Top 10 Longest Novel Titles on NU (2023 Version)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tony, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of Feb 4th 2023, here are the top 10 longest novel names on Novel Updates:
    1. The Incompetent Prince Who Has Been Banished Wants To Hide His Abilities~ The Strongest Sage Who Reincarnated Twice, He Wanted To Enjoy This Life, so Took It Easy and Was Banished From the Royal Family. It's Too Late To Be Told Come Back Now Cause the People of the Territory Have Noticed His Abilities, and Won't Let Him Return to His Family Home (347 characters)
    2. I Was Expelled From the Guild After My Past Achievements Were Tampered With and I Was Recognized as a Useless Burden, but I Was Picked up by the Daughter of the Country's Top Nobleman and I'm on the Winning Side of Life. The Moment I Left, the Number of Members Dropped to Half? I'm Begging You, Can You Come Back? It's Too Late Now (332 characters)
    3. I've Been Reincarnated Into Another World and Become the Protagonist of a Galge, but I've Never Been Told That I'm Being Doted on so Ardently by a Character Who's Not My Target! ~the Protagonist of a Gal Game With a High Level of Feminine Power Is Overwhelmed in Many Ways by the Courtship of a Tomboyish Princess (313 characters)
    4. The Swine Noble Carves Out His Own Future ~A Letter From Myself 20 Years Into the Future Told Me Everything. Apparently, if I Remain as I Am, I Will Be Disinherited, My Engagement Cancelled, and Life as I Knew It Would Be Over. For That Reason, I've Decided to Do Everything I Can to Avoid That Fate!~ (301 characters)
    5. After Marrying My Childhood Friend Who Was Supposed To Hate Me for Being a Gloomy Person, It Turns Out That She Actually Loves Me Very Much. She's a Cool Takane No Hana on the Outside, but She's Completely in Love With Me.the Girls Are Curious to Talk to Me, but Sorry, I'm Already Married (289 characters)
    6. Saint of the Subspace ~[Onee-Sama You Are No Longer Needed] Said My Little Sister as She Falsely Accused Me and Sealed Me up, but I'm Back With a Mastery of Space Magic. It Seems Like Twenty Years Have Passed and My Country Is on the Verge of Destruction, but Now I'm a Traveling Healer~ (287 characters)
    7. Exiled in a Class Trial for "Poor Dexterity". Because He Was Dexterous, He Lived on His Own. Because of His Dexterity, He Was Able to Use All the Skills and Magic of the Higher Ranks, Making Him Invincible. I Decided to Live on My Own, but the People Around Me Wouldn't Leave Me Alone. (285 characters)
    8. I, the “Clock User”, Was Kicked Out of the Craftsmen's Guild for Being Incompetent, but at the Dungeon's Depths, I Awakened My True Power - Even Though I Was Told to Return Because They Couldn't Handle the Work, It's Too Late Now, and I Will Live Freely as an SSS-class Adventurer (280 characters)
    9. I, Who Was Ridiculed as a "Video Game Otaku and Creepy" and Dumped by My Childhood Friend, Was Actually the Winner of a World E-sports Tournament. ~I'm Aiming for the Top of the World Again with a Beautiful Pro-gamer Girl, so It's Too Late for Her to Ask Me to Go Out with Her Now~ (281 characters)
    10. The Girl Who Cheered Me up Through a “Consultation App” After I Broke up With My Girlfriend of Three Years Was a Beautiful Girl Who Was Secretly One of My Classmates – Who Wouldn't Fall in Love With Someone Who Told Them “I'll Be There for You Until the Day I Die.”? (266 characters)
    The previous top 10 longest novel titles thread if you're curious: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/top-10-longest-novel-titles-on-nu-2022-version.143654/

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading each and every title causes me mental damage :blob_coughblood:

Looks like the top spots haven't changed
    much from last year. I wonder if the trend is dying down

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  3. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing the long title already make me don't want to read and they still adding genre that i don't like in the title!!! :blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:

4. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    The front cover of the book is two pages long to hold these titles

5. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Impressive. Didn't even bother to read the titles, but I believe you.

6. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the point of reading the actual story...

7. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading these titles may have dropped my iq by 2 points

youta132, Ran ahzu, Furnace and 6 others like this.
  8. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's start a new one.

Someone decide to make a long title novel contest, so I decide to create my own original long titled novel to win the contest! This is a story of a young aspiring novelist who want to submit his long title novel but accidentally crashed by a truck when he gone out and then sent to another world which is the world he wrote for the contest. *Shock* the young aspiring shocked for he has add tons of elements inside his long titled novel that will make the protagonist life a living hell, but he ended up as a mob? This is the story of the struggle of a mob living inside his own unfinished novel which he himself didn't understand.

I don't even know what the heck am I writing at this point in time.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  9. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's so beautiful! Honestly, it's pretty darned impressive that these writers are able to make their books boring even before reading the full title!
    Bravo, crappy writers! Go you!

10. amilhs

amilhs Moon Walker

Reading List:
    Link
    My head hurts...

11. MusicFromMiles

MusicFromMiles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the title makes me feel like I've read the whole novel

12. Giratina

Giratina Out of 31 cousins, I'm the 28th one...

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn’t even try to read the first one…:facepalm::blobjoy:

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    if this cat was translator this cat will butcher it~
    tldr on it finest~

_BlissCity_, MofuMofu and Giratina like this.
  14. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link

I remember the first anime I ever watched. I think it was called something like this:

"I got trapped in a virtual reality game where if I die in the game I also die in real life! We have to work together to clear the boss at the end of each of the 100 levels in a tower in order to be set free! I was a beta tester, so everyone hates the fact that I have an unfair advantage, but I don't care because I work better alone anyway! Lots of girls fall I'm love with me and I don't realise because I'm dense, but it doesn't matter because I'm dating the vice-leader of the top guild who I met on the first floor! I can use two swords at the same time because I have the highest reaction speed in the game and my stats are so high that lower level people can't even scratch me! Whoa! I had an A.I. baby with my girlfriend, but she died! But it's fine because I got so angry that I learned how to code and hacked into the game to save her life! How crazy! It turns out that the leader of the top guild is actually the creator of the game who trapped us all here! I fought him and managed to win, but my girlfriend and I ended up dying in the fight! He let us live though, and we were all set free from the game! But my girlfriend is still stuck in her V.R. headset, what should I do!?"

youta132, Pacekot, LeniSnow and 6 others like this.
  15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Sword Art Online, longer title ver~
    although can it still called as Sword Art Online tho?

Diametric likes this.
  16. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    Correctomundo! :blobparty:

But that's just the title for the first part, set in the SAO game. Each subsequent arc gets a new title, like the next one would be like "My girlfriend wasn't let free from the V.R. death game and my friend showed me pictures from a new V.R. games which show a girl just like her! I'm going to play the game and try to find her and set her free! Etc."

and then the one after that would be like "There's a murder mystery involving a V.R. FPS game! Etc."

And so on :blob_grin:

17. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    It dropped mine by 30

18. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why?
    :blob_plusone:

DojaDoge likes this.
  19. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Good Lord. You lost me at " I got trapped..."

_BlissCity_, Fallion and Diametric like this.
  20. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the title is enough to satisfy the bookworm.

DojaDoge likes this.