut @MacDanMc @Mental waifu @MsEliteNEET @mYboiS @Nana24 @Neverthelessilu @ReaderReader @rialm @Szara @ToastedRossi @writtenforcup

4. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    How are people enjoying this month's novel? We have a lively discussion at the ISY discussion thread. Come join us!

It is time to vote for our next novel!

Our options are:
    Sewing Machine Love Story (27 chapters): a BL novel about a CEO looking for a kept lover, and getting more than he bargained for when they fall in love
    Rebirth of the Pampered Wife's Daily Life (28 chapters): a BG novel about a CEO and an actress who have very little contact - until they are reborn back to high school and get to know each other
    After the White Moonlight Came Back, the Stand-in Fell Into Unemployment Crisis (31 chapters): a BL novel about a stand-in who misunderstands his lover's true feelings for him vs. white moonlight
    That one rich fan of mine (36 chapters): a BL novel about a great actor who wishes he could be an e-sports player, and a great e-sports player

@amilhs @asriu @AsteriaHenituse @Avgust @ChocolatChan @Eccentricstate @elideli @ExiledMage @Glass Shard @Issis @Kaylee @LazyWalnut @MacDanMc @Mental waifu @MsEliteNEET @mYboiS @Nana24 @Neverthelessilu @ReaderReader @rialm @Szara @ToastedRossi @writtenforcup

elideli and ReaderReader like this.
  5. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    My vote is for After the White Moonlight came back:blobmelt:

6. elideli

elideli keepin' an eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    These all look kinda fun! I voted for the first one but I might give all of them a try since they're so short. o( ̄▽ ̄)d

7. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    They may come back for a second round of voting another month, so let me know if there's another one you want to read with the group!

Make sure you vote in the poll at the top of the page, since I have no way of knowing if comments are duplicate votes! I use comments to decide whether to keep these novels for another month, but only the poll is used to decide what to read this month.

elideli likes this.
  8. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to chose between these two, they both seem interesting but the " Sewing Machine Love Story " is shorter so I'll vote for that one (voted)
    How do you always come up with so much new short stories ? :blobmelon:

luoxinle and writtenforcup like this.
  9. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, can I join?

luoxinle and elideli like this.
  10. elideli

elideli keepin' an eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    Door's open! I'll leave @luoxinle to do the official intro but there probably won't be a problem :) Just introduce yourself and tell us what you like to read, do you have any favourite tropes? anything you don't like?
    Also make sure to read the rules post to see how this works ^.^

luoxinle and hypersniper159 like this.
  11. hypersniper159

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks.
    I like romance novels, but I tend to love action/adventure stories. I usually enjoy Villainess Reincarnation books also, although I haven’t found one that’s over the top amazing, yet.
    As for which tropes I like, well it depends more on how the author uses them rather than focusing on the tropes itself. I really enjoy analyzing how the author forces things, either with world building or plot, and how the characters interact with each other.

elideli and writtenforcup like this.
  12. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! @elideli already did a great job welcoming.

I'll just add that this is a low pressure, chill, read what you like, skip what you don't (or don't have time for) group. I do ask that members try to vote every month, but I always include a "I'm not voting this month" option in the poll, which totally counts as voting, so no pressure to pick a novel if you can't decide!

You are also welcome to browse our old threads and comment. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm always happy to discuss a book again, even if it's been a while since I read it.

Some announcement posts that you might find helpful:
    The first post - this explains all of the rules and how things work around here
    The 6th month post - this makes some major announcements including a zoom meeting, how novels are chosen, etc.

13. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    We have a tie. Folks who voted, please rate your choice and the other choice 1-10. I'll add the ratings up and choose that way, since I think some people would like the other one, too. If you haven't voted, now's your chance to be the deciding vote!

14. hypersniper159

Reading List:
    Link
    I rate SMLS 4/10 since it has the tsundere and misunderstandings tags which I’m not fond of.

I rate “White Moon...” 7/10, it seems decent.

luoxinle likes this.
  15. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
  16. GodkiL1ler

GodkiL1ler GHOST

Reading List:
    Link
    I m in late joining

17. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! Please introduce yourself. What kind of books do you like reading? Any favorite genres, tropes, novels, etc.?

18. GodkiL1ler

GodkiL1ler GHOST

Reading List:
    Link
    I like scientific or martial art or transmigration type novels

Favourite novel : Ranker who lives a second life

luoxinle likes this.
  19. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    It's that time again! Please vote in the poll for January's novel. Our options this month are:

First Love Choose Me, I'm Super Sweet - a BL high school romance
    Lemon Lightning - a BL university campus romance
    He's Mine, No Objections Allowed - a BG entertainment circle romance
    Spoil Your Wife Like Your Life Depends On It - a GL entertainment circle romance

Our novel this month will be a medium length at 60-75 chapters. As usual, try to vote every month, even if you're just selecting the "I'm not voting this month" option. Thank you!

@amilhs @asriu @AsteriaHenituse @Avgust @ChocolatChan @Eccentricstate @elideli @ExiledMage @Glass Shard @Issis @Kaylee @LazyWalnut @MacDanMc @Mental waifu @hypersniper159 @MsEliteNEET @mYboiS @Nana24 @Neverthelessilu @ReaderReader @rialm @Szara @ToastedRossi @writtenforcup @GodkiL1ler

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    elideli likes this.
  20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hey anyone compile the list novel that been picked here?