Spoiler My Second Husband

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LazuliBean, Jun 24, 2022.

1. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    Murder? He didn't kill anyone

2. lemony007

lemony007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The kidnapper was killed by Sungwoo's thugs because he failed to kill Taeyang. That's the murder.

Has anyone read the latest chapter? There's a comment saying that Yura is the president's daughter. Do they mean she's related to Sungwoo? Cause they do look alike.

Pathetic Angels and datagirl like this.
  3. klickbait

klickbait Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, there is also a thing called unreliable narrative.
    FL seems like a very self centered spoiled woman who never really cared about anything except her own happiness in her first life. She came from a rich family, had a great childhood and had at most a decent marriage until her husband started treating her coldly and completely ghosting her at her parents funeral.
    But at the same time she didn't even know her best friend is kind of completely obsessed with her to the point that I believe he nothing but a total creepy stalker.

The fact that she never noticed anything about her so called actress bff being a snake who wanted to steal her husband is another plus, she just didn't care enough about anyone on her surroundings.

I think she sort of embellished her memory for her perfect little world or she was just too caught up in her own world, she just didn't give enough shits about the people around her.

also, I agree. Both men are totally sus, but at the same time, I really don't like the best friend at all. At first I thought, 'oh the bf totally in love with her troupe, they are def gonna end up together', but then he just keeps getting creepier and creepier each chapter. He is definitely a manipulative sociopath or some sort of obsessed stalker.

4. lemony007

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s an interesting point! Euhna was close friends with both Yura and Sungwoo, but somehow didn’t pick up on their bad intentions in the span of 10 years. It’d make sense if they were casual friends, but these were people she trusted. I don’t know if she’s spoiled, but past Euhna was definitely immature and self-absorbed. Chapter 55 kind of touches on that too.

Ms. Park (photographer that Euhna didn't get along with in season 1) texts Euhna to meet up with her after the photoshoot. She tells Euhna that Yura was talking trash about her and that it disturbed her how easily Yura was able to switch the conversation and make it seem like Ms. Park was the one misunderstanding things. She tells her to be careful around Yura and she also lets it slip that the reason she’s so hard on Euhna is because she thinks Euhna is talented, but not trying hard enough.

Euhna isn’t really surprised to hear about Yura, but she’s happy to hear that Ms. Park thinks she’s talented. While on her way home Euhna tells the bodyguard that she doesn’t want to visit Sungwoo today. She then starts thinking about the night she asked her mom for help.

That night she told her mom she had a stalker and that she wanted her mom to hire another model, specifically Yura, but not to tell anyone that she asked for help because she didn’t want to look helpless and dependent on her CEO parents.

I couldn’t really understand the end. Euhna says she learned something from Sungwoo and remembers how Sungwoo said that he wished he could erase that person from her life altogether. She then says that she’s learning other things and thinks about how Ms. Park said not to trust Yura. Then she thinks that she’ll find out more. I wonder if she's using Yura as bait or if she thinks that Yura is the villain from her past life?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  5. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think it’s fair to blame MC for not noticing that the people around her had bad intentions when they have been deliberately hiding it from her and wearing masks.

It is outright victim blaming that she has always minded her own business. She did try to talk with her husband when he has become distant, but he said he’s tired and declined to talk. She gave him his space and was waiting for him to open up about his problems.

She didn’t have a reason to be suspicious of any of her friends, because they were behaving like normal friends. It would have been a real paranoia to expect bad things from the people who have never shown any signs of hostility or obsession towards her.

Enken, Neelambori, X1I1 and 9 others like this.
  6. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Saying she's immature and self-centered for not noticing seems a bit harsh. If she had spent her past life being paranoid and suspicious of her friend, people would call her toxic (and self-centered) for making all her friends' actions all about herself and making every little friction in the relationship be because "the other person is secretly trying to undermine me".

Ac03, evilboop, donaiseiyuu and 2 others like this.
  7. datagirl

datagirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm invested in this. The story seems good! I don't trust anyone at this point. But I'm leaning in towards the husband a bit (in a favourable light). But the bf is radiating super creepy energy. It's always the better looking one. Tae is cute too. But MC should be careful. For a lawyer she was not very perspective about her friends. Surely they must have shown red flags as some point in her first timeline. How can a lawyer miss them? Anyway at least she's becoming more self aware now. I can't wait to find out who's the bad guy. Keep the spoilers coming please. :notworthy:

zozoshawky and lemony007 like this.
  8. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    This doesn't make sense because sungwoo literally said he kept some distance between them because she was married and same with the girl and at this point nobody is sane in this manga or atleast nobody is normal

9. lemony007

Reading List:
    Link
    I used google translate again and the first part of this chapter was confusing so if someone can clarify what was going on that would be appreciated.
    Back to Taeyang.
    He knows that Sungwoo did something bad in the past life and it seems like Taeyang also did something bad (not sure). He tells the spies that the indestructible papers are important because they can be used to gain trust and that he regrets getting divorced.

When he remembers the mystery woman/goddess, he views himself and Sungwoo battling each other. He also says that in a year he himself won’t even be here anymore.

When he goes back to work he sees Sungwoo talking to Euhna and he hides. Sungwoo sees him and asks Euhna to pat him on the head to make Taeyang jealous. Taeyang realizes that he needs to move fast because so much as happened in a week, so later on he asks Euhna if they can talk and the chapter ends.

Sungwoo is also starting to get suspicious towards Euhna. She acts friendly but she didn’t kiss him this time or the last time they met.

10. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give a summary of the relationship between mc and her husband in the first tl? Are we clear about the behavior of the husband and the scandal?

11. lemony007

Reading List:
    Link
    They had a good relationship until his career started to take off and then he became too busy and distant.

As for the scandal it’s not confirmed that he cheated. The reporters only said he was seen leaving Yura’s home. It could've been work related as he was also filming in another country with Yura, when Euhna’s parents died. But then there’s been no explanation for why he didn’t pick up the phone while he was away or why he didn't try to stop the divorce.

hongmeowpanda, Eelillya and Liliss like this.
  12. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Yeah the part related to mc’s parents and him not showing at all or accepting the divorce is my big confusion point!

lylac, zozoshawky and lemony007 like this.
  13. lemony007

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I hope it gets cleared up soon as it's the one thing that still makes him look suspicious. His behavior at that time was very weird considering how he acts like he still loves her now.

Liliss likes this.
  14. lemony007

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though Euhna is emotional when she sees that Taeyang is alive, she keeps it to herself as she doesn’t trust him. He tells her that someone tried to murder him and also murdered the kidnapper. He can’t prove it, but he thinks that Sungwoo is connected to it.

She reveals that the reason she got a bodyguard was because after helping the bar owner search for Taeyang, she received a threatening message saying ‘do not disturb’ along with images of Sungwoo getting beat up. She wants to know who is responsible for that, but Taeyang says he can’t say because he has no proof. He says that she won’t need a bodyguard though.

As she leaves, he grabs her and tells her to be careful. After leaving she calls him a coward and goes to class where she gives away the cupcakes Sungwoo brought her. I don’t think she trusts either guy at this point.

After work, Sungwoo confronts Taeyang saying that they need to have an honest conversation. Of course it’s in the dark and Sungwoo is drawn to look intimidating.

I’m kind of curious as to why she called him a coward. In that scene he’s looking at his hand that grabbed her shoulder while she’s touching her shoulder that he grabbed. Both have a faint halo around their hands.

I think she knows he hasn’t told her everything, but I don’t know if she’s realized he’s regressed. She also didn’t talk to him about his journal either, so she might know way more than she's letting on and is testing him too.

hongmeowpanda, Eelillya, Ac03 and 4 others like this.
  15. lemony007

Reading List:
    Link
    This didn’t translate well with google, but it seems like not much happened.
    Taeyang remembers that he used to be friends with Sungwoo in the past life and really respected him. Sungwoo even helped him get a small acting role and praised his acting ability.

In the present Taeyang accuses Sungwoo of being dishonest, but Sungwoo says that they’re both bad people and to stop acting innocent. He says Taeyang was the first to break trust and reminds him of Euhna’s death.

When Taeyang threatens to expose Sungwoo’s crimes, Sungwoo tells him to leave Euhna alone and that exposing him would only make her unhappy and hurt her. He says that if Taeyang leaves her alone she will never get hurt again.Taeyang can’t respond to that, so Sungwoo assumes he agrees with him and leaves.

Taeyang then reveals that he recorded the whole conversation with a hidden camera and says that this reminds him of “X”.

Edit: Taeyang attacks Sungwoo a couple of times in this episode and even chokes him at one point. Sungwoo also seems to imply that if Taeyang leaves Euhna alone, then Sungwoo won't bother him for the rest of the time that Taeyang has left.

- Seems like Taeyang has a limited amount of time left. It might be a condition for regressing since Sungwoo is aware of this time limit too. Kind of explains why Taeyang quit his acting career since it won’t matter in a year. Maybe Sungwoo is rushing marriage and acting crazy for the same reason?

- Taeyang did something bad and both guys seem to associate it with Euhna’s death. Sungwoo even talks about it as if it’s equally bad as the things he’s done. It’s starting to make me wonder if Taeyang actually cheated or was involved in the parent’s car accident?

But it doesn’t make much sense because Taeyang’s trying to protect her in this life and the only person he’s watching is Sungwoo. If Taeyang is responsible for her death shouldn’t he know the cause and leave her alone? Why is he still bothering her?

- Twice Taeyang compares Sungwoo to “X”. I’m not sure who X is, but Sungwoo is offended by the comparison. I kind of think X might be Yura, since she is shown to manipulate conversations in a similar way to Sungwoo. But it’s kind of dumb that they’d call her X, so maybe it’s someone else?
    edit: X is just a curse word

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    hongmeowpanda, Eelillya, Ac03 and 3 others like this.
  16. datagirl

datagirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still in team T. Team S is still Sus and I doubt T cheated. It wasn't even confirmed and I think the writer purposely kept it vague to create misunderstanding. But who knows what might happen. But I don't like sungwoo. :hmm:

zozoshawky, Dodododo and lemony007 like this.
  17. lemony007

Reading List:
    Link
    Same!! I still think he’s responsible for the car accident, but I just can’t figure out why. Yura and Taeyang seem to have more possible reasons to commit the crime than he does, but nothing really points to them being as capable of it or even wanting that.

datagirl likes this.
  18. Dodododo

Dodododo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think x mean a curse or a bad word in general

lemony007 likes this.
  19. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's become complicated lol, i this point FL will be alone

lemony007 likes this.
  20. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I srlly don't like taeyang I think it's better if fl don't end up with anyone just because taeyang supposedly didn't cheated doesn't going to change the fact how coldly he treated her he didn't even tried to have a proper conversation with her infact easily agreed with the divorce atleast he should've said her sorry for not being there with her in her bad times but nah nothing the thing is he got a chance he didn't cherished her properly and now he really don't deserves this 2nd chance just because he regretted it or because he magically got a 2nd chance and for sungwoo I think t's fans just loves to blame him for everything but with how the story is progressing no doubt author is supporting taeyang's ship and that same generic plot is going to happened like he didn't cheat,he didn't know fl's family's death,he was set up by someone etc etc to make him look innocent and fl will eventually agree to go back with him happy story happy ending srlly this made me realize how Korean stories believe 'only that one man is meant for fl'.

m5nn6t likes this.