Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Deleted member 475588

Deleted member 475588 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I can confirm that that is true, After reading the novel. The female lead had Dissociative amnesia which occurs when a person blocks out certain events, often associated with stress or trauma, leaving the person unable to remember important personal information. Which is exactly what our female lead did. The female lead’s family is absolutely trash. None of them are redeemable. This is my personal opinion after reading a novel.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2023
  2. natsuxlucy

natsuxlucy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it true that in the novel it was stated that Jeremy had feelings for the FL but never decided to act with his feelings towards the FL?

3. Hynmnstr

Hynmnstr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the 1st timeline, yea he totally did. I believe he did have a crush on her again in 2nd timeline but it all turned to gratitude and massive guilt when he found out what his father did to her when she was little. He did actually feel sad and frustrated that he can't help Shuri that much, especially during the Trial to act as her Knight in Honor due to they're both being accused at the time and their complicated family relationship.
    He then feels like he didn't deserve her at all after knowing everything. But he also feels relieved that she found happiness even if it means letting her be with his best friend. He even admits that 9/10 people in the empire would say that Nora and Shuri fit together when he's arguing with Elias.

4. Tycon

Tycon New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did have feelings for her and my god this thread have a lot of fake stuff. He loved her in both timeline in novel. He has many dialogues in the second timeline how he has feelings. But from start it was clear he would never act on it. He always supported shuri to find someone she loves and that how he will always supports her. Jeremy gave support to shuri having a partner even before nora and shuri started dating and after he got to know he still supported them especially shuri. The day when he was finally let go of his feelings was the wedding day of noshu. And he was 22 or 21 at that time. He cried but he was happy for her.

I don't know where you read it but Elizabeth has never done anything to sabotage theo ‍♀️ it was shuri and Albercht who after nora assassination attempt gather the support of other nobels and kicked out the crown prince.

5. kinkky_k

kinkky_k New Member

Reading List:
    Link

6. momAgthere

momAgthere Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone please tell me what happen with Albert?? he was the person who helps on Shuli's death in both timelines, right? so, wtf happens with him in the 2 timeline?

7. qixmerk

qixmerk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did nora get married in 1st life?

8. Hynmnstr

Hynmnstr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he ever did cause the empire is in the middle of a war with the Safavid, even if not with Safavid it would be due to civil war which he himself starts after handing over the result of his investigation to the Neuswanstien. The civil war would be between the church and the empire. He himself mention he didn't care if the empire would burn to the ground like ashes as long as he could find out who cause Shuri's death in 1st timeline even his fate and life are not even confirmed but he still didn't care about it.
    With all that happening, I don't think anyone has the time to care about marriage. Plus Nora only loves Shuri even in both timelines so it is unlikely for him to ever got married to anyone else aside from Shuri

M30WWWW, riinflorida, qixmerk and 2 others like this.
  9. thecrud

thecrud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if this is already asked or explained, but I wonder what actually happened with the Captain of Neuswanstien knight, Abington. I mean, in the manwha, he didn't played any part in the 1tl assassination, but rather he regretted that he didn't send her properly and he went after the carriage only to see her corpse but from spoiler, in 2tl, what I gathered was Shuli was traumatized by Abington existence as she remembered the murderer of herself, and it was Abington from 1tl. Manhwa 1tl Abington didn't kill Shuli? I thought, he changed his mind already after seeing how Shuli defended Jeremy. I'm very confused by that.

Is it the manhwa plot change a bit about that or can someone tell the novel part of that.

M30WWWW and princessbelle like this.
  10. zander99

zander99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have the side stories?

11. Fenrironcrac

Fenrironcrac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would someone be kind enough to tell me the extent /details of the abuse Shuri suffered at the hands of the Marquis?

it’s just so sad that an old man decided to bring in a child and marry her instead of thinking ‘oh she could be my daughter in law’ just because she looked like his first love and just what perverted fantasies he had to abuse and groom her into becoming a perfect marchioness? Was he putting her through all of that because the former empress never chose him? Was it misplaced resentment? If he hadn’t died imagine what else he’d have put her through. That creep cardinal also fell in love with a child. That era had way too many p*dophiles and enablers while victim blaming was rampant

Last edited: Jun 17, 2023
  12. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing that serious, he literally just married her so that she'd be in charge when he was gone. She looked similar to the last queen, if i remember right, so he was banking on this tidbit to protect his family after he was gone. She was quite literally a tool for the sake of his children. The resentment wouldn't be aimed at Shuri, but at his old buddies.

If that makes sense.

ThisReader1 and Fenrironcrac like this.
  13. Fenrironcrac

Fenrironcrac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh I get it

14. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well royals fucking everyone over and then acting like they helped is a tale as old as time

M30WWWW, Creolenerd and DOHere like this.
  15. Zaytoona

Zaytoona New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know when the manhwa will be complete ? Like how many chapters is left until it is done ?

16. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He was more verbal and emotional (oh and manipulative), I don't remember the details. He did get jealous once and locked her up in a room. But he was never hands or physical with her.

Edit: I remember this happens in chapter 96 in the manhwa

Fenrironcrac likes this.
  17. Orihimeinoueee

Orihimeinoueee New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone who has read the novel tell us all the details about Nora and shuli's relationship, really all the details and how they end up! I'm literally obsessed with them, I will also know everyone's reactions to their relationships even from the prince pleaseeeeeeeee

18. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't he literally abuse her tho. She repressed that memory

19. Elju

Elju Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, jeremy and noah learned from the old made that he hit her, she had bruises and ran away, that's very clear. no sexual abuse.

20. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said it was more verbal and emotional. His physical was grabbing her and locking her up, that was the cause of her repressing her bad memories of him.