LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure the armor is for Banda. Though he might accidently send them to everyone, since Van gets pretty erratic when trying to use dreams.

2. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like he intends to give it to someone whose dreams he enters, though. Banda is still just a part of him, so he probably can't do that.

3. Xrath

Xrath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would armor even do Banda any good? He's entirely made of fragments that should perform far better than just about any armor that Van could make him. I feel like armor would be more useful to other people, especially allies like Joseph and Hiroshi that don't have Banda constantly protecting them.

4. Jay Corridor

Jay Corridor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, practically it probably wouldn't be useful to Banda. But it would be funny to put him in a magical girl outfit.

Baldingere and Xrath like this.
  5. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Omarglal

Omarglal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't seem to recall van's kid hatching yet. . . Did they offscreen that?

8. tds

tds Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoshi has covid so is catching up on chapters while recovering/quarantining

9. Omarglal

Omarglal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel terrible for thanking covid for a second........

10. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    apparently.

THey also offscreen him actually getting the muscle technique. So we don't know how he pulled it off or how it's different from Zod's. It was stated before he needed to learn his own version as Zod's exact method of vibrating muscles and generating lighting wouldn't work for Van.

I'm guessing it's either using the demon king muscle fragment or some application of null magic to substitute for the lack of physical muscle. But we won't know until it's use is described.

11. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought so, just wasn't sure if I missed something. Thanks.

12. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now most wait for fight with gods and may get annoyed if to much distraction is added. So, many things are skipped. May be here will be after story chapters with past events? We will see after end of story :)

13. Xrath

Xrath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized that the plan that Rodcorte and Alda's faction came up with for sealing Van makes absolutely no sense lol.

Putting aside the fact that they most likely wont even be able to force Van into a state where he would be a valid target for the descended Rodcorte to seal, I don't see how he could possibly manage to seal Van's soul before he makes himself into an undead.

It's like they all conveniently forgot that Van is perfectly capable of fighting with just his soul, he wouldn't just be helpless before someone like Rodcorte, who isn't a competent fighter by any means. I mean, Rodcorte flinched when a weakened Zuruwarn bit his finger, there's no way he would be able to endure the pain of Van's god devouring attacks, which are known to be significantly more painful than normal attacks. Even inflicting light damage should provide more than enough time for Van's soul to escape and become an undead, basically rendering Rodcorte useless for sealing Van.

I get that Rodcorte is arrogant, but does he really think he can handle that?

He's really just planning to waste his power and serve himself up on a silver platter lol.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  14. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if Van is straight up overpowered and killed in combat then his soul likely wouldn't be able to put up too much of a fight by itself. I don't know if Rodcorte can grab his soul before he manages to make himself into an undead or something but the story seems to act like Rod can manage it?

15. Xrath

Xrath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While that does make sense, I feel like it's worth noting that the only one's we've seen really believe in the plan are either mostly ignorant to what Van is really capable of, or Rodcorte himself. To me it feels like all of them are both underestimating the level of resistance that Van could put up (even while beaten and exhausted), and overestimating the amount of pain that Rodcorte can endure while he tries to grab and seal Van's soul.

Though to be fair, like you said, if they somehow manage to beat basically grind Van into chunks, soul and all, Rodcorte could reasonably grab Van and seal him before he manages to recover enough to make Rodcorte flinch and turn himself into an undead.

It's still a super shaky plan filled with holes though, especially since even the smallest mistake could lead to Rodcorte exhausting himself by descending, only for Van to escape and have his soul completely recovered in a matter of months.

16. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in terms of pure stats where does Van stand on the adventurer rankings? Rock seems to think B-class based solely on his grocery shopping habits. Now he gets an all attribute buff skill.

18. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The speculation on Rod's plan is already moot, since Van's been killing himself in combat since that Noble Orc raid back in Mirg. He shifts his vital organs into Spirit Form, he shifts his spirit into physical space, and has even perfected his ability to turn his actual body into soul destroying shrapnel, they aren't going to be able to get him before he goes undead, because he won't be dead enough to have the need to go undead.

Eddy andres likes this.
  19. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick response, long ago I passed the minimum S range. these are usually supposed to be over 10,000 in most of their stats, but that's at the start.
    At this point I would say that he is stronger than the leaves and Randolph, although more or less in the same league as Tyranny Storm (not individually, but as a group, it is an uncertain fight, they have cooperation above Heinz and his group and each one is stronger than himself)

Two factors must be taken into account.

an S rank is measured more by their abilities, which at the end of the day are the most important thing, they open up more possibilities for you and are the ones that guide your work, which in turn influence your statistics. an S rank must have more than two awakened abilities and at least one with double awakening.

second and most importantly, rank S is not a kingdom, rank S is a humane way of catering to those adventurers who are in a kingdom where the monsters they are going to fight cannot be defeated with numbers, and if we look for a way to express it, they are already monsters that without being gods can be said to have rank in the army of the demon king, the personal troops of evil gods or leaders of hordes.

20. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is basically in DBZ levels of power now. He can, by himself, destroy a planet. At that point there isn't much point in measuring anymore.