Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh gosh are we still in the same day, I feel like author already has an ending in mind but is struggling extremely hard how to go about it because he wants a longer story (this manga is basically the same length as that "I tamed the last boss"? Whatever the title of it is the one with the long black haired ml that is also a dragon and they have an animation now too) probably even shorter

Personally even if mj was the mc I'd still hate her because I can read (I've hated plenty of mcs ngl ooff)

Khadz and DOHere like this.
  2. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you guys aren't getting my point. My point is that her attempted murder of her sister (no matter her mindset) is completely wrong. She understands it and wants to change but the others don't remember her faults so to others she is the absolute victim in all this.

But, based on her attempted murder, she is not a complete victim because she decided to take justce into her own hands and victimise her sister.

I am not saying that her family is right. Her family are all wrong and they deserve punishment.

The problem I am having with this so called redemption is that Vio is actually ignoring the whole problem just because she wants to avoid repeating her mistakes. Ignoring problems is just an escape route. She isn't solving anything.

Mental instability is what lead her to attempted murder. So, she is supposed to find a way to avoid emotional and mental stress. Ignoring the problems doesn't erase the hurt she feels and the situation she is facing. She is simply trying to hold it in. But let me tell u guys, that's the start of the mistake she did in her past life too. She holds it in, bears with it but then someday all those pent up emotions will explode. This is what led her to attempted murder.

Sometimes, you can't just stay away and ignore especially when the toxic individuals are your own family who lives in your house. She needs to take things in her hands (this time do things properly) by letting others know of the kind of treatment she suffers from, take away her properties. (she can as she is the heir and the property belonged to her mum) She can't just let them use it for free and use her wealth, her fortune, her power and status to bully her.

Redemption is not about being silenced and bearing with the pain. Sometimes to redeem yourself, you need to work against those who harm you. I am not saying to harm them the way they harmed her but to at least take back what is rightfully hers. She needs some self-esteem. Vio lacks self-esteem too much that's why her own inheritance is being used to harm her. There are times when she should learn to say No! to her sister and family. But she always rely on others to say it for her. (e.g: red hair ML) But in all these chapters, all she has been doing is bear with it and think that marriage will save her.

3. Luna Skye

Luna Skye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if she said "NO" in her position nobody would have listened to her. She is underage after all and her father is her guardian. The servants are on her side, but what can they do? They are mostly commoners and could be apprehended for attacking a noble and killed. The mother's side of the family is simply ignoring her so she can't simply claim the property. And it's not like Violette's treatment in her family is a big secret. Everybody around seems to know about it, but all they do is talking behind her back while pitying her on the surface. If she just takes it outside she will be ridiculed, because in the noble society you feel better if you can trample on somebody of higher standing. This is her basically her situation.

beazacha and lostross like this.
  4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly this novel falls flat In redemption because the author still seems to want to put MJ in the wrong and turns it I to a weird victim blamey situation

You can tell ny vios last monologe about MJ where she says "uwu I still Hate her"

Like okay?????!!!! You tried to kill her yet through some mental gymnastics you've still tried to make yourself her victim (I do agree she is the victim of her father but not MJ In this situation)

Her self re-election is shallow like all OI. We can never get get true redemption in OI becuase of the "MC Is always right" mindset

Imagine being an abusive peice of shit to soemone and trying to murder them but the barrativr and readers still treat you in the right

Fuck violet and this shit ass novel. Get with your simp yandere and maid who exists only to dick ride who will enable your every action and lick the ground you walk on "Oh vio you hunt down ah orphanage? Poor you it's cause they threw dirt on you that one time" with comments being lime "fuck dem orpahsn how dare they throw dirt at our queen"

My fault for expecting good writing and actual redemption in a novel that was marketed like that

Next time market it as the shiity genric revenge shit it is

klickbait, datagirl and Khadz like this.
  5. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think her relatives are ignoring her. First of all, Vio never even tried once to ask for help from others. She had the possibility of asking the crown prince for help (especially when knowing how that guy protected mj because he believed Vio bullied her. If Vio had shared her life experiences, she could have received help. Both of vio's parents have a bad reputation but inside torture is not known by the public or relatives. So, at most society only sees the family as lacking morals so they simply gossip. They are unaware of the toxic and abusive behaviour of the family towards Vio. The grandpa sides with violet on basis of inheritance more than on her dad. She never even tried to ask for help so ppl only assume that she is uncomfortable with her new family. They don't know that she is being mentally abused. That's why it feels like society is one-sidedly on mj side.

Besides, I also agree with theilikepie. The author is trying too hard to victimise violet by making her excluded from everyone while mj accepted by all. It makes no sense that society would side with the mistress' daughter instead of the legal one especially when considering the genre of the story (historical, hierarchy, pre-modern era)

I personally condemn ignorance of that lvl especially with mj who doesn't seem to learn even after being scolded by Yulan. But, author tries to turn her into a 100% villainess which mj is not. It makes no sense for Vio to hate mj. It would be more proper if she was indifferent to mj. By making Vio hate mj, it's like saying that Vio hasn't learned a thing from her past. It turns Vio into a complete self centered hypocrite. Mj doesn't deserve to be executed like the other relatives. The most fitting punishment would be a restraining order and returning to being a comonner who won't be involved in Vio ever again. Mj is someone with bad moral values but she is not an evil being that needs to be purged.

datagirl, Alicelz, lostross and 3 others like this.
  6. ninjakitteh

ninjakitteh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think just about everyone on this thread has lost their damned minds because, from what I have seen, MJ is the only decent person in that entire fucking family. Yep, Team MJ is up in the hizzay!

First, consider the irredeemable trash that is related to her:
    - Father is a greedy, manipulative and violent adulterer who abandoned one family for another
    - Mother offered her up for a political marriage in order to fuck her sister
    - Grandfather doesn't even consider her family because her bloodline isn't "pure" (Correction: I forgot the two were not related at the time of posting... though his sentiments about bloodlines still supports my central thesis about that family being trash)
    - Sister tried to murder her in a past life out of jealousy and unjustified hatred

By contrast, MJ was the only one who never acted out of malice, the only one who treated her family members as though they were actually family, the only one who displayed even an inkling of unconditional love, and the only one who made any sort of attempt at reconciliation. The poor girl handled her situation the best she could and tried to get along with her sister because she genuinely cared about her, only to find out that everything around her was nothing but a lie.

Also, the claim that her ignorance is somehow inexcusable is, with all due respect, really fucking stupid. This is a girl who spent her entire life as a commoner in a stable & supportive environment with a happy family, and then suddenly found herself in the midst of aristocratic society full of manipulative jackasses who hate people purely due to wealth & status differences and spend their entire lives stabbing one another in the back, all of whom expected her to immediately follow all of their customs without exception or error... and you kids expect her to instantly handle it all perfectly?! That is like expecting a middle-schooler from rural Alabama to blend in perfectly with English royalty over the weekend. Though she did act unwisely at times, she had absolutely no way of knowing what was going on behind the scenes because, no matter what she said or did, no one would tell her anything useful; in fact, the only "direct" input we ever really see her receive is a bunch of vague & abstract preachings that only hinted at the full depth of her dilemma, courtesy of her venomous bitch of a sister and some equally-venomous prick who really just wants to fuck her sister. Ignorance only becomes a transgression when it is actually possible to find the information necessary to make a proper decision, and MJ had no such opportunity until she was essentially forced to witness it for herself, whether she liked it or not.

At the end of the day, unless something major was lost in translation, the character of MJ is a sweet & innocent teenage girl who was taken out of her modest-yet-happy life and thrust into a den of snakes before eventually being confronted with the harsh reality that just about every person she loved with all her heart was a piece of shit right from the start. That includes Vio, by the way - remember, instead of putting in the tiniest effort to even understand her sister, let alone get along with the girl, she tried to murder her and then used her second chance at life to once again treat her like shit for no good reason, only far more dismissively and without a knife this time.

#fuckvio :cool:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    klickbait, datagirl and theilikepie like this.
  7. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't the grandfather Violets Maternal grandfather? So not blood related, and justified in not considering her family. MJ has 0 blood connection to the house, her father married into it.
    BS. It was justified.
    MJ saw the preferential treatment, in the face of that you either speak up against it, or do not and are complacent in it.
    MJ reaped the rewards of her father being a PoS, but that comes with justifying the resentment. MJ was just a willing part of the psychological abuse Violet suffered as the parents, the only real difference is she was not the instigator but she did take part, and anyone who claims otherwise is kind of delusional.

The problem is MJ kind of lives in her own little bubble, and does not fully or properly consider others feelings. Plus she seems to actively go after things she see as Violets. She is a spoiler girl, who does not properly look past her privilege.
    EDIT :
    No it is not. People are expected to develop things like empathy, and an awareness of how their actions affect others. MJ is well past the age where ignorance is a valid excuse unless she was deliberately raised to not be able to be informed, which would make her unable to function in society properly.
    No, but someone who is not an idiot will actually try and learn quickly. or ask for assistance.
    Plus you seem to have misunderstandings about commoners lives, they know the nobles are jerks, they experience the side effects of their jerkishness every day. Thinking that they can or evben would go into it with rose colored glasses is unreasonable.
    Except they would be expected to be intimidated enough to try and not stand out until they learn the new rules.
    The BS and projectionism in this....
    You are re-interpreting things to suit your own narrative just as much as MJ does.
    There are ways she can find out as long as she is not being an idiot.
    If nothing else, making shue her father hires her a good and competent tutor will enable her to cover most of the gaps in her knowledge.

Except she does have opportunities to gain knowledge, and to not make things worse. You are just denying them so you can simp MJ.

F off you victim blaming PoS, every time you bring Violet up your comments show you have no intellectual or emotional understanding of mental trauma and psychological abuse.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    izuru0w0, Sheddy, Despaireon and 12 others like this.
  8. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    How dare you try to shit on our queen violet. Don't you know she is literally Me.

I self insert as vio therefore you all must praise her and shit on anyone against her. The maid is okay cause she is a beta cuck with no life except being vios orbiter. She won't intrud on vio and boring genric yandere wonder bread boy

I've been doing some thinking, and I got some ideas to improve the nov I got it right here.
    Uh, one: Vio needs to be louder, angrier more pitiful and have access to super magic powers Two: Whenever Violets not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's violet? She is truly the best of us"
    Three--
    Every character not licking her feet should be dealt a swift death

If anyone insults my fictional girl violet I will personally insult you and call you a piece of shit and victim blamer cause I too love not taking responsibility for my actions

(But for real stop fucking personally insulting people for shitting on your favorite character's. This is a shitty OI book. Why risk being banned cusse people don't like vioshit)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    ninjakitteh likes this.
  9. ninjakitteh

ninjakitteh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering you are so dumb that you do not even realize every accusation you made against me also served as a confession, I feel no need to waste my time ripping apart your exceedingly-hypocritical nonsense. I will say this, though: Because only a stupid piece of shit such as yourself would falsely accuse someone of victim-blaming right after blaming a fucking victim, I have no qualms with saying that anyone who agrees with you is a stupid piece of shit as well... and every single one of you dolts is far more deserving of Vio's attempted crime than MJ. ;)

That said, I will give you credit for the correction about the grandfather, since I was indeed mistaken. Congratulations on being a broken clock - you earned yourself a cookie! *golf clap*

FYI: The defense mechanism you attempted to cite (of which you are also, ironically, quite guilty indeed) is known as "projection." If you plan to continue misusing psychological terminology like some Trumptard pretending to actually know things about stuff, I suggest you at least try to learn how to spell the words correctly. You're welcome.

SUCH BLASPHEMY MUST BE PUNISHED, FOR THE ANGELIC BEING KNOWN AS MJ IS THE SUPREME GODDESS OF TRASH NOVELS, THE GREATEST CHARACTER EVER CREATED AND THE HARBINGER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD IN THIS WORLD AND THE NEXT!

:notworthy: ALL HAIL SAINT MJ! :notworthy:

lostross likes this.
  10. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, all hail for the ignorant b*tch who ignored her half sister's sufferings all those years and lived happily letting her parents leeching her sister's wealth.

R1gby, izuru0w0, Despaireon and 8 others like this.
  11. phamtasia

phamtasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should see how my coworkers say "I don't know" each time they commit a mistake. The best part is they had never bothered to find out or analyze the repercussions in the first place and "I don't know" is the only defense they use each time. Hence, I don't subscribe to the old saying that "ignorance is bliss" but "ignorance is the best defense". I learnt their tactic and now I am in senior management level. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

12. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate her cause she reminds me of Stacy from middle school who stole the guy I had a crush on. I like to project my inscruties onto the 14 hear old and bash her while projecting myself onto vio (literally Me fr)

Fuck you Stacy hope you got ligms

I too like to overuse the word bitch for every mildly annoying character because I've never made any true female friendship and will never know the sweet touch of grass. I'd rather pretend I'm Violet and everyone luvs me because I will never get this kind of warmth and care in real life. I also like to pin my misery onto one person as a scapegoat because I like vio will never own up to my mistakes because i can literally do no wrong ever. I spend my time on a message board for a wattapd novel getting overwhelmengly angry at poorly written characters because I am maidenless

And lest we forget MJ is canocnially a God. Yes she could have stopped her parents the adults who are clearly stubborn in ther ways by using my mind warp powers

Also dod you know MJ also could have killed hitler but she didn't. She also knew about 9/11 but let It happen. The 14 year old child is personally responsible for every tragedy ever commited

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    ninjakitteh likes this.
  13. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, i only really read the manga, when was Vio in her 2nd life awful and abusive to her?

She was awful in the first life, she tried to kill MJ and admits it was wrong and had no good reason to try to do it, which is why she tries to avoid her, i mean, yeah, avoiding and neglecting someone is a jerk move, but i guess Vio just doesn't feel like talking to the person who is a living reminder of her biggest crime and who her own father heavily prefers.

It's her love interest going from spoilers that actually seems to insult MJ and be mean, Vio just...seems to do her best to not interact with her and that's more because of personal feelings than actual hate at this point since she herself admits MJ is a nice girl who deserves love.

Unless she turned violent towards MJ in the last chapters, she just...avoids talking and at best gets worried that the minute she falls for someone else, her sister also falls for the same guy seemingly again, but i don't recall reading spoilers about her yelling, slapping and being mean to MJ, more Yulan being awful to her

beazacha, phamtasia and lostross like this.
  14. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who hurt you girl???
    Fr

You need to chill, after all this is just a fiction. If you love mj so much, you don't have to bash other just because they have different opinion from you.

It's normal to have different opinions after all every person have different perspective.

The real villain is just either man/woman that cheat was a great idea. Children never wrong, because they didn't asked in the first place to get reborn in this crazy world

Yet peoples not learn from other experiences, and lead by their lust, make their children miserable and they end up grown adults that hurting other people just another normal Tuesday

Dadatada, kawaii12345 and SoShy like this.
  15. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link

What are you talking about I HATE mj

datagirl likes this.
  16. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow feel like you're being sarcastic there, well never mind then, have a good day

17. Deeyodee

Deeyodee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatever people say. I just want to say that I hate mj, and hope she'll disappear along with her parents, bye

beazacha and Tt123 like this.
  18. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. This a fun thread. 90% butthurt comments 10% actual progress. But keep at it guys, cuz you guys are way more entertaining than this novel. (y):blobpopcorn_cool:

ps. I wish the author could see this. They'd be really happy to see their novel being loved by so many different kinds of people.

19. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any updates on the novel side? :blob_plusone:

20. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LN was last updated with ch 207 in November, I do not seem, though could easily have missed, and posts relating to new chapters since 195 or so.

Yuuki9, DOHere and rock.doll like this.