Spoiler The Price Of Breaking Up

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Say me how the hell is this two in one story, I just don't get it.
    In manhwa ch 17: the assasin telling FL that the new "saintess" having relationship with the high priest. FL toughts after this: "He can't love somebody because he's on high priest level and already vowed to serve God, so he can't love or marry someone, not even having a child, and kissing someone is also serious sin for a priest beside it's blasphemy."
    In manchwa chapter 22 last panel: the Pope for FL:" I came to seduce you"....
    Just what the hell :bloborz:

2. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    the new girl started to make nasty rumors about her before coming to see her, the fl got angry and decided to spread rumors too.

Ravenz, Skrin, Chunin and 2 others like this.
  3. Yume-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, she done it well, she don't need to leave that nasty thing to bully her. And the behavior of the "new saint" at the banquet....... she is just a selfish b*tch, the "I do whatever I want, sience I'm special" type, but she knows the best that there is nothing special in her, this is why she spreading rumors, before she even meet FL, and beat that girl who stand up for FL on the banquet and questioned her behaviour, if she trully going to marry with the CP then the kingdom is doomed. Beating somebody in public, before the aristocraty... She trully don't have brain..... She just ruined her own reputation more.

Ravenz and Chunin like this.
  4. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Slap is actually pretty common in those stories.Its just that this one didn't felt justified.

5. drikamichiura

drikamichiura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happen with the crown prince in tne ending? Will he be happy with the saint?
    Or he wiil regret?

karaa00000 likes this.
  6. Echichichi

Echichichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He ended up with me...lol.. I'm joking...I want to know abt this too! Or maybe he'll end up with the MC lady in waiting?

7. Yume-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely not with the saint, the true saint is FL.

Dobokan and drikamichiura like this.
  8. Samona

Samona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally completed this one. The storytelling felt like ages. There's a lot of discussion going on, I'll try to answer the question I've noticed in between.
    • Punishment of the Crown Prince:
    The last trial was held by the pope. The crown prince lost his position & got demoted to the first prince. Now the 1st Prince Irnos & 2nd Prince Alfred could fight fairly for the throne. But Irnos' future was bleak, even if he succeed the throne, he couldn't have his own children carry the lineage. That was part of his punishment according to the imperial law, as he abused his younger brother.

• Emperor's punishment:
    They considered his position and put minor restrictions on him. He had to lower the taxes for 3 months. He couldn't take any partner. He had to leave for the former Empress's duchy & live there, plus give acknowledgement to her works.

The Emperor had poisoned the previous Empress too. Dude was more upset that he couldn't marry anymore.
    [​IMG]

• Side Stories:
    It starts with marriage of the leads. Their oaths were elaborately described. Elsia already had a ring on her finger. So they exchanged other gifts. ML gifted her the first Saint's relic. The two princes also attended their wedding. After that there was a non descriptive wedding night. Then, the last story was about FL's memory with Rias & parents.

Apparently Popes could have children but priests couldn't. There were also mentions of such past antecedents in the world building.

NGL I was expecting more fluff. Author-nim really knows how to drag plots :blobexpressionless:.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  9. LaRue

LaRue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the ending with the "true" fiancée of the crown prince?

Chunin likes this.
  10. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!❤❤❤

Dobokan and Naenia like this.
  11. lDeadKillerl

lDeadKillerl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah sorry I cant in good conscience support the ML he's the definition of trash the same as the Crown Prince and former Pope and Emperor why ? Let me Explain
    First how is he exposing the truth and corruption of the temple when he is doing the same thing replacing a fake oracle with another fake oracle just so the Crown Prince and the FL brake up the engagement so that HE can take her since in chapter 3 of the manhwa he says that she belongs to him he's no different than the former pope who colluded with the Emperor to create the original fake oracle.
    And than he tries to kidnap her so that he can 'talk' with her or something he is very clearly a disturbed individual thinking she belongs to him and created the situation that the FL found herself in so that he can posses her he didn't expose the truth he just created another lie because he is obsessed with the FL.
    My advice he should jump off the nearest cliff available.
    I don't support any of them the ML should be someone form outside a duke or a crown prince form a different empire

12. Yume-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you! ML should just drop dead.

Wait, CP Abusing his brotherr? What the hell? Why? How long, Is FL know from this?

Sarah1281, Herbie420, Liliss and 2 others like this.
  13. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new girl was not exactly the mind innocent! Her first meeting was barging into the fl’s room and say she wants to check her soon to be place while mocking the fl!

What about the second saint?

Yume-sama and Priar like this.
  14. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but that by itself didn't warrant the FL spreading malicious rumours. Plus the new girl was upfront about it, but the fl plotted behind the scenes, she was low

15. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think so.
    It's not modern day, it's medieval age in a noble setting. What the point of being upfront here ? Except ruining her own reputation by doing a dog fight.

She fights like a noble would do, on the contrary I don't know what in the head of the twin tail. She is a marquis daughter, not a baron or commoner, she doesn't have the excuses of having a bad education to act that way.

16. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I should add to this that even in today’s world that’s the way many things progress… I wish we lived in a perfect world where everyone could be upfront and fight honestly(and the same for this story), but when put in corner in the face of power and stripped of all the hard works and even worse than that the one companion that was like your redemption and by none other that person … it’s expected that one hit below the belt.

Dobokan and Priar like this.
  17. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened with the fake saint? And I want to know more about the crown prince’s regret or if he begs fl to come back to him

Priar likes this.
  18. BellaReader

BellaReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't. ML didn't ruined her life. Didn't intend to ruin her life. He did not spread false rumors - this was done by the daughter of the Marquis. He did not force the prince to break off the engagement - the prince himself did it and for the typical selfish reason of such characters (like Sovieshu or the duke from the manga "I'm the ML ex-girlfriend", etc) - she did not express her love for him enough, he wants to be loved more...
    And why shouldn't she fall in love with him? Because he is trying to reform the church and reveal the truth? Because he's interested in her? Because he prevented her from marrying an idiot who couldn't talk straight to the woman he loved? I think she should thank ML for that.
    ML is obviously interested in FL, but no false or true prophecy could change the position of the FL, if not for the decision of the prince.
    The ML meets the FL already on the ruins of a previous "life". And not to save, but to get to know each other. He is not the reason for the changes in her life. After doesn't mean because. Yes, ML made a decision. But how does this cancel out the feelings they can and will have for each other in the future, when they get to know each other better? Should she hate him for not continuing to lie for her sake, or just out of fear that her life or lifes of the prince, the imperial family, and the priests would be changed because of his decision? Or FL should hate him for the fact that her fiancé immediately broke off the engagement without unnecessary curtsies and conversations? It's all ridiculous.

It's even better! So ML is in love/obsessed with FL from the very beginning and hopes to win her over and pull her out of a years-long engagement? This is very cool. I have not read about such a scheming and successful ML yet.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  19. Priar

Priar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

Saijka Riin and BellaReader like this.
  20. Yume-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read manhwa ch 23....truthfully, the ML is disgust me in this chapter even more......
    so ML healed MCs maid's child, and now he taking advantage on this situation, and making the maid spy on MC and stalk on MC, and doing "things" for him......on the end of the chapter, the maid having some inner conflict because of guilt of betraying MC, but she "need" to do, because ML healed her child... Ugh.... MC is trusting this maid, so if this coming out of light that going to be very painful to her.....

Just what the hell is with this f*cked up ML?
    I think it would be very good if MC just ending be alone, or with that assasin of hers....