Hikvision C4000 SSD review aka, predator gm-7 without lottery.

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by xiazixin, Mar 16, 2023.

1. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The post is still wip please wait.

SSD price are historically low, its so cheap that you can find 2TB TLC SSD for less than 80 usd.
    It was insane, I still remember the time when the price of 1TB cost well over 100.
    Thankyou YMTC for making cheap memory.

For some reason laptops in 2023 still come with stock storage space and memory smaller than mobile phones. :confused::confused:

As I'm running out of storage while I'm travelling, hence I'm ordering SSD online. (even though there are plenty of SSD inside my drawers).
    As some one who moderately understand some tech obviously I'm going to buy the newest SSD which is the YMTC. (micron b58 die are just too expensive at this point.)

In paper, the x-stacking 3 die (EET1A die as no one can remember the name anyway) should perform similarly with performance of 2400MT/s.

As usual knowing what to buy, I quickly go to the zhitai taobao portal. I was surprised, everything is overpriced, they really took me as a chimpanzees. Screenshot_2023-03-17-02-51-10-029_com.taobao.taobao.png
    Image above, hmb cache SSD with 2TB storage costing 1100 yuan. Screenshot_2023-03-17-02-51-35-494_com.taobao.taobao.png
    Image above, dram cached SSD with 2TB storage costing 1300yuan.
    Some times they really took consumers as chimpanzee, or maybe some oil price/princesses that have too many money to spend. Also their band have not upgraded from x-stacking 2 die yet, so they are not the target for purchase. Its recommended to avoid zhitai at the moment of writing unless you have too much ¥¥¥.

Looking online, I found a much cheaper versions on tweak town. Highly recommended you reading it if you are wondering about the new dies performance. https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/10335/acer-predator-gm7-1tb-ssd-high-speed-flash/index.html
    10335_43_acer-predator-gm7-1tb-ssd-review-high-speed-flash.jpg
    There is still an issue, the thing about gm-7 is that it's a silicon lottery.
    Screenshot_2023-03-17-03-04-26-339_org.mozilla.firefox.png
    Image from tech power up, meaning, there is chance of getting YMTC x-stacking 2, 128L if you are unlucky. And YMTC 232L if you are lucky like tweaktown.
    Screenshot_2023-03-17-03-09-11-300_org.mozilla.firefox.png
    Using tech power up, finding SSD with exactly same PCB as GM7. We have hikvision cc700 and c4000.

Wait a minute dose it sound familiar? Of ofcouse it dose. Remember this post? https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/best-ssd-2020-probably.108956/
    Hikvision C2000pro was the best ssd in 2020 and even maybe 2021.
    If hikvision can keep the cost down and give this x-stacking3 die a quad-core/penta-core controller with Dedicated DRAM it could in theorically became best SSD in 2023 or 2024.
    I even thought of a name for them "c4000pro".

Hence, I purchased c4000 with 64gb of ddr5.
    Screenshot_2023-03-17-03-26-24-066_com.taobao.taobao.png
    The 2tb of c4000 with a 24 screw screwdriver set cost 890.
    About 130 usd with screws drivers.
    Screenshot_2023-03-17-03-34-43-664_org.mozilla.firefox.png
    Why screw drivers? Because I'm travelling, I don't have screwdrivers to open my laptop.https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/tell-me-some-intresting-place-in-shanghai.161680/

But then some of you might say, Gm-7 is cheaper. Well, if you can argue with me like this it provens that you don't need any advice, just buy the gm-7.
    Screenshot_2023-03-17-03-41-53-351_com.taobao.taobao.png
    Though, please be noted that you are participating in silicon lottery with x-stacking2 and x-stacking3 dies.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    Dwarkin likes this.
  2. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    as long as it is "made in china" no, thank you

3. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    So far as far as I am aware. All PCB boards for SSD are made in China, and most if not all SSD are smt in China. There is no exception.
    Even the f35 PCB are made in China. Screenshot_2023-03-17-03-50-13-547_org.mozilla.firefox.png
    I can't find a single board that are made outside of China.

Yes Toshiba memory is made in China, same as western digital and Samsung. Though I'm not sure if Samsung have a production line in Korea or not, but most I see are made in China.
    As for the enterprise ssd.

The 905p that I own is made in China can't confirm.
    And I have seen p5800x made in China. So basically the best nand are made in China.

It's rare to see ssd made in Thailand as compared to hard disk.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    Dwarkin likes this.
  4. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch the news lately?

Hahaha! "Made in china" products are synonym for "you're lucky if it works"

5. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    Please provide me with links. Sadly i doubt we read the same news.

As a jap-eng translators in this site, I'm fine with both Japanese and English.

6. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... ok...
    Food: Gutter oil, chinese food's "black technology", fruits and vegetables pumped-up with chemicals

Technology: tech-theft (where do i begin?) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-64206950.amp
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...y-now-thrives-in-china?leadSource=reddit_wall
    Just example

Wait, when you are talking about Smt right? And toshiba and other "big name" companies??? I think they are shifting their factories and moving out in china

Its all over the news

https://japannews.yomiuri.co.jp/world/asia-pacific/20230116-84231/

7. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    how did you import food without going though the ministry of health at the customs.
    And any working country would delist products off the shelves. I don't know what sort country that you lived in Somalia? Maybe you should migrate to a more regulated countries.
    I see no product of it been stolen. On top it says product related to gas and steam turbines including turbines blades and turbine seals.

Actually, earlier Chinese larger steam turbine were soviet design, purchased soviet design from Ukraine, licensed siemens design.

As for aerospace, all large turbine are purchased from Pratt & Whitney. Like the new c919 and arj21. As for civilian helicopter most are licensed build from France.
    Chinese aerospace were quite advanced in the first place.

also you dont "hack" the Internet / cyber attack to reverse engineer a product. you have to buy one and sent it to the lab to do teardown.
    Screenshot_2023-03-17-09-53-00-999_org.mozilla.firefox.png Like tech insights, which is a company that focus on reverse engineering.

Another of British news, bloomberg. With it's usual editorial team.
    If you read the paper, that says court of california. It state that theft or copy of unauthorised trade secret, trade secret is not patent.
    Screenshot_2023-03-17-10-09-10-545_org.mozilla.firefox.png
    And also if you read the same paper. From court of california, the total value of trade secrets values only 950 dollars from asml.
    Really only worth 950 dollars from asml.

Really, is this how you read news paper?

Then the article talk about some stolen unused technology that no one knows about it and never made any a penny. Some trade secrets that are so secret that even xtal them self don't know about it.

The bloomberg then talk about how Americans even stealing each other among them self in silicon Valley.

After that they then suddenly bought up Chinese government. Sasuga bloomberg, how original.

I don't see Toshiba anywhere in here.
    Also most Toshiba are made by Chinese oem example, Toshiba and Sharp TV are all made by hisense, they even share rma. You can rma Toshiba and Sharp TV together while sending email to hisense. Magical right.

Just today from Asia nikkei, the only Japanese news that I read. Says that it took another 10 years for Vietnam to catch up.
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/S...ling-companies-still-rely-on-Chinese-know-how

Also, :blobconfused: Yomiuri isn't to my taste of news paper. Personally, I prefer slightly right like nikkei, but Yomiuri is bit too right for me.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    Dwarkin likes this.
  8. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause Chinese government is corrupt??? If the very top of the Chinese government wants to be the very next "Mao Zedong". Well, good luck
    i take it you didn't even read the article?

C'mon man you don't even know there is a proverb in china "if it exist it can be faked"

Better buy tech products in brand names other than made by china, at least you can complain and return their products if there something wrong but tech products "made in china"... you can't even complain and other people will tell you it's your fault for trusting "made in china" products

9. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised, there are still people don't know how rma works. @runsing would you please tell this poor soul how rma works globally. And how to sport legit companies from scams. I'm just tired.

Can you quote the lines that I didn't read?
    There is quotation in the forums.

Well, it's certainly difficult to ship anything into China even for electronics repair, I don't see how it's corruption. In fact I find it too much bureaucracy. Maybe you live in a world where its super easy to smuggle anything in to.

Also please message @runsing, he can teach you how electronic warranty works globally.
    Im just too lazy, and I fix my self most of times.

Dwarkin likes this.