Discussion The Time I Found Out the Heroine of a Certain Top Post Was Me

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by luoxinle, Feb 5, 2023.

1. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
  2. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    I love a good meet cute. The chapters are shorter than I expected, though. We're already through the first chapter, and I'm pretty sure we have more post to read. I'm torn because I chose it specifically because it was short, but now I'm worried it will be too short!

hypersniper159 and elideli like this.
  3. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    elideli likes this.
  4. elideli

elideli keepin' an eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, the classic "I thought you were straight." "I thought you were straight"
    [​IMG]

That was such a sweet story and it perfectly encapsulated the difficulties of lesbian pining with the whole "everyone says she likes me but i really think she's just a nice friend" "well, she did kiss me on the chin but straight girls kiss each other all the time so that means nothing" :blobjoy:

That friend that sent Tao Ci the post was the real MVP here, thank you truly for your service Xixi.

It definitely felt shorter than the other short novels we've read but I didn't feel like that was to its detriment. While it could have had a little more padding the whole thing takes place in the span of like an afternoon? (from when Tao Ci reads the post to when she decides to go to Zhong Ningyi to confess) so it makes sense that it wasn't dragged out.

It was definitely an adorably sweet, feel-good kind of short read <3

DojaDoge, luoxinle and hypersniper159 like this.
  5. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, it was an interesting premise, you only see these stories on tumblr, and then, “everyone claps”

I really don’t like love triangles, but so far I’m really enjoying this perspective, it’s a nice touch.

im curious, what ever happened to that friend in chapter 1? Maybe it would be better to make mc stumble on that post instead. I can’t help but point that out, Xixi really had no place in the novel. Also, that was a cute confession.
    very sweet story, but it also had unique ways to twisting tropes. I really love how it was like an old man telling a historical fable, but it was told over with new technology.

DojaDoge and elideli like this.
  6. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    I like that they're both convinced their love rival likes the other.

Omg, I watched the jizhi syrup commercial, and I'm laughing so hard now. These two are as bad as the couple from The Daily Life of Being the Campus Idol's Fake Boyfriend. If she's kissing you, she's probably gay.

Very sweet. The story in a story had a little bit of a Scheherazade feeling to it. On the other hand, I think the story would have benefited from a little dramatic tension.

DojaDoge, elideli and hypersniper159 like this.