Cloudflare checking if the site connection is secure (infinite loop)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by terabyte, Mar 11, 2023.

1. terabyte

terabyte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently I keep getting infinite loops when I try to access the site because Cloudflare keeps reloading the page (without even showing a captcha, turnstile, or whatever other crap). The only way I have to get that working is to connect to a VPN, and then I can finally see the site.

Was the security level in Cloudflare raised recently? Or was some other change done? It's becoming more and more annoying since I visit the site daily, and multiple times at that.

2. rialm

rialm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same issue. I can visit the forum just fine, but the main site is stuck in a "verify you are human loop". Tried VPN, not working.

terabyte likes this.
  3. terabyte

Reading List:
    Link
    This is still a problem. Any reply at all?

It looks like most IPs from Italy are caught up in this infinite loop.

4. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have not changed any settings on Cloudflare. If you're still having issues, please DM me your IP address and I'll look into it.

rialm and AliceShiki like this.
  5. terabyte

Reading List:
    Link
    Sent you a PM. :)

6. terabyte

Reading List:
    Link
    I've looked into this some more, and I seem to be able to open the site when I use an incognito window. I tried clearing the site's cache and cookies and disabling all extensions, but "normal" mode still doesn't work, while incognito works just fine at the same time.

Comparing both modes it seems that incognito mode can properly write the cf_clearance cookie while normal mode writes a cf_chl_rc_ni cookie that contains a numeric value (increased by 1 each time it loops). If I copy the cf_clearance cookie from incognito mode to the normal mode tab then I can use the site normally.

I tried searching around with the names of those 2 cookies, but found nothing that could help. :unsure:

I only found this guide: https://developers.cloudflare.com/s...issues-with-samesite-and-cf_clearance-cookies

7. terabyte

Reading List:
    Link
    rialm and LaDyViL like this.