Request Can anyone explain Amon's character from lords of the Mysteries?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Anwiryani, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Anwiryani

Anwiryani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, to complete the art assignment, my group wanted Amon as a character to play because it looked interesting. and the thing is i haven't read many lotm novel chapters so i need some help.

2. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Amon, he's the type for person who would do anything for excitement. How boring a world would be if there is no excitement right?

He's the type of person who see the world as his toybox and mess with it with his own way. All that left would be the chaos he left behind.

He prefer deceit rather than violence. He is deceitful in many way, and he can also lead you on with his eloquence. Even if you are wary of his deceit, it would only ended up used by him and led you deep into his web of lies.

And, unlike what he led on. He care for his life. This also the reason why he planned a lot of elaborate plans rather than just going like a mindless fool.

In essence, I would say that he's a trickster.

3. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Hidetaka Miyazaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Amon is baisically a thrill-seeking character who sees the world as a playground for his schemes. He takes pleasure in creating chaos and relies on deceit and manipulation as his primary tools. He has a talent for ensnaring others in his web of lies through his cunning and charisma. Despite his mischievous nature, he is actually a pretty calculated individual who values his own life and meticulously plans his actions. Overall, he can be considered a classic trickster who seeks excitement and delights in his ability to manipulate the world around him.

In my opinion, the novel as a whole did not suit my taste. Despite its objective quality and outstanding mystery elements, which are some of the best I have encountered in webnovels, and a well-crafted overarching plot, I could not connect with the characters. Additionally, I found the novel overall unenjoyable for some unexplainable reason. Definitely has some enjoyable arcs though, just not overall as enjoyable as I expected it to be for me.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    s3nn_ and Anwiryani like this.
  4. ArcadiaMagus

ArcadiaMagus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it was the contrary on the character thing, i connected so deeply to the characters that i would share everything they felt to a certain point ,_

And on amon's character it is better to replace "mischievous character" with danger-seeking and someone who bet his very life without actually betting it(a more accurate description of him would be a gambler than a trickster), which is what makes him extremely dangerous bcs others would see him as a lunatic who will sacrifice everything he has to win, but as is shown on his battle against klein on a deeper layer he values his life more than any bet, and by targeting this it is why he lost against klein who has things more valuable than life, and you can also see it as to why amon is so strong.
    By creating an illusion that he is a lunatic gambler that doesn't care about anything other than winning he is able to actually win without sacrificing much, when otherwise one would lose a lot.
    He is a coward gambler who by bluffing, makes others think he is betting big when in reality he doesn't even bet anything.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  5. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah idk the characters in LoTM always disappoint me, for me they're simply not complex, it feels like 2 dimenstial characters even though they're personalitties are fleshed out really well. I know it sounds contradicting but there is no other way for me to describe it.

As for amon being "danger seeking" I already gave him a similiar description in my first sentence; which was 'thrill seeking'. I also felt it would be appropiate to give him the description of mischevious since he seems to enjoy commiting evil activities even if not done purely for the sake of being evil.

6. ArcadiaMagus

Reading List:
    Link
    For me this is more of a facade than anything, if i would describe amon's personality in one world i would say it is "apathy", he is a born mythical creature who's believers are himself, bcs of this he understands what humanity is but doesn't connect on a deeper level to them. So he is on his core a indifferent,cold and apathetic divine creature who only care about his life, which is why all "mischevious" and "enjoy commiting evil" are nothing more that a mask that he created, he understand and perhaps even feel, but at the end he isn't connected to them.

7. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Reading List:
    Link
    what is the evidence in the novel fort his being the case?

8. ArcadiaMagus

Reading List:
    Link
    The evidence is he beign a born mythical creature ???

It is literally the whole thing about the beyonder's suferrings of having to maintain their humanity while being corrupted by the divinity.

So a born mythical creature is either mad bcs of conflicting pathways caracteristics or indifferent and apathetic, this can be remediated by gaining humanity trought believers like the half-fool and others did, the problem is that amon's believers are himself, so he understand humanity like greed, pain, joy and other things but doesn't connect with them.
    And i just noticed that my comments may have sounded hostile so sorry for that, just before i got to here i was having an argument with my sister ,_

9. ansusta

ansusta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG i found fellow lotm fans!!!
    ik i keep hearing it's actually really famous but i never find yall

10. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Reading List:
    Link
    never been on reddit?

11. ansusta

Reading List:
    Link
    not much of a fan

12. sakyuya

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Facebook then. I found quite a few LotM group in Facebook. though, Facebook is a mess nowadays.

13. ansusta

Reading List:
    Link
    the lotm fb group is totally dead ngl
    i have to say i do find some lotm content on tiktok or instagram but it's extremly rare

14. sakyuya

Reading List:
    Link
    I check just now and they're active. The group name is Lord Of The Mysteries Fan Club.