Games for learning languages

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by anticapclawd, Mar 29, 2023.

Tags:
  1. anticapclawd

anticapclawd Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have a good game for learning languages, something that is preferably not mobile

2. Dwarkin

Dwarkin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Colobot can help you learn C++ language :blob_sunglasses:

3. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never tried it but there are games like "Learn Japanese To Survive! Hiragana Battle" on Steam, it's $1-$2 (something like 85% off) every sale. I've also seen more expensive games for Mandarin, French, etc. but never tried them so can't recommend any.

There are some free webgames but generally they just drill a few words in a topic.

4. sweetyouu

sweetyouu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's Slime Forest Adventure for Japanese or Influent which has more languages. I haven't tried either but there seems to be good reviews :)

Vanidor likes this.
  5. Rahulwagh

Rahulwagh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there are several games that can help with language learning, and many of them are available on PC or console rather than just mobile. Here are a few examples:

1. "Learn Japanese To Survive! Hiragana Battle" - This game teaches players how to read and write Japanese hiragana characters through a fun RPG-style adventure.

2. "Rosetta Stone" - This language learning program offers interactive games and activities to help users learn a new language. It is available on PC and has a variety of language options.

3. "Mondly" - This is another language learning program that offers interactive games and activities to help users learn a new language. It is available on PC and has a variety of language options.

4. "Duolingo" - This popular language learning app is also available on PC and offers a range of games and activities to help users learn a new language.

5. "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" - While not specifically designed as a language learning game, playing it in a different language can be a fun and effective way to immerse yourself in the language and improve your skills.
    I hope this helps!