Spoiler The villain in the horror game dreams of the heroine every night

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lilacforyou99, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's camp

Yuen and Chorkie like this.
  2. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Celine and Leonhart got married, curses were broken, so yeah, no more suffering

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  3. Paine__ace

Paine__ace Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently read up to chapter 34... any spoiler please

Chorkie likes this.
  4. rooe

rooe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoiler please

5. Silver_Owl

Silver_Owl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. novel_manga-fan

novel_manga-fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a webtoon now:blobparty:

Manhwalover356 likes this.
  7. Chorkie

Chorkie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read it?! Do you know who the artist is?

8. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the information based on the OG Novel?
    I am asking Because in the first three webtoon chapters he seems to be too much of an asshole/dickhead to me.
    For example, in the manhwa version after he has witnessed for the first time her resurrection he immediately accused her of being a black witch, was about to cut her neck with his sword and then she had to beg him desperately to stop by convincing him otherwise.....

I really hated that scene.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
    Scapezz likes this.
  9. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, he acted the same in novel. But soon agreed that she can't be a witch as she would have reacted in a different way.
    He apologized the next day after he dreamt the occurrence from ehr point of view, which includes emotions and feelings.
    Give him a bit of break as he relives her deaths multiple times in the night and has been doing that for a whole month.

10. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I can comprehend why he reacted this way/behave so frantic erratic but I am pretty much done with brooding bloodthirsty immature crazy MLs who easily threaten with violence, torture & murder the life of an inferior helpless being/a very struggling suffering desperate Heroine.

Of course, you can forgive a ML like him because after that traumatic mistreatment he pampers his Special Girl FL with all his rich resources to keep her safe and content - Like any other high ranking powerful dangerous problematic Romantic Male Lead obsessing over his target FL.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  11. Kyrina

Kyrina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wait for 1-2 more chapters at manhwa then all is good. First meeting ended unpleasantly, but it resolved quickly. ML had big heart and didn't hesitate to admit his mistakes. They would travel together to slay monsters and find the way to break the curse.

You can also read the novel. The translation is quite far ahead already.

A clarification, this is NOT yandere vs pitiful maiden kind of story. On the contrary, I think it falls into ADVENTURE genre, NOT ROMANCE.

Please don't quickly make assumption before reading enough chapters so it doesn't become misleading.

PS: More spoiler plssss. I'm dying to know about the curse and what had actually happened in the background story of game.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  12. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One small thing to note on the ML at the beginning, he’s severely sleep deprived and has been full on experiencing various deaths for over a month at that point.
    It does seem like the author put some effort into noting how that would mess a person up, for the both of them. Yeah, the MC pops back alive afterwards, but it still friggin hurts. And it seems like she’s dieing 1-5 times a day so... yeah. She’s a little bit of a nervous wreck until she sees some hope, and the ML has developed some actual trauma from experiencing her deaths so much. Once he gets some actual sleep and sees a way to avoid the nightly visions his behavior gets a lot better.

13. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    It was still a very bad first impression and very reminicent of the classic Bryonic Hero or Disturbed Horrorfying Black Haired ML unreasonably harming/manhandling the Victim Heroine who can evtl free him from his pain/problem.
    Doesn't change my personal dislike of this trope.
    But I'll take your word for it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    OtomeAddict, Scapezz and layyu like this.
  14. Nanashy

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like how you phrased that last bid with the info that you haven't read more than the scene were he threatened her for being a witch. How the heck do you expect him to react when he has been tortured by dying with MC for a whole month multiple times per sleep. Then in that sleep deprived state you see someone jump from the window and next thing you know they have revived like some zombie right in front of you.
    I actually applaud ML for not letting his first reaction to really be cutting her head with the magical sword. His first reaction was to see how she would react when the sword came to her neck, if she had been a witch she would have reacted differently and he knows that as he has dealt with witches before. He realizes soon enough that MC is in a curse same as him. Although her curse is more lenient as it happens only once (as in she doesn't repeat the way she dies).

15. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure, if he really was just bluffing and testing considering his unstable mental state...
    Agree to disagree.
    Everyone has its own perception/interpretation.

Scapezz and layyu like this.
  16. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler about why ML's family dead?

17. ErryChu

ErryChu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How are you going to react in you were in the same situation as the ML? Just a curiosity question because you seems so critical of him.
    It’s pretty normal for sleep deprived people to be emotionally unstable and tend to be more on the angry side. The symptoms could be slow thinking, lack of energy, irritable mood, and etc that sleep deprived people could feel.
    And imagine you been seeing death scene for every single time you try to sleep. It’s pretty normal to be “aggressive” and more than likely blame the person that keeps dying in his dream especially if it’s the same person over and over again. It’s almost normal to thinks “did this person curse me? Why do I keep seeing you?” And any sorts of negative thoughts.
    At least I for one would be going crazy trying to find ways to try to stop these “death scenes” nightmares that keeps repeating itself.

so in my opinion, his actions toward the MC is pretty justified? Like why wouldn’t YOU be questioning/threatening the person if you managed to find the very person that has been causing your nightmares? She’s a “complete stranger”. Do you expect the ML to sit down nicely in a table talking to her? not with his sleep deprived state and about-to-go-crazy mental state due to FL. They’re more than likely that they aren’t going to think/care about the person they’re interrogating. The redeeming qualities of the ML is that he realized his mistake after feeling her emotions/feelings in his nightmare when she first met him and apologized about it.

and hence, I wanted to know what you would have done if you were in his position. Would you really be nice? toward the same person that was causing your nightmare for a month?

if you still don’t approve of the ML, then I guess it’s best to drop it. I had read your description about your dislike toward blood thirsty and violent ML and I just honestly don’t see him that way, it’s a pretty normal reaction for a normal person to “run away” when they see a dead person being revived especially if they don’t have the power to fight back the supernatural. And in that world, it seems only witches has cursed/magic/supernatural powers. ML has confidence in his swords, and that’s why he decided to question her because he has the power to protect himself and he isn’t in a state of mind to care about people’s opinions in a sleep deprived state that made him to be irritated. He also wanted to check if she’s a black witch since witches in that world seems to be causing chaos or problems. It’s better to just nip the problem in the bud if the ML really find out that they’re a real black witch.
    And like ML had said “real witches react differently towards threats than normal humans” Real witches can more than likely fight back or defend themselves but not a normal human that hasn’t learn any martial arts.
    In his view threatening witches is an effective way to finding out if they’re real witches or not. As he has dealt with witches before, that’s probably his only “method” to interrogate witches if he doesn’t have any “items” that can identify witches. Which he doesn’t seems to have at all.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  18. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on your comment I assume you must be really into this ML...
    To take his story so seriously that you have to defend him with all your might and even try to convince any user like me who just don't like him for whatever reason.
    I mean, does it have to bother you that much?
    You don't have to try/argue so hard to explain why you pity/sympathize with this kind of troubled ML.

As I already mentioned everyone has its own personal interpretations and perception.
    And to me how this ML attacked his FL was a no-go for me. Describing the whole context doesn't change my personal dislike.
    It's still just my own opinion and obviously this plot turns out not to be my cup of tea. Plain and simple.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
    Scapezz likes this.
  19. Nanashy

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue probably is the fact that you dismissed the ML just based on one scene, but you write it as if you have read further into the story. But i agree, each to their own opinion.

Anyways a bit of spoiler:
    MC started following ML to his missions as the both of them couldn't take being apart from each other for long. MC turned out to be a mage with potential. They found out as she absorbed a mana stone per chance and gained mana this way.

At some point MC and ML ended up hatching a dragon which attached itself to MC as a bracelet. This dragon's diet consists of mana stones and also expanded MCs mana pool - she now has the power to drown quite a number of monsters in a lake by unfreezing and freezing it back.

20. Aiko_Tachibana

Aiko_Tachibana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the ML. He is possibly the only one in a long time now, who regretted his actions and asked for forgiveness. He can feel her pain and is sleep deprived. That's a legitimate reason to have paranoia and act impulsively. Though, whether I forgive him or not is a different issue altogether.

Camp!:aww: