Spoiler I'm a Wolf, but I Won't Harm You

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lilacforyou99, Jul 5, 2021.

1. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to second this!

Mandyj and Shulovesreading like this.
  2. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EDIT: I'm correcting things in this post & omitting errors, updating in the next post, adding disclaimers to indicate my interpretation. There's also correction or confirmations within the dropdown

I just saw this smh, I will work on some MTL excerpts later

Tbh, the first night is not particularly exciting...it's mainly Roman being a virgin and internally freaking out about getting intimate w/ Lucy then -END SCENE-.....the next chapter was Roman / Lucy feeling over the moon and thinking "I can't believe we did it *blushes* "
    As for the pregnancy business, it is low-key depressing....the reality of pregnancy hits them hard.... it's kind of sad (to me) b/c bits and pieces of Roman's thoughts were along the lines of "I have get serious and start working, I can't fool around like I don't have a family anymore". He's motivated to take responsibility for Lucy & the baby's future, which is great, but b/c the setting of the novel is in the modern world where it's not as common for people to get married or have kids that early, the tone of the passages thinking about their future towards the end of Vol 3 is a bit dry; they have to grow up faster while their peers are figuring out their life. - I reread and my comment about the tone is still somewhat true, college pregnancy is still pretty early and it really shocked the both of them, primarily Lucy. I'll write more about Lucy & Roman's reaction in the next post

some more pregnancy stuff:
    • Lucy & Roman are making life preparations for the baby
    • Roman is trading in his sports car for a child friendly car (I died a little inside thinking if this happened to me...he was a little sad about this)
    • Roman being anxious about possible competition w/ the baby for Lucy's attention
    • Baskerville brothers are hyped for the baby's arrival
    • Louis and MC's family sighing that it's too late b/c they don't particularly care for Roman - they really favored 2nd ML (late 20s uni professor, leopon) b/c he is much more mature than Roman
    • Getting a marriage certificate right after college graduation and planning to hold a small wedding after the birth of the baby
    • Roman wants to immediately start working to support their family during his junior yr of college (he either wanted to take a break or drop out & start working, which I confirmed when reading Ch 18)
    MC's family are sad about Roman being the father lol - this is still true
    I thought the baby part sucked b/c whatever Lucy and Roman wanted to do now has to take a backseat for it (yes I refer to infants w/ the "it" pronoun), the text would switch between "this was their original plan" and then "we have to factor the baby in now, we're going to be a family". - this part still happens, i got depressed again reading it

What was bizarre was that it seemed like Lucy was intentionally lax w/ managing contraceptives. There was a possibility they would be forced to break up by Lucy's family mid Vol 3 and she knew this would keep them together. I remember reading Lucy's thoughts where she was upset about the grim future of their relationship & in response to that, it seemed like she developed a YOLO outlook on the physical aspects of their relationship. Roman was very careful & wanted to be safe but Lucy would say stuff akin to "shhh....it's okay...don't worry about it". What is okay Lucy???!!!!! Huh????!!!! - this is while they're still in high school. It is still somewhat true (as in that was my interpretation) but weirdly enough there was no oopsie until college.....

Parts of Vol 3 are even more annoyingly dramatic than Vol 2's angst w/ Roman playing hot & cold (I couldn't handle most of Vol 3).
    What makes it annoyingly dramatic? It's Lucy's inner monologue comparing the *tragic* nature of their relationship to Romeo & Juliet (oy vey...) except she's Romeo and Roman is Juliet (the text says this)......

If I really wanted to simplify Vol 3, it would be *Lucy feeling sad*, *tears*, *keeps marriage meeting w/ 2nd ML secret from Roman so it won't hurt his feelings* (when it MADE HIM MORE ANXIOUS NOT KNOWING ANYTHING), Louis hating on Roman, Roman feeling anxious about his first love being taken away and then he'd be like "curse this curse!!!!"...., Lucy going wahhh to Khalid, Roman going wahhh to his brothers, the brothers are like "just get her pregnant, be a man", *more nonexistent communication*, turning down 2ndML's marriage proposal and you can hear the -facepalm- from MC's family, Lucy & Roman eloping and acting like their life is a ~fairytale~, MC's family freaking out about MC disappearing w/ ML & gets police involved, ML's brothers doing media play by calling attention to Roman's arrest to garner public sympathy & Alex just *evil cackling* "I'm a genius, Roman should thank me" *Harold thinking he should never cross Alex*, MC's family finally giving up on MC.... there's a bit more but don't remember - all of these things did happen and I'm pretty sure I got the order of the events right (or at least close to the novel). These events take place during high school

I haven't read the part where Lucy & Roman discovers she's pregnant, just the chapters afterwards talking about their future. I skipped around, I don't have the attention span for their annoying teen romance, so I'll also try and include the initial discovery as part of the MTL.
    I don't think I've read a more annoying teen romance story other than "For Stella". Both series haunts me but I keep wanting more....Just like "For Stella", I'm unable to relate or sympathize w/ the main characters (at least the ML is more mature than Roman tho). It felt like I was shortening my lifespan by reading through childish, unrealistic expectations of love & marriage and I'm mentally tired from Lucy & Roman; I kept having expectations (my fault) for them to eventually reach a specific phase of character development that never happened.....MC's sane family, cute 2ndML, & sassy Khalid sort of redeemed the novel but the main love story felt like crap to me.
    I'm not trying to be a cynical, debbie downer, this story just drives me crazy and I recognize that it has to do w/ the fact that I'm at a different stage of life than L&R (I'm much older than them), I view relationships differently after going through the pain of dating, and I prioritize stability & companionship over the initial feelings of infatuation, which is why I'm really into 2nd ML (I think I'm the polar opposite of Lucy when it comes to views on love). I also have no tolerance for IRL people who are similar to Roman and have ghosted more than once b/c I don't have the patience for that type of personality.

One of my non-negotiable expectations in a relationship is not wanting to have to "fix" or raise anymore partners to emotional adulthood; i don't mind being present and providing emotional comfort b/c that's just what you do when you care for someone but I couldn't be with someone who views the world through "as long as we have each other, we can get through anything" lens and having to explain, step by step, why that's harmful in the long run. ML & MC are not bad characters, I just don't care for them. Then again, their personality makes sense b/c they're still in high school.

I enjoy reading other teen romances but this story isn't for me. I read it b/c it's fun to cringe every few paragraphs and for the experience of regret over self inflicted pain.

Also, someone did mention this before, but the original setting of the novel is supposed to be modern, which I forgot
    There's times where I read "Lucy is listening to music on her phone" or "They took a plane back to visit their family" and the fact that Roman got his license and purchased a sportscar confused me for a second b/c the manhwa uses a period setting. I have no complaints about the period setting but I wonder what they're going to do about the plane part

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Mandyj, cutynight, geckin and 13 others like this.
  3. Dianatouille

Dianatouille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers. I'm so surprised to know the novel has a different setting from the manhwa so I really want to know if all the college pregnancy is going to happen or if there are going to be some changes. I hope there will be some changes, more growth characters and less unnecessary drama because the plot has potential but the soap opera route is awful. I'm kind excited to meet the second male lead (I'm pretty sure I'm going to suffer another episode of second male lead syndrome). Anyway, thanks again for the spoilers!

FoxDex, forevxo and Le_Tired like this.
  4. forevxo

forevxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers. We really appreciate your time and effort typing and translating all these spoilers for us :aww:

Le_Tired and GreenLily like this.
  5. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    A little rant-
    Man I'm so disappointed of the fl. I knew that she was a weak(or should I say easy) fl when it comes the ml, but his torment lasted for like a minute. Like damn, just last month I ask someone out and got rejected, but I told him I would wait for an answer(btw I'm a teenager myself) and he told me he love me like midway the month, I was shock but I didn't ask if he wants to date since he had mentioned he isn't ready yet. But then just last week he started ignoring me so I ask if he likes me. He told me he doesn't anymore and I was hurt. It felt like a stab. I almost lost it but then I remained calm and just said okay. And then I started not chatting him anymore and now he chats me and randomly tells me sweet things. Even if I'm a dumb teenager with my first ever crush and confession, the fact that he ignored me for like a week, doesn't mena I'm accepting him again. I guess the fl is just that naive and easy. It's so disappointing.

6. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    she forgives him at chapter 38 ಠ_ಠ
    Where is her pride like he always ignores her and didn’t care about her feelings but nope she forgive him after he cry saying sorry :blobunamused:

Le_Tired likes this.
  7. Ariary

Ariary Sucker for isekai troupe

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you so so so much for the spoilers!!

Lmao i wanna read that part on manhwa so bad!! Haha

I love how you describe it. Im 100% agree with you!

Le_Tired likes this.
  8. Le_Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I just saw these responses and I swear I'm working on the summary right now. I'll put a deadline on myself and say SUNDAY AT THE LATEST (or else I'll flake again). My apologies, I'm backlogged w/ other things and I need to prioritize my skincare regimen....

And if anyone hasn't noticed, I made edits on my previous post so please look at the corrections (seriously, that's my BAD. I h8 misinformation and yet I GAVE SOME smh) and know that my disclaimers are a reflection of my own opinion and may not be someone else's POV of the book if they were to read the work. The reason why it's taking so long is b/c I really want to avoid putting out any more misinformation like last time and read the work more thoroughly before I give out a summary.

I want to start with the events right after their first night and before Lucy's marriage meeting w/ 2ndML b/c I think that's one of the more interesting parts. Then I'll select some more important events. Tbh, it's kind of a drag reading this b/c when they're not being dramatic during their high school period, they're just hanging out at school talking. Not much happens. Imagine you, your friends, and your boyfriend hanging out with each other, go home, then make plans for the weekend. Some of the novel is like that.....Then the college part is Roman being clingy, their status as a campus couple, and suddenly Lucy is like I'm pregnant????

so how I feel about Lucy's reaction to Roman's tears
    Yeah I don't....really understand how Lucy forgave Roman that quicky. She doesn't need to resent him or hate on him but wouldn't it make sense to be a bit more guarded when someone very close to you plays with your feeling for a long time? Or just a bit more upset? Then they suddenly turn around and take their words back when their plan backfires on them.

I wish she had a bit more self preservation but w/e. I'm more concerned w/ how she values herself and upholds her dignity, but at the same time, she can't be perfect, she was like 15??ish when Roman was doing this? It's normal to have low self esteem, constantly feel alienated, and want to be loved by someone at that age. I'm reluctant to be too harsh on her b/c in my position & age, it would be condescending if it came from me. I'd have more of an opinion if I was 15-18 though

how I ultimately feel about Lucy's self worth & pregnancy:
    I might be a little harsh when I talk about them but in the end, I do sympathize b/c I remember that I was a formless blob who didn't really know anything during high school. Also, when the pregnancy is discovered during Junior yr of college , so they're like 20-21yoish, it's pretty crazy to me b/c I'm 100% sure I was still doing stupid sh*t at that age. I wouldn't be mentally ready to take care of a child. That's still wayyyy too soon to have a kid since their setting is originally based on our time period.

I also realize that I might be able to sympathize w/ them now b/c I'm past that stage in life so I'm just an outsider. I'm sure I would be much more annoyed w/ Lucy if I was her age reading this sh*t. I would've compared my actions to hers and think that we're both of the same physical & mental age but I would have reacted much differently to her, and the lack of willpower is disappointing.

so about real life situations w/ guys like that @Desperate
    ....I don't really know what his deal is. It sounds to me, as an outsider, that he's not ready but he likes the feeling of being wanted or being chased as it boosts his low self esteem so he doesn't want to lose that feeling. Yet, it would be a burden to commit or he doesn't really care that much or he's too into himself and his ~pain~ and w/e to act like a decent person. Hopefully that changes over time.....

Again, this is just an outsider perspective, I don't know this person personally so I don't mean to put my POV over yours and say my impression is the truth, this is just my interpretation so take this w/ a grain of salt. I'm sympathizing w/ your pain and I support whatever decision you're making right now or will make in the future. You know yourself best and even if we do f*ck up from time to time, that's just life and that's OK :)

yeah.....relationships are hard. some people are cool, some people suck, and some people suck A LOT. It's sad to think the guy that's randomly chatting & being affectionate w/ you might never grow up. I really hope this is just a phase or if he is still like that at a later age, he will not contribute to the gene pool and raise insecure children w/ anxious, avoidant attachment....Sorry if that's harsh, people are having kids around me and I kind of didn't think it was a good idea for some of them to have kids....Some people never change and it's frightening to think they'd want to continue their lineage

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  9. Le_Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a little late, but I'm back. First of all *holds in any complaints about this novel and characters*. I'm at a point where I hate it so much that I love it. I don't understand myself. I thought about doing the MTL for the entire thing then decided against it b/c it's more interesting to read a summary than disjointed English words.

This is prob. equivalent to a chapter long excerpt. It was honestly hard to read through this because I cringed and laughed throughout the whole damn thing. The author is great at writing dramatic love pieces but this would've been more appealing (my own opinion) if 1) the characters were emotionally mature, 2) adults, or 3) in difficult situations with factors outside of their control (technically Lucy's marriage meeting is "outside of their control" but I'm referring to how both are making things more complicated that it needs to be)
    Chapter 14: (pg. 78-83)

I can only believe that I was possessed by something that night. Or, did I have a strong foreshadowing of what would happen in advance?

But it was such a strange night that it was difficult to understand no matter what the reason was. What the hell was I thinking?

“Roman.”

That day, I realized it while talking to Emma.

What I imagined and wanted was something like an ice palace that melts when the sun rises. That people can't live in like the paper palace I made.

'I want to think like Emma, too.'

When I got home and thought about it, I became more and more sad. Then I finally called him.

When I said I wanted to see him, Roman ran to me right away. I knew that Roman would come like this at my words. I hugged Roman.

“… … .”

without a word... … .

Roman then bowed his head, and his large hands clasped me tightly, suffocating me. But I wanted him to hug me tighter, not for the sake of being crushed... … . I can't think of anything... …

Roman did what I wanted him to do. The more Roman kissed me and caressed me, the more I wanted it. We stopped at nothing.

I didn't even know that maybe that day, I leaned on Roman's desire and wanted to get over it. If there was a line, I wanted to cross it that day. It's not something you can give or take, but if I had something, I wanted to give it to Roman. All of it.

Because at that time, it felt like there was only one thing to give to Roman. That is, the first experience.

Maybe I felt a dead end in my conversation with Emma. A wall that cannot be crossed by simply spreading the sails. Maybe later I will regret this. So, I couldn't really explain this feeling to Roman.

'I hope you don't know my heart right now.'

Roman kissed me over and over again. Kissing, kissing while taking off my clothing. I pretended not to know it. Drunk on the pace of the kiss.

Roman hugged me.

'Just like this... … .'

I wanted the first time to go like this. I didn't know where it would take me, but it was fine.

'Before facing the unknown, engagement or appearance of a marriage partner, I want you.'

My heart whispered. Roman doesn't know how I feel.

'I want to be with the person I love.’

I suddenly became desperate as if a button had been pushed.

'like this… … .'

just like this... … Without thinking about the next day, it seemed that something would happen.

But suddenly Roman stopped. Even though he always desperately wanted me.

I was puzzled and blinked my eyes.

Roman kissed and whispered to me again. It was a trembling voice. I wanted to protect him, but I didn’t know what to protect him from.

“What if that is me? What if I'm hurting you?"

Roman was shaking.

But in fact, it was me who might have hurt Roman by doing this.

“What if I hurt you?”

Perhaps if there had been a little more urging there, if I had said one word to assure him, something could have been different.

But I didn't. Even though I desperately wanted Roman that day and that moment. Because I didn't want to hurt Roman.

“I don’t want you to regret choosing me. forever… … .”

I hugged Roman tightly.

"Come on. I want to do it too.”

Roman said in my arms.

“I want to, can I? Do you want to be with me for the rest of your life?”

“Roman, it’s fine. You can hurt me.”

It was sincere.

“If it’s you and not someone else, I don’t think it would feel so painful.”

At that moment, I felt like I was sailing with Roman on a boat in the open sea.

“It’s okay, don’t tremble. Come here, let's stay together. Now just like this... … .”

It felt like there were only the two of us, the moon and the stars, and Roman and me in this world.

“Spend the night with me, slowly. Don't worry about anything.”

Where will the sails take us?

“Why did I miss you today?”

I thought while hugging Roman.

“Roman, I always feel like I miss you.”

Somehow, tonight, I felt like I'm losing Roman. No, I think it's already lost. But I still don't know why I thought that. Roman is here and now in my arms.

We hugged and hugged all night. And occasionally kissed. Without a word, even after such a long time. It was a very strange time.

The sun was bright, and the strange feeling that had enveloped us disappeared like the morning dew.

I ate cereal with Roman.

Roman, too, seemed half puzzled and half scared by what had happened last night.

“Roman.”

"Huh?"

“How much I love you, you don’t know.”

I laughed.

After that night, I strangely liked Roman even more. I don't know why.

Ch 15, Pt 1 - Lucy’s reflections on their failed first night and thoughts about marriage
    Chapter 15
    • A new day begins and Lucy reflects that life continues like normal as if the failed first night never happened, like a dream. Neither Roman or her talks about the events of that day, but nothing has changed in their relationship. They continue to do the usual things couples do in a relationship - studying, eating out, watching movies, and kissing.

• During the semester Lucy receives a letter from home. What was enclosed in the letter was a one-way plane ticket. She knew that this was going to happen someday but still felt like it was too sudden. The letter states for Lucy to arrive at the designated address mentioned and to have a ‘meeting’ with a ‘proper partner’. (MTL goes on to say ‘proper opponent’). Lucy is aware that her family doesn’t consider Roman to be a ‘proper partner’.

• Lucy calls Roman to cancel her plans for that week as she’s going home. Roman asks what is going on at home that would prompt her to return, to which she responds that she doesn’t know either. She’s aware she’s lying to him but also justifies that it wasn’t a complete lie since she doesn’t know much about the details of the marriage meeting or what her parents want out of her. She feels guilty and questions herself if what she said that day would hurt Roman or herself in the future.

• Lucy arrives home and her brother, Louis, meets her at the airport (lol the modes of transportation in the manhwa are carriages…). He asks her why she didn’t bring anything with her and she’s confused as to why she should bring more than what she currently has with her. Lucy questions Louis on the contents of the letter she received and Louis answers evasively, saying what would I know? Who would be the right person for you? Lucy feels like Louis is hiding something and continues to probe him for more details of the marriage meeting

• Lucy has a foreboding feeling and raises her voice, asking Louis, again, what he knows. Louis shoots back “how do I know what adults do?” They continue to bicker more and Louis concedes, answering that she knows what the marriage meeting is really about, to seriously meet and find a potential partner who would be better than anyone else.

• Lucy is angry about this marriage meeting. She also inadvertently thinks about “that night” (failed first night) she pretended to have forgotten. She regrets it but doesn’t know why. “If there was anything I could give to Roman, I would close my eyes and pretend that I didn’t know”. (Explanation: Her regret that the first night didn’t happen and that she wishes she could just go through with it without having to think about future risks / consequences. They’re very afraid of hurting each other emotionally and doesn’t want each other to regret their first times)

• Lucy laments that her family is usually open and talkative, but based on how they’re keeping things a secret, that might not be the case. She gets home and wants to call Roman, but debates doing that at all because she doesn’t know what she would tell him since she’s meeting another man and she can’t reassure Roman that they have a future together because of her family’s intervention. She knows what she’s doing is unreasonable. She wonders if something similar will happen to Roman too one day and gets jealous just thinking about it.

• She reflects that, in their world, there is no place for marriage based on emotions and marrying for love is just a pipe dream. Marriage is for the purpose of exchanging resources and forging business relations, a legal tool for obtaining a partner and a politically valuable relationship that can enhance social status (incredibly depressing but realistic). There’s nothing to gain between lions and wolves, Baskerville and Leopardi. The days of playing games and origami are now over and the paper palace she built with Roman had torn apart. (this metaphor is so unnecessarily dramatic)

**She mentioned “paper palace” in the MTL for 14 and 15, which I guess ties in with their childhood hobby of doing origami at parties. Kind of an absurdly, dramatic metaphor used to describe their fragile relationship.**

Ch 15, Pt 2 - Roman’s internal meltdown after their FAILED first time, talk with Khalid (this part is fun b/c they hated each other before), and phone call w/ Harold
    MTL of beginning of Ch 15 part (Roman freaking out):

Lucy seemed to have completely forgotten the spell they had cast that night, but Roman wasn't.

'I'm crazy, why did I do that?'

Roman clasped his face with both hands as he finished class. He seemed to hear the laughter of his brothers.

─No, how do you prepare the table? What happened when you said you were going to be vegetarian?

The voices of his brothers, who are far away and in their hometown, are unaware of the situation.

—You even wanted Lucy?
    -------------END OF MTL PART--------------​
    • Roman has been feeling strange ever since that night. He feels this way because he loves Lucy but he couldn’t tell her his feelings directly. It was embarrassing for him that his inner turmoil was preventing him from taking their relationship to the next step - a very serious, exclusive relationship (Explanation: It seems like his inability to confess interfered with going forward with the physical aspect of their relationship because he wants her to know exactly how he feels about her. It’s also scary to step into unknown territory). He wonders what Lucy thinks about their relationship and asks himself if he’s scared of their relationship becoming serious. He knows It’s something he wanted before and still wants now

• He goes on to think that day was an irreversible mistake and has since kept a box of condoms with him in secret, though he hasn’t had the chance to use them yet (LOL). He also notices that Lucy is still generally fine after the event and doesn't blame Roman for being unprepared, but realizes a few days later to his chagrin, that she’s going to act like it never happened.

• Roman is sad and disappointed, wishing he could turn back time. His moan starts to sound like he’s weeping. He wants to be serious about this relationship. He doesn’t know what to do but he can’t even turn to his brothers for help because their advice is terrible.

• It has now been a week since Lucy had to suddenly return home after being called on by her parents. She hasn’t contacted Roman at all since her initial phone call. Roman knows that she’s not trying to avoid him but is nevertheless embarrassed & uneasy about her suddenly being away from him. Roman needed someone to talk to, and unfortunately for him, Khalid is the only person with whom he can confide in when it comes to these concerns. Khalid asks Roman what didn’t they do that day, then deliberately asks Roman loudly if it’s his fault that they didn’t have sex back then.
    • Roman freaks out and says “I didn’t say sex!!!” Khalid responds that the metaphors and similes he’s using is definitely about sex. He asks Roman why is he shy about sex? Aren’t people born to have sex ? (context means reproduce) Roman asks Khalid if he wants to die and is frustrated about this situation. Khalid wonders why he’s even hearing Roman out. Roman is distressed and says that Lucy has been out of touch and anxiously wonders if it has to do anything with that day.

• If it wasn’t in the middle of the semester, Roman would have run off to Lucy. He asks Khalid what he should do and if by chance he’s being punished with no contact. He wants to start what they stopped that day and clear the awkwardness between them. He thinks he’s going to die and questions if Lucy felt the same way he did the moment he hung up without saying anything (the phone call she made from home). Khalid is tired and said it’s been over 30 minutes. Roman sobs and calls him a heartless bastard. Khalid goes on to make his own complaints about how Emma is asking to take a year long break from each other and date other people before seriously committing to their relationship. (!!)

• Khalid is mad at the thought of both of them meeting new people. He complains that Emma doesn’t have a heart for saying this to her boyfriend. He questions if Emma wants to meet another man or if someone caught her eye and wonders how he ever fell for such a person only to be insulted like this.

• Roman sympathizes and tells him to take his time as Emma said and explore a new relationship. Khalid responds that he said the same thing to Lucy (that’s what you get for playing mind games Roman). Roman is mad hearing this new information. He also questions if this situation is difficult because he loved Lucy too much or if it had been difficult from the beginning
    • That same night Roman gets a call from Lucy. Lucy sounds nervous and exhausted at the same time. Roman asks if she’s coming back this week and if someone died since Lucy didn’t say much behind the circumstances of her return home. Maybe she lost someone since her voice sounds especially weak.

• Lucy says she will explain later. She suddenly murmurs “Roman, I love you”. Roman responds “me too”. Lucy asks Roman “Do you believe me?”. Roman thinks what the hell? That means that she didn’t say that she wanted to see him. Something is odd. He wonders what he should believe. His anxiousness leads him to call Harold, even though he’s not helpful.

• Harold does not speak for a long time after hearing the story. He asks Roman if he believes that Lucy loves him. He starts berating Roman and asks why he’s stupid. He questions Roman if Lucy has left the school and when she left. Roman starts to panic. Harold said that Lucy’s behavior is an indicator that she might be seeing someone else behind his back.

• Harold continues to worsen Roman’s fears while Roman is still asking Harold what he means. Harold asks if it makes sense if a celebrity dies but there is no news about their death. Why doesn’t Roman know why Lucy is at home now? Harold ends the conversation by advising Roman to take care of his mental state in the meantime and that they’ll figure it out together. He laments “I’m not calling this a curse for nothing” (perhaps referring to how the curse makes them paranoid and anxious). Roman could no longer hear Harold’s voice.

I will be back because after this, I believe, is the part where Lucy meets 2nd ML for the first time

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  10. kyanma2605

kyanma2605 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should i be thankful that the manhwa is not modern? because while reading spoilers and at the same time imagining the modern life--is 100% cringey teen love who's wealthy :facepalm::blobjoy:

magical_al00 and Le_Tired like this.
  11. Slackerbell

Slackerbell Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, man. This looked like it was really good for me at first but it ended up not being my cup of tea lol. I feel bad the most for MCs fam. They did everything for Lucy to feel comfy but she still doesn't have confidence in herself as a part of the family. Honestly, that's her problem and i cant relate bc her fam doesnt seem like they have any shameful secrets or bg story. It was a nice read up until before the misunderstandings. It's really frustrating to keep going back and forth like that + MLs fam were sketchy af.

Also, can someone tell me if there was an elaborate explanation of the curse?? Cause I really couldnt wrap my head around this when i read the manhwa

Desperate and magical_al00 like this.
  12. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    Crystal_knight likes this.
  13. Crystal_knight

Crystal_knight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Found it yesterday and just finished reading this cute manhwa season 1 ❤️ on one shot.
    I haven't read any spoilers yet but I've a feeling that Lucy parents going to drop fiancee on her ??
    Btw i know Khalid is snake but is he Anaconda ??

14. Kanaboshi

Kanaboshi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any english novel translation?

15. pastelroses

pastelroses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Season 2 cover:

279701275_131013129530731_6855638749262923723_n.jpg

The other one is a draft that supposes to be the season 2 cover but the artist says it was rejected by the company for not being the approach they requested.

280748376_131347629497281_6538788613423261356_n.jpg

16. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, the second one fits better cause they're past the chasing stage. Thanks for the covers!

17. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot about this manhwa so when I got a notif(forgot to turn it off) I continued where it said I left off... Which was a bad mistake. Cuz it made my image of the fl much more worse. She gets insecure cuz she doesn't look like her family(understandable) and then thinks they fucking hate her guts for looking like that(just from her dialogue.. like "I shouldn't have visited" or something about her family that it made it seem like she was being outcasted by her mom,dad and brother.. BUT THEY DONT EVEN DO THOSE?? Like u can genuinely tell they love her.)

She's already naive, but this impulsive and jumping to imaginary situations just irks me. All she needs is to go actually TALK to roman and her family. But first she needs to go to therapy and start opening up. Cuz when her and Roman started dating, girly clearly had bad memories when he "change" but then think "past is the past" and then repeat. Make up your decision. Ur clearly hurting from his past actions. Why stay?? Well, her reasons were that she won't(not might, but won't) meet another man who would love her as much as roman. I guess she can see the future ig lmao. Like okay, that's valid. But girl, ur literally in PAIN. Also one of her reasons was that he tries to make an effort for her like eat vegetablesand craft dumb things(giving very "I'm different" vibes)
    .. she told this to her brother btw... Idk what's worse, the fact that she only fell for him because he would rather go out of his comfort to eat vegetables just to make her happy or that she literally admitted that for her to accept her family, they need to go that far for her.. gurl, u guys are two different kinds of animals. Your a herbivore, and their a carnivore. What did u expect ur family to eat???? It's almost as if she wants them to do everything what she does in order for her to think they love her. This manhwa is too ridiculous Jesus. This is why I forgot about this.

18. MmmReaderSince2019

MmmReaderSince2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question. Could we get some spoilers about Sophie B. Leopardi, the ML of her life, and her love story, please? Thank you.

19. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened with the male lead’s second brother with the unrequited love? Is he going to get with the one he loves? :’(

20. vannaokuzo

vannaokuzo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I'm curious how the company worded their words so the artist misunderstood the intention of the company request