Discussion Desmotivation and too much to study

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mifried, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Mifried

Mifried Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there, how are u?

I have been going around for a week since i have the final exam soon but im too tired to try.
    I mean, I studied very hard but my nerves got in the way while doing my exam so I have to do another one, I know the whole thing since I specially liked this assignature but right now, I want to sleep and read as many manwhas as I can get. I kinda did that the last days but im so...empty? dont know, tired and dont have the force to actually read my notes or even watch a video since I lost interest soon.
    Dont know what to do, I want to rest but in order to rest properly I have to do well in this exam. In order to do well I have to study, in order to study I have to have a fresh mind but in order to have that I have to rest...
    The worst is that I really study hard so I know must of the themes and have a clear idea but having to demostrate that I know it too bothersome
    Any advice for this lazy soul?
    Or anything actually

Ahodesuga and Sumer Sun like this.
  2. ForeLeave Clover

ForeLeave Clover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When is the exam? When I feel like that, I go to sleep or do something pointless or useless, (basically anything that I shouldnt be doing if I'm smart) like playing a game or reading garbage novels. They empty my mind and let me get back to working with a clearer mind. So basically, unless you are really pressed for time, just stop studying and do something else before coming back with a better mindset.

Sumer Sun and Mifried like this.
  3. Mifried

Mifried Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its actually pretty soon, like in two days. U know? taking a nap doesnt sound that bad since reading didnt help to empy my mind.
    Thanks kind stranger

4. panda__

panda__ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend hitting the gym to clear my mind. I recently just started going and its really good just to help clear my mind and let me focus on other stuff. That way I sweat my stress out and come back to homework with a clearer mind. I totally feel u though, I struggle with the same shit, whether its reading or gaming to distract myself from hw and to procrastinate. My grades have suffered quite a bit due to this and I really have been trying to change it too. I started to going to the gym because im trying to become the best version of myself, its hard but I do recommend getting into it. Reading and hitting the gym both work out two very important body parts: your physical body and ur brain.

Mifried and Xxsafirex like this.
  5. Maggot02

Maggot02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I say you need soup. Have you ever heard of the saying "chicken soup for the soul"? I know from personal experience that whenever I feel down before an exam it is because I need more nutrients. Eat some fruit, drink some soup, avoid junk food, and get some fresh air. Don't be like me don't wait until you get hurt.
    This is mostly a reminder to myself but I hope it helps you too.

6. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get out and walk to air your brain a bit?

Even if manhwas and games are dear hobbies to you, you essentially don't change what you do after working hard studying. Which is being cooped up.

Physical activities and proper (early to lay down, get up once you've really slept the fatigue off, not on an alarm noise) sleep should help immensely here by relaxing you and giving you back the lost feeling of choice on how your spend your time.

Mifried and Xxsafirex like this.
  7. Xxsafirex

Xxsafirex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree with panda_, doing some sport does help to clear your mind.
    but i believe that doing anything outside of what you're used to would do the trick, like, close your computer for the day and go read in a library (yes real books), or take a walk at some nearby park even for 30 minute will probably help you get some motivation back

Mifried likes this.
  8. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just here to read the advice... Only, it's work, not study in my case. :bloborz: