Resolved Dungeons and portals in modern days

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by fr0t, Mar 12, 2023.

1. fr0t

fr0t Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember if it's a novel or if it's a manhwa, but I think it's a dungeon novel based on the modern days. I remember a scene in the beginning where the MC goes into a portal alone, after he booked it on a company. The portal is in a desert and there he meets a powerful demon (?) who was circumventing the "rank" limit of the portal using a clone, but the MC kills him and ends his plan to blow up the portal and cause a stampede. In the end the MC is injuried and its rescued by the emergency team from this company.

Then the company (which is on the black market) gives to him the possibility to choose a skill orb (which is very rare) and I think he chooses one that allows him to make cold and calculating judgments, with all actions taken in order to achieve the desired goal (regardless of the cruelties carried out for this to happen), then at the exit the team employee (who is kind of the head of security at this company) asks if this was the one he wanted and he agreed.

2. fr0t

fr0t Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I managed to find the novel in question. It's The Author's POV, in case anyone was interested.

theunluckywhale likes this.