Spoiler 어느 날 아빠가 나타났다|My Father The Possesive Demi-God

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by pastelroses, Jul 30, 2021.

1. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a type of love that spares no regard for mental health of the person they love. Much like many other romance tropes in KR novels.
    For example, most MLs that people adore are the obsessive type. People swoon over when ML gets jealous at whatever the male existence next to FL for half a second. This is narcissistic/manipulative type of behaviour, wanting to disinclude their loved one from society just because he/she doesn't want others to get close to her. This is very unhealthy type of behaviour but people love it. And if you think about it, you wouldn't want such a person to exist in real life. They'd be so exhausting to manage. They demand your time, your feelings, your freedom and if you fail to give into even one of those demands, the scenario somehow ends in a way that would leave you thinking that it's your own selfish stubbornness that led to this point. And seek forgiveness from the manipulator. This is a very weird sort of love. (more like obsession)

Honestly, what I'd call love is wishing the other party happiness, either it's with you or without. If they are happy with you, then it's all good but if they are miserable with you around, just let them go, let them find their real happiness. But this is too realistic for KR romance. They only adore obsession, emotionless cool faces and northen dukes.

ValReads, Popcrazy, Fostofina and 4 others like this.
  2. Blackcat95

Blackcat95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see a cover with male lead with black hair

3. Kawaii Panda

Kawaii Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When will the ML appears?

4. Reiujii

Reiujii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda don't like the mother... the father deserves to be with his daughters too

zozoshawky and DOHere like this.
  5. Selene830

Selene830 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers on the FL's mom, dad and sister? is there a ML? Is the Emperor a good or bad guy?

6. Nazanin1234

Nazanin1234 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the emperor a bad guy ? Does he want to use Clair like his father? I think he wants to scare her mom but obviously he wants something from her, so could someone give us some spoilers plz?

Nebula likes this.
  7. UneAmeSolitaire

UneAmeSolitaire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From latest chapter, we can see the emperor definitely has some kind of inferiority complex and wants to control the mc as he did her dad, he straight up exerting pressure on her while humiliating her dad in front of everyone, he’s absolute trash and he seems to be moving in the same tyrannical direction as previous emperor, I hope he is disposed of as soon as possible.
    Mc is strong and smart I can’t wait to see what she does in the future but god damn it are the updates so slow…

8. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers like who's the ml , who's villain, who's tara? Anything? :meowreachsobrev:

Please make one

princessbelle likes this.
  9. BreathOven

BreathOven Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really know why the author went with the decision with the new emperor, to me it feels...kinda dumb if i am being honest. or rather than dumb it feels like this story does not need it. i'd rather read a good healing story between the mother and the father while the MC also learns to also accept herself.
    I don't think this story really needs some big evil rude dude who didn't learn anything after the previous emperor got killed because he was a tyrant

10. fax3982

fax3982 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so from what I've read
    the new emperor isn't a bad guy. He's good friends with our possessive dad. This is only the second time he's used the power of command, (the first time by mistake, not sure exactly why but it appears to have been to prevent the dad from getting himself into further trouble by swearing to fermata adding more restrictions upon himself). The reason he uses it is because he wants to show MC the spell that he just used on the dad and the backstory behind it so that she's aware of the entire story and knows for sure exactly what happened as opposed to just having heard about it. The dad would never have allowed him to show MC all of this, which is also part of the reason why he used it.

11. BreathOven

BreathOven Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank god, it sure looked like he's gonna be the obligatory evil dude

12. zander99

zander99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone please spoil me what that room is in charge 18 ? And if the emperor is a bad guy

13. fax3982

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently the room containing the great magic that we saw restraining our possessive dad in ch17. It was powered by the MCs mother (against her will obviously), who was also one of, if not the most powerful magicians in the empire, with the largest amount of mana compared to her peers. The magic mentioned above took all her mana and turned her into a normal person for the rest of her life. The emperor is not a bad guy. Read my previous post

14. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did he take the mc into that room?

15. fax3982

Reading List:
    Link
    Refer previous post. It's better to show rather than tell. If you're gonna step into the realm of nobility with half-assed knowledge of your own parents situations, you'll be eaten alive by people who would feed you lies and deceit.

Nanashy, Mananan and Rose Nightingale like this.
  16. 3p1212

3p1212 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please explain more about how showing is better than telling?

1. Why would a smart and demi-god MC believe him less if he just told her about it?
    (If she doesn't believe it, no matter how much you show, she won't believe it anyway.)
    (This is the worst first impression. It's a significant risk that she will hate you for the rest of her life.)

2. Why does the spell need to be shown immediately?
    (Why would he risk his life for such an aggressive, insolent, and bossy act? Because if he really had good intentions toward her, he could calmly explain first. After that, although her father refused. He can't do anything anyway because of the spell.)
    (In the worst case, if her mother panicked and felt so much guilt that she committed suicide. The spell would disappear instantly and the king would become dead meat.)

It wasn't that she was going to step into the Realm of Nobles tomorrow. You have many years to tell her.
    Now there are some methods I can think of that are more reasonable and safer.
    1. Swears to Fermata that he will not manipulate her. (The fact that he didn't use this method would always make everyone suspicious no matter how good his intentions were.)
    2. Make her your kid's friend and slowly tell her a story, and if you really need to show it, you can secretly show it to her when she visits the palace later.

ValReads, Popcrazy, SoShy and 7 others like this.
  17. fax3982

Reading List:
    Link

So... there's a lot of points to talk about here besides those asked directly in the form of questions, and opinions on happenings will be involved... so I'll try and frame this as best I can...

Answers/opinions relating to first question
    It's less of a question of believing him directly and more a question of being able to build your own opinions upon seeing the thing itself. There's always room for doubt when it comes to being told something, especially about your parents, and given the nature of the "secret?" it's something that astariols need to know about. Keep in mind that the research on the grand astariol-restraint magic, while secret, is probably known to other high-profile members too, and recognizing such spells will probably be important for our MC in the future.

Answers/opinions relating to second question. A lot of this is facts mixed in with opinions. I don't have a perfect read on the situation either
    Specifically, the spell is no longer tied to the mother afaik. It used up all her current magic as well as all the magic she may accumulate in the future... it's bind is essentially permanent, which doesn't mean there aren't loopholes. Besides simply showing MC the exact truth of what happened, he also seems to wish to show our mom the effects of her wrongdoings on those around her. Her magic was used not just on MCs dad, but as part of many other nefarious deeds, for which the current emperor seems to harbor some resentment against her for letting her own magic go so easily. (she let the majority of her own magic go in exchange for getting her own name struck off the family register, and later lost to the previous emperor who used that magic against her lmfao)
    As for why it needs to be shown immediately, keep in mind that I don't expect MCs family to return to the capital for a long time. There's a distinct possibility that they don't return at all, so it had to be done immediately. Swearing to fermata... afaik that wouldn't work either because it takes a lot of power to awaken the bird, which now already has an owner (MCs dad) anyways. I don't think it's omniscient, nor is it capable of enforcing vows without external power.

Sara0jan, Minaeli, MiraJane and 5 others like this.
  18. Nidlx

Nidlx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So who’s the ML now ? I’m planning to read the novel as well but I need to know his identity first

19. 3p1212

3p1212 Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thanks for answering my curious question.

I agree that my questions are based on 18 chapters of Manhwa, so I ask you who read the novel.

Your explanation answers most of the questions and makes the story logical.
    I agree that there are always doubts when it comes to secrecy.
    But what he did was make the room much bigger from the start by targeting her child was not wise and evil too,
    No matter how many sins their mother committed They should not fall on her children.

I agree that he seems to have harbored some resentment against her in the past, But he didn't have to do it this way.
    It made me feel so stupid and childish to him for the king who is in a power for around 10 years. I don't think his aggression would make the MC believe his story much more than peacefully explaining and worth messing with your parents. (two dangerous people.)

I could be wrong. He must have had a very good plan and reason for doing this. And it might change the MC's destiny.

one more question.
    Will she do something cool in the upcoming episodes to help her stupid mom and dad or just the emperor let her see the spell and tell the story and go home?

20. fax3982

Reading List:
    Link
    nope. She just sees the magic, gets an explanation, faints because it has a negative effect on astariols (only astariols can sense its "negativity?") and wakes up in her dad's arms. Her dad explains his authority (MC has power over wind. Dad has the ability to mark things and own them... I can't explain it better because its scope isn't fully clear either) and asks her some very edgy but appropriate yandere questions "Did emperor engrave you or something? If so I'll kill him somehow with my power" that kinda stuff. MC de-escalates the situation and they all go their own merry way, the next chapters are fluff/filler. MCs sister gets mad at her for going with scary emperor, things happen, not very interesting or deep

As for the rest of your comments, anything I say past what I've already said would be pure speculation from my side. I'm also not that far ahead in the novel and relying on google translate + half day frequency free tickets from kakao

Sara0jan, Minaeli, DOHere and 14 others like this.