LCD Debut or Die

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Dec 31, 2022.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Link to NU page: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/debut-or-die/

C1: Those 10 and 100 attempt achievements look dead easy, especially if there's no requirement for him to wait some arbitrary length of time between attempts.

I wonder what counts as "debuting". If its as simple as being heard by a few thousand people simultaneously, then he could just start a YouTube channel. With a bit of self-promotion and the cheat abilities granted by the system, he'd "debut" in under a month. The only real hurdles would be equipment costs. Though, depending on his situation, that may be insurmountable.

Also wonder what counts as an "experience".

C3: I wonder how many achievements he got in those ten days.

C4: ‘Yeah, let’s keep it instead of throw it away.’ lol.

C5: Ugh, system lotteries are such lazy writing. They instantly drag down the quality of any story that includes them.

Well now, with a status like that, the MC should absolutely try to recruit Seon Ahyun to start a boy band with him or something.

C6: "However, I should avoid being close enough to the point where we would both pick the same team because I could be criticized for my personality by arguing." Why wouldn't he want to be on the same team as the guy with the super status? Yeah, it would take some work to fix his self-esteem, but that would actually be great for the camera, would help the guy out, and would make him a very valuable connection for the future. Not to mention making the team section a near guaranteed win.

C15: Honestly, this really reminds me of Fiona Apple's take on Pure Imagination, but more exaggerated.

C16: "This is the problem with covering the latest hit song by the most popular same gender idols." I'd honestly been thinking this since the song was chosen, but it felt like the author was planning to ignore it.

‘I can’t always be lucky.’ That is blatantly false. You will always draw exactly what you need in order to trivialize the next obstacle. Its why system lotteries are idiotic and lower the quality of every story they appear in.

That aside, I wonder if he can spend points to upgrade acquired characteristics.

C17: Well, if they're looking for an underdog, then Lee Sejin the actor would probably be who they focus on, but he's not the protag. Though, viewers may also not realize that he's an underdog due to him already having a fanbase.

C18: "I was worried that it could become an internet meme" Why be worried? At this stage, becoming a meme is fantastic news.

C20: "All the donations amount must be announced" That doesn't feel like a realistic expectation for the more popular streams... (not saying production team wouldn't make this request, that is realistic, just saying its realistically unreasonable)

C21: "At that moment, the screen turned black." lol. Great timing.

C26: "[This participant has been noted for his outstanding dancing skills.] ‘Moondae isn’t in 7th place either!’" rofl XD I love that his #1 fan already knows its not him based solely on that ;)

C32: That's evil, but totally believable.

C42: "You would have done it too

└ㅋㅋㅋYou hit with facts" lol.

C43: "the fact that it was pretty made it even more annoying." lol.

C44: "I won’t shamelessly order an expensive menu like beef.” lol. Someone's a bit bitter ;)

C45: If they've got a history of stalking already, then what good would a warning do? I can't decide if the police are lazy, or if the stalkers are well connected.

C52: "Her voice just passed me by, ten million won… After deducting taxes, it would be around 780,000 won." That's some really serious taxation. I wonder if its a typo.

C57: “If you’re grateful, buy me a cow.” “…Let’s pretend this never happened.” rofl. Someone's still salty about the beef request ;)

C58: "And some fans had begun to look into third-party accusations against the haters through their own lawyers." lol. That feels a bit extreme. Not unbelievable, just extreme. Though, in my own country, they wouldn't have the ability to sue on someone else's behalf.

C63: I get why he did it, but he really should have just picked Gold 1. Short term aggro is worth less than a long term teammate.

C64: "If you don’t win first place on the music show within the time limit, you’ll die" What music show?

I wonder how much say they have in what activities they do. I'm kinda betting on "not much" with a side bet on "none".

C67: “It’s the magical girl.” lol. That definitely feels like a desperation move ;)

Its really unfortunate that he's going to have to drag this incompetent moron to the top of the industry.

C76: Hopefully the security at the signing event will be better than at the debut of Magical Boy.

C79: I wish this level of incompetence in upper management were less believable...

C85: "– Do anything else except drawing" lol.

C86: I kinda hate Loviewer, but maybe it sounds better in Korean.

C87: They really do have a s*** agency. I wonder how hard it is for them to break their contract and go someplace else, and if there would even be a point in doing so when T1 likely has the power to crush their careers.

C90: I wonder if he's completely given up on getting his refrigerator. Also curious why none of his fans have noticed that fridge's absence. It was a fairly big deal when he got it, and there's a significant number of them that are obsessing over his eating habits, so it feels like someone would have asked about it by now.

2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    fridge-kun never appears qwq
    I've only read to 100+ though

jacobpaige and sakyuya like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't realize the new translations passed the old ones, and by a decent amount too. Good reread it

jacobpaige likes this.
  4. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel taught me how crazy Korean K-Pop fans are...

jacobpaige likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "the situation with the apartment where the zombie apocalypse broke out was a big hit during the pilot." lol.

"the idol who was trapped in the past" I wonder if the author is screwing with us, or if this is actually going to be a thing.

6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Kpop fans are crazy everywhere

sakyuya likes this.
  7. Amaruna Myu

Reading List:
    Link

I'd like to ask an important question because you have read the chapters and slightly reviewed them

do you know which chapter is it where moondae goes around in a puppy mascot costume?

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If you mean the puppy mask or the puppy pajamas, then I don't remember. If you mean an actual mascot costume, then it hasn't happened yet.

9. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its the time when they were taking pictures of the billboards that the fans paid for them, I think its the last one before the finals

10. Amaruna Myu

Reading List:
    Link

hm... I'll try taking a look at chapters 90-110

yep I'm referring to that part

I'll go see where is the finals arc, thanks!

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, then it would be sometime before chapter 63, based on what I posted in first post. I don't remember exactly what chapter though. Just that the event I'm referring to in that chapter happened sometime after the one you're asking about.

Amaruna Myu likes this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Park Moondae was originally supposed to be super successful and Cheongryeo stole his future somehow. Possibly by killing his parents?