Spoiler My husband who abandoned me suddenly became obsessed with me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rika77, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Reiujii

Reiujii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more spoilers about the Prince please

2. belle1996

belle1996 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Jung-shi

Jung-shi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler!!!!!!

4. Sema98

Sema98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Silver_Owl

Silver_Owl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Wangjia

Wangjia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Begging for spoiler :blobsob:

7. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just a classic common fantasy romance melodrama trope in every story about Aristocratic Drama Junkie Couples:
    The indifferent neglectful cold Husband and the ever suffering insecure Desperate Housewife...
    Both idiots have some sort of shameful secrets or issues they can't tell each other.

These two fools are for the sake of melodramatic corny whiny conflict written very dumb, immature, incompetent and incapable of actually communicating with each other. If they do, there wouldn't be a silly edgy angsty soap opera tale at all.
    On top of that, the ML Husband is so easily forgiven and relieved of his shitty behavior because the authors give us the cheap perfect excuse that he has been controlled, threatened, blackmailed, drugged, brainwashed or was just ignorant for good reasons that his wife has been very abused/mistreated by everyone.
    A Bigger Asshole appear as the true evil antagonist that will make the ML look much better, sympathetic, misunderstood, heroic and blameless in the eyes of the FL & us the audience...
    There are now countless novels/webtoon following and depicting the same illogical cliché trash storyline.

To be fair, the Harlequin Romance Novels already overused the plot about a Tycoon Alphahole accusing very stupidly childish the virginal innocent victim FL for being a gold digging homewrecker she-devil whore... So rich and so dense...

If I combine all the toxic romantic titles I've seen so far:

I THE WIFE DUCHESS FAILED TO ABANDON AND DIVORCE AND RUN AWAY FROM MY HUSBAND THE DUKE EMPEROR TYRANT WHO WON'T DIVORCE ME AND LET ME GO PLEASE AND SUDDENLY IS OBSESSED WITH ME.

TOXIC CONSERVATIVE TRASH DRAMA

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    Pipi1989, Turbostop, sovokop and 7 others like this.
  8. Yuma28

Yuma28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Puhahaha XD

9. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Historical Fun Fact:

One of the first ever published English Feminist Novel 'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall' by Anne Brontë where the artistic Wife/Mother Protagonist leaves her alcoholic cheating Byronic Husband AND becomes happy without him :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tenant_of_Wildfell_Hall

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  10. Animefan649

Animefan649 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler pls

11. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this look like one hell of a drama

snzzykitten and bee90 like this.
  12. agus97line

agus97line Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What was her mother reaction after finding out that she was her real daughter?

bee90 likes this.
  13. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember much of this novel, just these details.

The story is taking place in the 5th timeline.

FL died 4 times:
    By killing herself with the dagger, that was the 4th timeline, when ML was accidentally poisoned by FL and it's the only timeline he remember
    Not long after giving birth to trash prince's kid because she let herself die (she was wasting away :blobcry:)
    I think another time was by drowning in the palace's lake/pond or something like that? I'm not sure...
    I don't remember what her 4th death was...

Disgustingly, I think he tried to encourage her to at least live for the kid, like what he did in the CH 53 mtl above, when he said that she might already be bearing his child and thus shouldn't be irresponsible :blob_coughblood:
    If I remember, that was during the 4th timeline.
    It didn't matter if she was pregnant at that time, because no matter the timeline, it was a rape baby, she didn't want it and couldn't take care of it because of what happened :blob_coughblood:

The hourglass worked because the prince wasn't dead, he was in a coma in the previous timeline were he was accidentally poisoned. FL wanted to commit suicide by poison. So it's possible that in the other timelines, he was in a coma too? I'm not sure :blobsweat_2:
    But one thing's sure: the hourglass only work if the owner is still alive.

ML and trash prince will see what happened in these timelines and how she died thanks to the high priestess of the temple.
    See, that hourglass kept in itself "memories" of what happened in the timelines, and the priestess have the power to see and show that.

ML was shocked when the priestess first checked the artifact and told him FL died 4 times, and the priestess was shocked too. I think she even teared up.
    She showed him the hourglass' memories, and if I remember, he cried?
    ML remembered the 4th timeline up to his poisoning, he didn't know what happened after because he was in a coma.

I think it's after learning this truth, that ML will have his regrets and try to do what he can to not let trash prince get her :hmm:

And because trash prince wouldn't listen if ML spoke to him honestly by telling him something like "watch these memories and see how FL's life and death was because of you", he was tricked with something like "hey, don't you want to see what FL will be like in the future?", if I remember well?
    He agreed, because he was curious to see what she'll look like in a few years, and was shocked too when he saw that in every timeline, there was no happiness, she always died, there was absolutely no happy end, and it was always his fault.

That's what made him give up on her, even if he was still in love, because he understood that no matter what, there will be no happy end if he kept pursuing her.

As for the mother, I think she wasn't forgiven? But since the father was abusive toward her too, FL was more lenient with her, which is why she let her see her children.

And good, trash prince who became emperor didn't have a happy marriage, since it didn't take that long for it to already creak :blob_grin:
    But yeah, that's not a satisfying ending for such a bastard :blobangery:

I also remember that ML found her living near the school she was studying art after escaping the palace (a woman - I don't remember who she is - helped her, she also convinced FL to trick the trash by "making him believe he was succeeding in seducing her", poor FL was disgusted by the idea since she hated him, but knew she didn't have much of a choice and had to bid her time.

She lived under a false name and was happy, she made friends and studied art, something she always wanted to do, and was pretty good at it.

ML knew things would get bad if trash found her, so he stayed with her, by dying his hair black, to be less recognizable and be close to protect her.

He was surprised that she lived alone, whitout a maid, and did everything by herself: cooking, taking out the waste outside so that it would be collected by the town/city's services... He didn't know that's how commoners lived, since it was what she basically became: a commoner.
    She let him live with her under her own rules: he do chores and the likes, like she do. And since he never did any chores, she had to teach him :blob_grin:
    I think part of why she agreed was because they talked about trash, and she understood that she would be able to protect herself alone.

In the months they lived together, they got closer, dated, and even had their first night, but he was upset when he learned not long after their 1st time, that she would leave for the neighboring kingdom to pursue her studies in art, not telling him about that, saying that she played him. She admitted it, saying that it was her revenge for what he did to her, by abandoning her and leaving her with the trash.

After a little while, they end up reconciling and apologizing, since they both were in love with each other.

Her father will die of sickness in jail, and from what I remember, he will stay unrepentant.

FL's mother went to jail too, for child abuse, one of the charges that FL's father got too. But since she was abused by her husband and was sick, she got a lighter sentence, partly thanks to FL's pity. She pitied her mother, but didn't forgave from what I remember, even if she didn't hate her anymore.

FL's father got charges of child abuse, wife abuse, but also charges for complotting against ML, if I'm not mistaken.
    I think he plotted to destroy ML's family since it was an enemy family, because both families were at odds for a long time...

Of course, what I just wrote is from memory, so I might have made some mistakes :blobsweat:

But yeah, despite what FL went trough, she got better, became more independent and less shy, as the mtl of the epilogue above implies :blobsmilehappy:

Still, from what I remember, it's a good thing that only ML remember the 4th timeline, discovers what happened in it after his poisoning, and is the only one (along with trash prince and the high priestess) to know what happened in the 4 timelines, because it's likely she would have been even more traumatized if she remembered the 4 other timelines, given what happened :sweating_profusely:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  14. Book Lover Slytherine

Book Lover Slytherine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She screamed like crazy and then started to suddenly love Fl. The Fl didn't forgive her and refused to see her. She spent her whole life in remorse and only get to meet her before her death. The Fl didn't forgive her but when mother was dying, she gave up her resentment against her mother.

He was very obsessed with her. And I felt the author was too much biased towards the second prince. He never got punished for what he did. Yes. losing mc made him insane but mc suffered more.
    Even in the current timeline he got married to someone who loved him and ended up happy too. I hate this, why a rapist deserves happy ending? He should grove in remorse.

Well, my answer would be no. She did get a happy ending comparing to her previous lives, but she never got compensated for what she suffered. Even in this life, she got sexually harassed by the second prince. Forcefully kissing and groping her private parts. Making her caged. The Ml threw her towards the 2nd prince, and it was a nightmare! Though he remembered everything, but it was late, he already broke the engagement.

To save her, he purposely made false remarks as mc was the illegitimate child, so she can't marry the prince. She had to face slut shaming, rude remarks, her father's shameless greed. If I was in her place, I could not bear it! Though the Ml grove in remorse, But the Fl suffered more. Like the abuse she got, was traumatizing. Then the male protagonist insulting her, harassing her. It is fearsome. Poor Fl! But at least she got a happy ending!

Well at first, he pitied her. Then when he remembered the tragedy, he was like I had to save her. It was pity, not love. His pity turned into love when mc remembered her previous lives. She left all of them and went away. Before leaving she wrote him a letter saying she was sorry for killing him. (She didn't mean to kill him. She was trying to die in front of him, but the cup mistakenly got exchanged. So, the Ml died.) She told him to forget her, and she doesn't resent him. She said she was going to find her own happiness and hoped to not bother him anymore.

It hit Ml. He was ready to receive her hatred, but she didn't give a chance. His heart was so painful that he realized that he always loved her. It was never pity, but love. Alas! He didn't realize it earlier and made her suffer so much. I wish he realized it first, Then the Mc wouldn't have to suffer.

15. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for adding more details, I didn't remember that she ended up remembering her previous lives :blobastonished:
    But as I said, I don't remember much of this novel :blobsweat_2:

Still, no wonder she left as soon as she could when she remembered everything, poor FL :blobsad:

And true, she never was truly compensated for all her traumas, and the mistakes ML made :blobangery:

Things might have turned out differently if he was fully aware of what happened in the 4 timelines earlier :blobtriumph:

And yeah, that prince is a monster and shouldn't have had a happy ending :blobangery:

16. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The end wasn't satisfactory. The second Prince should suffer more. But he became the emperor? What bul*sh*t. Did he even say sorry to FL? Well not like a sorry is gonna change anything. And what happened to FL's dad's mistress? That bish too

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  17. NuniOk

NuniOk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just reading all the spoilers already made me pity FL. Thanks for the spoiler.

What a garbage human being the trash prince, stupid ML, ugly family.
    I'm sorry, but the author is really unfair with FL. FL just get a little happiness in the end with no proper redemption for all the garbage human being including ML. So frustrating

Hikaro12 likes this.