Spoiler EX rank supporting role's replay in a prestigious high school

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Reio, Mar 24, 2021.

1. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg you typed the whole thing yourself?! noooo T_T.

okay so go and get this chrome extension called Absolute Enable Right Click & Copy. Then open the same kakaopage chapter. Just click on the page 2 times (so you don't also copy the left and right arrows) on the first page of the actual chapter, and then just select all, copy, and paste to a text document or wherever. If you paste into a text document you can just click to open in chrome and google translate extension should auto translate it into english for you. That's how I made my mtls.

CTRL + A, CTRL + C, CTRL + V.

please don't waste your time and type it out T_T. After I found this extension I've been grabbing a ton of novels on kakaopage and it takes me like 2 seconds to get an entire chapter collected in a text document.

regarding your comment - I think this is the precursor of a big event that Euishin doesn't know about. Like previously the twins kidnapped Seong Guk-eon and now it's these 4 evil demons. And more variables will come soon that Euishin doesn't know because he's prevented a ton of the events and deaths already so the current future is getting harder and harder to predict due to all the things Euishin has changed. Since the original game lasted until the protagonists were in the 3rd year of high school, here there's no saying that will be the case since the black screen could just launch a final offensive in 2nd year.

What I've seen from all of these events is usually this pattern of Euishin coming up with a plan based on events of 'what he knows from Plamago,' then the enemy coming up with a stronger plan (e.g. higher ranked enemies in youth retreat, the totally unknown broadcasting assassination attempt, the harder difficulty for the christmas event, etc.), then Euishin revealing that he planned some additional contingency plans just in case, and then solving everything in the nick of time, like he did during the dragon palace scenario.

It's a common trope in fiction (just look at Harry Potter lol), but still fun because both sides are constantly trying to outwit the other, except that Euishin has a success rate of 0 deaths right now and that's a dangerous sign when he still doesn't know about the enemy's identity or comprehensive resources. I think the author thinks like Euishin and hates killing off non-villain characters (out of all the bad guys in the story only Choi Pyeon Duk was a confirmed death?) so no matter what, Euishin will end up saving everyone. :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  2. readerdreamer5625

readerdreamer5625 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, Choi Pyeon Duk is still alive. He's just suffering a fate worse than death.

Mashumello and Blossom_Honey like this.
  3. Mashumello

Mashumello Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'It's strange, somehow that member of the National Assembly is more than usual... … .'

In Do-cheol’s eyes, Seong Gook-eon looked suspicious.
    Euishin, oh Euishin~. Be careful not to sold yourself out and be recognized later on the line, hahahah!

& Thank you for the chapters guys! :shiblobmelt:

Dunno, is it to collect and concentrate evil on that land? Is it going to be related to using 4 Evil perils there, (uhmm sth not the Demon realm thing as it seems to be elsewhere), or is it sth to do with contaminating the ley lines? :hmm:

Um, Baekho is the only survivor of the Tiger clan (and Playable Characters) that is still moving actively and even broken through the seal...until the final chapter where he died.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Priar and Azurite Blue like this.
  4. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually so nervous. It really feels like things can go wrong now. Genuinely, ch836 kinda made me forget I was reading EX Rank, because of how different it was from usual chapters. Now the people to actually worry about are coming out. These demon people, that one guy who could forcibly activate other people's Gwangrim and probably others in the background. I really do wonder what Black Screen's goal is.

Things we know about the Black Screen:
    • Has a Killing Book
    • Hates SoG
    • Maybe wants World Domination?
    • Has long fingers
    Tbh, the fact his long fingers have been emphasised makes me laugh, like we barely know anything about this guy but the one time the author decides to throw us a bone, its about his fingers lol. It's such a weird detail, I just imagine he has Beldam's hands from Coraline.

[​IMG]

Bro, I thought I was mad taking screenshots and running them through the Papago app to extract the text, but to type everything up by hand is a level of insanity only the very desperate or the very dedicated do. Mad props to you I guess...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    qinjiu_, Priar, kjpo34 and 2 others like this.
  5. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Baekho was the last to die.

Chapter 278:

6. totallydontexist

totallydontexist Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm, actually, in the early chapters it says there was 2 ways to pass the final scenario, iirc they were running away (surviving) or dealing a certain amount of damage. That was repeated when Gye recollected passing plamago, where he says you'd have to be crazy to do the one other than running away. Uishin says 'no playable character gave up even until the end', I equate running away to giving up, which seems to be what the Black Screen is trying to force the people in his book into doing, or killing them off. It's just that Uishin personally refuses to acknowledge the option of making Baekho run away, if I'm not mistaken.

7. Mashumello

Mashumello Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In addition to
    • Languid voice
    • Good at hiding his emotions, only his fingers trembled when in anger
    • Never left his seat inside the space he created
    • Huge and pure evil
    • Full of malice, showed no mercy or forbearance
    • Subordinates were hit hard under his pressure mentally and physically in his anger while reporting failures
    • Could use Jin/symbol engraving to use his power from far away at any time, and share his abilities to his permitted subordinates, empowering them
    • Can summon high rarity Otherworlds without precursors
    • Can forcibly activate and use other's Gwanglim
    • Has enough power to shake the Cycle of Reincarnation and steal its secrets through Jin
    • Can share sensations and communicate with his subordinates through Jin
    • His Jin can be used as part of a poison for Jinjok
    • Can takes control over ley lines by engraving Jin and doing sacrificial rituals
    • Gives control of high divinity Jinjok's power to other subordinates
    • Replicate the Gwanglim from remnants of psychic energy of the corpse
    • Plants hidden fraud/evil influence on the mind of Jinjoks without them knowing what changed
    • Planning to activate a big terrifying array using the sacrifices named in the Killing Book
    Shxt;;; I may have unconsciously forgot that point. Yeah, right... Last Playable Character, umhm..

His death should be around the ending of the final chapter.
    Sigh... Rereading the 1st chapter, after better understanding the situation suddenly made me feels the grey crumbling world of Euishin. The time limit that was suddenly imposed on him, the pains and thoughts of death that are encroaching all over his body and mind...:unsure: The silence without signs of hope turning black and then red, before white envelopes him, giving him a chance to personally made his moves.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
  8. K3I

K3I Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah... So it really was just a complete BE. In that case, can Euishin really catch the Black Screen by the end of his third year in high school?
    I mean, I'm assuming it would end in his third year since this is an "EX rank supporting role's replay in a prestigious high school" and not including after graduating, right?

Actually, what would Euishin do after graduation? Somehow... It seems a bit hard to imagine.
    Maybe Euishin's unknown past will decide how his future plays out. And also how to beat the Black Screen.

9. K3I

K3I Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just noticed this as I was re-reading, but the Heavenly God can't afford to bless humans? Maybe the Heavenly God is suffering from some restrictions or is being held up by something... like the Black Screen?
    Anyway, the reason why the heavenly god only helps Han Yi and formerly Cheon Seongheon through talking to them in their dreams and not telling Jiho could be because of this?

10. readerdreamer5625

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably related to how the Heavenly God was already blessing the Tiger Clan. From how I recall this setting describes Higher beings giving blessings to those below, it always comes at a personal cost to them - that's why Sun Wukong's friends could only stay for so long, why Kim Shin Rok found the idea of Yong Jegun blessing him as soon as he became a god ridiculous, and why Thoth couldn't do much to save Jegal.

There were only two special cases to this I think. Kim Yuri's gods could get away with blessing her so much because there were so many of them that they could probably split the cost between them. And Eushin's Fate skill could lower the cost of blessings so much that the Dragons were surprised that giving him their scales didn't even cost as much as doing things through their shamans.

Azurite Blue and Mashumello like this.
  11. K3I

K3I Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, you are thinking of the gods directly intervening with the world.
    Since the clash between worlds, there has been a definite line drawn between the gods and the world, not allowing them to easily intervene in the mortal world.

There are restrictions to the degree which they can intervene, and descending upon the mortal realm (what Sun Wukong's friends did), was the most costly form of intervention, crossing the boundaries of the divine and mortal realm.
    Meanwhile, the reason why Kim Shinrok found Yong Jegeon giving him a blessing ridiculous was simply because he would not accept it, because accepting it would mean that Yong Jegeon could read some of his thoughts. Blessings need mutual agreement to happen, so it would be ridiculous for Yong Jegeon to give him a blessing if he didn't want it.
    Meanwhile, the reason why Thoth could not save Jegal Jaegeol was because he had already decided to sacrifice himself, and because there wasn't much he could do even if he intervened. The blessing was only to tell the truth.
    Meanwhile, the gods didn't bless Kim Yuri. They only interfered with her Gwanglim. She did not accept the blessing, so they couldn't give her one.
    As for Euishin, the dragons never blessed him. The Fate skill only lowered the cost of them interfering with the world.

Meanwhile, blessings are not very costly. They may only give blessings to people they like/take interest to, but as long as there is mutual consent, it's easy to bestow one. Jiho casually asked Euishin if he wanted a blessing before. And Seodol has given protection to multiple others and has a list of future blessing candidates.
    Even if they aren't higher beings, if there is a cost, there shouldn't be much difference between them.
    Also, the gods who interfered with Kim Yuri's Gwanglim all clamored for her to take a blessing from them. If there was a significant cost, there would have been some hesitation.

In short, blessing and direct interference with the world is different.
    direct interference with the world is hard, due to the line drawn between the mortal and divine realm, as well as multiple higher beings covering similar elements.
    If they are only interfering with one person through a blessing, it is less costly than directly interfering with the world.
    There seems to be little to no cost for bestowing a blessing, but there is a cost for directly intervening in the world, which most of the examples you gave were.

12. readerdreamer5625

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, did Eushin just use himself as bait again, with him having been such a good fake that the real Seong Gukeon was mistaken for the fake one? That sounds like the kind of suspicious plan he would do.

yuntaeyang, Priar, Mashumello and 2 others like this.
  13. Blossom_Honey

Reading List:
    Link
    This made me tear up a bit. It's so nice how they've just come to trust and rely on Euishin.

I am sitting here really nervous, like Euishin has probably accounted for everything but it feels like something will go wrong.

lmao, that sounds hilarious. Lets hope for his sake that getting impaled is not part of the plan this time. Otherwise he's going to receive a month's worth of Nok medicine and listen to Eunho's scolding with "that word" + hyung Extended Edition

chariella, JackSim, Priar and 4 others like this.
  14. readerdreamer5625

Reading List:
    Link
    What are Jeon Mooyoung's abilities again? Because it might be the real one with Eushin in the garden then.

15. K3I

K3I Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing known about his abilities is his strong stealth gwanglim. Not much else is known.

Mashumello and Azurite Blue like this.
  16. Blossom_Honey

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, his Gwangrim is "Time Without a Shadow" or whatever the actual name is supposed to be. Euishin has used it quite a lot. It's the one that hides his presence pretty well. As for Seong Geukeon, we're not really sure what the specifics are besides it being a skill that works better with another person and it's a mind skill (probably?)

kjpo34 and Priar like this.
  17. readerdreamer5625

Reading List:
    Link
    But as far as base offensive capabilities go, they're both Players capable of doing SSR-ranks right? In that case, the Garden is definitely not just a regular one - either 1) the Enemies are advantageous against both of them, or 2) Jin or Demon clan members are inside to kill them.

It's also possible that psychic poison is also involved given how much the Black Screen likes to use it, and if I recall correctly, though powerful Players can endure the effects - with the former 3rd Year Class 0 homeroom teacher being the foremost example - even in such cases the damage can quickly pile up and you are weakened the entire time. In all of those cases, I can easily imagine Eushin prepping ways to counteract all options even if he didn't already know about this event happening, especially if he is indeed the Seong Geukeon in this scenario.

Which in that case, one can only expect there can only be a curved ball thrown in there. There would be something that Eushin wouldn't see coming, and as Eushin would also probably think of that... He'd also prepare to cover all bases with enough firepower to block even the worst case scenario.

I think "Jeon Mooyoung" beside Eushin here is one of the Tigers in this scenario under a disguise, or Yong Jegun or even Kim Shinrok. It's even possible that both Jeon Mooyoungs are fake here, with the real Jeon Mooyoung off to someplace else under the effects of his Gwangrim. Maybe as part of Maeng Hyodon's rescue team? Normally he wouldn't leave Sung Gukeon alone, but if Eushin asks for it then he might just agree.

qinjiu_, Azurite Blue, Priar and 2 others like this.
  18. violettaC

violettaC Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    7B5DEADA-A331-4BD9-BF87-1B67A32382F1.jpeg

Our dreams are finally coming true

(≧▽≦)

19. Priar

Priar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Oh my god :blobnosebleed: