Spoiler Free in Dreams / Dream to Freedom / 꿈에서 자유로

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Mar 9, 2022.

1. celosia_xx

celosia_xx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agreed. nothing will get better if jeongmin continues to let things off the hook. i think we might see her communicate in the next chapter that what happened wasn't okay and enforce more boundaries bc her gentle approach isn't working. i think siyun will be receptive to this at first and apologize because every time he has an outburst and goes too far he has a period of feeling remorseful about it especially if jeongmin sees. but even if he initially agrees to change, i really doubt he'll follow through and will most likely try to hide this side of him until it all explodes again. something i noticed is that whenever he has an incident where he loses control, he only feels ashamed afterwards but has never considered that he needed to change and get better. he knows this instability is taking over him and he has little control over his incidents but he just accepts it and doesn't consider trying to change, he just holds back most of the time so he doesn't drive jeongmin away. this is why i can't really agree with people who say he needs to "just go to therapy" because therapy and counseling only works to those who are receptive to it.

normally i don't like slapping on a diagnosis, but i feel like siyun has a type of personality disorder that developed after severe neglect from his parents and the horrible trauma that damn entertainment company put him through and jeongmin is the sole person he can rely on for all of his needs. i think this story realistically shows what can happen when someone has little support and no desire to get treatment. i'm hoping for a happy ending but given how dark the story is, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better (if it even does). they still have a few more hurdles to face (jeongmin's dad's return, the company ceo pressuring him to return, nahyeok, her classmates, etc.) before we can predict how they'll end up. but i'm really excited to see how things turn out. man it's been a while since i've been this invested in a story.

2. Deleted member 215174

Deleted member 215174 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Siyun wake up alone in bed. He panics and start searching for Jeongmin only to find her exiting the bathroom. He pulls her into a hug and Jeongmin hold him tight and say she is not going anywhere.

Some time pass and winter is here. At school Sora discuss the winter break, but Jeongmin is spacing out a lot. Turns out she is worried about Siyun contact her less these days and wonder what did she do wrong.
    After school the girls are going out, but Jeongmin decline to go out with them.

Jeongmin meets Siyun at school gate he give her his jacket and hold her bag. They discuss how his hand is recovering slowly and Jeongmin jokes about. Siyun reply saying he love the attention she is giving him because of his wounded hand. Jeongmin has a flashback and surprise: Jeongmin knew that Siyun stabbed himself with a knife purposefully that day. She asks him about Nahyeuk. Siyun replies with negative.

It turns out Siyun was astral projecting and torturing Nahyeuk. His body is all bruised and his sanity is slipping. The team is getting another delay

3. Slytheringly

Slytheringly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the summary. It's really strange that Siyun is distancing himself from Jeongmin, especially after the last few episodes.

Lookingforspoliers likes this.
  4. Deleted member 215174

Reading List:
    Link
    We need to talk about Jeongmin, because after reading this episode I’m super concern. And there are two important things to discuss

So far Jeongmin received three article of clothing from Siyun, and in each time it marked a milestone in their relationship:
    1- the black and gray jacket at the beginning marked the start of their partnership
    2-His shirt during the sleepover episode, which after that Jeongmin realized Siyun likes her
    3-And finally Siyun black jacket in this episode

It is interesting to note the color changing from gray, white and black to complete black with the dramatic touch of fur. And the color is important because Jeongmin get assigned the color pink a lot both by Jaehyeok and Juhyeon

What does the color pink and black signify is a different story which I’ll analyze later if I ever get the chance. But it is worth mentioning for what to come next.

I’m sorry but I just can’t get over the fact that Jeongmin knew that Siyun stabbed his hand with a knife just to get her attention and she stayed with him the same night. And was blushing the next day at school when reminiscing about it. But that is not what scare me what scare me is her face at the end of flashback

[​IMG]
    Because that isn’t the face of someone who looks concern at all:
    1. Like am I misreading the scene?
    2. Is she playing it safe and hiding her emotion?
    3. Does she enjoy the hold she has over Siyun?
    4. Or the sight of blood excites her
    But it brings me to my final conclusion.

Despite the obvious: astral projecting and torturing Nahyeuk.
    Siyun is stalking both Nahyeuk and Jeongmin. Because at school Jeongmin remark that the weather is getting colder and she is feeling cold. What is the first thing Siyun does when he sees Jeongmin? He give her his jacket.

In episode 57 Siyun concluded that the best way to keep Jeongmin is by brainwashing.
    See this why I brought up the black jacket, the color pink and Jeongmin reaction. Is it possible to change someone personality through Lucid Dreaming? After all Jeongmin was quiet and distracted all day at school, but when she was with Siyun she was all laughing and happy. Could this be a hint?

And all these hints beautifully contrast with Nahyeuk torture which is more visible on the outside and Jeongmin who is being slowly changed from the inside by Siyun.

Again this is all speculation and I’m dying to hear what you all think about this episode::bloblove::

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2023
  5. celosia_xx

Reading List:
    Link
    okay the jacket theory is the best theory i've heard up to now. it's no coincidence both jaehyeok and juhyeon gave her pink while siyun gives her grayscale colors. i think it's reflective of the influence each relationship will have on her in the future. clearly, her relationship with siyun isn't headed a good direction (it's in the calm before the storm phase i'd say) so the colors of the jackets are darkening. meanwhile she's not on great terms with jaehyeok and juhyeon but i feel like both might intervene or convince her to leave siyun because even juhyeon seems suspicious now after hearing what sora said.

i can't get over that part either. i feel like she should have been a lot more upset about him cutting his hand so it makes no sense for her to ignore it for so long. but i also feel like we haven't really seen her thoughts as much as in the beginning of the story. the last chapter was the first time in a while that we saw her evaluate how she feels being with siyun. at first, i thought her smile after the flashback was an awkward one but now i feel worried. i know she's the type to sweep things under the rug in favor of maintaining her relationship with siyun, but stabbing his own hand seems pretty severe? if she can look past something like that, i wonder what her limit is that if siyun crossed, she'd end the relationship.

i agree, he is definitely stalking both jeongmin and nahyeok. damn this man has so much on his plate, i wonder how he has no signs of tiredness :p he is astral projecting with jeongmin throughout school and then lucid dreaming with nahyeok at night, the grind never stops huh? lmao

and yes omg the forum is so quiet these days when so much is happening in the story, i really hope more people discuss this chapter!

6. Deleted member 215174

Reading List:
    Link
    See Pink is the color associated with sweetness, innocence and nurturing femininity.
    It is the color of spring, which is interesting because Jeongmin is spring born.
    However, these traits may have been in Jeongmin during her early life. And both people who associated Jeongmin with pink knew her past self .

If we consider Lucid Dreaming the true state of self both Jeongmin and Siyun associate themselves with Blue and White. But is this a transitory state?

I also feel that there may be an intervention in the future. Nahyeuk is a solid proof that Siyun in extraordinary. Add to that when Siyun slipped to Jaehyeok about the dream torture in episode 63.

But I just feel it will be comical if these three characters did an intervention, with Nahyeuk rejecting to help and the other two may get shocked by what Jeongmin did in Lucid Dreaming.

In light of recent event regarding Jeongmin knowing about Siyun stabbing himself. Jeongmin may reject the intervention.

And whatever toxicity Siyun is cooking, Jeongmin is swallowing it. The famous reaction at the end of Episode 89 flashback is a mixture of thrill and morbid fascination.
    But Jeongmin reaction is reminiscent of a reaction in Episode 85 when Siyun pulled her closer and state they need to hurry home. Jeongmin had a strange look with a hint of lust with the tiny parting mouth and warm pink light in her eyes. We are not accounting the possibility that Jeongmin may get too emotionally attached to Siyun in the future.

Suddenly a new possibility arise that Jeongmin may fight the intervention team instead of rejecting peacefully.

Right now I want to re-read the webtoon while keeping in mind that Jeongmin freaking knew about how Siyun injured his hand.

7. celosia_xx

Reading List:
    Link
    right now that i think about it, her reactions are always a mix of many things. it seems like she wants him but she feels discomfort at the same time. and yes, i think there's a high chance jeongmin might refuse to listen if anyone intervenes at this point because she still wants things to work out with him. i think if he pushed her further and kept acting as aggressively as he did in chapter 88, there might be a chance that she'd listen and try to end things. but honestly, this new revelation makes me feel like she may be even more complicit with siyun's strange actions than we thought. until now, i thought she just goes along with him and says what she thinks he wants to hear (especially in the fight with nahyeok where she diffused the tension by saying she was worried about siyun rather than nahyeok). but now i feel like there's a lot more at play here and i love how the author chose this very moment to reveal that jeongmin knew all along lmao it's messing with my head.

8. Slytheringly

Slytheringly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody have theories about why Siyun is not messaging her as much as before? Is he avoiding her? I don't get this sudden change from his clinginess displayed in the previous chapter.

9. celosia_xx

Reading List:
    Link
    he's busy lucid dreaming and most likely injuring nahyeok in his dreams. in the last panel, we see nahyeok (who looks several scars and bruises) saying he refuses to go to sleep, which implies that siyun is tormenting him in his dreams. he also might be astral projecting and watching jeongmin throughout the day and during both of these, siyun is asleep which is why he can't respond to jeongmin's texts fast.

Blue119119119 and SkyLisette like this.
  10. Deleted member 215174

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the romance is just a distraction for all the manipulation and brainwashing Siyun is doing behind the curtain.

Because re-reading it just showed how many people he is messing up with Juhyeon, Jaehyeok, Naeyuk and Jeongmin

Episode 58 is the first clear evidence of Siyun’s influence on a large scale: the school and all the students turned to one of Jeongmin Lucid dream in earlier chapter down to Juhyeon biting her nail.

And that’s not the interesting part what is interesting is this is the only time in the entire series that Jeongmin didn’t share what happened with Siyun. Jeongmin has suspicion that Siyun’s influence was at work here.

Moving on to Jaehyuk, in episode 72 it is revealed that Siyun was mentally torturing him. Even Jaehyuk states he is confused by his own sudden feelings to Jeongmin.

And now we have Jeongmin reaction in the recent episode. Is this Jeongmin true color? Or perhaps once again Siyun’s manipulation is at work here. May be it wasn’t a flashback but rather a trigger to whatever thought Siyun is trying to plant in her mind.

One last thing: Jeongmin knew about Siyun making in Episode 58 and perhaps 72 ( may be that why she was distracted in episode 73. Thinking may be Siyun has overdone it with Jaehyuk), but this make her a partner in crime. May be she wanted them to have a taste of their own medicine and she was reveling at thought of vengeance.

After all she is a saint in this story and they are all being punished for their transgression against her.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2023
    Venice1 and Pathetic Angels like this.
  11. Lulubilly

Lulubilly New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to mention the fact that during the whole beginning Chap Jeongmin has an empty look and when Siyun lent her jacket her look suddenly lighted up and she looks more jovial.
    Like his emotions depend on him.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  12. Deleted member 215174

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeongmin flashback is fake.
    The author has been consistence in her writing through out the story, hiding this information doesn’t make sense nor revealing it now.

The act contradict the very base of Jeongmin moral code and clashes with all of her previous actions.
    No way Jeongmin would see Siyun stabbing himself and behave the way she did in Episode 74.

And no way Siyun was able to stab himself then place the knife visibly in the sink. Then proceed with staging his fall

the only possible explanation Siyun is tempering with her memories.

13. celosia_xx

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm hoping and expecting it's something along these lines. the art makes it seem like it was jeongmin who recalled it but then i can't imagine why she would smile after thinking about that. and i completely agree, adding this information in now actually makes no sense because no matter how you approach it, jeongmin would never let something like that slide and i can only imagine how uncomfortable and shocked she'd be if she knew. even if she knew and chose to keep quiet about it, i feel like she would keep being reminded of it and feel terrible.

also, after jeongmin smiled when recalling the memory, she looked anxious immediately after when she questioned him about nahyeok. to me, her range of emotions is all over the place. this is the first time i've been confused over her intentions because until now she was solid and easy to predict.

the theory about siyun messing with her memories is interesting. but i wonder what he wants to achieve by giving her such a disturbing memory.

honestly, something feels really off about jeongmin in this chapter. with her fear of siyun growing in the previous chapter (even though she decided to stay with him) i would expect she feels a bit awkward around him following his sudden aggressiveness. but she was more worried about siyun not responding within thirty minutes. it reminds me of siyun earlier in the story when he spammed jeongmin and the other idol friends whenever they didn't respond quickly enough. and another important thing: she wondered if she did something wrong. idk why but it feels out of place for jeongmin to be thinking that she made a mistake. and like you said, she looked so apathetic and a little distraught when she didn't hear from siyun and even when she saw him. but him giving the jacket brings a smile out of her, and it might just be me but her eyes look weird. they almost looked purple and i can't remember if they were ever drawn that way. and of course, she had a strange smile after that flashback.

there was no part of this chapter where she acted how i expected her to. i was imagining she'd be really uncomfortable around siyun after his actions and would be trying hard to hide it and pretend everything is okay. but instead, she seems clingier than normal with siyun like (just as you said) her emotions depend on him. this really convinces me about the theory that siyun is messing with jeongmin's psyche somehow. it's like she started acting how siyun wants her to.

14. Deleted member 215174

Reading List:
    Link
    but it is strange that right after the knife flashback and the smile Jeongmin asked about Nahyeok. Is she noting Siyun behavior and concluding it is due to Nahyeok or is Siyun pushing her in this direction of thinking?

remember in Episode 41 Siyun wanted Jeongmin to ask him to kill someone. So they can be bound to each other forever. Also, in episode 49 he pushed the memory of him attacking Jaehyuk to force Jeongmin to remain with him. May be he is preparing Jeongmin to ask for Nahyeok killing.
    Again these past few episodes his anxiety skyrocketed over the roof.

but if he really brainwashing Jeongmin then we are to expect more strange flachback or/and radical changes in Jeongmin’s behavior in the coming episodes

edit: I think you are right about the purple eye color. Does it symbolize a shift happening within Jeongmin? Or may be the author chose to draw them like this, but then I feel there is a lot of focus and emphasis about Jeongmin eyes and expression in this episode.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2023
  15. celosia_xx

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i think the only plausible explanation is that she's being brainwashed and we'll see a major shift in her character (which i probably won't enjoy because she's my favorite and i don't like seeing her get manipulated </3). i can only imagine how dark it gets from here and i really don't think nahyeok is going to fare well. i've seen people theorizing someone might die near the end and i think if it had to be a victim of siyun, it's most likely nahyeok. anyways i'm seated for the next episode and sad that tuesday is so far away :(

Deleted member 215174 likes this.
  16. Deleted member 215174

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup we are heading toward the bad ending :blobstare:
    Jokes on me for thinking Siyun might change for better. Nope my boy enjoy the psychotic vibes and now he’s bringing Jeongmin to his side.

if anyone must die let it be Nahyeok. Though I really wished he faces justice for what he did.

Lulubilly and celosia_xx like this.
  17. celosia_xx

Reading List:
    Link
    nahyeok needs to go to jail and so does that jerk who beat up siyun

yeah i can't see a happy ending either and the author also implied it might be a bad ending in a q&a so i think we're going down a dark path. i'd be surprised if they were all happy at the end because it's been foreshadowed from the beginning that siyun would continue to hide things from jeongmin and keep brainwashing her. i think it was said that there would be around 150 chapters so i guess we'll see what the last 60 will bring.

18. Blue119119119

Blue119119119 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh no...... do you have the link what the author said for the Q&A/ what what they said? :( I do not want a bad ending or any death....... :(

celosia_xx likes this.
  19. Deleted member 215174

Reading List:
    Link
    The Q&A was long time ago on their twitter account 2L_MJL
    but I believe the author was just teasing the fans

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2023
    Blue119119119 and celosia_xx like this.
  20. celosia_xx

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i heard she replied to someone asking about siyun/jeongmin's future kids with "but will it have a happy ending?" so she's probably just teasing but i feel suspicious :(