Spoiler An Unseemly Lady

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This side story should be illegal it feels as if lili pitied josh's kindness and stayed with him while still being in love with aiden........
    There are examples of side story with different plots from original like,
    Side story from who made me Princess where fl end up with another dude seems justifiable as it's in prospective of male lead himself so it seemed justifiable.

But in unseemly lady it feels like even author wanted aiden×lily for some reason.....
    Then there were also cases of change of ml in manhwa whose name i don't remember, if anyone remember but it was right choice in my opinion

2. 2deepinlove

2deepinlove Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    to me aiden is more like her first love, a fleeting love but not a lasting one. because she never had the chance to fully even accept and be aware her feelings in the first place and them being apart for a considerably long amount of time, her feelings may have, shall we say, withered.
    its understandable how some may feel dissatisfied that he isn't the ml given that we are so accustomed to reading fls have their perfect ending with the first guy they ever fall in love with, depicting their first love being their last love quite romantic but practically impossible realistically imo. which is why this manhwa is so different because it presents a reality, that is far more complicated.

Last edited: May 7, 2023
  3. Haanaah

Haanaah Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i think Joshia chose to leave Lily in that side story. So the feeling in the main story won't be judge as pities. That's why i think the side story where Lily and Aiden ended up together is understandable

4. milano

milano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait so then what happened to the OG Lili? she is just gone?

5. HentMas

HentMas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds more like the "shipper" chapter where the author just gave everyone what would happen with the ML they "wanted".
    But you really didn't see that Lilli pitied Josh's kindness from the start?!? she literally was "testing" his feelings till he became "dating material" in the main story, I just read the chapter in the manhwa where she's specifically thinking "If you stay like this maybe I can date you later"... that's the very definition of "stringing someone along"...

6. Elby

Elby Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did volume 6 ever end up getting translated?

7. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't been here in over a year (or 2) and I stop reading the manhwa.

Does anyone know what Luca ending is in the novel? Did he ever like Lily romantically. I remember he'sa character I really liked
    Edit:
    OOOOHHHH YAAASSS THANK GOODNESSSSS!!! I remember begging for Luca spoilers back in 2021 lol im so happy he has a love interest and is happy. Thank you. This isn't an IF/AU one right?
    --
    Honestly that's kinda sad and frustrating....why doesn't lily like Micheal?

Ooo....I agree...the author made it as if the only reason Lily ended up with Joshua was simply because he was the only one left..the side IF/AU story just showed us that the only one who left a deep impression on Lily was and is Aiden. Now I see why many were disappointed in the storytelling (romance wise) because it made Joshua, the ML, outcasted.

seekingsnow likes this.
  8. pattichii

pattichii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh so relief that Josh is the ml, i was afraid they'd give us 2nd male lead syndrome again. I love the whole story so far, it really gives realistic view on whom you should spend your life with. I'm glad that it's not the typical manhwa where Josh ends up being the broken hearted best friend. My heart is full (⁎ ⚈᷀᷁ ᴗ ⚈᷀᷁ ⁎)

radical6 likes this.
  9. Briana2108

Briana2108 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, it's a side story, not an IF/AU one. Actually i thought Luca will end up with Chloe - Lily's best friend since two of them have many interactions in the story, but anw I just glad Luca is happy ^^

Jukki, seekingsnow and Plumpuppeach like this.
  10. zander99

zander99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So who is ml cause some say cidrec and other say Joshua?

11. reonanyubara

reonanyubara New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where can i read the full novel?

12. Aykhokhark

Aykhokhark New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when do MC and Joshua start dating? Does she date anyone else before Joshua? Does Aiden try to get with MC or vice versa?

I'm pretty sure Cedric is MC's older sisters husband and Joshua is Mc's future husband

13. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot_20231117-232945_YONDER.jpg
    The novel got an official translation on Yonder.

14. Willaim

Willaim New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for translate

15. murderofher

murderofher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    reading teh spoilers, I really do ship lily w aiden a lot more just like how i ship julianne or whtavere her name is with michael

16. sssssleigh

sssssleigh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the end both Uncle and Nephew are just 2nd choices. That turns me off so much. Such a disappointment. I came in reading the manhwa thinking there might be early indications for Joshua but all I saw was Aiden and the CP constant advancing. CP got her first kiss. As for the scene jn the snow, I'm also assuming Aiden and Lily kissed because that's how it's always have been for me in the series. Giving me so much heartbreak. Spoiling myself for who's the ML and who is not didn't matter because in the end, it's still heartbreaking nonetheless. Like oh, you didn't read the spoilers? You support Aiden. Then boom! Heartbreak. He's not the ML. Read the spoilers? You support Joshua. Then boom! Heartbreak. CP is the first kiss and FL hung on to Aiden despite Joshua being there for her for almost 9 years. She's also the type to be a wishy washy FL that hurts everyone around her because "she doesn't want to choose cause she doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings".

I'm honestly considering dropping this. I'm already in the 65th chapter and I'm yet to see a single arc relating to Joshua. Even through the time CP and Aiden left, we only got like 3-4 chapters. And it's not even about them, but about Joshua realizing his feelings for Lily. And now in the current chapters, it's becoming Aiden-centric again. Plus here is another stress in the form of CP's proposal.

I just want some piece of mind. When exactly does Joshua arc start? Where will their relationship improve?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    Aurora.11.12 likes this.
  17. TheSkyIsFalling

TheSkyIsFalling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish we got a side story where michael and julianna end up together as well...then my heart would be happy with this otome-like ending lol.

18. pinkyfleury

pinkyfleury Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why? what did aiden have done for her though??

19. NAJ79

NAJ79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened to mc's original body in korea after she fell asleep and tramsmigrated? did the story ever touch on that?

20. TheSavior

TheSavior New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly what I was feeling while I was reading. I really liked Joshua, and reading spoiler that he was the ML made me happy. But the feeling didn't last long the more I read. Joshua was the ML, but I didn't get the feeling that he actually the ML. The romance between MC and Aiden was depicted like a fated one (just look at their reunion so that you might understand). He got so many hints from their childhood to adulthood. Meanwhile, the romance between the actual ML wasn't "sparkle" like that, and there were just a few chapters for him that covered the moment he realized his feeling for the MC. It was too normal I must say (I know that was practical, but we are reading fictional work, so I should expect more, shouldn't I?).
    Anyway, I hope Joshua will get more scenes he deserves.