Discussion Lineage issue

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by One Perfect Veteran, Jan 27, 2023.

?

Would you like a child as a gay or lesbian?

1. Hate children but yes

2. Love children but no

3. Don't mind children but no

4. Mind children but yes

5. Love children and yes

6. Hate children so no

7. Am straight

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. One Perfect Veteran

One Perfect Veteran [ICL] [Bureaucat] [Cereal Killer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Before I go to my cave...

If you were a sole heir of a dying lineage of nobles where only your father and you remained... And you were gay or lesbian...

The reason why you can't adopt a kid and make them pose as yours is that your lineage is rare like the elves and the dragons! And it has traits appropriate for it's rarity!!! It's literally the extinction of a lineage if you don't have kids!

Then... What would you have done? I mean... Like... Obviously you will most likely be forced by the circumstances to marry someone and then have offspring right??? But... *scratches head* how repulsive is that idea to you? Is it repulsive? QwQ why is it so complicated

Anyway what would you have done in that case.​

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  2. Stripedhatbecomesgay

Stripedhatbecomesgay Guess who’s a super good spammer? It’s me!

Reading List:
    Link
    Leader, adopt a child so the lineage remains

And if the new kid is gay or lesbian just adopt another kid

3. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    Nonono I forgot to mention something... I will update the post in a bit

4. Stripedhatbecomesgay

Stripedhatbecomesgay Guess who’s a super good spammer? It’s me!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok Leader
    *pat pat pat*

5. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    I did nowwww

6. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kind of sad to manufacture offspring just for the sake of lineage. I'd personally wouldn't want my child to think having children as a responsibility. People who are forced to such responsibility(different to those who are willing and like to have a children of their own and would do so voluntarily) don't know how to parent and I don't agree to subject a life in the company of such, being raised by fulfilling all their physiological needs but of nothing else just to continue the cycle of pain in this so called lineage, even life. It's sad, really sad.
    In general, I don't think this world deserves people. To be used as workforce for the economy and taken advantage of and be delusioned by standards that you need to meet to be happy.

One Perfect Veteran likes this.
  7. ClosetGoblin

ClosetGoblin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No kids! I hate children! I’d hate to give birth! I would be honored to kill off my whole lineage! I’m taking it down with me!
    I’d want to be famous as the last of my kind!
    I’d create a cult, all around worshipping me.

8. Deleted member 504644

Deleted member 504644 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like my lineage is dying today

9. meliori

meliori [in a dark tunnel seeing light from afar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get the point of continuing a lineage that only has me left in it, in the case of preserving a race, since it would end in me anyway. And creating a wreath with the only relative I have is no no no damn don't think about it. My offspring would only get half my gene, right, which can only get more and more diluted after several generations down the line. Isn't that pretty much extinction? Better prepare early for the goodbye. Unless people use some special means to force me, I totally can't force myself.

One Perfect Veteran and Catshead like this.
  10. Catshead

Catshead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like your history is such an important part of your identity... If I couldn't pass down every part of that same glory why would I even try? The kingdom is already gone. Also I get to be the last of that cool lineage, I'm gonna go out with a bang. Suicide? Maybe? Die in war? Mysteriously disappearing and historians thousands of years into the future never knowing if this race has truly gone exinct or how. A mystery waiting to be solved across eras, sounds exciting.

11. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care, since I might have the same great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather or grandmother with a stranger I never met before. Let them carry out this lineage.

12. warspite

warspite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would love to have a child but raising one is a huge responsibility and that our world is crumbling so no. We only have one male in the family to continue the lineage but hell, I don't care. We'll all be forgotten anyway!! Also, I'm bisexual so if I ever (EVER) have children of mine then whatever makes them happy, I'm also happy for them. Got scared here in my fam because a relative made a r*pe joke saying that if you're daughter is a lesbian then hire someone to r*pe her... such people makes me wanna be gayer than ever

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    make some children then enjoy the live~ wut? yes you can do that~ that way this cat fulfill this cat obligations for continuing lineage while also be this cat way~
    responsibility is heavy-duty stuff which not for everyone can understand and doing it, this cat know and can respect that~
    been there done that~
    anyway this cat will do it on this cat way~
    19656.png

14. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just have my sperm be donated or something. It's just some natural process, why does it have to matter?

After that I'll happily run away hand in hand with my lover

One Perfect Veteran and By.Eve like this.
  15. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, if the situation is to the point that you are really the only way to make the lineage survive… then the damage has already been done.

Like even if you happen to find a mate of the opposite sex- the children will have to reproduce with each other and that’s even if you happen to produce children of the opposite sex. The interbreeding would inherently ruin the lineage anyway.

Like you are some of the last of your kind/lineage- it is unlikely that you would be able to realistically save it with just your genes and a partner’s genes.

Just be gay :cookie:

16. By.Eve

By.Eve [Eve are Ieve]

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy...
    Go to bank sperm. Then bought their good quality in lineage sperm.
    And if i'm a man, i would do like CR7 do.

17. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen a lesbian couple before conceiving a child of their own although i forgot what the procedure is called. My question is if the technology is advanced enough to do that in their world or is there any magic that could possibly do that.

But if not.. the bloodline is dying with me lol, sounds easy but ik it'll be complex. But you know what? I'll bear with that, even far as running away if i can. But let's say i loved my parents... Well, this and that is different. If my parents are good people they'll try to understand my opinions and feelings~ if not, oh well there's no negotiations.

i get to choose what to do with my body and besides it's destined for this bloodline to end at some point, let's end it earlier before it gets passed on to some pour souls.

(I've had a similar convo with my parents and guardians before, since I'm bi, what if i married someone of my own sex? What would they do if I don't give them grandkids? I gave adoption as one of the choice, with the reason of giving a home to a kid with no family for them is helping those who are truly in need, like killing 2 birds with one stone (actually 3 since NOPE I'LL NEVER EVER CONCEIVE A CHILD, SHIT HURTS IK).

they responded with, they really can't do something to my choice, but reasoned out that having a kid of your own flesh and blood is just different. I disagree but i just nodded my head, thinking of their own position and perspective, i can imagine it, the joy and shock of learning your wife is pregnant, and the child you've carried with your belly since day 1 and took care of it until it was born, the suspense and expectation and the bond you've already formed with an unborn child.
    That's the difference. But i still disagree on the part that they can't be the same.

Parenthood isn't defined by someone being of your blood. It's the bond. Ik so many "parents" that makes me wonder if they truly deserve to be called that.)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  18. my opinion is irrelevant

my opinion is irrelevant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. i'd ribaldly tell my dad to find someone to procreate with. succession of bloodline ain't got nothing to do with me.
    2. i'd get my eggs frozen, then hire a surrogate. just assuming surrogacy is somehow an option available to me as a noble in antiquity.

19. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda understand the question. I’m asexual, so my family name will die out with me. But I don’t feel pressured to have kids, cause nothing on this earth would make me get pregnant and give birth. Ew. No. Sorry, but I’m selfish so no more elves

20. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These guys speculating that having kids solely for fulfilling a random duty would lead to bad parents just inadvertently described all Asian families lol.