Spoiler Captain! Is this battlefield here? | 대위님! 이번 전쟁터는 이곳인가요?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RegisteredToAskAThing, Jul 20, 2022.

1. saibinu

saibinu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Captain Lee Yoon is stationed in the Middle East.
    • The military camp is attacked by the enemy and and She dies in a bomb attack.
    • Lee Yoon will be a supporting character, Duchess Rosalie Judheart in the book written by her female best friend.

• Four days have passed since the transmigration.
    • Emma, the Rosalie's maid and closest aid, watches her anxiously.
    • Rosalie Judheart / cpt. Lee Yoon thinks about the future events of the novel. First, the novel's Rosalie Judheart lost her father five years ago at the age of 15 and was living with her stepmother. Then, thanks to her stepmother's tyranny and embezzlement, she loses almost everything.
    • Rosalie chooses not to follow the original story.
    • She meets Aaron the knight commander.

I will refer to the MC as Rosalie from here on out.

Inasible, nyxxx, Bastian and 7 others like this.
  2. Priyyaa

Priyyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end Rosalie and Derevis married for 4 years,
    God had fun with her and decided to play a little game, he will send
    her back to her og world and modern world body and see if Derevis can find her, if he finds her, God
    won't interfere with her again.
    Derevis found her and at the end they plan to go back to the place she missed so much
    [/QUOTE]
    In the ending... where did they go? The place she missed so much? Her parents house in Korea or back to male leads house

3. saibinu

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, a female character who is strong, and even if she becomes weak, it is only temporary. Someone who doesn't rely on anyone, but is ready to accept help if the situation calls for it. Where the ML does not own the MC but collaborates with it because their goals are the same. ML accepts MC's power and doesn't try to destroy it.

I am now at chapter 54 of the novel. I will continue with chapter summaries soon. I planned to read it first the novel and make summaries from it. Maybe one or two chapters will intertwine because the plot is divided into chapters.

Inasible, Marleeze, DOHere and 10 others like this.
  4. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers please!

5. labkitty

labkitty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Evil stepmother was sent away.

AnimeHuntress likes this.
  6. cutesherry

cutesherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the action is taking place in the novel's world, the most likely answer to your question is that they went back together to the novel's universe: we saw nothing so far of her life in South Korea other that these few moments at the military camp before her death, and when she was reading her friend's novel on her phone.
    I personally think that the only way for both FL and ML to stay in South Korea would be if the ML reincarnated there and if the FL was shown consistently regretting her presence in the novel world and wishing to go back. But if ML was simply sent there from one word to another to find the FL and nothing else, it's unlikely the crown prince and future king would be left stranded in the modern world, unless the author goes even further and says that he is giving up everything and will live wherever the FL does.

nyxxx, salty25, myuun. and 1 other person like this.
  7. pally123

pally123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh do u mind sharing the mtl if u have

8. sovieee

sovieee Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! Just wanted to share that I'll be picking up the novel soon, and I'll be posting about it on our dc channel on Moonlight Novels so please join if you want to stay tuned for updates! Ramadan Mubarak to everyone who'll be celebrating it!

Inasible, anina, DOHere and 4 others like this.
  9. saibinu

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you want MTL, not a chapter summary? I don't like MTLs, but if that's what you want, so be it, :) because my language is an agglutinative language like Korean so the mtl is readable and understandable. but I can't guarantee this with English mtl. Choose which one!

10. pally123

pally123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I said mtl because those are the ones that is usually available but if u can provide understandable translations then go for it.:blobsmilehappyeyes:

icay1x likes this.
  11. JustATalkingOwl

JustATalkingOwl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope it won't take long for the OgFL's downfall lololol. I can't stand her. Ah, and the stepmother... amy spoilers about her?

icay1x and sheisthedemon93 like this.
  12. Elisheba

Elisheba Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey can you please tell
    1. What happens to Rosalie's biological parents ?
    2. When will fl realise that OGFL is a two faced bitch ?

icay1x and layyu like this.
  13. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone knows what happens to Bella ? The previous duchess ??

14. saibinu

Reading List:
    Link
    Bella was never a duchess. Rosalie has always had this title. She was the stepmother of the duchess and the wife of the former duke. As long as the duke lived, she could use the title of duchess. Upon the death of the duke, the title of duke passed to his daughter. However, Bella was originally able to inherit her own noble title from her family. which I believe was a viscount. Although I don't remember clearly what noble rank her family had.

Bella dies. During the territorial war, Bella tries to rob the treasury of the duchy, and when she wants to escape with her maid in the packed carriage, Rosalie stops her with the knights. She's still alive then. She is imprisoned in the palace dungeon. Then her maid smuggles in poison. When Rosalie meets her in her study, Bella attacks her to swallow poison with the duchess. Then Rosalie cuts her in half with her sword.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  15. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna clear up something. So Bella is a duchess, but she's a duchess by marriage, because she's the wife of the Duke, which is Rosalie's father. Duchess by marriage are called Duchess Consort.

Rosalie, on the other hand, is a duchess by her own right. Which means she's a Duchess Regnant, a Duchess of her own. When her father died, his Duke title was passed to Rosalie, who had his Duke title.

Bella, after her husband's death, became a Duchess dowager, basically the late Duke's widow.

16. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I may be wrong but I think after the child Inherits the title,the parents start being called lord and lady.

saibinu likes this.
  17. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends. If they threw the title out a.k.a. renouncing it, then sure. But... In Bella's case, she's a dowager (in one of those mtl translations of teen manhua or whatever, they called her grand duchess, for sure that should have been duchess dowager... I worked for korean trans, formerly, hence why i know), though now that her husband's dead, she doesn't have any right anymore. Rosalie is the owner of that power alone.

18. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something else we need to take note of is that until now she would have been underage, So the Dowager Duchess would have been her proxy. Majority in history for titles ranged from 16 (extreme circumstances sometimes even younger and again due to circumstances) to 20-25 and a few times later due to will stipulations. If she was granted the title Duchess at 15 it would have been under very specific circumstances and only because she had no one to be proxy. As horrible as her step-mother is, she is completely eligible to be that proxy. Her only way out would have been if the ruler (usually a relative to those with the title of duke) had appointed a guardian AFTER finding the step-mother unfit for duties. Nobility and titles is a convoluted mess with tons of unspoken rules and regulations. Mostly you have to remember they were families and you really wouldn't want a king poking their nose into your family and telling how to run your household. A ruler had both more right to do so and more limited when it came to a Ducal household as they were usually cousins and 2nd cousins to the current ruler. Archduke is usually limited to the current eldest brother (I am not being sexist, it is literally a male title only and married into, Sisters get a different Princess title) of the current ruler.

PS. Grand Dukes and Duchess' were limited to independent state and would be considered equal to a king though under an emperor so them calling her that is bordering on treason. The Grand title does not follow once the next generation takes up the title so she would still be Dowager Duchess.

AlmostMeds likes this.
  19. saibinu

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes... you're right, that's more accurate.

Let's not forget, however, that the inheritance of noble ranks varied from monarchy to monarchy. There were kingdom or empire, where female inheritance was accepted in the same way as male inheritance. There were eras and monarchies where a woman could inherit, but there was a condition that she had to give birth to a child over time. If she didn't, se could lose her title. And there were monarchies where a woman couldn't inherit at all.

Sometimes the right of inheritance changed from era to era even within a given kingdom.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    AnimeHuntress likes this.