Spoiler Chaebol family genius director

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by aqouze, Dec 6, 2022.

1. aqouze

aqouze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Authors: 산경(山景),MountainView
    Raws:
    https://novel.munpia.com/332164

Description (mtl):
    Hong Gil-dong's father was a public official, and my father is the chairman.
    Hong Gil-dong asked for Ho-ho, but was rejected, and I refused my father's request to call him father and just call him Chairman. And my half-brothers don't even know I exist.
    Hong Gil-dong, who was rejected for the favor-bearing sentence, ran away from home and became a thief, but I grew up in abundance without much difficulty with the ample money my father handed over to me, and became a broadcasting PD instead of a thief.

Description (from me):

Shin Changjoon, a 2nd generation Chaebol and outcasted from the family. His father is MK group's president but he is walking in a path of film director in one of the small film company. Shin Changjoon never show it to his colleague about being related to the MK group but it does not matter because Shin Changjoon will setup the best film making company in the industry. As of now, he need more experiences and more ground works.

------------------------------------
    Actually, I'm confuse with the mtl description because MC's name is Shin Changjoon.
    so I added the short description from myself...

I discover this novel while trying to find the novel written by author of The Youngest son of Sunyang.
    Then finish reading all the 40chapters(free) with mtl. It has similar vibe to the Youngest son of Sunyang in term of making money. But this will be how to make money from film making. It's pretty fun read too. And I cannot find anyone notice this novel yet. It already had 90chapters and release it daily.

*Since it is mtl, some spoiler may not be accurate
    *From reading first 40chaps

Shin Changjoon is 2nd generation chaebol. His father is MK's group president. And seem like he is an outcasted from the family. (May be mistress's son or just outcasted son)

Shin Changjoon is assistance director in the film company for 3years. He has talent but so far he only get to do trivial task that does not help with his directing career. He also has monthly appointment with his mom where the mom will give out 10million won in cash. (Mom doesn't do bank transfer when give him money)

Shin Changjoon describe his mom as beautiful and very good at making money. One call from her can bring Gangnam real estate broker and financial people run up to her. She is not satisfy when Changjoon said that he need to stay 7years as assistance director before becoming director, like it was some customary.

Changjoon also not satisfy with it but he had plan. He show some superb movie script to his company and the company want to sign contract with author. However, Changjoon just introduce Kang Jiho, a representative who hold script's right instead of actual author. The author does not comply with the request to meet and work together. Kang Jiho said author is very rich. It is just hobby and he won't care about the rest. Thus, the script can be mend as how the company feel like which mean the condition from author is pretty good. Good quality, cheap and not picky.

But this author has one difficult condition. Shin Changjoon must direct it because the author is a fan of Shin Changjoon's movie from university. And if the company does not accept it, he will go sell it to MK's broadcasting station instead.

So the company is on edge. Shin Changjoon has 0 experience in scene directing so the movie is expected to fail but if they let the script go to MK's broad casting station. It will be year end program and MK will took all the rating. Company will try to persuade Shin Changjoon to negotiate with the author but Shin Changjoon does not comply. Then they end up with the contract that if first 2 episodes is not good, Shin Changjoon will give up the director position and resign, and Kang Jiho's company will also compensate with the cost.

Then behind the scene, it will show that Shin Changjoon is the owner of that Kang Jiho's company. And Kang Jiho is Shin Changjoon's friend. They setup the company together with the aim of being best film making company. And the script is supply by Shin Changjoon. Kang Jiho will ask if the script is written by Shin Changjoon but Shin Changjoon said it's not him. (It is still unclear who is the author up to chapter40)

Now as Director, Shin Changjoon got 1 famous actor and 5unknown actors from theater. The drama will be name as "Escape"

The company always think Escape will fail but it end up better than expect. Shin Changjoon also think of how to put ad in every episode, he is able to maximize the benefit from every screen and very good at screen planning so he is able to reuse which reducing the cost.

One of the ad is also the work with MK's online shopping site, and stuff from MK's mall. Shin Changjoon somehow contact Shin Ji-young. The vice president of MK Media to get the ad. He somehow called her sister. From the mtl content, I guess they are half brother/sister sharing same father but different mother.

Most of other family members in MK will see the ad when it is on air but won't know the director behind it is Shin Changjoon.

Changjoon made it look like MK contacting his company without Changjoon's interfering too.

At the year end award, Shin Changjoon end up with best director's award in his first film and as youngest Director who ever got this award. So Shin Changjoon's father (and probably other family members) learnt about him being the director.

Shin Changjoon's father. The MK's president who saw the news, call to meet with him after the long time. Shin Changjoon's did mention that this father never actually care about him before. And he called his father "Chairman" instead of father.

After the meal, the father also saw Shin Changjoon came with cheap and old car. So he ask if Changjoon want new car as a congratulating gift. Shin Changjoon rejected, saying the current car is appropriate for his age and his social status.

Shin Changjoon - MC, 2nd generation Chaebol and outcasted from family with director career. He was mention to be handsome due to his mom's beautiful gene.

Shin Pilho - MC's father. The president of MK Group

Shin Ji-young - MC's older sister (half sister?). The vice president of MK Media.

Shin Changsik - The eldest son of Shin Pilho (MC's brother? half brother?). take care of Chemical division. (No mentioning of the position yet)

Shin Changyong - The second son of Shin Pilho (MC's brother? half brother?). The general manager of the MK's distribution division.

Shin Changbae - The third son of Shin Pilho.(MC's brother? half brother?). The general president of the media division.

Kang Jiho - MC's friend from university. CEO of the representative company for the hidden author.

There is also small appearance of Sunyang phone ad in the drama that MC work on too xD
    I think from the timeline, it is where Jin dojun is already a president.
    Because Sunyang represent Samsung...so it's probably samsung phone
    And Jin-dojun is 10years old in 1987.. he get to be president of Sunyang's group around 3x years old... so if author use 202x as the current timeline, then the president is Jin-dojun

after reading more chapters, Jin dojun seem not to be existed in this story, just Sunyang.

But the novel name “the youngest son of chaebol family” will be in the story and be made a drama led by MC

Mtl from this novel is also not really readable like his previous work so I guess the author has some writing style that is difficult for the mtl. I also do not have access to paid chapter so I really hope this novel get pick up for translation soon.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    Rumby likes this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. amazemerlinmagi

amazemerlinmagi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did you mtl it?

4. aqouze

aqouze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I screen capture shot by shot then pass it to google translation.

I can code so I wrote a script to do screen capture for me, but passing the pic to google translate is still manual.

Actually, I successfully purchase more chapters and did read them a bit more.
    This novel is also fun to read, it's more like managing a movie making company.
    The focus on finance is strong. :LOL: I kind of like it.

But I lost the willpower to continue the mtl so I will wait for actual translation

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024