Discussion Love

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kelsealoufromkalamazoo, Feb 8, 2023.

?

What do you want for Valentine’s Day?

1. Flowers

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Stuffed animals

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Candy

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Jewelry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. …a S/O

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. Nothing, I’m waiting for the discounted chocolate on February 15

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    What does it feel like to be in love? It’ll be Valentine’s Day soon, and as someone who’s never felt an ounce of romance in her life towards someone, I wonder what it’s like to have that special someone.

I wish I could put it out of my head, because I don’t need a man to give me self worth, and I like being alone. But then I see couples holding hands and smiling, and I feel sad, jealous… even a little scared to be alone.

Gosh dang if men weren’t so intimidating and I had a romantic bone in my body this whole love thing wouldn’t be so flippin hard.

2. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d say love is something different from person to person. Some people live to love, while others consider love a weakness, but still have a s/o. So what does it feel like to be in love? It’s just another reason for your heart to beat; an extra passion in which someone can express themselves, usually unrestrained. It’s not much different from an artist loving their work, or someone admiring it. Everyone will have such a diverse approach to love, and to express it.
    Now if you mean sexual love, that’s something way beyond me also.

3. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Playing games together would be my answer.

I never experience love other than familial love myself, so I can't really help much in this. I would usually suggest people to go to cafe, amusement part, cinema, or even nearby festival if they were to ask me though.

As for chocolate...I wish no one give me on that day.
    It's torturous to get a chocolate on valentine day.

4. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    if someone is gonna give me flowers, can i have a potted plant instead?
    it depresses me as heck seeing the flowers wilt...

also, chocolate /o/
    *hides my stash*

5. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll know if you experienced.

If you did decide to be in one make sure to find a nice person. Not a decent person you're hoping to change but an actual already made nice person.
    I hope you happiness either way. Also you don't need to be in a relationship to feel love. Love is always present in us, if you just decide to allow yourself to feel it.

I just hope that everyone in this site wouldn't bring their expectations for a relationship base on what they read in romance novel as most of those are written with unrealistic standards for a love interest while the main character stays as a damsel or even defensive af without character development.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  6. noblesse.wilde

noblesse.wilde [√To read or not to read] [Aspiring Author]

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a date on valentines day in 2014... but ever since then, I have had nobody in my life... So, yeah it feels quite depressing to go through such days while I watch others settle down in their life, get into relationships... But anyway I hope that one day I will get away from the "Forever Loner" title that I currently possess. :blobsweat_2:

7. Catshead

Catshead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say anything about experience in romance but, I think the most important thing I've learned from being afraid of loneliness is:
    Go hug your friends.

Friendships are no less important than romantic relationships. Just because it isn't the same kind of love doesn't mean it isn't love. Go hug your friends, your family, the people you care about. Unless you decide to cut off all attachments and move to another country entirely, some of these people will be with you for the rest of life. They love you just as much, if not more than a potential romantic partner.
    You are just as complete as you than you will ever be, with or without a S/O.

8. Deleted member 310942

Deleted member 310942 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been single since birth, but I think I've been in love once. Didn't go so well lol (I literally ranted about it a couple of days ago). I liked him for 6 years I think. Scared to admit whether it was love or not.

I do feel jealous. I do feel sad. I really want to fall in love. A reciprocated one, this time. But, I, unfortunately, cannot afford to. I can't look for love. And I can't let it find me. Life is getting complicated, and I'm scared of getting distracted. I know I will. When I fall, I fall asf. I have goals I need to achieve, and falling in love can get in the way of that.

I don't need a lover to be happy. Maybe sometimes, I do.

But I won't bet my life on it.

9. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! Valentine's isn't just for couples! It's for everyone, your family, your friends and the people close to you! Spread loveeee~ :blobcatpingedreeee:

10. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Grass is always greener at the other side, we want what others have and what we don't have.

In my experience I got into a relationship with someone and when we broke up I realized that I liked being alone more than I did being with them. It felt horrible because I felt like I should've been hurt more and then the pain came after a few weeks but now I've completely moved on lol. Love doesn't solely dictate your life, don't let it ruin you and don't be too dependent on it to achieve happiness.

11. Lovelybutter

Lovelybutter The loveliest butter

Reading List:
    Link
    Since i’m single..I will have to spend my valentines kicking people on nuf…..

12. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO a great place to ask about what love(romantical one as you seem to mean) is.
    :meowpuffysoul: This place is full of people who can think, not act. And most of the time their thinking aren't accurate at all due to not experiencing the thing they are talking about....:meowgamer: Now let me tell you my thoughts about love, of course these are also not based on any kind of experience.
    .... That's something too much luxurious for a peasant like me :meowpuffysoul: I should focus on my studies instead.

13. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not one to feel romantic love. People said that when you fall into a 'romantic' love, it'll just click to you. Sadly I haven't truly experienced that, but it seems wonderful.

But the love i know is pretty quiet and warm! Like, huddling together while eating noodles on a rainy day! Studying together till 4 am. Giving a hand when having a overloaded workload ( my coworker is an ANGEL I SWEAR :blob_teary:). So it's all ok!

Anyway, valentine is fun even if you single. Since i loove festivals and all the chocolates nearing valentines are sold at 50% off, i bought a lot and give it to friends, family, and some random strangers/acquaintance that r lucky enuf to cross my path on that day! :blobrose::blobdoggoheart::meowinlove:

14. Deleted member 504622

Deleted member 504622 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It's different for everyone. I've always been guarded but I recognized mine was love when it hit me that she had already created a space in my life that only she can occupy. I am unsure how to describe what happened... she kind of crept in? Without even trying. I don't even know if she knew what she did. She has a way of making people let their defenses down. I loved how she saw me like I'm transparent. She definitely shook me. I was even more doomed when I started seeing her in my future (haha).

But it was all in the past. I've paid the price for everything. Though to this day, I've never seen anyone with a heart like hers.