Spoiler The Third-Gen Chaebol Becomes a Genius Actor

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Title: The Third-Gen Chaebol Becomes a Genius Actor
    Associated Names: 재벌 3세 천재 배우가 되었다
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-third-gen-chaebol-becomes-a-genius-actor/
    Raw Links:
    https://page.kakao.com/content/59479105
    https://series.naver.com/novel/detail.series?productNo=6758804
    https://ridibooks.com/books/425282947?_s=search&_q=재벌+3세+천재+배우가+되었다&_rdt_sid=search&_rdt_idx=1

Synopsis:
    I returned to the past to become an actor, instead I reincarnated as a Third-Gen Chaebol (rich conglomerate family).

[Winner of the 7th Korean Web Novel Competition]

KiseonYi, Rayz0023, Reitama and 3 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Reitama

Reitama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I binged a bit on Ridibooks. It’s only free up to chapter 100. :blobpensive:

Yoo Yeonseo got into a car accident in the beginning of the novel. The current him is Kang Jin Hoo and has ‘amnesia’ because he’s a transmigrator from 2207 where he had to fight to survive and didn’t feel pain.

He throws up blood, becomes weak, and faints every time he tries to synchronize memories with the original because of the synchronization limit. While doing so, he tries to hide it from everyone because he doesn’t want them to worry or end up hospitalized.

Soon, his condition gets worse to where when he doesn’t actively work to synchronize, he’ll still throw up blood or have nosebleeds when he recalls the original’s mother.

Yoo Yeonseo’s mother originally committed suicide and the young 7-year-old Yoo Yeonseo was the first to find his mom. He tried lifting his mom’s legs. He also tried to keep his older brother from seeing his mom in such a state so his brother turned out fine. Later, when he was little, he would black out and would get seizures remembering her. Eventually, everyone banned the mention of the topic on his mother.

This is probably the cause for him getting sick even without actively synchronizing, so he tries to stop it at 30% since there would be no repercussions with the system if he stops it. Then, it gets worse so he realizes he has to get to 100% and find out what happened to his mom because the memories and hallucinations of her were triggering his synchronization. He had to find out: was it murder or suicide?

When synchronization reaches 100%, Yoo Yeon Seo and Kang Jin Hoo will become one.

Yoo Yeonseo was acting for a movie once where he was a General(?), and during his death scene, he didn’t know how to act out feeling excruciating pain while throwing up blood, so he tries to synchronize and throws up blood.

When he actually does the scene, he’s actually weak, in pain, and throwing up real blood as the actor stabs him.

After the scene, he’s weak as he walks to his manager who sees him super weak and passes out saying to take him home and not the hospital. When he passes out, the doctor was like, “Is this blood?”

“Fake blood from a movie shoot.”

“So realistic it smells like iron.”

Meanwhile someone on shoot: “That’s strange, we used so much blood, why do we have so many fake blood bags left over?”

Movie watchers when the movie comes out: “OMG, the death scene blood is so realistic!”

Yoo Yeonseo: “It’s good that it’s realistic because I coughed up so much blood and was in so much pain for that.”

Later, iirc his name was Jin Su-Ho or Soo Ho, but it was one of his co-stars. Basically, Yoo Yeonseo ran off to the restroom in a hurry to vomit blood in pain, having no time to close the door and his co-star saw him so weak and asked if he needed to go to the hospital or if anyone knows.

Yoo Yeonseo said no. Nothing would happen if his family found out (thinking about his memories of the original getting seizures when everyone pretended nothing happened).

Anyway, Jin Su-Ho sees him vomit multiple times and tries to help him. Once, when they were on reality show, he helped him hide vomiting blood.

Later, at the awards for movie, Jin Su-Ho is called up to the stage for an award when Yoo Yeonseo suddenly feels sick and pain as he runs out to throw up. Media thinks it’s because he was upset he didn’t get the award, and writes that he’s jealous while Jin Su-Ho knows it was to throw up, and later tells him that if he doesn’t feel well, let him know and he’ll be there for him so he’s not alone. :blobimfine:

Also, in regards to his mom’s death, his brother is apparently investigating it since he can’t get the comment the original Yoo Yeonseo said, ‘What if it wasn’t suicide?’

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  6. LaRue

LaRue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :)

Rayz0023 and Reitama like this.
  7. Reitama

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoo Yeonseo has filmed two movies since his transmigration. I can go into the filming, but honestly, I skipped through it since I wanted to see more actors, manager and family interactions.

One cute moment was his interaction with his fans, his fan name are Love Letters. Yoo Yeonseo went onto a fan site and said, ‘I will now be going to acting school for a while, thank you for your support.

Yeonseo.’

His comment got deleted because they thought he was fake and he was confused, ‘It’s me though?!’

Someone: ‘LOLOL it’s the same IP address, what are you on?’ (Something along those lines.)

Yeonseo: ‘It’s me for real!’

Someone: If you want to show you’re real, you have to certify you’re real.

Yeonseo: I’m not wearing anything right now though (due to staining my shirt throwing up blood)… (Picture, picture, picture.)

Someone: ‘Holy shit, I’ve never seen that picture before! Could it be?!’

The picture described him as pale and vampiric.

The original Yoo Yeonseo used to be a part of an idol group, One Seven. Their motto was supposed to be ‘Seven as One’ or like ‘Seven act as One’, but after Yoo Yeonseo left, they had to come up with something else.

The members originally hold a grudge against him, but in the beginning chapters, one of the members was hiding under Yoo Yeonseo’s bed and overheard his fight with his dad or grandfather about them not wanting him in the entertainment industry.

This makes one of them doubt the reason he left them. They originally thought he got tired of being and idol and quit, but after that, they think it was pressure from his family to quit, otherwise the group would be oppressed by his family. (Again, these are assumptions from his former members.)

Later, the group members find out that Yoo Yeonseo was their secret sponsor because they were originally from a small company with no budget to afford them because making music is expensive. And the original reason why they were a little known as because of Yoo Yeonseo’s background, but after he left, the group suffered a setback, and spent a long time on hiatus, like 3 years I think? And being on hiatus for that long would make the group suffer, but after a long time, they made a good break and got famous due to a mysterious sponsor.

I believe they meet later on somewhere and the members ask him if he’s their hidden sponsor, and Yoo Yeonseo was, and admits it. He said that since he signed a contract for seven years and broke it, he would support them for seven years because he had the money anyway. This made the members reconcile with him and stop hating him. :meowpuffyblush:

On the reality show, one of the members was invited, and people thought their relationship was bad, but it was actually good, and the member says, “Actually, Yoo Yeonseo supported us even after he left, he was our secret sponsor!”

The member saying that was caught on camera and Yoo Yeonseo was a bit embarrassed. Later, he asked for it to be edited out since he didn’t want One Seven’s success to be associated with his support. Instead, it would be associated with their own struggles and hard work.

Yoo Yeonseo: ‘If I didn’t ask, AST Entertainment (the company managing One Seven) would’ve told them to do it anyway.’

He was also quite good at singing, being their Main Vocalist. While on the show, he sang and showed off his singing skills. Grandpa or Father (can’t remember which) Yoo listened to it and was like, that’s my Yeonseo.

Lee Hee Seo was Yeonseo’s mom, I am not sure if I remember her name correctly, but this is what I remember okay. :blobcat_knife:

She was originally a very popular actress and loved by fans. Some old fans said she got famous because she wanted to meet Chairman Yoo, but she was already rich!

She retired from the entertainment industry when she married Yeonseo’s dad, and used to take him and his brother everywhere.

She did not seem like a person who would commit suicide according to Yeonseo because she seemed happy and satisfied with her life.

Yeonseo can only recall few memories of her, but can’t remember her face even though he can search it up on the internet.

Also, apparently, while filming the reality show, he didn’t know he could speak 5 languages, so every-time someone asked him something in different languages, he would respond in their language, and when asked if he knows or where he learned the language, he’d say just a bit… but he’s fluent due to his memory synchronization, lol.

He spoke in English, Italian, German, Spanish, and obviously Korean!

Grandpa or Father (keep forgetting which one) Yoo was proud after watching it air on television. :aww:

He didn’t even know Yeonseo knew so many languages or even how he learned. Haha! :blobcatblush:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  8. Reitama

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if anyone is still interested in this novel's spoilers, but I forked over a few dollars to Ridibooks after receiving my paycheck today!

Yoo Yeon Seo's family is very good in my opinion. Despite Yeon Seo having a long feud with them for joining the entertainment industry, they all care for him. They're also quite proud of him in his field of work, watching over him, and supporting him. :aww::blobmelt:

Sad part is, the current Yoo Yeon Seo thinks that the reason why the original started a feud and keeps far from them in the first place is because of his memories being triggered every time, leaving his body in pain... mostly because they just recently had a family outing, and poor Yeon Seo is trembling in pain from his triggers while trying to hide his synchronization acting up again. :blobsob::blobsad:

Yoo Yeon Seo/Kang Jin Hoo: Main Character
    Yoo Eun-Ho: Yoo Yeon Seo's older brother
    Grandpa Yoo: Yoo Yeon Seo's grandfather
    Grandmother Yoo: Yoo Yeon Seo's brother, and Lee Hee Seo's mother-in-law
    Lee Hee Seo: Yoo Yeon Seo's mother
    Lee Tae-Gyeom: Yoo Yeon Seo's Twelfth Manager
    Lim Seung-Hyun: Yoo Yeon Seo's Secretary
    Jin Su-Ho: Yoo Yeon Seo's co-star

Yoo Eun-ho is Yoo Yeon Seo's older brother. He's about 4 years older, and is very protective of his brother. When people talk about his brother, he gets very cold even though people think they're awkward due to him not being approving of his brother's choice to join the entertainment industry. :blobsmilehappy::blobtriumph:

When his mother first died, he was at the annex (the place she "committed suicide"). He heard a scream, and came running. Grandma Yoo (or his Aunt) was there, covering his eyes, trying to keep him away from the scene.

In the most recent chapters I've read, Yoo Eun-ho visits his brother after getting a worried phone call from his brother's secretary. Upon visiting his brother, he finds Yoo Yeon Seo vomiting blood while calling out that it was black, and it was his fault mother died, and that he couldn't breathe. :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

After finding out about his brother's health condition, he hospitalizes his brother for a while, but doctor's find nothing wrong and discharge him. Although, Eun-ho thinks it's a disease that hasn't been discovered yet and wants them to check his brother more. Yeon Seo knows why he's like this, but he can't explain its because of synchronization, so both of them are frustrated.

This time around, a fan happened to see what happened and made a post online, making everyone worry. When Yoo Eun-ho finds out about this, he tries to keep it from the family so that they won't worry calling them and explaining that Yoo Yeon Seo's condition is the aftereffects of the car crash and overwork. I think the reason why Yoo Eun-ho keeps it from the family is because everyone has guilt due to Yoo Yeon Seo's condition after his mother's death with his seizures at the mention of his mother's name.

Anyway, the best part is that after he finds out, Yeon Seo is vomiting blood in the car, and his brother knocks on the window and tells him not to be alone, and that he should move in. After that, Yeon Seo feels like it's the best sleep he's had in a while, lol.

Also, he realizes that this isn't the first time his brother has been vomiting blood, and tries his best to stay by his brother's side, and check in on him.

Little Yoo Yeon Seo was actually a little cutiepie. He was described as a kind and smart child when he was seven years old. After his mom's suicide, he became selfish.

Anyway, when he was young, he had quite a good memory, and remembered everyone who worked for them in the mansion, so one day, he was approached by a weird man he didn't recognize.

The man said he was one of the bodyguards, and little Yeon Seo led him to Lee Hee Seo, so he believes that it was his fault his mom died. They're not sure who killed mom, but Eun-ho and Yeon Seo are now becoming suspicious and investigating the case further.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    Elisee, Chaosnumber8, Ivyoon and 11 others like this.
  9. Michelin

Michelin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right right right. I strongly recommend this novel. I also read this from Ridi till side stories. It was all fun.
    From main character, supporting character, plots, and everything are perfect.
    I am so happy someone make this thread and seems that there are people who translate this novel.

Yoo Yeonseo is not genius. He is really hard worker. After he possesed the body of OG Yoo Yeonseo, he is struggling when it comes to acting. He did not get award, not until 3-4 years after he possesed the Og body. People belittling him because of his past (when OG YYS was still a jerk) and mocking him in his acting skill (OG Yeonseo was bad at acting because of hallucination). One of my favorite scene is when Yeonseo got his first award, iirc he was in his 30. His hardwork is finally paid off

Thanks Reitama, i like reading your spoiler. It's been a while since i read the novel, so i forget some parts, please keep give us some spoiler ☺️☺️

Elisee, Chaosnumber8, Ivyoon and 8 others like this.
  10. Rayz0023

Rayz0023 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translator here - I haven't read that far ahead so thanks for the spoiler!

Reitama likes this.
  11. Reitama

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for spoiler. I agree that the characters are just perfect and amazing! :blobokhand::blobmelt:

I’ll try giving more spoilers when I can read more. :blobhero::blobhero:

Thank you so much for translating. I enjoy your translations a lot.

The story is very interesting and I feel is a masterpiece. :aww::aww::aww:

Purple_queen and Rayz0023 like this.
  12. Reitama

Reading List:
    Link
    I can finally come up with a timeline of when the novel takes place. The beginning takes place in 2018, and has progressed to 2022 or 2023 as of where I am in the novel currently. So like... our baby has been vomiting blood everyday for four full years? :blobunsure::blobtriumph::blobsob:

Yoo Yeon Seo [7] Mom’s death.
    Yoo Yeon Seo [19] when he debuted with One Seven
    Yoo Yeon Seo [26?] during the beginning chapters, after the car crash.
    Yoo Yeon Seo [30] when he first wins his first award!

I gave up on understanding the movie tid-bits, and will just wait for the translation to come out for that, but for now, there's still a lot to spoil...

It is basically reality television that focuses on a day of an average manager for a celebrity. This part follows Lee Tae-Gyeom, who has been working for Yoo Yeon Seo for about four years, and is his longest working manager.

The morning starts with Lee Tae-Gyeom going to Yoo Yeon Seo's house. He knocks on it since Yoo Yeon Seo lives with his older brother, and this reveals to the netizens that the Yoo Brothers live together, and they fangirl over seeing two hot people live together. :blobnosebleed::blobowoevil::blobmelt:

Yoo Yeon Seo is shown in a very natural state with messy hair and comfortable clothes compared to the image he usually shows. When he's at home, he seems very natural, and talks about business stuff relating to his investments, and the Jusung Group, showing that he's very involved with the Yoo family business despite being a celebrity.

Basically, Lee Tae-Gyeom's presence is pushed into a corner as people get more interested in Yoo Yeon Seo and Yoo Eun-ho's visuals, lol. :blobsweat_2::blobxd:

They even call Lee Tae-Gyeom a squid, lol!

Anyway, the rest of the day continued with Lee Tae-Gyeom following Yoo Yeon Seo into the Jusung Company to do business stuff, and taking Yoo Yeon Seo home before he goes off to meet with Yoo Yeon Seo's movie people to get stuff ready for Yoo Yeon Seo.

Yoo Yeon Seo collapses and is taken to the hospital by his secretary and manager. Despite their best attempts to hide his health from the public, it gets out due to people recognizing his Lee Tae-Gyeom from 24 Hour Manager. During his time in the hospital, I believe that his grandma visits, and he admits that he remembers everything (referring to his mother's death) to his grandma during his hospitalization two years ago (during the time when his brother found him and started living with him).

He tells her that he and his brother are currently investigating his mother's death, and she seems suspicious since she tells him not to remember, but I can't really tell due to the MTL being confusing. Anyway, Yoo Yeon Seo and his team announces that they're suspending his activities for a while, so that he can go to the United States to recuperate.

While he's there, doctors can't find anything wrong with him aside from a bit of anemia. So, they believe he's lying about his symptoms until they actually see it. It's then that they were completely confused by his scans, and tried their best for a month to find the reason.

Eventually, they discharge him despite not being able to find out the cause. Yoo Yeon Seo knew it was no use, but he only went to recuperate because his family was overprotective. :blob_teary::aww:

Anyway, during his hiatus, a lot of stories come out about him due to his health. Originally, in one of his movie shoots from two years ago, (this was also in the earlier chapters with the whole deal with him trying to avoid synchronization) he saw a mannequin floating, resulting in him seeing visions of his mom, triggering his synchronization. As a result, he screams, "DO I REALLY HAVE TO DO IT NOW?" and runs out of the room quickly to go and vomit blood. :blobsob::blobconfounded:

People believe its due to his trauma of being the first to find his mother's body while being so young, and start feeling bad for him. As a result of everything coming out about his health, people realize that his bad acting skills are attributed to his trauma being triggered every now and then, but recognize that he's been getting better at acting since then.

Hell, when his movie airs, people who aren't his fans go to the movies, and admit that he's a pretty good actor. Like Michelin's spoiler states, he later wins a couple of awards in 2022 or 2023, and gets to take pictures next to Hollywood celebrities.

Another point to add is during his hiatus, one part I found really realistic was how Yoo Yeon Seo was just going outside for a moment, and someone recognized him, uploading a picture on the internet scorning him, saying that he was lying about his health being bad when he was just going out. Like, mind your own business! :blobangery::blobdevil:

Apparently, there's not just Memory Synchronization that will be triggering Yoo Yeon Seo's nosebleeds, headaches, making him throw up, and leaving him weak... there's also something called Soul Synchronization (not sure if I remember it correctly), but it's just to make his soul compatible with his body that'll do the same thing I think. :blobfearful::blobfearful:

Otherwise, he'd have 1 year left to live, and he'll reincarnate into another body with a similar situation to Yoo Yeon Seo.

The current Memory Synchronization rate is at 70% as of where I am in the novel, chapter 170-ish, and the Soul Synchronization has just started and is under 2% complete! :facepalm::blobangery:

Anyway, what the Soul Synchronization is supposed to do is "erase" Kang Jin Hoo because it was affecting his body in a way that was weird. By weird, it meant that it was giving him Kang Jin Hoo's strength, which was quite strange because Yoo Yeon Seo once accidentally destroyed a pretty solid movie set, which took about two or so people to lift up while Yoo Yeon Seo was feeling weak due to his synchronization triggering.

In doing so, it wouldn't erase his memories as Kang Jin Hoo, but rather making it like a "that happened" kind of memories. Yoo Yeon Seo was fine with it because he felt like he was now just Yoo Yeon Seo, and not Kang Jin Hoo anymore.

No one, literally no one:

System: You will now start soul synchronization. :aww::aww::aww:

Yoo Yeon Seo: WDYM?! I thought I only needed Memory Synchronization to merge Yoo Yeon Seo and Kang Jin Hoo! :sweating_profusely::hmm:

System: Well... uh... you need this too...!

During one of Yoo Yeon Seo's memory synchronizations, he remembers that his mother and kept a diary in the annex before she died. When he comes out of it, he asks his brother if it's still there because there could be clues in the diary. The annex was untouched after Lee Hee Seo's death because their father didn't believe it was suicide, so he left the annex as is for evidence purposes for the future. The only reason why he didn't press into his wife's death was for his son's well-being.

Anyway, I didn't get much information about the diary since I skimmed a bit, and MTL was confusing... but Lee Hee Seo's suicide... was actually a murder. It took them 20 years to find the murderer, and I believe it was one of Yoo Yeon Seo's relatives, or the sasaeng stalker that stalked Lee Hee Seo. Anyway, they got arrested, and the internet went wild.

More about the sasaeng, he was the guy little Yeon Seo didn't recognize when he was seven. He thought he was a bodyguard, and led him to his mother. The sasaeng called him "son", making Yeon Seo feel dirty and had a delusion that Yoo Yeon Seo was his son. :notlikeblob::meowpuffytears:

I think these are the major spoilers. I don't think I'll be spoiling anything else for now unless there's more interesting spoilers. The current spoilers I've given are only up to chapter 180ish.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  13. Michelin

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a story of what happen if Kang Jin Soo didn't take over OG YYS body. The alternative world where YYS died

So after the accident, yes OG YYS died in car accident. His death became hot topic and reporters used his death as topic. Lots of celebrities talked about YYS and how they are close to him (bullsh*t, OG YYS didn't close to anyone. They just want to take advantage to be famous by using their so-called 'good' relationship to the deceased YYS).

YYS family of course very angry how their beloved child was used for entertainment and news purpose even after he passed away and tried blocked the media. Now come to Eun Ho. He remember what OG YYS said about their mother death, not suicide but murder. Yoo Eunho after YYS died didn't cried even in his funeral. He always had that stoic expression, but his atmosphere become colder. Eunho's subordinates in company felt like they walked in a thin ice after Eunho lost his brother.

So, Eunho started to investigated the case 20 years ago and long short story, he finally know the truth. This case then resurfaced and people make news of the murder case 20 years ago. And then those shameless reporters create news about YYS again in relation with Lee Heeseo's death. Literally, the news was made with lots of clickbait and became viral, those shameless people again used YYS for their benefit and Jusung Group blocked those media and threaten them. Of course the family would be very angry, i think (iirc) there are some reporters who blatantly said that Jusung Group used their authority to opress the public media (ba****d).

Finally the truth are revealed to the public and everyone. Then Eunho come to YYS's old apartment. That empty apartment looks like Eun ho's deepest heart that feel empty. He then found like hidden notes and everything related to Lee Heeseo's cases behind a wall picture of YYS photo. So, OG YYS knew all along their mother was murdered and he alone investigated the case to find the truth.

Eunho finally had breakdown and cried.

Well, this chapter focus more on Yoo Eunho's POV after he lost YYS. It was very sad reading this. Let's wait till the translator reach this part.

After that, hundred years later there is Kang Jin Soo and that's when in the current timeline, YYS (MC) remember everything. YYS then come to his apartment and tried to find the wall picture and those hidden notes.

He kind of feeling nostalgic seeing the notes, however after that he throw away those notes cause he didn't need it anymore and brought the wall picture with him (a gift from his true fan since OG YYS era). Later, Yeon seo moved his apartment and said the last goodbye to the apartment where he lived in the past few years after he possessed OG body. He said goodbye as he want to move to a place closer to his family (near Eunho's house) and good bye as he will now open new season from the start after letting go the past.

This chapter was bittersweet. The ride of emotion and how the current YYS finally let go of the past is quite... ugh i cant describe this feeling.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  14. Reitama

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobReach:
    Thank you for the spoiler. :aww::blobmelt:

15. Purple_queen

Purple_queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler again please:aww:

16. shonsz

shonsz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only the first 24 chapters are free. Where can you read the raws?

17. Michelin

Reading List:
    Link
    Free tickets in Ridi and bought it. The free tickets was when this novel is newly launched in Ridi. And she also bought it

18. Elisee

Elisee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to ask, how many chapters is the whole novel?

19. Milkwhite

Milkwhite Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am ch 80
    I would like to ask if there is any love interest or like romance...im perfectly fine even without romance but I'm just curious if there is any?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    Elisee likes this.
  20. Milkwhite

Milkwhite Member

Reading List:
    Link
    283 chapters