Spoiler North by Northwest

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Sep 5, 2020.

1. godnataliia

godnataliia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: please help Where I can read it ...? I cant create Kakao page as I'm not from Korea but from Ukraine and it cuts all the chapters except first 2... I found this as a manga on USA websites by using VPN...
    Maybe someone know how to get it.
    Thank in advance..

boom2424 likes this.
  2. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -Ed's dying body has reached the shore, and fortunately his men who were tracking him down found him. He had been in a coma for days but eventually woke up.
    -Ed asked Sagastar where his ship Visha is and told Sagastar that they will be capturing a small pirate ship, saying that he needs to "find an item he lost." Sagastar could not understand why Ed decided to personally come back to find that pirate ship, despite him being almost murdered in there.
    -Meanwhile, in Lil's ship:
    -Lil summoned Courant and questioned/reprimanded him about his torture and attempted murder of Ed. She's personally angry and disgusted that Courant would live intact and enjoy the life he took from Ed (at this point Lil thought Ed had been killed). She decided to discharge Courant in their next destination.
    -Courant thought Lil was gonna be on his side, but Lil explained that what Courant did was fruitless since they ended up not getting information from Ed. For Lil, they should have preserved the evidence (the message from the pigeon), abandoned Ed on an island, and let the League from Panici judge the situation by examining the contents of the paper.
    -Lil started looking through Ed's belongings to find out more about him, and also out of "mourning" that she'll never meet someone like him again, someone who understands her. She found his notebooks filled with sketches of plants, medicinal herbs, and on the last page she found a sketch of herself in her physical woman form. Ed drew her that night when she fell asleep in Ed's cabin. (Ed started seeing her as a woman despite the necklace after they released the mermaid because of the mermaid's magic). Anxiety overcame Lil, if all this time Ed knows her, then how much does he know about her relationship with Cesar, her past with Duke of Mireu, her status in Auvergne, and relationship with the imperial family (basically all her secrets).
    -Lil then confronted Cesar to reconfirm the contents of the message. But Cesar claims he lost it. This angered Lil because it's very careless of him to do so. It should be preserved as primary evidence, but Cesar losing the message either means he's careless or he's covering something up and she knows he's not the careless type, but Cesar tried to convince Liloa to choose faith on him (Cesar) over physical evidence. When Liloa was not convinced, Cesar turned the tables and asked Lil if she loves Ed. She's disgusted because a person was already killed and yet that's still Cesar's concern, and figured that Cesar may have plotted the timing of the pigeon and the fake message out of jealousy. Lil never thought Cesar was a person who could kill others with envy.
    -Unrest was also brewing in Lil's ship because of the newer crew hired from Panici. When Bellrock was intercepted and inspected by the navy, they were let go/cleared but Lil made it clear to her crew that if in case they'll be captured, they won't fight back. An especially younger crew named Julio was gaining charisma, claiming Lil has weak leadership. The rest of the crew also heard about the Navy spy (Courant leaked the info to Julio), so Julio led a rebellion in the ship where Lil, Cesar, Alain, Jerico were tied up and imprisoned. Bellrock set sail back to Panici.
    -Lil and Cesar were held captive together. Lil told Cesar that once in Panici, she will stay there and Cesar will be the only one going back to the duchy he had planned for Lil and him. They fought a bit, but Lil explained that her happiness is not Cesar's happiness. Cesar wanted to settle down with a family, while Lil wanted freedom. Cedar still begged her not to leave him, but still they broke up.
    -Lil and Cesar still then managed to escape from the ropes tying them and also freed others.
    -Back in Ed's ship Visha, they began sailing towards Bellrock. Ed told Sagastar about the mythical story of Montpellant the fisherman and Alvenis the goddess. It drew parallelisms with Ed's situation of still finding someone in that pirate ship despite being already hurt. Sagastar realized Ed is in love.
    -Visha finally caught up with Bellrock and the ramps were bridged between the two ships. Ed ordered his men to capture the captain alive (thinking it was still Lil). But Julio, who was leading Bellrock, panicked and ordered to attack Visha. Ed then realized it was not Lil leading Bellrock because it's a captain's stupid decision to attack a more superior navy ship.
    -Lil, who managed to escape the cabin, secured some more of her loyal men to hide and not fight back. She will attempt to negotiate with the Admiral for a ceasefire. At a distance, she saw Ed and was shocked that he's still alive with mixed feelings of amazement and hope. She didn't know Ed's actual position as admiral yet, but she wanted to reach Ed because she personally knows him.
    -Sagastar chased Lil (who was wearing the jewel and is a "man") realizing she's on her way to Ed. Sagastar wanted to stop Lil from reaching Ed out of his duty to protect the admiral. Lil tried to explain to Sagastar but he wouldn't listen, and when she tried to get away and run, Sagastar caught up to her and stabbed her. (Was the description a sword piercing through her body? I'll review the MTL)
    -Ed also saw Lil running towards him but was too late. He carried Lil's body to the captain's quarters (Bellrock) to perform emergency operation. Cesar was in the captain's quarters to destroy all evidence associating his identity and Liloa's with Bellrock. Ed blamed Cesar, had he been by Lil's side in her attempt for the negotiation, he could have defended Liloa from dangers. Ed also expelled Sagastar.

3. Formidable

Formidable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So we're almost at the point were the webtoon started?

Thanks again for the summary!

rompom likes this.
  4. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly... and the next volume starts with Liloa waking up from coma as in the very first chapter of the manhwa. (y)

5. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vol 6 - Lil waking up, finding out about Ed being an admiral and how the Duke of Mireu sought Ed's help of getting back Liloa in exchange for the gem, Lil and Cesar having a chance meeting and Cesar saying a proper goodbye, Lil and Ed planning the escape of Bellrock's crew from prison

Volume 7 - Lil and Ed successfully releasing Bellrock's crew from prison and letting them escape to the southern seas via Bellrock, Lil getting kidnapped by her older brother, Lil's love confession to Ed, Lil's past as a royal of Auvergne, more Lil and Ed bliss moments

Volume 8 - Lil and Ed on their way to Auvergne to see Lil's dying father, an attempted assassination of a mercenary to Ed, Lil saving Ed and 2 of them fighting a group of private soldiers in a forest where goods are smuggled, Lil's past as a hero in a longstanding war and how credit was grabbed from her because she's a woman

Volume 9 - Lil being found by the Duke of Mireu, Ed finding out who is behind the smuggling forest, Lil standing trial vs. Duke of Mireu (he wants to divorce his current wife and resume the engagement with Liloa now that she's found), Duke found out Liloa's necklace and figured she's Lil Shayz the infamous pirate, attempted to expose her in court by publicly showing what the necklace can do. Ed also got back and showed the court evidence that the Duke of Mireu has been smuggling and should be jailed. Lil and Ed reunited and continued to Auvergne to meet Lil's dying father, renounce her claims to the small country. Ed retired from being admiral and travelled with Lil around the world onboard the Visha

Epilogues:
    Side story 1: Lil and Ed discovered a lost civilization in the northern continent
    Side story 2: they were in a forest and captured by the native inhabitants. They were reprimanded because they didnt yet undergo the ceremony allowing 2 people to live and build a home together. They underwent the ceremony and given a name "Sawa"
    Side story 3: 300 years later, the Sawa family had a museum for the legacy of Liloa Auvergne

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  6. Kianne

Kianne Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg hi!! may i have a copy/link for the raws?

7. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. twerk and bounce

twerk and bounce Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi, is this manhwa/novel give up?

hongturn2022 likes this.
  9. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel idk but the manhwa is being officially translated on Manta. Right now its on season break.

twerk and bounce likes this.
  10. twerk and bounce

Reading List:
    Link
    Thnks, so when do this manhwa comeback again?

11. Formidable

Formidable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I dont want to be the bearer of bad news. But unfortunately, the chances are pretty high that the manwha is discontinued. The 'season break' is almost lasting a year now, without any news (that i know of) also the korean novel is deleted from ridibook or kakoa (dont know which one it was). It's said it's due to the rewritting and editing of the novel. That announcement was about half a year ago.

I, myself hope that if the novel is done, that they will pick up the manwha again. But my expectations arent that high

Feel free to correct me if im wrong

12. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankfully, new chappie today! Yey

rompom likes this.
  13. Formidable

Formidable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean the manwha/webtoon or the novel?

14. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Manhwa. Chapter 39 was released a few days ago

darkcrystal and twerk and bounce like this.
  15. Formidable

Formidable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna lie, you really had me for a moment haha. I thought you meant there were new updates from the manwha i didnt know about. But you're still reading season one :blobjoy:

Glad you enjoy it though :blobsmilehappyeyes:

DOHere likes this.
  16. twerk and bounce

Reading List:
    Link
    yay i was read it

DOHere likes this.
  17. Formidable

Formidable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Sooo, sadly i have no idea how to insert the screenshot i took. But.... I just read on a well informed manwha news account on insta that the webtoon of NorthxNorthwest will be back by the end of February!

I hope it's true! Time will tell, but I'm so excited!

Edit: i did read that the artist changed, so im curious how that will play out...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    darkcrystal and rompom like this.
  18. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    s2 has started with the new artist and art they recently released it on 30th April

rompom, Formidable and Astellar like this.
  19. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ss2 lets go

rompom and Formidable like this.