Discussion MBTI TYPE?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by warspite, Feb 12, 2023.

1. warspite

warspite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find MBTI pretty interesting and it's kinda fun categorizing yourself. So, mind telling me your MBTI type? What test did you take or what books/sites did you refer to in identifying your type?

Up until now, I'm still not sure what type I am. Maybe you can try typing me (if you want. Ignore the following if you don't)! I'm not entirely sure what information typing needs but here's mine:

- I'm interested in a lot of things, there's no limit, as long as they're fascinating
    - because of the above, I tend to jump from one thing to another, like in books. Not finished yet in one and I'm jumping to another one
    - relevant to the above, interested in the sense of learning, like entertaining an idea but not really acting on it
    - social life hmm, got 9 close friends, two of them I'm closest with but we don't talk that much. We barely talk lol, do u get that? Like, we know we're still friends despite not talking for months
    - not very social on socmed platforms
    - I'm friendly and approachable in real life, able to adapt to different circles but not attached to them
    - pretty talkative and super random (when I like the person I'm talking with), for instance, I saw something interesting while walking outside and I'm like, "Oooh look at that building's design, look at this and that."
    - blunt and sarcastic
    - I think I'm a kind person
    - I'm not emotionless or cold lol, I mean, I understand people, am pretty expressive, I cry, and laugh just like everybody else. I can chat likeee thisssss and can be very enthusiastic in things that I like
    - I like expressing my thoughts, I like people asking me questions
    - kinda childlike when I'm with people, like, "Why didn't you let me press that elevator button?"
    - leading the group? no, please. I'll do it only when necessary. I'm good as a member as long as the leader is smart and efficient
    - I do assignments when I'm in the mood to do them. Schedules and plans don't really work for me, I tried but failed. I proceed freely
    - I'm perceptive to emotions, I know when to shut up
    - I can be pretty sensitive when criticized by people
    - party? nope
    - confident? I am
    - I like knowing why things are like this and that. What led you to this decision
    - genius? nope, pretty average
    - like to innovate? not really sure, mind empty, no thoughts
    - problem child? nah, I'm well-behaved, I'm doing well in school
    - creative or artistic? artistic nah but I can be creative when I want to

This is too long, just ask me if a crucial data ain't listed. Thank You!

2. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m infp-a and I got 100% introvert, which was my title before this one

Eat_Angst and warspite like this.
  3. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    INTJ, the Architect. I used 16 Personalities and they say that INTJs are “tacticians that love perfecting the details of life, applying creativity and rationality to everything they do. Their inner world is often a private, complex one”

I recommend using this website for finding your MBTI type

Pachia320, Eat_Angst and warspite like this.
  4. Aqua_the_idiot

Aqua_the_idiot my decisions are justified by my name

Reading List:
    Link
  5. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html
    https://www.personalitypage.com/html/info.html
    It's an old looking website but the explanations are great, thorough, and helped me understand the theory behind mbti types as a whole.

Oh. I might be INFJ, INFP, INTJ or INTP. Not sure. I'm pretty sure about the i and n though.
    (Edit: after rereading some type profiles for the first time in years, I think I'm INFJ. It can change, not set in stone. I might have been a different type a long time ago)

From what I learned, MBTI type has more to do with the way you perceive the world, how you process the information, how you problem solve, etc.

The test questions are to try and figure that out indirectly. But they can't know your exact process for doing a certain action, they just generalize that 'most' people who answer X, must be processing things using Y.

Reading about the meaning behind each letter can help you come to a more accurate idea for you personally, compared to tests. As long as you are honest with yourself and not blind to your own process (I think it does happen).

EDIT (again): I had forgotten, there is a 'Growth' page for each type. It goes into strengths, weaknesses, and how someone of that type can grow (what to focus on).
    https://www.personalitypage.com/html/personal.html

PS: I really think it's a great website and I hope some of you who see this post will try reading it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    Eat_Angst and warspite like this.
  6. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    INTP-T

This is totally me

7. warspite

warspite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for these!!!

mir likes this.
  8. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an ISTP-A
    Mostly believe it cause it's true that I don't really have a solid standing? Like lukewarm water neither hot nor cold but at the same time both

warspite likes this.
  9. Pachia320

Pachia320 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an ISFP-T (Turbulent Adventurer).

I got the results from 16personalities

warspite likes this.
  10. Catshead

Catshead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ISTP-T
    Though it doesn't mean much, it's still fun to know. It's interesting mostly because you can see what kind of person you are from an outside pov. Just so when you come across posts on the internet you can kind of stop to check yourself and your friends. "Oh I do that." Then move on.

warspite and Aqua_the_idiot like this.
  11. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    INFJ(-T, to be more specific)
    From psychology class.

warspite likes this.
  12. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Im INFPT but i kinda think mbti is a bit BS now cuz I have a crush who has the same MBTI type as me but we're almost polar opposites

warspite likes this.
  13. Aqua_the_idiot

Aqua_the_idiot my decisions are justified by my name

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmaoo same it's so hard for me too choose and I don't have a pattern for anything

warspite and Eat_Angst like this.
  14. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an INFP-T and I need someone to ask for tissues and to answer calls from the bank for me. :blobneet: (please)

My turbulence is really high too and I think T secretly means toxic blobmelt_thumbs.

Actually I already kinda forgot what INFP means haha but I've taken the test multiple times and I always get that. Maybe it's time to take it again :blobcat_hyper:

warspite likes this.
  15. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    For years, my test consistently resulted in INTP. Now though, it sometimes veered into ISTP:meowpuffydizzy:

warspite likes this.
  16. Deleted member 310942

Deleted member 310942 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I got INTP-T the last time I took it. I took it on multiple sites, and I almost always got INTP-T

YOOO twins! :aww:

Did you guys notice that so far, everybody has I in their personality type?

warspite likes this.
  17. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    INTJ
    I took the actual Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

Anyway, just know that MBTI is not only outdated, but also flawed. Basically, it isn't really backed by anything.
    MBTI is kind of the zodiac signs of the business sector. :cookie:

Anyway, I suppose there's nothing wrong with having fun with it, tho.

mir and warspite like this.
  18. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have the time, you definitely should self type yourself.

Mbti is deeper than you think, i suggest studying the cognitive functions itself to accurately type yourself.

Mbti isn't just 4 letters that you can be, behind each letter backs cognitive functions that you prefer to use~ If you want to discover more about yourself mbti really is an eye opening topic. Just dig deeper for more info!

[First off, I want to clarify something that painfully many people fail to understand, which is that personality types aren't MBTI. MBTI stands for Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and is merely a test.

You see, Katherine Briggs and Isabel Myers - the women behind the whole assessment - didn't come up with the theory. Theirs is actually a simplified reconstruction off Swiss Psychiatrist Carl Jung’s theory of psychological types.

Therefore - in order to evaluate MBTI - you have to consider Jung’s theory..] - someone said.

I'm an Entp~ and my enneagram type is 7w8.

And no, do not use 16 personality for the test. It is inaccurate. 16 personality is infamous in the mbti community lol.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    orematcha and warspite like this.
  19. Stripedhatbecomesgay

Stripedhatbecomesgay Guess who’s a super good spammer? It’s me!

Reading List:
    Link
    What the, we sound very similar!
    I am also very random with my friends and I'm interested in tons of things! Like mushrooms, they're super cool and I do the same thing with books lol
    Ok maybe not that much but still cool!

warspite likes this.
  20. ClosetGoblin

ClosetGoblin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m an ENTP too!! So many introverts on here lmaoo…

warspite likes this.