Spoiler I Was Deceived, Betrayed, and Executed... Who Can I Believe?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by CreativeCriticalThinker, Dec 6, 2022.

1. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    00.jpg 0.jpg
    Author: Bano Sakaki

Associated Names

Damasare Uragirare Shokei Sareta Watashi ga... Dare wo Shinji Rareru to Iunodeshou?
    I Was Deceived, Betrayed, and Executed... Who Can I Believe?
    騙され裏切られ処刑された私が……誰を信じられるというのでしょう?

Synopsis (MTL)
    Betrayed by everything I believed in, I was beheaded as a sinner. I should have died... but for some reason, when I woke up after I died, I was back in my childhood. Hey, I was betrayed, can you trust those betrayers? You can't believe it. A young lady who was betrayed and executed throws everything away and acts in order to be free.

Summary
    Sherry, is the daughter of Duke Lucial, who was decieved, betrayed, and executed by her beloved family and crown prince. Despite this, she again, became the fiancée of the crown prince before she knew it?! She met a beautiful adventurer who foresaw the ruin. Escape with the strongest friends to avoid ruin!

Original Web Novel
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n3344fi/
    Fan-Translated
    https://comiko.net/series/95383
    RAWS
    https://gaugau.futabanet.jp/list/work/5e706f497765616ed4060000
    https://mangabubu.co/マンガ/騙され裏切られ処刑された私が誰を信じられ/

Opinion

I personally find it interesting that the reincarnated MC branded as the hated Villainess in the OG Timeline actually shortly runs away/leaves everything behind instead of staying, there is a strong mother and son duo adventurers Kana & Kiria and the dynamic of this found family trio.:) You may as well called them a quartet, if you include the mystical wolf Kohaku. ;)
    If it wasn't wasn't for the English Translation, I wouldn't have guessed that the woman Kana is the young looking mother of Kiria but his tall older sister. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    From Novel Chapter 59 - 67 Sherry reveals to the wholesome Mother & Son Duo Kana & Kiria her previous traumatic life and tells them what exactly happened to her. And after that she gets touchingly comforted/consoled by them & the fluffly white wolf Kohaku.

Turns out, we have another carricature of a very delusional narcisstic spoilt sadistic White Lotus Bitch Saint overspending the taxpayers' money on a grand lavish lifestyle and with the help of her foolish husband King Arther (MC Sherry's trash ex fiance) they easily frame MC for the country being in financial ruin. Can't really tell yet, if she typically used charm magic to brainwash the aristocratic/royal boys or that Arthur & his entourage are just stupid scum assholes simping for Jamie the Holy Maiden.
    According to the Novel CH 67 MTL Sheery was also abused, tortured, raped and experimented on (due to her special mana body) before being publically executed/beheaded.

Holy Maiden Psycho Cunt Jamie's Disgusting Quotes :mad::blobangery::blobdevil::blobastonished::blob_coughblood::
    "Wow! What are you doing? You're just getting in the way! I'm the main character today! You should be jealous of me and regret it! Look at me. Isn't that a nice dress? You're a ragged prisoner I'm a dress.You're dirty, but I'm beautiful.Also, you're a sinner, but I'm a saint, a daughter of a marquis, and a queen.Because you and I are in completely different positions.I understand. ? Also, you disrespected me as a saint. My true love lies with Arthur. I just give other men the love of a saint."

The saint, who was pleased with the reaction of those around her, pushed her chest up and clapped her hands together, then smiled at me as if she had come up with something good. I felt a chill run down my spine from that distorted laugh.

"Ah! I came up with a good idea! I'll let you act as a saint's love instead of me. Isn't it nice? I wonder how kind I am! I'm a saint's substitute, so I'll make you look neat only at that time. Give me love instead of me.

"Eh... what are you talking about? Why, why did you falsely accuse me and humiliate me, trampling on my efforts! You took away my fiancée, my family, my status... that's all. You're not satisfied with that, and you're even trying to defile my body...then please punish me with the death penalty.

"Well, it's not funny. And calling the saint's act of giving love unclean, it's a punishment. You have to pay for your sins in order to gain God's forgiveness, right?"

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    Riev, kalia, your crush and 1 other person like this.
  4. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That novel sound pretty interesting, too bad it seems it's unfinished.

And damn, poor Sherry went through hell :blobcry:

I've read the chapter 69 of the novel, and it looks like the prince remember the previous timeline, or is at least aware of it through dreams.
    He understood that what he saw when asleep was both a dream, and not a dream, because if it was a normal dream, he wouldn't remember it, but he do remember, so he understood that what he saw wasn't a normal dream.

And he's so disgusted of what he saw in his dreams that he was sickened.
    Here's the mtl of this part to show what I mean:

But yeah, too bad we don't know yet if bitch used charm magic on him or not, and if she didn't, then Arthur was just a moron in the previous timeline :blobunamused:

Riev and CreativeCriticalThinker like this.
  5. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the usage of the stock characters 'Hyperfeminine Fake Saint White Lotus Bitch with incredible Charm Manipulation Ability + the Idiot High & Mighty Ex-Fiancé Crown Prince' getting easily brainwashed' is getting very old and annoying.
    I understand this is the typical standard of the Japanese and Korean FanRomRe Genre but they still could try to do/write things more differently.
    Don't wanna see the same conclusion where the Two Dimensional White Lotus Villain gets blamed for everything and also gets the worst cruelsome punishment of all shitty trash characters. And the common plot twist also doesn't help: She was the fake or just a tool of the hidden real Big Bad Guy scheming to take over the empire or destroy the whole world...
    It's getting very frustrating repetitive for consumers who already read many other stories with the same tropes/clichés.

Do you have any idea why female antagonists/real villainesses often get the worst humiliation and most horrible death in this genre?
    Is it because they are far more scarier than angry stupid white scum manchildren?
    Funny, considering many male characters are actually more dangerous, harmful, threathening and intimidating than any women living in a patriarchal medieval regency conservative fantasy world.

Riev and kalia like this.
  6. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, that's an old trope, and to be fair, mental manipulation isn't something that a normal person can easily brush off, which is something I remember seeing in every story with this trope. I don't remember any prince or the like being immune to brainwashing in these stories...

The princes have a high statut, but they're "normal humans", so brainwashing is easier when they're facing a fake lotus.

And even for non-normal peoples, like magicians, or any magical creatures, brainwashing might be harder to do, but it might still work...

I think I have an idea for why villainesses usually get a worst ending yes, and you pointed it out: patriarchy.
    Basically since the beginning it was seen as a bad thing if women have too much power, and the worse ending for women in stories is a remnant of that "teaching" ingrained in peoples since long ago.
    And yeah, it also looks like it's because they're scarier than stupid manchildren. After all, these women are cunning and use their power for themselves, no matter what it takes, while the guys are "just" scum...

Men can be as manipulative as the lotus bitches, all the toxic stories proves it, "but hey, he got a sad story and he's handsome, so he's forgiven" is such a classic in these stories :blobunamused:
    I don't think there's much stories with role reversal of these tropes, but it wouldn't be good either, because it would still be a toxic story.
    And yeah, it's hypocritical, because even if women can do horrible things, men are usually way more dangerous, given that most of the settings are in a patriarchal world.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  7. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    I may assume that the female authors writing these specific stories have internalized misogyny and also sexist bias against other girls/women. Now that I think about it, there is so much hypocrisy and double standards in many FanRom Novels.
    Some infamous White Lotus Archetypes like Rashta or Angela (Angelic Lady) come from a very abusive lower class background and their sad past isn't given any empathy at all. So the murderous abusive toxic cruel violent elite tyrant gets more sympathy than an abused rape survivor with an huge trauma using any means to get a better safer life for herself.???
    It is a cardinal sin for any female to disrespect/harm the FL... but super attractive straight high ranking men are allowed by the narrative to be very mean towards the Heroine.... :blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless:

Historically women with smarts + power were always the ('evil') disrupters, while men were the convenient heroic defenders of the status quo.

There are two shitty emperors behaving like overprivileged mastermind trash unaffected by a white lotus girl.
    One is the ML who is easily forgiving by the Petutlant Girlboss FL and the other one the Main Antagonist that the Calm Cunning FL clearly sees as the real enemy:

Alexander (I’m Divorcing My Tyrant Husband) + Kaiden (In This Life, I Will Raise You Well, Your Majesty!)

Even though I find the journey of Sherry, Kana, Kiria and Kohaku quite interesting, I am disappointed that the Two Faced Holy Maiden Jamie is very likely the main perpetrator responsible for the unjust execution of the MC.:blobupset:
    At least Sherry abandoned her home country without any hesitation which indicates that she blames everyone involved for her demise.
    Hoping the people from her old life are/were still pathetic assholes even before being charmed.
    The King Father of Prince Arthur seems to have ulterior motive to begin with not to let Sherry escaped to other countries.

Riev and kalia like this.
  8. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think your assumption might be right, especially since Asia has the reputation of being more conservative about women, thought things are changing little by little.

These women are badly seen because they usually trample over what the heroine possess, often snatching her fiance to reach their goal.
    Basically, they "play dirty", and peoples don't like that.

But true, it's hypocritical that when a woman antagonise FL "it's bad", even if she's of high rank, but a high ranking man can do that, either because there's ML who can back her up if she's weak and it's an antagonist, or it's because it's ML himself that he can do that (enemy to lover trope for example).

But yeah, smart and powerful women were usually seen as evil disrupter, while men were "heroes".