Spoiler For my deleric favorite/ For my abandoned love(?)/버려진 나의 최애를 위하여

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by SueVal, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh so the new side stories are a prequel?

Nishichi likes this.
  2. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg I was waiting for this!
    I can finally see that damned wedding ring!

3. mayairreal

mayairreal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For 5 side stories release today, yes.

But with they release this new cover, I wonder will they add more? As they need more chapter if they will turn them into the 5th new ebook version later.

That damned wedding ring in the new cover I mean. :blobjoy:

4. KristinaMariaSara

Reading List:
    Link
    I ran to open naver.
    I read them all.
    I feel so bad for small Cael :blobsob:
    He couldn’t even stay with his parents until the end…he matured so fast…

I would like to see a young Uross in the manhwa version :aww:

5. mayairreal

Reading List:
    Link
    He even know he must do his parent's job that early. :blobsneeze:
    Glad Cael still has childish side as his age when he wants to play with Heli. :aww:

I like the way Uros, Chloris, and other servants team up to protect their master to success his position in the future.
    The author inform if Uros doesn't marry as he wants to focus on Cael.

Nishichi likes this.
  6. KristinaMariaSara

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think he is married. Where would he get the time? :hmm:
    the only one he could marry could be Chloris ahhaaha

Cael must be truly blessed. Usually, children in his situation would get a guardian that acts as “regent”. It’s a miracle that relatives didn’t stretch their claws on little Cael. Where they all dead? Ahhahaah

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    Minaeli and Nishichi like this.
  7. phamtasia

phamtasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I feel so sorry for Uros in the first TL. He must be so depressed and dejected after they found Cael dead from suicide. :blob_teary:

8. mayairreal

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though Uros and Chloris not married, they look like old married couple. :blobjoy:
    Glad little Cael surrounds by everyone adore and protected him.

Uros and Chloris try their best to fill parent's figure for Cael. Other servants also support Cael as they know how adorable he is. So, no wonder they sad about what Diana had done to him and welcome Hestia who saved Cael as their marchioness in the current life.

Elisee, snzzykitten, Minaeli and 4 others like this.
  9. KristinaMariaSara

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that at the same time he resented Diana

10. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new cover is beautiful too :aww:
    The artist is amazing :aww:

Ooh, looks like the theory that God did indeed punish Diana by taking back the holy power he gave her might be right :hmm:
    After all, Uros is speaking, and we know that authors can "speak" through their characters, so the author gave us a hint there...
    I also suppose that it might even be God's punishment to Helios if his marriage with Diana failed...
    That lend even more credence to the theory that God did bring Hestia in this world to save Cael and have them get a happy end :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    At least, that's what I think :blob_grin:

Mi shiru, BananaChi, Elisee and 8 others like this.
  11. WannabeCalliope

WannabeCalliope Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @mayairreal

This is true. I guess it helped that Hestia was also upfront about her intentions and her plans for Diana and Helios, and that she is unable to hide her expressions when she’s around him (despite not knowing what Hestia’s actually thinking, Caelus is very intuitive when it comes to her). I mean, she did ask Caelus if he’s alright with it (her plans for the royal couple), and he’s just like, do what you want. As for giving his all to Diana, to be fair to Caelus though, it’s what you do when you love someone. And the thing with Duke Orcus wasn’t solely done for Diana’s benefit, rather the outcome just benefitted Dianna and for Caelus, it was more about hitting two birds with one stone. But Diana didn’t see it as that (looking back at it, this is an early sign of her narcissism, thinking that Caelus did it solely because of her, when it fact, he’s thinking more about the political unrest it would cause the Empire).

Ultimately, this would circle back to how Caelus has grown comfortable being himself around Hestia. He didn’t have to pretend to be warm and sweet, he could be cold and aloof, and Hestia treats him the same way and likes him as he is.

That’s what I thought too! Because they had ‘coffee for Hestia’ situation first that’s why I’ve interpreted it like that, since were always told that Caelus is sharp. I was imagining that Helios’ is perhaps looking at Hestia differently perhaps Caelus noticed this, that’s why he remarked that he’s drunk. And true. As someone who he once considered a love rival, Caelus is probably more sensitive to Helios’ tells when he’s attracted to someone. I guess that’s why he stormed to the Imperial Palace in a jealous rage when he found out that Helios visited Hestia when he was away (because he thought Helios was being sly hahaha).

Mi shiru, Elisee, Minaeli and 6 others like this.
  12. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What exactly is she being punished for?Leading up a friend and showing his back to him as soon as she gets what she wants?Being entitled?Guys,its a serious question because I already saw so many manwhas of shitty saintess that do way worse and still keep the powers:blobsweat:

Creolenerd likes this.
  13. WannabeCalliope

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the summary! I hope this gets a translation as well! Or be included in the manhwa as flashback.

mayairreal likes this.
  14. KristinaMariaSara

Reading List:
    Link
    the side story is Uross' POV.
    When Cael was 5, the empire was haunted by the great plague and many commoners and nobles died. We can say that is similar to the black death.
    At that time Uross was the butler's assistant and just graduated from the butler school. He was aroung 30.
    Little Cael lived separated from his parents in the annex, his mother just died and the marquis was ill as well.
    In the end the marquis died and Cael became the new marquis at 5 years old. The butler taught all he could to Uross and asked him to protect the little lord, as he was the last hope of illion. The butler is infected and dies too.
    Uross is left with a young child, a lack of servants, and a big land to manage. He tries to manage everything but soon he realizes that he is tired and has to take care of himself because he is the only one who can protect Cael.
    He contacts madam Merope (Helios' nanny) and ask her for help. Merope recommended Chloris as nanny for Cael.
    Uross goes to Chloris house and tells the whole story adding the "pitiful" card. Chloris feels bad for little Cael and accepts the job.
    The next scene is very tearing: in the evening, Cael is taken to the dinner room for the first time as the lord of illion. Uross is worried because Cael has to withstand the pressure of being surrounded by so many adults but little Cael knows that now he has to act like his father and puts an indifferent face. He handle the situation with success.
    (i wanted to cry here)

One day Uross goes to the bank to pay the taxes and meets Letona's nanny. Madame Pomona asks Uross to become Attica's butler as Duke Orcus' land was severely damaged by the plague.
    Pomona enfatizes that Illion had less damage from the plague but was hopeless because its lord was just a child.
    Uross refuses. He doesn't like Pomona, who dares to talk to him as if she was the duke but can't disrespect her because Pomona is powerful.
    Uross refused but he is still worried because he doesn't know how Pomona will take his refusal. He confide what happened to Chloris.
    While they talk, little Cael appears. Uross is still worried for Cael. Cael doesn't express his emotions easily but for the first time Cael tells Uross that he wants to play with Helios. Chloris and uross are overhelmed by Cael's angelic face. Chloris says that they will write a letter to the crown prince while Uross starts to sweat because he doesn't have the authority to write a letter to the royal family but he remembers that madam merope is Helios' nanny.
    the next day he writes to Merope and she arranges the meeting.
    While Cael and Helios are playing, Uross asks Merope if Pomona could retaliate at his refusal. At his question, Merope tells him to not worry because the reason why Pomona dared to approach Uross, wasn't on behalf of the duke.
    Merope tells everything about madame Pomona to Uross.
    It seems that the duchess is weak and Pomona who was Letona's nanny, acted on behalf of the duchess. Pomona became greedy and started to boss around the high society, while hiding behind Letona and the duchess.
    Uross realizes that Pomona is just an idiot who has forgot that she is just a servant and that the power she enjoys comes from her master.
    Merope adds that the duchess found out what Pomona did and punished her by sendind her to the northern part of Attica, and that the reason she approached Uross was because Pomona wasn't able to manage the disaster that Attica was.
    Merope's story strenghtens Uross' beliefs.
    To him, a servant must be humble and never forget that the power a servant enjoy, comes from its master. The moment you cross the line, karma will bite you back and madame Pomona was the proof. Uross thinks that everyone was born with a role assigned by god and that their destiny was decided by the Lord.
    That's why Uross made the marquis servants' discipline stricter and put the wellbeing of the little marquis as the first priority.
    Many years later, Uross comes to know about the appeareance of a girl blessed by God with healing powers. Uross takes the news rationally and thinks that there are similarities between a priest serving god and a butler serving nobles. He prays that the god's grace will last for a long time.
    The side story confirms that Diana grew up in an orphanage managed by the temple.
    At the same time, the story confirms indirectly that the reason why Diana lost her powers was due to her arrogance.

15. mayairreal

Reading List:
    Link
    In this case, God gives her healing power to use for the poor / everyone, but after married, she uses it only (exclusively) for imperial family, so The God takes back her healing power.

MianneChan, Mi shiru, Elisee and 7 others like this.
  16. WannabeCalliope

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, it's probably because of the entitlement that got to Diana. To be fair to her, she's not initially a bad person. I believe she was genuine in wanting to help people because she's good. I see her arc as a character as someone that fell from grace though (although it's also the environment around her that made her do so). What I mean by that is she let the praise get to her and eventually thought of herself as innately 'special' and that's why she was 'specifically chosen', instead of seeing it as having powers is what made her special in the first place. And honestly, I cannot blame her, because it's just human nature. It just goes to show that even those who think themselves righteous are bound to make mistakes or can be imperfect. However, instead of learning from her mistakes and adjusting her worldview and adapting to her new position, she insisted staying in her high moral ground and holding onto her flawed beliefs.

17. mayairreal

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the one who connects Uros and Chloris is a salon madam. Uros just remember Madam Merope after he met Pomona and talk to Chloris while Cael wants to play with Heli.

18. WannabeCalliope

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the summary! *cries* Poor baby Cael. Thank god for competent butler Uros, who is also a good judge of character.

19. KristinaMariaSara

Reading List:
    Link
    @mayairreal
    no wait, you're right. The salon madam is another person. Maybe she is Harmonia's predecessor.
    I read the raws again.
    It seems that madam Merope visited the butler academy years ago for a special class. She gave a business card to a young Uross, who was praised for his excellent qualities and told him to keep it carefully.

mayairreal likes this.
  20. mayairreal

Reading List:
    Link
    Uros get Merope's business card when he is still in his school days as butler.