Chinese Plundering The Heavens

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by LuciferLover, Nov 19, 2020.

1. LuciferLover

LuciferLover Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Plundering the Heavens
    Raw Link: book. qidian. com/info/3441641
    NU Link: novelupdates. com/series/plundering-the-heavens/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It is the most enjoyable novel I have ever read, and the protagonist is possibly my favorite CLN protag ever. He is ruthless and genuinely clever without being a hypocrite or detestable, but he isn't a behind the scenes no-action manipulative type, either. This novel also has some of the best and most satisfying moments I have read in the genre to date. The criticisms of him being a sucker for women are quite far off (there are some gorgeous moments related to this, but idk how to use the spoiler tag). It had a steady fanbase while being translated on webnovel, for good reason, but got dropped a couple years ago due to a dispute. Someone checked with QI and they have no intention to ever pick it up again, so they probably will neither notice nor care if someone else does.

Description:
    Some say he is the bad apple in a basket, that he’s rotting everything around him with disgrace and corruption.

Some say he is the biggest scum of the South Zhanbu Continent, that he’s colluding with the dark sects to cheat, steal, and commit all manner of atrocities.

Some say he is the most wanted playboy. “Lock your daughters at home to keep Fang Xing away!”

To all of those people, “That’s right, I am that big rotten apple. Any problem with that?”

This brand of anti-hero is a young orphan with poor prospects and nothing more than the keepsakes of his uncles. He plots, schemes, and orchestrates all manner of villainy in his quest for power and revenge, unafraid to live precariously and make enemies out of those he really should not.

2. IcariumLS

IcariumLS Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 This novel (recently turned webtoon/manhua?) is great.