Resolved How do I add a novel to my own recommendation list?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Aurinne, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Aurinne

Aurinne Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Is this the right place for this question? Sorry if it's not.)

I have an existing (public) rec list that I have added several novels to in the past, but it's been about a year since I've updated it, so I don't have a clear memory of exactly what steps I needed to take to add them. I'm now trying to add some more novels to it and can't figure out how to. I can't find an option anywhere on the list's page nor on the novels' pages to add the novel to my list. I've been scouring everywhere really carefully but just can't see a link/button/symbol anywhere. Can you tell me how I'm supposed to add a novel to my list? Am I just super blind, or is there something specific I need to do? (Or is it a bug-type-thing?)

(Just to clarify, this is not my reading list but my recommendation list.)

Thank-you if you can help!

2. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like you have been searching the novel page. Have you looked at the page for the recommendation list itself?

3. Aurinne

Aurinne Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your response, yes I've scoured the pages for my recommended lists generally, the specific recommended list I want to add to, the "edit" page for the specific list and can't see anything I could use. Can you tell me specifically what I'm looking for? I'm fairly certain I haven't missed anything, but if it turns out to be one of those instances where it's staring me in the face and just don't recognise it I'd be relieved!

Nom de Plume likes this.
  4. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayyy… I’ve only viewed or reviewed other users lists. I haven’t made one myself so I’m really not certain what the gui looks like for that. What I do know is that I’ve never seen a related element outside of the recommendation list page itself.

The only other place I can think of to access the list from would be the Lists section on the user profile. Is there perhaps an edit button on this page for existing lists?

243A6ED6-3BDD-45E2-92EC-93A927F330F0.jpeg

5. Aurinne

Aurinne Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an edit button, but unfortunately that section only gives me options to edit the general information of the list (i.e. its name and description etc.) and I can't see any option to actually add a novel to the list...

(Sorry I haven't posted enough yet to be able to add an image.)

Thanks for the suggestion though!!

Nom de Plume likes this.
  6. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Click on the list name to enter it, then you can add novels.

7. Aurinne

Aurinne Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, thank you so much for your reply!! Can you tell me exactly what to click once I have "clicked on the list name to enter it"? As I said in a previous post, I have got that far already (in fact, I've scoured every part of the site I can find that might have anything to do with adding a novel to my rec list...) but cannot see an option anywhere to actually add a new novel to my list. I can edit novels that have been been added to my list in the past (so it's not an issue of it not recognising me as logged in or as the list creator), I just can't find any word/button/icon that gives me the option to actually add a new novel! If you can tell me literally what I should be clicking, I will hopefully be able to find it, or at worst know that something isn't showing up that should...

I really appreciate your help!

Nom de Plume likes this.
  8. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot_20230330-190256.png Screenshot_20230330-190505.png

How many novels do you have in the list?

I'm not sure about this, but I vaguely recall reading somewhere about there being a limit?

Shio, Aurinne and Nom de Plume like this.
  9. Aurinne

Aurinne Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhh!! Thank-you so much! Yes, I'm definitely missing all three of those buttons in that row for some reason. Weird and frustrating, but at least I know there's an issue and it's not me!

I really appreciate your help! Thanks again!

10. Ral

Reading List:
    Link

A content blocker gone rouge?

AliceShiki, Nom de Plume and LaDyViL like this.
  11. Aurinne

Aurinne Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, haha, I think that was it! I tried a different browser and it doesn't have any content blockers and everything showed up.

Thanks so much for your help, you've really saved me a lot of hassle now that that is sorted! Really appreciate it!

Nom de Plume and LaDyViL like this.