Discussion Studying

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sevenlights_lu0, Dec 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. sevenlights_lu0

sevenlights_lu0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not good at studying, but luckily I have very kind, understanding, and smart friends.... But now I am a burden ! !

Sometimes when I don't understand I ask friends to help, but no matter how much they explain I still don't understand. My head is hollow like a walnut shell, maybe if you yell at me loudly you will be able to hear an echo.

How do you ask for help when you don't understand? I can't even help myself because I don't know what I don't understand ! ! I feel bad when they explain many times so I say I understand and go home to google later, but Lo ! This incredible discovery from humanity, the digital era, still cannot solve stupidity ! Truly there is no medicine of the dumb.

Do not console me, my intellegence is a fact of life, I have come to accept it. Information flows through one ear and out the other, I read without understanding, hear without listening, and see without sight. Where are you my brainless friends? What have you learned? How do you get help without becoming a burden???

2. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Here ~

sevenlights_lu0 likes this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    by making checkup on medic officer~ is it physical issue, mental issues or who know what~
    anyway for subject this cat not understand this cat only goal for standard pass score~

4. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    Try YouTube you can find great videos explaining the very basics. Otherwise, go sentence by sentence in the textbook and question why this line makes no sense and write it down. Google the question, or ask your professor, and try to make a picture or a flow chart out of it.
    Or just memorize everything

5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It'll be all right if you just accept that you are differently unabled. :blobpeek:

But seriously, being bad at studying doesn't necessarily equate to being dumb (for the record, I'm not saying you couldn't be dumb, too).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  6. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    ......well— as the above users say...

Well I hope you pester you friends more and if possible close that one ear when listening to what they say....what? I used to it too

My teacher was tired of me giving nonsense and he told me this and I believed it— anyway it worked....IT REALLY WORKED OKAY?!

7. 7456

7456 « Ready-to-melt »

Reading List:
    Link
    I invested in a review center. I chose one that really discuss the subjects like the audience has no prior knowledge and that helped me in solidifying my foundation. It is still hard sometimes but I found it much easier than before.

8. frrama

frrama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Different people learn well in different ways. Perhaps you can Google "learning styles" and it might give you some ideas? - although I wouldn't or put too much stock in what you find, because a lot of this falls into the realm of pseudoscience... but you might still benefit from some suggestions for study methods that work better for you than what you're currently doing. Pictures/diagrams might help you more than the written or spoken word. Memorising things via mnemonics. Taking notes, personally changing information from one format to another (e.g. summarising what you learn from a diagram into prose, or vice versa)... there are all sorts of things you may not have already tried. Just because what you're doing right now doesn't work for you, doesn't mean nothing will ever work for you.

At any rate, since asking your friends isn't even helpful, maybe do less of that? Even if they're honestly happy to (try to) help, it's probably not healthy for the friendship long-term, setting up the roles where they're the "smart" ones and you're the "dependent" one.

9. sevenlights_lu0

sevenlights_lu0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this what they call the placebo effect? Maybe it really will work? Like doing a handstand when having hiccups? I'll try this remedy recommended by you.

Come my friend, one day we'll achieve something incredible. Maybe if we all put our heads together, the knowledge will be retained; just like how if you cannot cup water with one hand you use two.

Are there any specific channels you would recommend? I have good memory, I will do as you suggest and try the memorization route.

You are right, I do not want to become the vulture of the group. My own problems should be taken into my own hands, I will work hard to find the learning method that will work best.

Esha07 likes this.
  10. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Well do tell if it works~

11. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    “Organic Chemistry Tutor” is good he teaches math, physics and (general and organic [not inorganic]) chemistry. But it’s best to explore yourself you can find some really good ones. For example, I found this video talking about eye correction with lens that is really good from another channel. His other videos are really bad and even gives out wrong information.

12. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    When intelligence is low... Charm and strength should be high.

Join a strip club. You can become the stripper or the bouncer... very lucrative.

13. PeanutButter and 23 others

PeanutButter and 23 others Purple Platypus Bear w/ Pink Horn & Silver Wing

Reading List:
    Link
    There's dying in studying

Do you like cooking?