Spoiler The Tyrant Wants To Live Honestly/ 폭군님은 착하게 살고 싶어

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Ludoret

Ludoret Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers. Seriously, I'm liking the fact that Dorothea was truly a tyrant in the 1st timeline and not someone misunderstood or a little selfish and cold just like the other 'tyrants' in Korean novels with the word tyrant in their titles. She was actually no different from the trash MLs who tortured and abused the female MCs in other novels. The only difference is that she is a protagonist and was given the chance to redo her life, unlike those trash MLs. I feel sorry more for Theon, Julia and Raymond than for her but I like that she is a unique protag compared to the other MCs of reincarnation novels I've read about.

2. yoyo098

yoyo098 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the second ml ever confess his feelings to fl

3. Raphe

Raphe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand why is always up to the neglected child to do the work to get along with the piece of trash of a father? He's the adult in the relationship, he's the one who's treating her poorly and some how is the MC fault for not being nice enough with them. What a nice way to victim blame.

4. darewin

darewin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raymond was afraid that if she showed concern for the MC to the point that it looked like Raymond was defying the Emperor for the MC's sake, the Emperor would start considering the MC a threat to Raymond's ascension. This might result in the Emperor just killing the MC off to ensure that Raymond becomes the next Emperor. Don't be mistaken. The Emperor might favor Raymond, but this doesn't mean he treats him with love. The Emperor also treated Raymond like a tool so Raymond is fully aware the Emperor has no love him (the Emperor just loves the idea of his male heir becoming the next Emperor). So Raymond's hands were tied too. Yet, he still tried his best to be a good brother. Raymond even sincerely wanted the MC to be the next ruler.

MisaLissa, Pipi1989, Neyva and 7 others like this.
  5. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading all spoilers (thanks everyone), I have 2 more questions:

1. Why did Dorothea even like Theon in the first timeline? Or did she just meet Theon first and she fell for him because he was nice to her? Cause I assume Ethan was nicer to her, but maybe she just got obsessed with Theon first.

2. Why did only Dorothea not have the power of light?

Also, wanna share my opinion about some discussions in this thread:

First, abt Raymond. He did nothing wrong against Dorothea, and was wronged by her a lot instead.
    He didn't like being Crown Prince and had no inclination to be Crown Prince, he wanted to be a gardener, just like Dorothea wanted to be emperor. So I get her point of view, but it's actually not right of her to resent him even for not putting effort in his CP classes. It is actually her that doesn't respect his dream at all. Like she scolded him when he excitedly brought her his first tomato harvest.
    I don't really get the comments about him being sinfully ignorant. He was right all along, he wasn't fit for the throne, Dorothea was.

Theon only killed himself, he's obviously not a villain. I think he didn't love anyone romantically.

The father's death was a really lazy ending. After each and every drama they all went through, he never saw the light about his life decisions, but does so magically right before he dies ;). The author wanted to swiftly end the novel and realised she didn't punish the father, so she quickly hit him with a divine revelation heh.

Lastly, I don't find Dorothea becoming a tyrant in her first life realistic either. Other than the emperor, she was loved by everyone, brother, friends(including Theon and even Julia liked her), maids and knights. I get that the emperor is her only paternal figure, but she barely saw him a few times in her life, one wouldn't get so obsessed with him in this scenario. The Emperor literally first saw her after she was 7 yo for the first time.
    Normally, if a person isn't loved, they will cling to whoever shows them even a little bit of care. And her older brother showered her with love from birth. Her nanny also cares for her.
    I get that her brother is the object of her envy, but the only one treating her worse than her brother is only the emperor. And again, she doesn't even meet him much.
    She's more likely to grow attached and influenced by the people she's around daily, which only show her love.
    This would've made more sense if she was also ostracised by the servants and nobles, as some other novels do, but as it is, her tyranny bcz of "circumstance" doesn't actually make that much sense.

And Stefan...Stefano is so hawt!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    torte1315 and 81ganzy like this.
  6. Meme13_

Meme13_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She did not become a tyrant by her will and did not want to rule in her first life either, but this garbage father left a will to protect Raymond from her, and this means that she is considered a threat to the throne and she must be killed and robbed of her army that she worked on throughout her life, so she had no choice but to kill her brother and seize the throne, Also Raymond disgusts me in first life when she came to kill him he told her to drink a toast to their dead father and he's sad he can't even grieve his death for long because he has to become the next emperor I was like are you crazy do you want her to grieve for the person The one who ordered her killing, if ignorance and negligence is not a sin, I wonder what really is?
    Sorry my english is not really good.

7. mikey sane

mikey sane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please tell me where i can find this novel.

8. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Julia and Theon were never lover in the first timeline just close friends and emotional support?

1. What happens to them at the end?
    2. Does Theon fall for FL this 2nd timeline or no? From what yall say, he does care for her but there's no romantic feelings
    3. What happen to the brother at the end, will he and FL finally have a good relationship?
    4. What about the Knight as well? He shows up in CH.10

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    torte1315 likes this.
  9. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The brother pisses me off so much. Despite his "affectionate" exterior to the MC, he has zero empathy for her and is inconsiderate, spoiled, and very needy. He never tries to make any real attempt to understand things from his sister's POV or protect her as an older sibling. He just wants the MC's attention and validation. It's about his needs and wants not the MC.
    Everyone around knows how like garbage the Emperor treats the MC in contrast to Raymond. Whereas, Raymond acts like he is none the wiser to this.
    Despite her intellect, due to spite, the Emperor bars the FL from attending a prestigious school that Julia, Theon and Raymond all attend. Raymond even wonders why his sister being so smart MC can't go to that academy yet he can despite getting among the lowest-ranking test scores upon entry (he ranked 80 out of 100). After the humiliating event the Emperor inflict upon the MC, Raymond doesn't even confront his father about treating his sister that way or respect her feelings. Instead he makes it worse. By shattering what is left of her already bruised ego by bringing Theon and Julia to the MC's room to see MC who is clearly broken. I mean seriously? how can anyone defend Raymond at this point or even dare to compare to say the Emperor "abused" him too?

Even Ethan's dad was like in his head "wtf?" when the Emperor demanded Dorothea apologize after HE spilled juice on her, and Ethan's dad himself is someone that treated Ethan his son poorly too. Thats how bad the abuse the Emperor inflicted on the MC is.
    Other shitty dads are shocked.
    And Raymond behavior only pours salt onto her wounds and he keeps doing it. Whats worse nobody has the decency to intervene and tell him to stop.

So far Raymond has enjoyed the benefit of being the Emperor's favorite child and being spoiled by him never showing any disgust towards how his father treats his sister and acts clueless about it (is he seriously that dumb?). When the trash father was on his death bed Ethan was sobbing in tears and its said he loved the Emperor, and Theon used his powers to bring "comfort" to the Emperor in his final hours.

As for Theon he is trash, he married the FL in the 1st TL (contrary to what the MC thinks) not because she "forced" him but because he was using her and needed to be around her brother due to some instability of the dark spirits he made a contract with that means he needs to be around light spirits (i.e the brother and imperial family) to balance it out. He exploited the MC's feelings for him, and still exchanged love letters with Julia and treated the MC with indifference while pining for Julia. After the MC killed her brother this caused Theon's dark spirits make him go insane as he was no longer able to have access to Raymond.
    As for Julia, not that she deserved to be killed any person who exchanges love letters with someone they know is married is hardly a saint. The MC thinks she is guilty of coming in between the love of Julia and Theon and thats why he killed himself.
    When really it was Theon using and lying to the MC about why he married her that is why he died the way he did. He didn't plan on the MC overthrowing Raymond.

The three of them, Raymond, Theon and Julia only brought misery to the FL in her previous life no wonder she is so triggered just by being near them. And it was beyond rude Raymond bringing them along (Theon manipulated the idea in his head) to see Dorothea without her permission because Raymond "missed" her. He is so selfish and needy. Everyone around him basks him attention and affection why must he impose himself on the MC so much?

Theon being witness to the humiliation the Emperor inflicts upon the MC to me gives clue to how he was able to get her affection in the first TL and trying to same in this one, he knows her weakness (trauma of being humiliated, abused and neglected by the Emperor and void of being truly loved).

The only person who seems to truly love and care for the MC unconditionally is Ethan. He also never treats the MC with pity like the others. He also knows what its like to be the unloved child in the family who is treated in contrast to a spoiled,doted on older sibling.

BS. Raymond has demonstrated multiple times how inconsiderate he is to the MC and lack of empathy he has to her situation. Bringing Julia and Theon to see Dorothea either at the worse times (i.e the Emperor humiliating the MC at the Prince's coronation ball and when the MC was in recuperation abroad). His actions only pour salt on the MC's wounds and make her trauma worse its easy to understand why she grew to resent him.
    When the Emperor was dying, Theon used his powers to relieve the Emperor's pain and Raymond was at his bedside sobbing in tears at the death of his father. Raymond DID love his father.

This is what pisses me off about Raymond, he truly loved his father and acts clueless (perhaps he is truly that dumb) to how the MC is treated and her circumstances. When virtually everyone is aware of the appalling treatment and neglect the Emperor inflicts on the MC, it makes even Ethan's dad (another one who treated his son like crap) uncomfortable when the Emperor demanded the Princess apologise to the person who spilled drink on her dress just to humiliate her in front of everyone and commanded she leave the event. Each time something like this happens, Raymond never truly tries to empathise with his sister or respect her, he acts ignorant to the situation and does things that only make the MC feel worse. It's a repeated pattern of behavior. Hence, why I understood the MC grew to resent him.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  10. ChEeSyWoRdS

ChEeSyWoRdS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone have to said it ,yeah you're so ryt I dislike everyone except Ethan. I'm dropping this series because personally I don't like any other side character emperor,theon,Julia or whatever and so called brother just pissed me off .All these hypocrits made MCs life miserable in previous timeline I don't know how mc can even forget such memory of them .If I were in her shoes I wouldn't even talked with them properly yeah specially with brother,I don't like him at all cuz there is a limit to be so ignorant in your life .There is a saying the criminal who did the crime deserves punishment but those who saw it and still kept silent about it are more of criminal and here being too much ignorant is a sin .I dunno how much of a blind a person is that he can't see that f*cking piece of sh*t emperor's true nature towards Mc it's so obvious and that Theon, he has a punchable face Istg I don't wanna see him he should be with his so called lover that pink hair girl and shouldn't appear in front Mc.Im dropping this cuz these side characters pissed me off more than anything and I won't be able to continue reading this sh*t cuz Ik I have to see them in next chapters too :blobwoah:.

Anyone please tell me the ending of Theon and Julia and I won't reading this after that cuz I really wanna know what happened to them after mc ended up with Ethan.

11. Meme13_

Meme13_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They got their happy ending together, Ethan even helped Theon control his dark spirits and they got two kids if I remember correctly and they are close to Dorothea and Ethan's kids.

12. k.night18

k.night18 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what happened in the side stories? I am curious because it seems that one of them is about Stefen and Clara!

13. BoredNovelFinder

BoredNovelFinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, is it just me or no real 'justice' was ever given to those that hurt MC? Not really. MC, in the end, was the one who adjusted to everybody and, coz her brother couldn't handle the responsibilities, still ended up as Emperor. Glad I didn't have to go through the whole story just for an ending like this.

14. ChEeSyWoRdS

ChEeSyWoRdS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thanks now I'm not gonna read this cuz mc suffered because of that SOB in prev life,he was the one who made her life difficult more than her bro cuz of his double face and now he got his happy ending with that same women .Even at manhwa chapter when Ethan told him that he already have his childhood sweetheart (Julia) then theon replied him back that he sees her as a sister wow what a bunch of bullsh*ts. Thanks for spoilers ,now I'm finally over from this sh*t.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  15. Meme13_

Meme13_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he did not become the Emperor. He became a farmer, as he had always hoped. The Emperor is Dorothea and Ethan became a duke.

Pipi1989, i_am_here and ChEeSyWoRdS like this.
  16. Pinkchik

Pinkchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know if there are side stories??

k.night18 likes this.
  17. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I can speak for everyone when i say that WE all hate the MC

Man, cope and seethe and mald. If soemone evil like the MC can get her happy ending why cant the people she abused and torutred get there happy ending

If you think they don't deserve a happy ending then by your logic the MC deserves the worst one. She ruined so many lives

For God's sake stop ignoring all of the MCs sins and mistakes just cuase she's the person you self insert into

"Whitewashing those characsr"

BRO IM DYING RN. MCS THE ONE WHO GOT WHITEWASHED THE MOST, FUCKING KILL ME. Do you understand what your saying? No look me in the eyes and tell me you understand what your saying

I am in hell

Otome iskeai and it's consequences has ruined media literacy for a generation of people. I want to go back in time and stop the first one from being written

Aslo that thing about Julia sending love letter or whatever to theo in the first timeline. Like who cares

She was an abusive fuckwit. Who the fuck cares that Julia was comforting soemone from an abusive fuckwad price of shit

"But it was cheating" and ? Dorothea deserved it. She long forfeited d her right to a loyal mairrage. Whod want to stay loyal to a abusive person like her?

Everyone write paragraphs on all the stuff every one did against the MC but what about the misery and cruelty the Mc inflicted? No we ignore that because she can do nothing wrong right.

I'll say it again. I can't wait until otome osekai finally dies off. Maybe well finally get some nuance again

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    MisaLissa, yoyo098, Dofu and 2 others like this.
  18. Lizell06

Lizell06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG SERIOUSLYYYYY?! ETHAN NOT THEON?! :( WHY JUST WHYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?! Though I like both of them but woah I thought the MC will end up with theon so I pushed my mind to think that Ethan is only the 2nd ML and accepts Theon as the ML. Lol and now i have to change that again.

I'm really happy that the relationship between Raymond and the MC will become better. I mean, I get the MC share of pain but I dont think it is fair for her to pin her past issues to the child Raymond. I think that's too much or unfair for the child and so innocent at that to try to understand. It is really hard to continue the manhwa because of this too.

Oh yeah totally agree with you though I still like the manhwa somehow. Yeah, I honestly thought of her as a very selfish person. She genuinely only cares about herself and never try to understand the others. I mean her thoughts are full of why is this happening only to me?, why me?, why I cant?, theyve done this to me, it's like its always about herself for her. I think that's also why she is always alone and we cannot blame it to others as we cannot hope for them to understand her if even she herself doesnt make an effort to let others understand her.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    yoyo098 and theilikepie like this.
  19. CocoNAHNAHNAH

CocoNAHNAHNAH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually feel very sad for our MC. I deserve she needs a happy ending just like everyone else.
    Except the dad, he was nuclear trash. He cant be redeemed.
    The things that she did in her first life was something that still haunts her in the storytime line. She has not complained about it how hard it is or why she was going through this pain. She just wondered if she can change herself to be a better person and whether she can grow up to be loved.
    "Is there nothing i can do?"
    "Why dont you leave me alone?"
    These are not complains. There are just questions of hurt she asks herself.
    She didnt want to cause trouble for others and tries to keep her distance and boundaries but when ppl break these boundaries without thought, not only she be troubled but she is again plagued with guilt. She cant breathe in that situation cause she feels that is sin. Its only natural you move away from the ppl that you hurt. One lifetime of hurt is enough.
    She is human too. Humans are inertly selfish.

i_am_here, myuun., Meme13_ and 2 others like this.
  20. Lonely_Nbd4U

Lonely_Nbd4U Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Ethan and Doroty got married?!?! Can you tell me more details about Ethan, Dorothy and Theon? I really wished that Ethan and Dorothy ended together, since I did not think Dorothy needed Theon, honestly. Although Theon looks like a sweet child, he too is really selfish, 'cause he knew a lot of things that happened with Dorothy, maybe not in the previous time line, but the actual he saw how she was treated and eve saw Ray's 'innocence' hurted her and never actually did something. The fact that he only proposed to Dorothy after she could manipulate de light spirit hurt even more.

Neyva and Naant like this.