Tell me something about yourself

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CrescentCats, Feb 16, 2023.

?

Cat?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

4. I don’t know

5. /ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CrescentCats

CrescentCats Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, how are you doing? Well as the title suggests i would like for you to tell me something about yourself, it could be anything, old or recent, happy or sad things anything goes. Please don’t tell me anything personal such as your phone number or card information, address etc.
    I will go first. When I was young like in elementary school, I use to get really sick when riding the school bus. I would be extremely nauseous and a lot of times I threw up in the bus, my parents would give me something sweet like candy or chocolate to help with the nausea. My mouth would feel salty before I threw up so having something that was the opposite of salty such as sugar helped me feel better.
    Have a great rest of your day or night.
    /ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗ *ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ*

Lurking, Ash_Kira, Issis and 6 others like this.
  2. meiokin

meiokin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A little funny story I have no one to tell about me losing my toenail lol

I was about 10 years old and I was returning home with my sister. To enter the staircase we had to open this kind of metal door and I don't know how I did it, but somehow I hit my big toe with it and it hurt like hell. I thought I was going to die from the pain, but somehow I got up to the fourth floor normally, and on the way I forbade my sister to tell our parents about it because I felt stupid lmao. I wouldn't have told them about it, but it turned out my whole sandal was in blood and my toenail had fallen off lol
    When I saw it I got a little scared and fainted and then they saw it themselves and later they laughed at me because they couldn't even imagine how I had done that :meowyaranaika:

I need to say that it's even bigger pain in the ass ten years later because this little shit has never grown back properly and there is no way to prevent it from ingrowing to this very day :meowpuffytears:

3. ikhors

ikhors [ Servant Of Evil ]

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao ok this is a pretty embarrassing story but when I was younger before we immigrated to the US me and my cousins would go on these little trips to find precious stones to sell to locals and we'd spend that money buying candy and other good stuff.
    Anyway the place we got those stones was this like open field and to get to that field we went through a trail that was connected to the graveyard. Like connected. If you took one step off the trail you'd be stepping on a grave. The yard wasn't fenced either...
    I for the life of me can not walk in a straight line. It was worse when I was a kid ,, I was a victim and ended up walking off trail and ontop of some poor guy's grave. I didn't notice until one of my cousins called me back and it was very awkward after that to say the least.
    I speak three languages, Arabic(fluent in speaking, can mediocrely read and write it), English (fluent), and Spanish (I wasn't gonna put this here but I took enough years of it where i can comprehend it pretty well)
    hmm I'm neurodivergent?
    I didn't care for harry potter
    I have the attention span of a fly..
    I suck at baking, with or without instructions I just suck at it.
    That's all i could think of:blobcatthinkingglare:

4. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    I get more spam calls than text messages. I’m either autistic or neurodivergent, it doesn’t affect me too much, but it does effect my comprehension.
    No stories are coming to me now, but I used to “teach” my stuff dog how to walk. Let me link a picture. I still love this puppy. My sister once painted his nails, now his claws are a bit messed up. He is also an “air bender” since I used to “itch” this one spot and I ended up ripping it and my grandmother repaired it with blue threads,
    https://ibb.co/BcD6MJz
    https://ibb.co/8jkS0zk
    https://ibb.co/Yc5KGMX

also getting him is my first memory, it was at my local shop rite (a grocery store) and I still remember where the stand was, in between the medicine shelf and the last cash register. I remember my mom (she had big puffy hair- it was the style) was on the phone at the time and just casually placed it next to me since I reached out with both arms and grunted towards it. I couldn't have been older than 2 or 3 years old. After that my next closest memory is around 8 y/o.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
    Issis, CrescentCats and Catshead like this.
  5. Catshead

Catshead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to be a chronic nosebleeder. There was no reason, I would just start bleeding at random.
    The bleeding would last anywhere from 30mins~1hour or more and occur multiple times a week. Once it started I would have minutes to get out of the way before my two hands aren't enough to cup the amount of blood I was losing. One time a staff member thought I was skipping class, peeked into the washroom, almost gave her a heart attack with the amount of blood down the front of my shirt.

Didn't have any health issues at all, it seemed my body was able to keep pumping out enough blood to quickly replace what I was losing. Now it happens far less, still no explanation for it. I apologize to all the janitors that had to clean up the blood and am deeply thankful.

Tech is life, Pacekot, Issis and 3 others like this.
  6. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might go back to study but in another country this time. It's for my master's degree, hopefully, if they acknowledge my undergrad. I don't know how to proceed with all of these. I've been dealing with depression these past few years after covid and haven't gone out and interacted with other people (aside from family and family friends from gatherings)so maybe a new environment can help my brain out a bit.

7. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    In middle school I used reading as a way to forget my depression and severe anxiety. I read a book a day, minimum 400 pages. In one year alone, I read 350 books.

8. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    I killed my toy parrot. I wanted to give it a shower but well.... Electricity and water aren't the bestest of friends.

9. CrescentCats

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you kill a toy parrot? Is that a thing?

10. dailily

dailily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a lucky potato who have lots of genuine friends who doesn't get tired of dealing with my random nonsense.

11. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to hate pineapples, but then I ate a freshly cut one, and realised that it wasn't pineapples I hated, but rather tinned pineapples. Those things taste so artificial and sweet, like where's the tanginess?

Oh, I also got bored of math lessons since I was really good at it, I remember that towards the end of this one year, I would just do the 10 minute starter we got at the start of the lesson, and then proceed to read a book the rest of the lesson. The teacher never said anything to me, either because he didn't really mind or he didn't notice.

12. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    Caffeine and I are on bad terms.
    I'm allergic to peppers.
    I like random animal facts.

13. Deleted member 314196

Deleted member 314196 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh
    When I was a Lad...
    I seriously tried to hatch a duckling from an Almond... but putting it between my Armpit... and I may or may not have ate it afterwards... when I found out the truth...

CrescentCats and hypersniper159 like this.
  14. CrescentCats

Reading List:
    Link
    Do
    Do you speak Arabic due to your ethnicity or nationality, or did you learn the language because you like it?

15. ikhors

ikhors [ Servant Of Evil ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Due to my ethnicity and nationality, it’s my first language

CrescentCats likes this.
  16. Deleted member 504622

Deleted member 504622 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If this is true then I am seriously impressed by that number.
    A friend that my brother and I met in high school loves books. We didn't know if she had depression or anxiety then because she was severely bullied before we started hanging out with her for reasons we never got to know, but she was good at downplaying her situation. I remember clear as day when she was slapped so hard across the face by some girl that I thought my brother was going to get into a fight. But not even a day passed she was all smiles reading a book by the school gate. She was always okay the next day. It wasn't until we got invited to her house for lunch and she gave us a tour that I found how she uses books (or reading, in general) to keep her "sane". There was a 60 sqm. room full of books, some are on the floor because there wasn't enough space anymore. She said she would hole up there for days, read books she bought or was given to her while she also studies our books from school. She even read newspapers from way before. When we think back, she was really a tough cookie. Anyone would have given up school, but she never missed a class. She graduated with the second highest GPA in highschool, she's now a Physicist, about to get married in June this year, and she's still the only person that can outread us.

I hope things are doing much better for you since, Kelsea.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2023
  17. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh thank you T.T that’s literally so sweet.

I am so much better and happier now. I used books as a way to keep myself from thinking because it was painful to think about all the crappy things that happened at that time. But because my dad pushed me to go out of my comfort zone, I’ve healed.

I definitely don’t read as much as then, but I still like to do it (I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t). I’m so happy your friend was able to get through that hard period of her life as well. Life is hard, but it’s worth living :blobsmilehappy:

Issis and Deleted member 504622 like this.
  18. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can cry on cue.

It's like I'm bullying a child but that child is actually me.

I have made use of this trait on many occasions.

But the thing is, all though I can mimic attachment, excitement(The trailing dog kind), sadness, and anger, I cannot mimic joy and excitement that comes with happiness .

Also yesterday I made use of it to go home early. Cause it was a criket match between Nepal and Scotland yesterday most of my classmates did not bring any books or copies. So all our classes were free times.

I pretended to be sick and went to the nurses office and she scolded me for smiling and telling her I'm in pain. 'i know how a person in pain looks, which class you have? Why do you like to skip so much...' she was angry because of one of my classmates who had a similar idea in order to hang out with her boyfriend.

She sent me back to class. And I made sure she regretted it. The pure guilt and unwillingness to admit her wrongs was very hehehehe factor for me.

When she sent me to wash my face I saw how miserable I looked. I tried so hard not to laugh out loud.

When I went back to class to get my belongings (they were sending me home)
    I saw that our history professor and maths professor standing together, conversing about my classmates who were outside our class, sitting in all kinds of position doing some work.

And the history sir saw my miserable state and he smiled. I don't know how I managed not to laugh like a madman. I went into class, to the girl who had helped me to the medical office . Grabbed her hand as tight as possible and sobbed that it hurt.

She helped me carry my bag to the receptionist.

Hahahahaha

I don't care about how shameless I am as long as it works, it works. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

What will they do? Punish a sickly student who is in so much pain that she can't even speak properly?

19. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently, I am full of rage.

20. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was in kindergarten, I would sit on a swing and contemplate my future. I thought 12 would be old age, and I'd die at 16. When I got to 16, I had a close brush with death, but doctors and modern medicine saved me. If it was like 100 years earlier, I wouldn't have been saved. I was already an apathetic kid bored with everything and without dreams or aspirations. It's like I was meant to have a short life. Problem is, I'm still alive, still without dreams or aspirations, just going on by inertia... My only escape from this drab reality is other people's imagination - books, movies, comics, that sorta thing. And now I dread death, cause it probably won't be under anesthesia like when I was 16. Cancer, dementia, senseless murder, who knows... The more I read the news, the more I hate people. Anyway. I still feel sick in cars and buses, I've just learned to control myself better with different tactics. But if there are enough turns and the driver can't drive smoothly, I'd still throw up. Thankfully, trains and airplanes are fine. If souls exist, and it's a limited resource, and there's a huge population increase, maybe some people get born with 0.000000001 of a soul. Maybe I'm one of those.