What is your first CN?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by De Lan, Feb 23, 2023.

1. De Lan

De Lan Smartass from blue planet

Reading List:
    Link
    What is your first CN that you read? Do you still remember it? And would you read that again for the second time
    Mine is Against the Gods, and I don't think I want to reread it again, since I don't like the harem part

2. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    Swallowed Star
    reread again? nah, perhaps only the arc that i like, not all of them.

asriu likes this.
  3. Tresdezara

Tresdezara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Coiling Dragon. friend kept saying i should read "this Chinese martial arts novel" and my mind instantly went to the stuff you see in like karate kid and said nah for a few year. eventually i read it and realized how wrong i was and it set me down a rabbit hole. at one point i was keeping up with 25 books at once. I did eventually reread it and i might in the future but i do remember that i felt the ending was rushed (like alot of novels)

WangLing likes this.
  4. leviella

leviella ༒ a salted fish who lives inside a book ༒

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon King's Son-in-law

I won't read it again for the same reason... I don't like a harem, like for pete's sake, he marries 4 or 5 women (and one girl)... I also dislike their personalities.

Now that I remember it, I want to beat the ignorant past me...:blobcat_knife:

5. bethatcat

bethatcat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint lol
    I resisted reading web novels for so long, until I read the ORV manhwa and was losing my mind because of the slow updates. So I just read the novel.
    It set the bar wayyy too high for future novels I would read
    Yes I've read it like three times all the way through lol

leviella likes this.
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    from spctvnet? that pretty old~ this cat read it and think it was a novel like traditional novel~

for online novel swallowed star, this cat think read it before Unique Legend or something a light novel about student who somehow attend high school for people with super power~ nah this cat don't wanna read it again
    published novel, Romance of The Three Kingdoms localize with this cat think Hakka dialect perhaps? Khong Ming become Khong Beng, Liu Bei become Liu Pei~ when this cat played Dynasty Warriors it kinda mess up the names so yeah wanna read it again.. with different naming

Jasad likes this.
  7. leviella

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you. Orv is such a masterpiece! ::bloblove:: But, orv is KR novel, she asked about the first Chinese Novel you've read...

8. De Lan

De Lan Smartass from blue planet

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I remember very confused at first coz I thought the MC already go with this girl and then why did he also try to go with the other?
    Until I realised something called Harem :blob-blank-reading:

9. Pacekot

Pacekot [Spades] [Blackjack #10]

Reading List:
    Link
    I Shall Seal the Heavens by ER Gen..
    That time my friend recommended NU saying that there is a lot of novel to read.. and at that time this novel stand out among other CN..

I forgot a lot if things from this novel, the only thing that i remember is how hilarious Lord Fifth is, maybe i Will reread it in the future

10. puukkiss

puukkiss I'm Keeping My Eye On You!

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say with 100% currently, but if I can believe my goodreads than 'Release that Witch'?
    I stopped reading when it started to feel like MC was collecting Witches like Pokémon and Witches are helpless without him. Although there is no Harem tag the novel felt like Harem one. One dude surrouned by witches.

11. leviella

Reading List:
    Link
    Same~ I didn't even know what harem means at that time until I came across this novel. Yet unexpectedly, I finished reading it while feeling annoyed... :meowyaranaika: My mindset at that time was ‘I should at least read it to the end to give respect to the author's effort.’ instead of dropping...:notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

12. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine was Martial God Asura because I want to see a real harem and wish fulfillment happen, after that I realize the story repeats itself and I quit, strangely I continue again after around 2000 chapters were skipped...
    Will I ever reread this? Definitely no! Once is enough

13. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    i got it first from baka tsuki, after that i go to spcnet.tv..
    ah yes, unique legend..;pretty weird for me..

asriu likes this.
  14. bethatcat

bethatcat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shit yeah lol!! Idky my brain completely ignored that
    In that case, my first CN was probably Spare Me Great Lord! It was kinda ass icl :blob_zipper_mouth:

15. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember it'd a food novel! Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator. I liked it a lot, the food sounds so yum and such hehe

16. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Return of the Condor Heroes
    This also happens to be my favorite Chinese novel so the other answers should be pretty obvious. Back in the day there weren't any fan translations yet so I had to learn Chinese to read it.

17. amilhs

amilhs Moon Walker

Reading List:
    Link
    Tales of demons and gods...idk if it's already fin by the author though...that was already yrs ago...then panlong.

18. moonlhgt

moonlhgt ~Is in la la land~

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was Rebirth of the Strongest Empress. Even if it wasn't my very first one, it was definitely really close to it. It's the only one I've reread 4 times. I didn't fully reread it those 4 times, I'd just reread it when waiting for chapters to update because the beginning chapter were definitely the best. It's a pretty typical standard plot tbh, but for some reason it's one of my favorite. I started reading it in 2019 I think. It just finished a couple months ago. Still a little scarred

19. elideli

elideli keepin' an eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    King's Avatar!
    I started reading it because I really liked the donghua but I dropped it around 1000~ chapters in because I took a break and forgot everything. I would definitely re-read it just for the chance to actually finish it.

20. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    I cant remember which of two was my first CN novel.
    Coiling Dragon
    Stellar Transformation

They were both written by the same author.

As for what I remember....A fair amount actually? Its been awhile since iv posted here and forget the spoiler thingy, so not gonna say anything beyond one gets a birdy friend, one gets a rat friend.

IET has a generally good quality to his writing but he does run some similar cliches in a lot of his novels.

EDIT: And yes, iv reread both of them because I didnt find any particular characters or plot devices so aggravating to drove me away. The worst is that IET can kinda...drag things on but hes not nearly the worst offender. Iv read a few of his works though there are two iv started and just never finished...
    The Desolate Era, I made it like 3/4 the way then just got tired cause its terribly dragged out.
    Lord Xeu Ying, I just didnt really get into it.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023